z

Young Writers Society

The 13th Hunger Games---Starting

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:08 pm
SkyeDragon says...

Fiske Reede/District 9/talking to Alen

Fiske was utterly and completely caught off guard by this suggestion. Who in their right minds would want him for an ally. No one liked him, knew him, let alone talk to him. They would say he was strange, mentally disturbed, sick. When really, he was either too shy, or angry at the people who called him names. Still shocked, he mumbled something inaudible. He cleared his throat, then tried again. "Sure, I guess. But, I'd like to know, why me? Because my entire life, I've been shunned from games, groups of friends. No one's had a reason to like me. So if you'd like me for an ally, and my trust, you're going to have to tell me why."
Every great writer was once an amateur.

14 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:49 am
SirTobes says...

Spoiler! :
I heard JustaGirl was quitting. Nooooo, Edur just asked Malaya to be allies!
This will not do! Please someone take her roll! Please!
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:00 am
starrgazer says...

Spoiler! :
Toby, do you want to be allies with me an sunwater? :) We are District 8 people.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Pffffft, yeah right...fat lot of help sour lemon juice would do. When life also throws me a bag of sugar, then we'll start talking.

:)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:57 am
sunwater says...

Alen whispered to the district 9 boy "you look like someone that can get into peoples mind and play with there emotion if you want." "There is also the fact that you most likely have something your not showing us so you have the advantage" Alen said and waited well the boy was thinking.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:22 am
ShootingStars says...

Reed Willimon, District 11 female tribute:

Reed was enjoying herself as she learned different techniques at each station. Most of the time she was alone, but after about an hour or so the District 10 girl joined her at an agility obstacle course.

"Hi," the girl said.

Reed remembered her name to be something like Des. "Hi. Des, right?" she asked.

The girl nodded and smiled. "I've been kind of watching you a little, and I wondered if we could be friends? Maybe it's too sudden, but..." Des trailed off. "We could be allies."

Reed somehow felt she could trust this tribute, something deep down telling her to go for it. Then she remembered Fiske. Weren't they almost like allies?

She glanced across the room and spotted Fiske, and he was talking to Alen. Oh, no, Reed thought. From her point of view, it looked like the two boys were possibly becoming allies. Her heart sank, then she faced Des once more. "I trust you," she stated, extending her small hand, with a kind smile playing across her face.

Des grinned back and shook Reed's hand, sealing the deal. "I was also thinking District 12's tribute, Ryder, would be great with us. He seems to have a lot of hidden talents."

Reed slightly nodded, turning back to the obstacle course in front of her, and mentally preparing herself for what was to come.
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

14 Reviews

Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:58 am
SkyeDragon says...

Fiske Reede/District 9/talking to Alen

Hidden talents...that was true. Fiske thought. Was it worth it? Fiske may have other abilities no one knew about, but what about Alen. Was it worth it to stick out your neck onto the chopping platter? That's what happened when you started an alliance. You were putting your complete faith in your ally. Somehow, Fiske didn't think he could trust this guy wholeheartedly.
"Sorry, but no." He said. "I'm a picky guy. And your not my pick."
He turned his back to Alen, and walked away without another word.
Every great writer was once an amateur.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:57 am
sunwater says...

Alen/ district 8

Alen felt like he was hit over the head with a cast iron pan and that put him into shock. Luce comes up next to him and asked 'so did we get a ally."
"No but I think but he just made a enemy" Alen said as if he was going to kill him right there.
"Alen calm down its ok it means that we will have to look for some other people that would like use on their side" Luce said calmly.
"He said he was a picky guy and did not pick him and I walk up to him to try being allies and he turns me down like he had all the tributes are wanting him" Alen said." "That is it i'm going to talk to the girls over there" Alen walk over to the District 11 and 10 girls well they where talking."Hello i'm Alen and I would like to ask both of you if you would like to become a ally with me and Luce" said as Luce finally gets over there.
They both look at him in surprise and maybe in shock Alen waited for them to respond to his question.

14 Reviews

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:09 pm
SirTobes says...

Spoiler! :
Sure stargazer, Edur would love too!
This one is only short btw

Edur moved away from Malaya as she didn't answer, and had turned her back on him, leaving Edur feeling cold. He wandered around to each station doing bits here and there, not wanting to attract attention, but still working extremely hard.
After finishing most stations, Edur observed a few of his 'opponents', and tried to make some more friends. His first attempt hadn't gone down well, but he had gained some confidence and was ready for anything.

Over to a boy with 8 on his shirt Edur walked, taking each stride carefully.
He didn't know what to say to his boy, so he just mumbled something under his breath, that no one could hear.
"Um, are you...okay?" asked the district 8 boy.
Edur looked up sharply,
"Oh, ah, yeah. I'm fine. And I'm Edur, from district-"
Edur was cut off by the boy dipping his head to Edur's shirt.
Edur looked down, Oh yeah, he thought. That.

Previously Just Toby

37 Reviews

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:59 am
ShootingStars says...

Reed Willimon, District 11 female tribute:

Right as she was about to begin the obstacle course, Alen and Luce strolled up to her and Des. When the two asked for an alliance with Reed and Des, Reed didn't know what to say. She had just seen Fiske and Alen talking. She thought they had been creating an alliance, so she was puzzled. 

It was her turn to maneuver through the course in front of her, but she needed to ask Alen about Fiske. "Aren't you allies with Fiske?" Reed wondered to him.

Alen snorted. "He didn't trust me." 

Reed inwardly smiled. She still had a chance with Fiske... But she had already made with a commitment with Des and Ryder, so maybe if- 

The shrill of a whistle shook her from her thoughts as the station manager got her attention. Before Reed could respond to Alen, she sprinted to the first hurdle set up. She leaped it with ease, moving on to the rope ladder that was the next obstacle. Reed couldn't stop thinking about Alen, Luce and Fiske. It bothered her that Fiske didn't approve of Alen as an ally, so should she? It was a dangerous game, indeed. If you chose the wrong friends in the Hunger Games, you could end up with a knife in the back.
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

38 Reviews

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:53 am
starrgazer says...

Spoiler! :
This is just a tad bit confusing for me, but I'll try to wrap it all up as nicely as I can :P

Luce Avery - District 8

"He didn't trust me," Alen grimaced. I looked up and gazed back at all the unfamiliar faces staring back at me; the shy district 10 girl, the seemingly charming district 11 girl, and Edur who was still eyeing his shirt. Feeling just the tiniest bit claustrophobic, I took a step back and whipped up a smile to my face.

I was about to make a feeble attempt of convincing them to team up with us when the whistle squealed, possibly taking away a potential enemy or maybe saving us from another rejection. Des still stood with us until her partner called her over. I watched her back as she jogged away, disappointment filling up my heart.

"I...uh, ahem," Edur started suddenly, breaking up the silence. All eyes shifted to him which seemed to make him more uncomfortable than he already was. He finally looked up to reveal a pair of ice blue eyes and turned to face Alen and I.

"I'd want to, um, to allies with you guys," he began softly, "I've got some skills at throwing and stuff."

Alen tilted his head, interest sparking in his eyes. I swear he must be on some internal mission of getting the most accomplices. Nevertheless, I was glad to have someone else on our side.

I stepped forward and stuck out my hand towards Edur, feeling the wary eyes of Reed and Des following me and said lightly, "I'm Luce by the way."

Spoiler! :
Feel free to pm me if I need to edit anything

Pffffft, yeah right...fat lot of help sour lemon juice would do. When life also throws me a bag of sugar, then we'll start talking.

14 Reviews

Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:53 am
SirTobes says...

Edur Stravajok, District 11 Male. Talking to Luce.
Edur looked up from his shirt, and began to speak,
"I...uh, ahem," he felt like the world was watching, and that made him extremely uncomfortable, but he continued anyway.
"I'd want to, um, to be an ally with you guys," He spoke cautiously, "I've got some skills in throwing and ah...other stuff."
he slouched down, he was usually very relaxed and calm, eveen ehwn he was talking to strangers, which he usually never did.

He was about to walk away, everyone was staring at him and raising their eyebrows, when someone spoke up.
"I'm Luce, by the way"
Edur turned to face the speaker, it was a girl, she was from district 8, she was beautiful.
Edur smiled.

Previously Just Toby

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:58 pm
Jaden G. says...

Des- District 10

Reed started running the obstacle race. Some of the mentors and other tributes were looking expectantly since I was at the starting line... I started running too. It wasn't as bad as I had thought. It was easier than chasing a runnaway lamb through the woods or chasing off coyotes in the rocks. Running, climbing, ducking and dodging; it all felt so good on my lazy muscles.

The surprise at the end was a thumbs up from Reed. I had forgotten people were watching. Mentors, tributes, sponsors... a blush crept up my cheeks and I wanted to sink into the floor from all the eyes.

I ran to the next station.
"Oh please don't tell me you're archaeologists."

"Do you have a problem with archaeologists?"

"I'm a time traveler. I laugh at archaeologists."

~Doctor Who

38 Reviews

Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:23 am
View Likes
starrgazer says...

Luce Avery- district 8

Edur's whole face lit up when he smiled. It was the type of smile that subconsciously triggered one of your own and before I knew it, a silly grin found it's way on my face. For just a few seconds, I didn't feel like everyone in this room, but one was signing their own death warrants. He shyly took my hand and shook it as if we met in a bustling cafe instead of the training room of the Hunger games. I let go and gently nudged Alen forward as he too clasped his hand in Edur's. Automatically, Edur seemed to ease up; Alen always did seemed to have carried an air of friendliness around him.

"So you guys know who they are?" I said curiously, eyeing the district 10 girl who just cleared the course without breaking a sweat. I watched her as she strolled over to the black, blue eyed girl with to-die-for dark curls and the number 11 planted on her chest.

"Des and um, Reed I think," Edur murmured.

"Well one thing's for sure, they're pretty talented," I observed with wide eyes. I looked at my own hands that have done nothing, but sew and knit for the better part of my life. Big lot of help all that would do.

"Hey, don't worry about it, Luce," Alen said, shooting me another one of his 100 watt smiles, "With three of us, we'll kick ass out there."
Last edited by starrgazer on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

37 Reviews

Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:51 am
View Likes
ShootingStars says...

Rayda, District 5 female tribute (filling in briefly for UpandOut):

Once Rayda learned a few critical survival skills at different stations, she decided she shouldn't waste time on just the nature part of the Games. Rayda needed to work on her weapon training.

As she strolled over to the spear throwing section, she realized with a sigh of relief that she would be the only one working there. Her mentor had told her to learn some new things, but she also didn't want to make a fool of herself.

When the station manager began explaining the structure and basic tips of spear throwing, Rayda let her eyes wander around the gym. The girl from 4 was busy tossing knives at a small target, the female tribute from 7 was hacking a stuffed dummy with an ax, a small group of boys was gathered near the Gauntlet, and the girl from 11 and 10 were maneuvering through a web-like rope course.

Rayda noted that most tributes were already in small bunches, and that they were creating allies. The thought crossed her mind that maybe having a friend in the Games would be a good idea...

37 Reviews

Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:55 am
ShootingStars says...

Spoiler! :
What if today and tomorrow is the morning of the Games, and then on the weekend we start? Does that sound okay?
---Shooting Stars

As a writer, I'm more interested in what people tell themselves happened rather than what actually happened.
— Kazuo Ishiguro