z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Closed)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:13 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Lorcan ¬

"You'll pay for this, you and all the stupid Hufflepuffs," I snarled, rising to my feet. I glared at Astral, "And you, you have a death wish," She continued to massage her wrist, ignoring me completley. I turned and stalked away.

Astral ¬

I let out a sigh of relief as Lorcan went.
"Thank you, so much," I said, hugging Heidi hard; I hugged the boy that had spoken, too.
The boy blushed. "I'm Daniel. This is Malcomn and Dakotah,"
I smiled shyly at them, I had to admit, they were both quite cute. All of them were, actually. I pushed the thoughts aside firmly. "I'm Astral, thanks again ... can I come to breakfast with you? I can't sit at your table, but ..."
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:23 pm
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

"Yes! Definitely!" I cried out happily. Astral smiled. I immediately link arms with Astral and head off. I glanced back at the boys and smiled. I turn back to Astral.

"I'm already surrounded by those boys everyday, so it's nice to be with a girl," I say. Astral nodded as if she understood. I stop, and face her with a stern look.

"What's your relationship with that Lorcan guy?" I ask, with a worried tone.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:35 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Adrian. This is paper's character.

He woke up early as he usually did, and headed out to the common room. To his surprise he found Lorcan coming in, limping. It seemed as if something had happened earlier in the morning. Of all the years he had been there, he had never seen one in which all the houses were in complete peace. So he walked slowly towards Lorcan and talked to him.

"What happened to you?" He asked with geniune curiosity when he looked at the infuriated expression Lorcan had.

"Nothing," Lorcan snapped as he stretched his leg. Adrian knew they had never been friends for he was a muggle born, but he felt he belonged to Slytherin as much as Lorcan did.

"Nothing? You can barely walk and you say nothing?" Adrian said, trying not to laugh.

Lorcan glared at her and said nothing, just looked at his foot and thought for a while. Adrian didn't mind if he didn't tell him, but it he thought it would be nice to be friends with someone in his house.

"Hufflepuff," Lorcan answered, "They are going to pay for this. And Astral, Astral doesn't even imagine what's coming to her." The evilness in Lorcan's voice almost inspired Adrian. They had had trouble in the train with the Hufflepuff house, but he didn't know they fought earlier in the morning.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

82 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:14 pm
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I waited for Astral to answer, but she bowed her head in silence. "I'm sorry, it's hard," she said. I could feel the tears forming in her eyes. Surprised, I quickly fan her with my hand.

"It's fine! You don't have to tell me!" I said assuringly. I took her wrist and dragged her back with the boys. I think she can get along with them too. I stand beside Daniel, while Astral stood next to me, head bowed. I lean in.

"Don't worry, they won't hurt," I said assuringly. Astral nodded her head and stood with her head held high, but sort of stiff.

(Hope this is okay Princess!)

Reviews: 2
Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:49 pm
RainyDay says...

Sorry I haven't posted! Me, my family, and some friends went to a cabin in the woods this weekend so there was no internet :( But I'm back!

Dakotah:

I walked beside Daniel, and the next thing I knew the girl, Astral, was on the verge of crying. As Heidi attempted to calm her, we walked by the guy Lorcan.

"They are going to pay for this. And Astral, Astral doesn't even imagine what's coming to her." I heard him say as we passed by.

That was it. This guy must have some major issues. The train, grabbing Astral like that, no this? Jaw clenched, I broked from my friends, nearly running them all down just to get to Lorcan.

Feeling all eyes on my back, I ignored them and grabbed Lorcan's shoulder. Spinning him around, I grabbed him by the chest of his robes and got about two inches from his face.

"You will not hurt a single hair on that girl's head. If I so much as hear a rumor of your plotting to hurt her, it will be the end of you. If you touch her, you'll have to deal with me. And when you deal with me, you deal with my brother and my friends. And between all of us, that's just about three fourths of the school against you. But I swear, if I have to, I will take you on myself. And you will regret every moment that so much as glanced at Astral. Am I clear, or do I have to give you a demonstration!?"

*Hope this is alright!*

Kadence:

"You will not hurt a single hair on that girl's head..."

Oh no. I know that tone. Dakotah was pissed. Someone must have insluted his friends. Glancing towards his friends and a girl I recognized but have never known Dakotah to hang out with.

As Dakotah finished his little speech, I ran up to him seperated the two of them before things got really ugly.

"Okay you two, break it up before you get expelled."

"But-" Dakotah protested

"But nothing Dakotah" I cut him off, "You have to cool your temper."

Lorcan sneered, "Hufflepuffs being rescued once again."

Turning abruptly to fac Lorcan, I said a little louder, "And you! You're lucky you haven't been expelled after what you pulled yesterday on the train and in the dining hall. I doubt you can afford anymore strikes against you."

Looking to my brother, then to Lorcan, then back to my brother, I said persuasively, "Now go into the dining hall, eat your breakfast, and let's have an event free day, shall we?"

I waited for their answer.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:01 pm
Liv says...

Someone bring in Jamie? Pretty please? *bats eyelashes* I'd apprecite it. No idea how to get myself into this. Hahaha. Been gone so long. I left my laptop at my friend's house and didn't get it back until now :)

180 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:13 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Daniel

The three boys stood still, obviously angry and trying to calm themselves when Heidi came back with Astral who was almost crying. He hated seeing a girl treated like that, and even more if it was a girl as nice as Astral. He stood beside her and wrapped one of his arms around her as Heidi was holding her hand.

"He won't hurt you ok, ever, we won't allow it," He said turning to look at all the boys. They walked with her but all of a sudden Dakotah snapped at Lorcan and almost fought with him if Kadence hadn't been around.

So they walked with Kadence and Dakotah, glaring as they passed by Lorcan and Adrian until they reached the dining hall. Daniel's was about to have a nervous breakdown because of all that had happened, so he quickly looked for a seat. He hoped the food would calm him down. Heidi sat nexto to him.

"Hungry, huh? So typical you," She said with a smile on her face, as Dakotah invited Astral to sit with them.

Adrian
He was still amazed by Dakotah's reaction, for a Hufflepuff, that was quite aggressive. He couldn't help laughing. They thought they were stronger, but they weren't, they were just lucky.

"Have you heard of the three strikes method?" Lorcan asked him as he sat down in one of the tables of the dining hall. Adrian shook his head slowly and sat as well, waiting for Lorcan's reply.

"Well, they have two right now, one more and they'll be out," Lorcan said. There was much he could learn from Lorcan.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:32 pm
fictionfanatic says...

What Rainy said :)

Jazliac:

I sat in the seat across from Astral, someone I had befriended in my first and her second year on a night I went to the common room and found her crying. We had become pretty close friends after that, thought it took a lot of persistance on my part. I could instantly tell something was wrong. We'd been friends for what seemed like ages, so I'd gotten pretty good at noticing. Well, that and the kid Dakotah practically bit off Lorcan's head. My guess was Lorcan was messing with her again.

"Hey Astral" I said with a gentle smile, "You doing okay?"

She shrugged and stared at her plate, "I've been better"

I understood what Astral went through, because being muggle born I taken a lot of abuse from Slytherin as well.

Changing what I knew was a touchy subject, I said "So how was home?"

*Hope this is alright with you Princess. Felt like she needed a friend :) If you don't want it like that I'll change it, just let me know*
Live, Love, Laugh

82 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:37 pm
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I sat next to Daniel in the Great Hall. I was worried for her. I look to the Slytherins table, and Lorcan and some other guy were talking. I look to the food on our table. I grab a piece of toast, an apple, and a scrambled egg. Before I could take a bite, the Headmaster asked for all of our attentions.

"To celebrate the return of everyone, and to welcome the newcomers, we would like to hold a ball here," the Headmaster started. Excitement showered the students. It took the Headmaster a few minutes to grab our attention again.

"It will be like the Yule Ball, but not in the Christmas time. It will be festive, and there will be dancing. Gentlemen, ask your special ladies, and ladies, might as well ask," the Headmaster continued. Snickers came from the Slytherins. I laugh at the Headmaster's comment and shake my head slightly.

"It will be on Friday, so plenty of time. Enjoy your breakfast," the Headmaster finished. I begin to play with my scrambled egg with my fork.

(Hope it's okay if I added an event.)

180 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:15 am
pudin.junidf says...

Daniel
A ball, a ball this early? It was kind of an outrageous idea but he liked it. It was good to release some tension and try to socialize a bit with the new students. He was pondering though, if he should invite Heidi or not. He was quite shy when it came to those things. There were many other girls there too, Astral for instance. But he wasn't sure, he really wanted to invite Heidi.

"Hey Jaz," Daniel said to Jazliac, as he sat next to Astral.

"Hey Daniel, " He answered before saluting all the other people that were sitting around them.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

82 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:29 am
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I continued to pick at the scrambled egg for a minute, then took a bite. The ball, coming up in a few days. Woo-hoo. I'm probably going to be locked away in the girls dorm reading or studying, unless I get asked to the ball. For the past five years, I've been known for studying too much, and not having fun. I roll my eyes at that reputation.

I grab my apple and take a bite. If I don't get asked, maybe I can ask them. But, who exactly would say yes to me? I shake my head. Maybe I should just wait. I pick at the cuff of my uniform. These things always give me worries. Whenever I'm walking around Hogwarts, I see confessions, and rejections. The rejections seem horrible. I honestly don't want to go through that. I head over to my first class, which was Potions after I finished early.
Last edited by gleek456 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:31 am
fictionfanatic says...

Jazliac:

A ball? Really? So early? This was interesting. The headmaster must be going insane. I looked at my plate as the headmaster said something about boys asking girls and girls asking boys. That would make this school go into hyper drive.

"Hey Jaz" Daniel said.

"Hey Daniel." I said, giving him a smile, then greeting the rest of them.

I nudged Astral's foot and she turned towards me. I whispered, "Do you want to go with me?"

*Take it away, Princess! Hahaha*
Live, Love, Laugh

42 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:12 am

Astral¬

I pondered the question for a while.
"I guess so, no one else is gonna invite me," I gave her a huge grin, trying not to look troubled. I scooped up the last of the scrambled eggs and popped it in my mouth. "I'm off to Defence Against The Dark Arts, see you later," I pushed of from the table, but my wrist gave way and I toppled over. "Ow!" I cried, clutching my wrist to my chest.
"Are you OK?" Jaz asked.
"I'm fine, Jazzy," I said, wincing and getting up. "See ya,"

Lorcan ¬

"Three strike method," I mused, "That gives me an idea. I could easily blame them for attacking me outside the common rooms and just now, and then ..." I smiled evily. "We just need to make them slip up, or frame them, even better. That Dakotah, hah! what a girls name, ( OOC: Sorry, trying to think evil x) ) has a temper, but wait!" My eyes shone, "Potions! We have it second, come on, we need to talk to Proffesor Mcgonagal! Ow, my poor leg," I sniffed, rubbing it in mock pain. "Owowow,"

"Proffessor Mcgonagal*," I sniffed, rubbing my leg. "I've already been to Proffessor Snape**, and he told me to see you, but," I sat down and winced as my leg hit the table, "You see, Dakotah, erm ... Daniel and Malcomn, I think there names were, attacked me in the common room, oh, and Helda ... um ... Hilda ...?"
"Heidi,"
"Ah, Heidi," I supressed a chuckle, "She kicked me,"I rolled up my trouser to show her the red and purple bruise that I'd made using a spell we'd found, me and Adrian, "And Dakotah grabbed me as I was going into the canteen, and he wripped my lapel," I showed it to her- I'd ripped it just before I'd come in, but, oh well.
"Why would they do this?"
"I don't know, I wasn't doing anything, I just don't ..." I made my voice crack and I hung my head, low, sniffling.
"I shall speak with them," She said, "Dismissed,"

* and **: Would it be OK to use OC's?
Signature Pending

180 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:38 am
pudin.junidf says...

Daniel

He would ask her, he decided that he would ask her. Not now, maybe later, because he was too busy thinking about school and classes to ask her. Besides he knew she was too. So he got up, and walked towards his first class: Potions. He didn't quite like it, for it was a bit monotonous but he had found it very useful. He had solved many problems by using potions. He received the first class with Malcolm and Jazliac. Dakotah since he was a year behind, went to another class.

"Remind again why do we have to receive this class?" Malcolm asked him as they entered the room.

"Shush!" Daniel said to him as he smacked him in the head with one of the books he was carrying.

Adrian

He walked by Lorcan's side all the time, keeping his silence and only breaking it when Lorcan needed a witness for his story. Quite a clever story he had to admit, professor Mcgonagal believed every word of it. Adrian was impressed.

"And that's how it's done," Lorcan said as they both walked out of the room, an evil smile spreading across Lorcan's face.

"What do you think she'll do?" Adrian asked with curiosity, since he had never gotten in trouble nor gotten someone else in trouble. The whole situation though, was getting a lot more exciting every minute that wen by, and he wanted to be a part of it.

"Nothing as bad as what I would have done to them," Lorcan answered with a smile.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

42 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:18 am
View Likes

Astral ¬

I walked to Potion Class, next to Heidi and the boys.
We lined up, as usual, outside the door, chatting.
"So, do you like Potions?" I asked Heidi, Dan, Malcom and Dakotah. "I prefer Defence Against The Dark Arts,"
"Hey, guys!" Jazzy came up to us, smiling as we entered the classroom.
"As it is a new year, we shall arrange seating arrangments," The teacher said.
"I'll go with Astral,"
"Very well, Lorcan, how kind of you to offer. Sit at the front, next pair: here,"
"Complain," Lorcan hissed, "And you've had it, understand?" I nodded weakly. I glanced worriedly at Dan, Jazzy and Heidi. Heidi's hand shot up.
"Heidi,"
"Sir, could I go with Astral, instead? I'm terrible at potions and need her help,"
"No," Came the flat reply. "Sit with Adrian. Now."
I'm sorry I mouthed at her. She nodded. Daniels face fell.

Lorcan ¬

The class got underway. Astral sat next to me, scraping her chair as far as she could to the edge of the desk, but I always found an excuse to get nearer: put her under a bit of pressure. Daniel was hastily scribbling away and he set a flying note into the air, it drifted over to Heidi's table, but I shot it down and collected the peice of paper. I snickered.
"Sir! Daniels sending inappropiate messages during class!" Sir snatched the paper out of my hand and read it with a smirk.
"Would you like me to read it to the class, Daniel?"
He shook his head vigorously.
"Class, I need you to be very careful- we are using a very corrosive material which really shoudln't be used this year, but the headmaster decided we shall." He said suddenly. A plan hatched in my mind. "Astral!" he barked. "Get the ------- from the cupboard." She did so, taking out one vial and walking past me to hand it to Sir. I snatched it off her whilst his back was turned and poured it on the tabled, I threw it back at her, she managed to catch it, but the acid began to eat away at the table, and one drop hit my leg. the pain was excrusiating.
"SIR! SHE POURED IT ON ME! LOOK AT HOW SHE'S HOLDING IT! IT WAS DONE ON PURPOSE!" And by the way she'd caught it, it very much looked like she had.

Blue is added bit
Signature Pending

How can I be king of the world? Because I am king of rubbish. And rubbish is what the world is made of.
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane