z

Young Writers Society

Dalle Private School (Closed)

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:07 pm
icebender28 says...

Samantha:

I was crying when someone came in and sat next to me, asking my name.
"Samantha." I said, sniffling. I wiped away my tears angrily. I hated crying. It was one of the only things that bothered me. You know, other than having spigetti thrown on you while everybody is watching.
"Why are you crying?" Ms. Labreque asked me.
"I, uhh....ummm....well, i fell down and spilled spigetti all over me." I looked up, waiting for the laughter. But none came. Instead, I saw here giving me a comforting smile.

(Sorry it's so short! I'm doing this in Study Hall, so I've got to go! Tell me if anything's wrong! :D )
Life is to be lived, not survived.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:24 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Arwen ¬

The door opened, and I toppled over with a cry.

"Have a nice trip?" Lucy smirked.

"Shut up and help me up," I snarled.

"I'm sorry, I'm not the helping kind," She smirked. I pulled the guy up.

"I'm going to sleep... have fun Arwen," She said before winking and leaving.

I rolled my eyes. "Sorry," I apologised. "What's your name?"

"Caspian,"

"Cool name," I brushed a lock of hir behind my ear. "Do ... you ... err... want me to go?"
Signature Pending

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:56 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Tristan

After exiting the stage, I had returned to where Jessie was. He had, in the time span, taken a seat near the edge of the room at an empty table, staring complacently at anything and everything that didn't pertain to people. I was a little surprised by this. He seemed completely okay with me.

"That was... embarrassing," I muttered, turning my eyes towards the door. He smiled weakly, flicked his eyes towards me then away again as if not quite too sure what to say.

"You were good," he said.

I didn't really want to sit down. As I shuffled from foot to foot, I thought of being somewhere else, if anywhere at all. "I'm not really all that hungry."

"Nor am I," he said. "In fact, I kind of just want to go to bed."

He stood up slowly then started walking towards the door without so much as a goodbye. I wasn't quite sure if it was because he didn't know what to say to me or because he didn't want me around. I really hoped it was the former of the two.

In hopes that it was, I followed after, trying to calm my nerves as I did so. "Want me to walk you to your dorm?"

He raised a brow, resting his hand against his hip as if a little shocked by my words. "Its a little far off from yours."

"I don't mind."

He mused on this for a few seconds before responding. "I guess... if you want."

From the point, we walked in silence. I had hoped he might try and start some form of conversation as I searched for the right words but none came to mind. Simply speaking, I couldn't think of anything at all to say that would make this anymore comfortable. That and if he didn't start talking, maybe he didn't want anything to do with me. I would lose my first friend... I shook my head back and forth, cheeks reddening. He wasn't my friend. If he was my friend, he would actually want to be my friend.

As we approached his dorm, a loud noise made itself known, and voices. Female voices. Laughter, anger. It was seemed very odd for a boys dorm. As we came closer, a girl started to walk by us with what looked to be quite the expression of delight. When her eyes met mine, I instinctively turned them away.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:10 pm
gleek456 says...

Lucy Coyne

I began walking away from robo-legs and Arwen. I crossed my arms to shield the breeze of the air conditioner. Man, the boys dorm is freaking cold! I flipped my hair and resumed to my original position. I kept walking when I saw two guys walking towards where I left.

My eyes met one of theirs'. It was the boy who played that piece! What was his name again? Christian? Ugh, whatever. Oh, and he was with the boy who fell this morning. Interesting. As he walked past, I stopped in my tracks. I really needed that score. I turned on my heel, now facing the boys' backs.

"Excuse me!" I called out to him. They both turned around, so I quickly walked towards them. I point to the boy who played the piece.

"You played that piece in the cafeteria," I said. "Can I have the score?"

(Hope this is okay Dream!)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

42 Reviews

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:24 pm
Shadowlight says...

Caspian Morley:

"Do you want me to go?" The girl asked blushing. I couldn't tell if she were blushing at what had just happened, or the fact I was shirtless, but my parents raised a gentleman so I quickly grabbed a shirt.

"Well you don't have to go,I don't care either way," I said trying to be cool about it. " Sorry for opening the door like that I thought it was someone knocking."

Then there was a long awkward pause, I hated those, they always made my feel jittery. I shifted bouncing on my legs slightly. "Um-what's your name?" I asked after a few agonizing seconds.

"I'm Arwen." she said smiling, I raise my eyebrows-was she serious?

"Like the character in 'The Lord Of The Rings'?" she gave me a withering look as she nodded.

"Yeah, my parents like unique names." I laughed rubbing the back of my head.

"Same here, Caspian isn't a normal name either. My mother was a Lit major in collage, so all us kids have unusual names."

Just then two guys walked up the hall, I wondered if either of them were my roommies...

(Again please tell me if I'm making characters OOC, I will edit! :D)
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

489 Reviews

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:19 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Tristan

The score? The score. Right.

"I..." the words kind of died off my tongue before I could answer, stomach twisting uncomfortably. Jessie was staring at me, then the girl, the back at me with a plain expression. It was a little bit easier seeing as he wasn't as uncomfortable as I seemed to feel. "D-don't have it."

She raised a brow. "Don't have it?"

"No," I murmured, turning my eyes towards the ground in embarrassment. "I memorized it awhile ago. I don't usually use sheet music unless I'm learning a new song."

She crossed her arms over her chest, obviously displeased. "Oh."

In an act of trying to shed some light back to the conversation, I said, "I have a few books of line-sheets. I could write it out for you if you want."

"The entirety of it?" she looked a bit surprised. "That's a bit much-"

"I-I wouldn't mind," I added, shifting from foot to foot. "I like writing out music. It really would be no trouble at all."

She paused as if deliberating. Searching for double-meanings, I suppose, or trying to figure out why I would bother. I suppose, when it came down to it, my intentions didn't look all that clean, but they truly were. I liked music and she wanted to learn a song I adored.

After a few more seconds, she responded. "I don't know why you feel the need to be nice to me."

I smiled weakly, unsure how to answer that. Before I could think of a reasonable response, I simply spoke, "Because I want to."
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

82 Reviews

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:34 pm
gleek456 says...

Lucy Coyne

"Because I want to," he replied. I knit my eyebrows together.

"Alright then. I'll be waiting for the score..." I trailed off.

"T-Tristan," he stuttered. I nodded.

"Tristan," I finished my sentence. I turned around, but then turned back, sneaking a glance back towards Tristan. Nice boy... wait 'till he actually talks to me. I begin walking back towards the girls' dorms. I never talk like that... only about important things, such as acting, singing and music.

I closed the door behind me. I put my laptop away, to be safe, and sat on my bed. 9:47. It's still a bit too early to sleep, but tomorrow is the first official day of school, so sleep is a must. I slip into bed and began dozing off.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:18 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jessie:

The walk with Tristen was very quiet. I didn't know what to say. He was really cute, I didn't want to flub up my speech, and I wasn't sure what exactly to say to him.

Then, a girl came up and was talking to him about the piece he had played. I couldn't really pay attention. I'd spent the entire day without anything to do with science. Except for marking a few notes on the palm of my hand, I hadn't been able to do anything. I was getting restless, as well as tired. That was one of the reasons I couldn't talk. I couldn't think of anything but my science.

"Hey, Tristen, thanks for walking me to me dorm. I'll see you tomorrow, 'kay?"

Tyler:

I'd seen Jessie leave with the kid who played the piano not too long ago. Before I could see what was up, someone called, "Tyler, would you like to do something for us?"

"Sorry headmistress," I yelled up at her, "my talent is rugby."

"Tyler, you've been here for two years, I know you play drums." She replied.

Rolling my eyes, I decided to just get up and get it over with. Standing on the stage, I picked up the tan acoustic guitar, though I'm better at drums. I just had this song stuck in my head all day.

Pulling a stool up to the mic, I sat on it and began to play and sing Black Bird, by The Beatles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5CUHHGlQg0
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 2
Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:05 pm
RainyDay says...

Name: Ashley Reynolds

Appearance: Ashley extremely bright blue eyes and pale skin. Her hair is natural red, and she has it shaved, creating a mohawwk and leaving pieces of hair by her ears (just follow the picture)
Spoiler! :

What talent/ sport/ subject do you excel in? She's an amazing guitar player and fantastic singer. She can also act pretty well, but she sticks mostly to her music, and if she's acting, it's in a musical.

Personality: Ashley is a tough girl who can hold her own. She's the exact opposite of a pushover, and can get a little bossy. Many find her intimidating, and if you're someone who can stand up to her, she automaticallly likes you. She tried to settle any dispute she comes across, but if you hit or or insult her, she won't hesistate to kick your butt. She's rebellious and is a leader rather than a follower. She's stronger than she looks and can get very stubborn. However, she's a really cool girl who will be the first to crack a joke, no matter if it's appropriate time and place or not. She loves her friends more than anything, as well as her music. She's a really good friend if you get through her tough exterior. She doesn't tell anyone about her past unless she really REALLY trusts them. She tries not to show it, but she's actually hurting a lot inside (check history to see why.) She has trouble trusting people, and can't stand it when guys touch her, even if it's accidental. Can't stand it as in if you touch her she'll start screaming, throwing punches, and if it's on purpose, start crying. She doesn't ever judge people based off of differences, in fact, she seeks out people with them.

History/ How you got in Dalle: Ashley grew up in a very wealthy, high class, proper family. There's her dad, stepmom, three perfect barbie stepsisters: Sadie - 12, Caroline - 14, and Sara - 16, and a seemingly perfect stepbrother, Luke - 19. She never belonged in that lifestyle, and she knew it. But she did it for her family. Then, her dad got cancer. After he died is when she let her true personaloty out, but hadn't changed her look yet, that was four years ago. A year after he died, her mom met her stepdad and they were married after only six months.

Enter barbie stepsisters and seemingly perfect stepbrother. Yes, I said seemingly. When she was sixteen and he was eighteen, he was picking her up from school, and he was drunk. Rather than going home, he went to his friend's house. After waiting an hour in the car, she went into the house to get him to take her home. Him and his five friends were drunk. When his friends saw her, they got interested. Long story short, Luke and his friends raped her. No one believed Ashley when she told people, not even her own mother. Luke still can't look at her. After this was when she changed her look.

She is going to Dalle because a few months ago she was playing a gig at a restaurant, playing guitar and singing. Some people saw her, and they suggested Dalle. Ashley jumped at the chance to get away from her family and Luke. So here she is.

Likes/ Dislikes: Likes:
-Guitar
-Singing
-Being herself
-Her mohawk

Dislikes:
-People touching her
-People who are fake
-People who cause problems

Strengths/ Weaknesses: Strengths:
-Amazing guitar player
-Fantastic singer
-Good at settling disputes
-Really strong

Weaknesses:
-Has trouble trusting people
-Can't stand people touching her

Anything else? Up for love, if you're patient.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:18 pm
RainyDay says...

Ashley:
*P.S. Ashley has a huge singing voice, so she can sing anything really. Her speaking voice is husky.*

"Mom, that's what happens when you have Luke drive me!" I yelled into my phone, pulling open the front doors of the school.

"Ashley," my mother said, "I don't see why you don't like Luke, he's a perfectly nice boy."

Rolling my eyes, I hissed into my phone, "First off, we've been over this. Second, I told you if he was the one to drive me I was walking. So I did. Now I'm at school now, bye!"

I hit the end button and stuck my phone back into my pocket. I found my room and threw my stuff onto the only empty bed, the top bunk. Oh well, I prefered it up there anyway. I then headed towards the cafeteria, making it just as some kid finished singing and playing...Black Bird.

I'd read on the website that they do this, have kids perform during meals. The second the kid put the guitar down, I was up on the stage, picking up one of the guitars and pushing the stool away from the mic.

I said into the mic with my husky voice, "Hey, I'm Ashley, and this is Uprising by The Muse."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjdZCLEsoDQ

When I finshed, there was a roar of clapping. Putting the guitar back, I got down and looked around. I chose a table with a boy at it. He had no legs, which I thought was actually really interesting. So, I sat down in the seat two down from him, not wanting to get close and have him brush against me.

*Hope this is alright!!!*

42 Reviews

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:25 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Arwen ¬

"Well ... I think I better go to bed," I said, yawning. "Sorry for landing on you. If you see Seighart, tell him I said hi,"

He nodded. "See ya,"

"Bye, Casp."

I walked quickly back to the girls dorm. I thought about putting a booby trap in Lucy's room, but decided against it; I wasn't postitve I knew which was hers. I opened the door to my dorm at got dressed into my pyjamas. I slid into bed and pulled out my book...

I was shattered from staying up all night reading (I'd finished my book by about 2) so I groggily pushed myself out of bed. I picked up a paper that had been slid under the door.It read,

Students,

As a welcome back treat (or in some cases, a welcome to Dalle treat)
we have arranged for a camping trip to take place by the end of this
week. We will be gone for 3 days, and will take part in a number
of activities, including obstical courses and puzzle games.

We hope you will enjoy it!

-Headmistress

I was torn between anxiety and excitment. This could be really fun, but it could also be a disatser, seems as Lucy was out for my blood, but at least I could talk to Seigh...

II walked down to the hall to the bathrooms to take a shower. I wrapped the towel around myself and stepped out ... but froze when someone steped into the bathroom. I groped for my clothes, quietly, and ducked behind the door.

"Who's there?" Someone asked.
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:44 pm
gleek456 says...

Lucy Coyne

My phone vibrated under my pillow, also waking me up. I groan and shut it off. I sit up and see bright lights shining through the window. I smiled and silently got up, gathered my clothes, and headed towards the bathroom. It was only 7:00, and school didn't start until 10:00, because of breakfast. I quickly change into my gym clothes, then brushed my teeth. I attached my iPod Shuffle onto the collar of my jacket.

I stepped out the bathroom and made my bed neatly. Anna was still sleeping, which made me roll my eyes. I stuck a sticky note on her forehead, careful not to wake her up.

Gone somewhere to do something, don't you dare try looking for me, Lucy, the sticky note read. I tied my hair up, then made my way towards the entrance of the school. I stretched for a few minutes before starting my daily morning run. I pressed play on my iPod, and Maybe This Time blasts in my ears. I hum along with Liza Minelli while jogging. After a few minutes, I rested against a tree, and start hydrating myself. I let out a big "ah" as I finished.

I start walking back, but later stop to sit on one of the benches under the shade. I think about how this year might go. I mean, judging by last year, there's probably going to be the school election again. God I hope I don't hear about that this year. I freaking lost to some nerdy bitch. Then there was the annual school trip. It was a camping trip, and I saw ducks there. I nearly killed one. I smirk at the memory. Oh! And then there was the recital and dance. Well, the dance was pretty much the after-party for the recital.

I cross my legs on the bench and rest there for a while. I examined the sidewalk, watching if there were anyone else coming. I decided to go back to my room. Before I could step inside, I found a piece of paper that failed to make it through the slot. I rolled my eyes and picked it up.

My eyes widened as I read. I muttered a curse to myself. Camping trip?! Are you freaking kidding me?! I can't survive three days! I unlock the door and walk inside, Anna was still sleeping away. I shook her hard.

"What? What happened?" she asked groggily. I shoved the paper in her hand and ripped off the sticky note from her forehead. I grab my school clothes and walk into the bathroom.

"Who's there?"a familiar voice asked. I smirked, Arwen.

"Your worst nightmare," I replied.

"Lucy? Is that you?" she asked. I rolled my eyes.

"No freaking way. Really?" I asked in my sarcastic tone. "It's Lucy you idiot"

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:20 am
Ktg17 says...

I'm walking slowly, through a beautiful garden. The breeze is slowly making my hair whip gently in the wind. I sit on the edge of a fountain, pick a red rose up and sniff it. The aroma is so sweet it makes me...shake? No, someone is actually shaking me. I jolt awake, slowly opening my eyes.

"What? What happened?" I grumble, trying to make sense of things. I vaguely see Lucy walk out of the room and hear the door slam when I notice a piece of paper shoved into my hand. I sit up in bed and rub my eyes, trying to wake up, and read the letter.

A camping trip? Cool. I like these sort of things. Some girls can't handle the lack of running water and electricty, but I manage. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

I grab my things and go to take a quick shower, but pass a girl in the hallway.

"Sam! Wait," I call out, and she turns around and looks at me. "We haven't really talked much yet, but I'm Anna."

"Hi! It's so nice to meet you! I'm really excited to be here." She's smiling alot, and it seems to be contagious. I begin to grin.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay after yesterday..." I stop as I see her face turn red.

"It's okay. I was just a little embarrassed. But I'm okay now!"

"Good." I smile again, then continue. "Well I better get cleaned up! See you around!"

"Okay!" I'm smiling as I walk away. This girl may smile alot, and I'm sure its gonna get on my nerves sometime when i'm angry, but she seems to be friendly enough. As least more welcoming than Lucy. Maybe I've made my first friend.

(Hope this is okay! If there's a problem, just let me know and I'll change it!)
Even if you see in black and white, think in color...

489 Reviews

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:19 am
Dreamwalker says...

Tristan

After having returned to my dorm, I went to bed almost instantly. Stage performances always wore me out, especially when large crowds were involved. Sleeping, which I had feared would not come to me initially, did so the moment my head hit the pillow. I suppose having sheets from home made that so.

When morning came, I had been the first to wake up, as per usual. Though my regular routine would have to be put at rest - an hour's practice then a half hour of musical theory - I happily went about my things searching for whatever seemed most comfortable and, quite honestly, lackluster as possible. Drawing attention to myself at anytime was a no.

I ended up settling for a pair of ripped jeans, a tan t-shirt, and a pull-over hoodie that fit snug enough to be comfortable. And comfortable I was. After having showered and readied myself for the day, nothing beat wearing a hoodie.

As I pushed the dark curls out of my eyes, I turned towards the door, wondering if now would be a good time to go for breakfast.

The note passed through the mail slot on our door surprised me a bit. I watched it hit the floor, unsure if I was mean't to take it but not willing to simply leave it there if it should be for me. After a few seconds of simply pondering what I should do, I picked it up and flipped it over. It had been addressed to all three of us.

I turned my eyes towards the two sleeping figures. Not willing to wake them, I decided it would be in my best interests to simply read what it had to say, so I did so stoicly. When I had finished, my stomach dropped.

Camping.

I instantly went to Tyler's side, unsure of if this was good but no longer caring. I shook his shoulder, fingers weak and heart pattering wildly. "Tyler, wake up."

He grumbled and turned over of which made me shake him harder until he finally responded with a blatant 'wha?'

"Read this," I said, panic visible.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:01 am
RainyDay says...

Ashley:

"Get of of me!" I yelled at Luke's friend, Sean.

"Come on baby, don't be like that." Another boy, Scott, said.

"I'm not your baby" I spat at him. Turning to Luke, I demanded, "Take me home Luke, now!"

A slurred laugh escaped his mouth and he grabbed my arm, pushing me back. I fell over and landed on my butt, catching myself with my arms before my back adn head hit the ground.

"Luke!" I screamed, tears streaming down my face, mingling in my long red hair, "Please, take me home, I want to go home!"

One of his friends grabbed me by my waist and pulled me up to him, holding me against his body, "I'll take you home baby, but you gotta do something for me first."

The five of them were then surrounding me. I tried running, heading for the door, but one of them caught me by my waist and pulled me back. And then...they did it.

I woke up, my breathing heavy, covered in sweat. My t-shirt was soaked through. Looking around the room, I saw that my two roommates were gone. I had gotten here last night, one of them was asleep and the other was doing whatever. I hadn't bothered to say hello, because I was exhausted from walking all the way to this school. Would I ever meet them? I heard the one, Lucy, was insanely nasty. Oh well, I can handle her.

I grabbed a pair of green cargo pants, a black tanktop, and my black combat boots to change into. Seeing that it was early, I decided I might as well shower, to get this sweat off of me and gel out of my hair. A slept on mohawk is terrible. So, grabbing a towel and some undergarments, I made my way to the bathrooms.

When I pushed open the door, I heard a girl say, "Your worst nightmare,"

"Lucy? Is that you?" Another girl asked.

"No freaking way. Really?" she said sarcastically, "It's Lucy you idiot"

"Other wise known as first class bitch." I said in the same nasty tone she was using.

A bitter look crossed her face and she replied, "Guess it takes a bitch to know one."

Tilting my head innocently, I said, "Really? Then you must be an expert!"

Giving her a sarcastic salut, I said, "See ya around, roomie!"

With that, I headed for the shower.

*Hope this is okay!*

After my shower, I quickly changed my clothes and styled my hair into its usual mohawk. As soon as I finished this task, I went back to my dorm, only to find a note pinned to the door. Guess my other roomie did that, she's nice from what I've heard. I skimmed over it, and smiled to myself. Camping. I love camping! Especially with a bunch of girly girls, that's just hilarious (Lucy and Ashley bonding? Hahaha)

Laughing to myself, I thought of how maybe Lucy did that to. I mean, we can't live in this spmall space and hate each other, now can we. I went over to my large, glass jar filled to the brim with guitar picks and took a few of them from it, stuffing them into my pocket, and headed to breakfast.

When I got into the cafeteria, I looked around at everyone, automatically spotting a guy without real legs, though he did have...robot legs?

Smiling, I went over to the table he was at adn sat down beside him, giving him a hard pinch on the arm.

"Ow!" I exclaimed, looking at me like I'd lost my mind.

Smiling, I said in an overdramatic relieved tone, "Phew! You're not a robot!"

He smiled, a laugh escaping his lips and he replied with a smile, "Only a quarter robot."

Widening my eyes, I leaned as close as I dared and whispered, "Cyborg!?"

His laughter echoed through the cafeteria, and I continued, "Can I help you take over the world!? I'm not a cyborg, but I have a mohawk!"

*Hope this is alright!*

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
— Bill Nye