z

Young Writers Society

Mental Hospital For The Army?![accepting]

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:44 am
July says...

*Goes back and looks. Oh! Sorry! I'll change that.
Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very"; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.
Mark Twain

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:47 am
PixieStix says...

(Haha I was confused for a sec :) )
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:51 am
untameabletiger says...

Carson Rayfell~

"Good news Parker, You can beat half of my power." I winked , and grabbed her sides, sitting her down beside where I was sitting, and stood bent over her as she sat there. Damn she was good.

I smiled, scanning her face. She was an interesting subject, the watchers would be--- THE WATCHERS. Shit the watchers can see us. I stood up , suddenly ragged. This was against the rules. I could get deported again, or killed even. ...and absolutely NO private lessons unless you are strictly professional. I remember them saying. I held my hand out, helping her up. In a barely audible whisper I said "Follow me."

I lead her through the back doors to a large field, at this time , the cameras weren't on back here. She looked at me strangely, and I explained. "The watchers' can see us in there, all of that we just did, broke the rules majorly. " I hope she understood what I meant , not the fighting, the flirting .

"Well, I made a promise didn't I?" I halfway smiled as I got up, making my way over to my side of the room.

I mumbled "I just don't take rejection lightly." as I stopped to get my brushes to clean.

(Sorry Tansy's is short, i'm not really sure what I should write)

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:59 am
TheClosetKidnapper says...

MIcah

I smile, standing after she started towards her canvas.

"I just don't take rejection lightly." She mumbles, bringing the guilt back.

Wiping the smirk off my face, I sneak up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist. I tilt her face upwards and our lips meet, doing what I should have done before. My lips curl into another smile, still in the kiss, just before a vision hits me.

```````````
Awen

A little bit bored, I stand and head to the door, turning around to face Ian.

"Do you wanna look around with me?" I ask, biting my lip in hope that he might.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:15 am
View Likes
July says...

Parker Walker

For a second I was stuned, did he just say half his power? Coming back to reality, I noticed that was Carson was staring at me. Before I could ask him why, he offered his hand and quietly whispered, "Follow me."

Complying, he lead me through a door and on to a large field. Momentarily distracted, I only caught a few words that Carson was saying. Something about watchers and breaking the rules. Wait, what are watchers? I was about to ask him, when my mind comprehended the other half of the statement. Looking at the ground, I felt sadness overwhelm me.

Squeezing his hand, I whisper sadly, "Carson..., what if you get in trouble because of me?"

Normally, I would never worry about someone like this, much less someone I just met. Then again, Carson felt different than most people. He had manage to trigger an emotion that I had locked away, and that, made him special.
Last edited by July on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very"; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.
Mark Twain

7 Reviews

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:21 am
untameabletiger says...

Tansy Peterson~

The next thing I knew , Micah's strong arms were around my waist. He is so warm. Why did this feel like a puzzle being put together? Why did I want to stay like that forever? Micah tilted my head back, I gave a weak smile before our lips meet. Shocked, I took a breath though my nose, as his lips curl into a smile. His lips were soft and gentle, there was so much force and power inside him , and he hid it. The kiss sent chills down my spine and a ripple effect of fluttering in my chest.

I was all wrong , I was completely wrong about being rejected, he didn't kiss me for another reason, but was was it? Micah froze, I had a strange feeling in the bottom of my stomach that he was having a vision. I stayed close, breathing in his sweet smell as he stood stiff. I waited. Waited for the vision to end, hoping nothing horrible would come to pass.

Ian Hart~

Looking around? Seemed better than this , after all it was a completely different place neither of us knew. I walked over to Awen, after nodding and shut the door behind us. We walked down a rather large hallway , and ended in a wide room, with around eight doors.

"Choose your fate." I picked at her, giving a smirk in her direction.

" Parker, if they caught us, the worst they could do would be to send me back to war for a year." I lied " If I could survive six years of war before I came here, I can survive another one." I reassured her.

Realizing I had left information out , I added. "I'm not supposed to tell you this , but watchers , are people who sit in hidden rooms , watching how you react in certain situations, seeing how mature you are and how you handle things not in you control."

This was a lot for her to take in, but I knew she would get it eventually. She had the smarts to understand where to put the pieces in this puzzle.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:38 am
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Micah

There are...people. People in tiny rooms. Rooms with monitors. Monitors with each of us shown in separate boxes. There is only one box interesting though. One box that I'm focused on. Just as I begin to absorb the image, fear it, the vision ends, leaving me with only questions.

I blink a few times, realizing that I'm practically holding Tansy, and almost forget that I was in the middle of something wonderful only seconds before. My hand overturns her wrists to be sure and swallow, not ready to release her yet.

Part of me wonders how much of the fear she sees in me.

-------------

Awen

I smile and examine each of the doors. Finally settling on one in particular, I walk towards it.

"This one." I say, stopping a foot before it and turning around to face him again.

I leave it up to him to open it or not. Who knows? He is the unpredictable one between us.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:44 am
July says...

Parker Walker

War. My mind went blank at that single word. War. Carson, in a war. Not just one, but five. I'm not sure why this surprised me, the way he fought defiantly indicated that he had done some type of fighting before, but war was another story. Worry seemed to wash over me like a tidal wave, threatening to drag my in to open ocean. I had a hard time resisting the urge to just wrap my arms around Carson, just to feel him there. So I settled on squeezing his hand harder.

Stop,I ordered myself in a hard voice. Taking a deep breath, I then heard him explain what watchers were. Swiftly, the wheels in my head began to turn. Then, it all made sense, but I also wanted to hear it from him. Looking up at Carson, he seemed to realize this too.
Mark Twain

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:47 am
Ranger51 says...

I turn around to see the first girl - the one who had gone into that guy's room - asking me if I want to share a dorm.

I get a little warm feeling at the offer - people usually just ignore me. She seems nice - and I figure I'll have to sleep somewhere, and I'll probably need all the help I can get to find friends. "I think I'll room with you - thanks." Abruptly I realize I forgot to tell her my name. "I'm Kierra. What's your name?"
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

7 Reviews

Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:09 am
untameabletiger says...

Carson Rayfell~

Her tightening grasp on my hand indicated she was afraid. Afraid of what? He being here made me wish I had someone to explain everything when I was in he position. I didn't know how to put this to her , and I didn't know how I was going to handle the situation myself.

"I got here when I was eleven." I looked down at her before continuing. "I trained for two years , then I was deported." I an my free hand though my hair and kept going. "I was only eleven , I didn't have anyone to tell me anything. I had no choice and I didn't know what was going on." Maybe she could escape like I never had the chance to, save herself and the others from the horrible reality of war. If that was he choice, I'd help her.

125 Reviews

Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:09 pm
PixieStix says...

Bella-

I smiled at Kierra. "I'm Bella. Follow me." I led her to my room. "You can put your stuff here."

Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:47 pm
July says...

Parker Walker

I almost couldn't believe what I was hearing. In fact, if someone else had been telling me this, I would not have believed a word of it. Then again, it was Carson that was telling me, and that made all the difference in my mind. I also got the underlying message that Carson was trying to get me to me. He was tiring to give me choice, to stay or to try and escape.

I felt determination bubble it's way past the worry. "Carson, I'-", my mouth shut without even completing the sentence. A sudden, overwhelming feeling of being watched surrounded me.

Reluctantly, my hand let go of Carson's and fell to my side. I already missed feel of his hands, so warm and comforting. A seriousness settled in my eyes, "We're being watched", I silently mouthed to him.
Last edited by July on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Twain

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:16 am
Ranger51 says...

My shoulder seems to sigh in relief as I ease my duffel bag from my shoulder. I realize with surprise that there's already another bag sitting by the bed. Looking around, I realize that the others have bags like it and set it aside - I'll look into it later.

I realize that there's also a music stand, and somehow my trumpet has ended up there - it's even got the little green tag on the handle of its case. There are a couple classic fantasy movie posters, and a little decorated whiteboard hanging above the bed. Opening the bag, I find a thick book - checking the cover, I discover that it's an adventure novel - and some clothes. Rummaging to the bottom, I pull out a piece of paper. "What's this?"

Or course I managed to hold it the wrong way; flipping it over to read the text, I discover that it's a schedule:

11 am: Breakfast with council, announcements.
12 am: Long range and foraging.
1:30 pm: Healing and magic.
3 pm: Lunch with council, announcements.
4 pm: Fighting and defending.
5:30 pm: Free time until dinner.
6:30 pm: Dinner.
7:30 pm: Free time until lights out.
10 pm: Lights out.

I look up at Bella. "Have you seen your schedule yet?" I ask, wondering if we have some of the same classes - or whatever they'd be called. This sure isn't school. Not a school interested in getting me to college, anyways. Long range and foraging... healing and magic?! What is this, Camp Half-Blood?
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

125 Reviews

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:20 am
PixieStix says...

Bella-

I smiled. "Yeah, let me see yours." I looked at it and my smile widened. "We have the same classes." I put the paper down and walked over to my bag, pulling out my guitar, and started playing a simple tune.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:28 pm
July says...

*bump*
Mark Twain

Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
— Dr. Seuss