Young Writers Society

Mental Hospital For The Army?![accepting]

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:21 pm
View Likes
untameabletiger says...

Carson Rayfell~

She was ready to train, as was I. This wasn't my level of expertise, but I was pretty damn amazing at it. I winked at her, and acted like I was about to attack her, I wanted to see how fast her reflexes were. She was going to be a worthy opponent.

As we began to train, I spoke. " You know, this isn't my specialty." I took her arm and twisted it behind her, in some way it was like a strange hug, or at least I liked to think of it that way.

Ian Hart~

"Your's is too" She said ,

I made myself one again, the one beside her, and laid back beside her. I hoped this wasn't getting to close. I've never had the feeling of wanting to be around someone as much as I did around her. The thought sort of creeped me out a bit.

"Oh, so it is."

I nodded , of course I could keep that promise. No one except that Bella girl had gotten on my nerves since I've been here, everyone else seemed to be getting along with me pretty well.

Casually dipping my finger in blue paint, I walked over, hiding my had with the shimmery paint. When I got close enough, I wiped my finger across his cheek.

"Whoops , sorry." I laughed, smiling big.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:40 pm
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Awen

"Oh so it is." He says, laying back with me.

I'm not sure what to make of his being so close, not sure what this is. I smile anyway, studying him.

``````````

Micah

Tansy wipes blue paint over my cheek and I smile with her. I stand and back her up to the canvas, dipping a few fingers in yellow. Before she can move, I wipe it across her cheek, stifling a chuckle.

"Back at you."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:23 pm
Ranger51 says...

name: Kiera Mappe.
Watcher , trainer or subject: Subject
Ability: Ability to create small force fields
Limit: She can't make it entirely encompass herself and has a really low pain tolerance.
Appearance: She's average height (about five foot seven) with brown hair and blond highlights.

Personality(include strengths and weaknesses): Kiera is pretty shy and socially awkward until she gets to know someone, but once she has a friend she'll trust them a hundred percent and do her best to be just as trustworthy - in fact, she's a very fun person if she gets comfortable. Not many people know that she has really strong morals and is a dreamer because people generally don't notice her. However, she'll say something if someone is doing something she sees as wrong, and if you insult her friends or morals, she'll get really mad, shy or not. Other than that she has a policy of trying to see the other side of things, but ends up taking it too far and tries to ignore things she wouldn't want her friends to put up with. She loves fantasy and making stories, since it's the closest she gets to real adventure and excitement usually.
History: Kierra was born in Kansas and has a twin brother named Lionel. They're really close, but he doesn't have a power, so he can't accompany her to the 'mental hospital'. She lived a relatively normal life; she was an outcast in her school most of the time, until she found a small group of friends, who helped her develop her somewhat elusive fun side. Her parents always told her to be whatever she wanted to be, making her a bit of a dreamer.
Theme: Fantasy (by Earth, Wind, and Fire)
Up for love? Sure, if she gets comfortable enough with you.
Other: She plays the trumpet.
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

53 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:35 pm
Ranger51 says...

(Wow... I didn't realize how big the picture of Kierra was... O.O)

Kierra Mappe

I shift my bag in my hand, looking around with uncertainty. This is the right place, right? I'm not sure...

I pause a few seconds - I hate raising my voice. I always feel disruptive. "Hello? Is anyone here?"

I shift my feet again, then try to straighten my back and stand still. It's not like anyone's going to eat you for being here! There's still no one I could see, but I think I hear a voice or two behind a door or around a corner. Maybe they can help me figure out what the heck I'm doing...
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

7 Reviews

Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:04 am
untameabletiger says...

Ian Hart~

He facial expression seemed a bit awkward, so I sat up. Now that I thought about it , I was starting to feel bad for not telling Awen the whole story about being afraid of water. I didn't want he feeling bad for, and I wasn't completely sue I could trust her yet. But something about he made me want to trust he against my better judgement. I began.

"Y'know how I almost drowned in the ocean." I looked at her, kind of hoping she wasn't listening. " That wasn't the entire story." I was trying not to have a mental beak down.

"My parents took me out to the beach, and tried to- to kill me." I was shaking a bit. I had never told anyone this before and I didn't like the feeling of this repressed memory being brought back up.

Now , with yellow paint across my face, I picked up the brush , dipped it in blue and added it to the canvas. Turning it around, revealing a picture of Micah, I halfway blushed.

"Now . it's perfect." Not many people have seen my at work , I was usually self conscious about it, but I felt as if he deserved to see it this time.

82 Reviews

Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:12 am

Awen

Ian sits up and tells me about his trip to the beach.

"How could they do that?" I ask, astounded. "That's not right."

I sit up and wait for him to reply, noticing him shaking a little.

``````````

Micah

I smile, amazed at how much the picture looks like me.

"That's perfect." I say, looking back at her.

Something makes me set a hand on the side of her face, leaving her to make the next move.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

7 Reviews

Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:31 am
untameabletiger says...

Tansy Peterson

He set his hand on the side of my face. His touch gave me chills, I gave him a weak smile , I took my hand and put it on his hair. God he was adorable! I looked up at him. Wondering what he was thinking, he was so unpredictable, and I loved that about him.

"Micah." That's all I could say, I didn't know what i was thinking nor did I know what he was thinking , no matter how much I wanted to know.

" They , just hated me." I shook the thought off.

I couldn't believe that had really just escaped my mouth. what was it about her that made me trust her? It wasn't her power, I knew that much, or was she lying? Was she a mind reader or a manipulator ?

82 Reviews

Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:46 am

MIcah

She says my name and I close my eyes, taking a deep breath. My face leans closer to hers on its own. Wait. We just met.

I think too much of it and pull back, apologizing. I take my hand back and look awkwardly to the floor, blushing a little.

`````````

Awen

Without knowing it, I set a hand on Ian's shoulder, feeling sorry for him. They hated him? That's so messed up... I can't even imagine.

"I'm sorry." I say.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

7 Reviews

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:08 am
untameabletiger says...

Tansy Peterson~

He leaned in, the backed away. I blushed. Why did he back away? Was something wrong? Did I do something wrong? I needed to clear my head. I knew we just met , but it felt like I knew him for years.

I opened the small window and tossed my legs out first , then the rest of my body. My wings forced out of my back, they caught on the wind and I soared upwards, tears threatening to fall.

" It's okay . I haven't told anyone about that in years."

I pushed my hair backwards from my face. I didn't really know what to say .

82 Reviews

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:47 am

Micah

My heart drops and I scold myself in my mind, watching Tansy leave through the window.

Nice job, idiot. Who knows what she thinks now? Was she okay with me kissing her?

I sit back on my bed and run a hand over my face, sighing.

Damn.

`````````````

Awen

I don't know what to say when he's done and I find the silence a little disturbing. A little awkward, I walk back to my bed and lay on my back, staring up at the ceiling. The texture makes it look like waves. I flash a smile and glance at Ian, who's discretely watching me.

He's so interesting...so different.

I quickly look away and muse about it. He's definitely my best experience with a boy, even if it's a little weird.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

Reviews: 0
Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:48 am
July says...

Parker Walker

As soon as Carson caught my arm and twisted it back, I knew I was in trouble. I had to be careful, if I moved wrong I could defiantly hurt myself. Even though I got the feeling that Carson would not let that happen, I stopped to think.

I felt a smirk make it's way to my face as an idea came to mind. Glad that he could not see my face, I glanced down and I noted where his feet where. Moving suddenly, I rammed my foot as hard I could in to his. As soon as I did, his grip loosened. Tearing myself away, I then used the extra force to pivot and kick straight toward his abdomen. It was time to get serious.
Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very"; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.
Mark Twain

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:30 am
PixieStix says...

Bella-

I was taking a walk outside when I saw Tansy sitting by a tree, her face buried in her knees and her wings spread. I walked over and sat next to her. "Are you okay?" I asked concerned. I'd always been the one to go to comfort and advise. She looked up at me and shook her head. "I'm sorry.." I felt like crying, I hate seeing people sad. I pushed the feeling aside and asked her, "Can you tell me what happened?"
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

53 Reviews

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:19 am
Ranger51 says...

Kierra

The voices have stopped for a moment, but I still have no idea where they were - I have no idea what I'm doing, either.

Sighing in resignation, I turn to the nearest door and knock. "Hello?" I call, more than a little unsure of myself.
-Fahrenheit 451

82 Reviews

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:21 am

Micah

There's a knock at the door which I hadn't realized was shut. I walk to it, wondering if it's Tansy, and am surprised to find it's a new face instead.

"Um, can I...help you?" I ask, not too experienced in this.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

53 Reviews

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:51 pm
Ranger51 says...

"...Can I help you?"

The guy at the door looks my age. I smile in what I hope seems a friendly way - good lord, why can't I just feel normal around people? - and take a deep breath to speak.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting you... I just got here and I couldn't find anyone. Do you know where I could find someone in charge? I kind of have no idea what I'm supposed to do here." He looks a little uncomfortable. I probably look like an idiot, that's why. My feet want to shuffle in place again, but I settle for shifting my bag for probably the umpteenth time.
-Fahrenheit 451

Daddy Long Legs are more closely related to crabs than spiders and somehow the idea of crablike creatures with spider legs that have escaped the entrappings of the primordial sea and now crawl over land and can walk up and down walls and ceilings creeps me more than I can adequately describe.
— Snoink