z

Young Writers Society

Wizards' Guild

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:04 am
Jiggity says...

People stop making second characters. And Karma, I would be happy to. (Please don't curse, or it will get you in trouble again. -Griffinkeeper)
Azdurag, the mighty Ice Dragon of the North was on the hunt. He yearned to unleash a furious onslaught of magic and ice, and yet, a voice within urged caution. The people were much more active, much more volatile in these warlike times, a rash move before he was in full control of all his faculties could end all his aspirations prematurely.

What he needed to do was make an immediate impact. Something not to spectacular, yet not weak enough to be dismissed entirely.

He was 15,000 feet in the air, casually abserving the world beneath him, when he found a perfect solution. A mage, or something similar, walked below. Alone. Probing its mind delicately, he found that her name was Isaure and that she was quite a factor in this world...or at least she was. He grinned maliciously, which for a dragon is nothing more then than a baring of 8feet tall, razor sharp teeth. Tucking his wings into his sides, he dived.

Below, Isaure walked on oblivious to the monstrosity bearing down on her. Until its shadow blotted out the sunlight that is. Looking up, she had time only to gape in wonder and horror before a blast of freezing, brilliant white fire, froze her mid-step.

He snapped out his wings, beating furiously to keep from hurtling into the ground, and stared at the Ice-girl. Satisfactory, he thought. He knew, however, that mages could be pesky creatures, showing up when they were believed to be dead. Raising a massive leg, he slammed it down, smashing the ice statues into pieces with a tinkling sound, and ending any hopes of Isaure annoying him in the future.

Trumpeting his triumph to the sky, he launched into the sky.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:21 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

Hearing a peircing roar shlear halted his flight "huh, I'll go check it out, selena won't catch up in a while since she is on foot" Shlear winged (first time he has had his wings out, nobody has yet seen them...) his way in the general direction only to see a extremely large dragon with a smaller one on its back fly off towards the village. "Oh shit..." shlear mumbled staring as it flew off into the distance bearing its teeth. "Uhhh.... I'll tell people about that later..." Flying down towards the path he saw a mess. Ice with what seemed to be human in it were everywhere. the blood was starting to become liquid again, soaking the bottom of his boots. reaching down he picked somthing up; it was iasure's amulet!!! "THAT DAM DRAGON!!!!" shlear roared out in anger and sadness. "I have known ye' well, I will not let this dragon get away with it, you were a freind..." he said quietly putting the amulet in his pouch he made off towards the village, sorrow in his heart as the cold moon began to rise and plunge the world into a deep darkness. The breeze bringing a chill to his bones, he sped onwards tears in his eyes.
setting down and hiding his wings he saw selena and dynamo talking, running over to them selena stopped him.

"where were you, I waited for an hour at that stupid cave." she said angrily not noticing the tear streaks across his wind beaten face.

"Hey shlear where you been, we've missed you" dynamo said grabbing him by the shoulders smiling, but then his smile immediatly dissapeared as he knoticed that something was wrong. "What's wrong, what happened?"

"It's about Iasure" he said leaning against the wall covering his face. "S-s-she's dead" he choked, as his eyes began to water.

"What?!" dynamo and selena chorused.

"How?" dynamo demanded

"Dragon, it froze her then shattered her" he said holding up the amulet, it still had ice and blood clinging to it.
Last edited by Dargquon Ql'deleodna on Mon May 01, 2006 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:18 am
zelithon says...

I found myself liking Frozen Frozen Talon more with each passing moment. He was witty, intelligent, powerful (frighteningly so, even with me on his good side) and kind. I know to most he did not seem it. But he was extremely nice to me. His vengeful feelings towards mages were understandable. How would you feel if you were locked away hundreds of years, and most or all of your family and friends killed? I would hate humans too.

He told me to climb on his back because i would not be able to fly as fast as him. I hesitantly complied. "OK now grab on tight, and lift me" he told me with a backwards glare. I terrifiedly tried as hard as i could, holding on tight to his shoulders and flapping. Of coarse I couldn't. I was so focus on it i did not see Frozen Talon's wings start to move. When he started to float I thought I was doing it. Frozen Talon glanced back, saw the look on my face and burst into a deep rumble of laughter. I looked around and had to laugh too.

Frozen Talon began to fly in earnest now. He also began to talk in earnest, "You must understand, we are going to go hunt and kill mages, not ordinary people. It WILL be dangerous. Are you sure you want to come? Whether you want to come or not I will kill as many mages as possible."

I did not hesitate, "i want to kill mages too. I will come." i said remembering my plan for revenge. shame dynamo had to die too.

We came upon a mage wondering alone on a path in the forest. I crouched down so as not to be seen. Not that that would help. It was Esoure that we came to. I felt a smile come to my face. It was time for that annoying lady to meet her maker. I was surprised in the mode it was done. First he froze her. Then he broke her into a million tiny fragments. This display of power shocked me, but also reassured me. I had no regrets that he killed her. That glint in his eye was as cold as Esoure's fragments.

OOC had to do this: :smt100
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:34 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Tiren had been flying above the trees when he noticed an Ice Dragon in the vicinity. It had dove down and frozen something, before heading back into the sky.

It bothered Tiren, Ice Dragons usually kept to the colder regions, not a warm region.

It was time to get some extra help. He changed direction towards the mage institute.

After an hour, he saw a column of smoke. There was only a crater where the school had once been. Now that the institute was gone, there was no power structure. Down below, people were rioting. Half the city was burning, but it wasn't a result of mages, but of rioters.

Tiren realized instantly that humanity was in big trouble. Again.

Diving down, Tiren went down to see what was the matter.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:02 am
Dynamo says...

(OOC: About second characters, what's so bad about them? If the person keps them enrolled in the story, then theres no problems, right?)

Zephyrus walked between Dynamo and Shlear and kneeled down at the froven remains of Isaure.

"Who's this?" Shlear asked, obviously noticing Zephyrus' wings.

"His name is Zephyrus. I met him in the market district." Dynamo was too upset over the situation to say any more. If he did talk, he'd probably start crying.

"Hmm..." Zephyrus examined the frozen body parts as they melted. "This is deffinitly the work of an ice dragon, but not the one I'm looking for."

Selena asked, "What are you talking about?"

Zephyrus got up and turned to face them. "I'm sorry such a fate had to happen to your friend. If you'd like, I could help you find the dragon who is responsable."

Dynamo abruptly shouted, "That dragon killed my friend! I won't stop until I kill it, too!" Tears rolled down his face like waterfalls.

Zephyrus nodded and closed his eyes for a moment. A light breeze blew past the group. After the breeze subsided, Zephyrus opened his eyes. "The dragon headed west."

"Then that's where we'll go." Shlear said.

He knew that Shlear and Dynamo were fast enough to keep up on foot, but there was still the matter of Selena. Zephyrus looked at her, trying to think of a way she could come too.

"What?" She asked when she saw him looking at her.

"It doesn't seem like you'd be able to keep up with us. If you'd like, I can carry you." Zephyrus offered.

241 Reviews

Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:50 pm
zelithon says...

Libby was enjoying herself immensely. Riding on the back of a dragon, wreaking havoc and revenge. Libby was thinking of herself more and more as a dragon, even though she had not not been one very long at all.

Technically they had only killed Esoure and wrought no more havoc than flying over the village. But that in itself caused a lot. Most villagers were in cover, or running for it in fear. A very small percentage was not running.

"You can fly along side me now" frozen talon told her. So Libby took off and was delighted to see even though she was a comparatively small dragon next to Frozentalon, sh still caused more terror among the people.
"This is fun!" she yelled at him through the wind.
"You think this is fun? The real fun has yet to begun." Frozen talon grinned exposing his 8 feet tall razor teeth.
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:43 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Tiren was pleased with the town. He had managed to organize them into groups. The fires were now out, salvage operations were being done, and re-construction was beginning.

Then the dragons came.

The smoke had made it impossible to really see the dragons, so when they made a run down main street, there was no warning. Tiren stuck his head out to see several new ice sculptures where people had been before.

Tiren now seriously wondered how he had taken over management of the worlds unluckiest town. He quickly ran a mental check of any resources the town had to combat two ice dragons. The list was short: there were bows and arrows, which may or may not pierce the heavy armor of an ice dragon. There was also a large mine that ran into the hills, which was designed as a shelter for just such an occasion.

Then there was one gryphon, with a magic compass, healing potions, and top physical form.

"There is no way this will work," Tiren repeated to himself. Despite every single rational thought that went through his mind, he was already prepping for take off. He continually rebuked himself, even as he flapped harder to gain altitude. He looked down to see the ice dragons going for another pass. They flew over the town, before turning around over the lake.

The Lake!

Now he examined his opponents more carefully. Ice Dragons could freeze a man solid in seconds and could fly faster than Tiren. However, the speed meant that they couldn't turn as quickly. The clouds from the smoke would impede their vision, while the thrill of the kill would make them concentrate on the ground. One of them was definitely an adult male, while the other looked like an immature female.

Now information was connecting in the gryphon's head at a rapid speed. Dragons usually did this as part of their mating ritual. If he could gain control of one, then he could direct the other one.

The dragons were coming around now; Tiren flapped hard to get up sun. Now, if the dragons were to look at him, they'd be staring directly into the sun. When the dragons began to turn, Tiren dove for the female.

It went as if it was from a textbook. Tiren found himself hurling towards the females head. Since she was immature, the hard armor spikes hadn't quite grown in, leaving the skin somewhat vulnerable. It was still tough, but not impenatrable. As the dragon's speed increased, Tiren dug his talons into the skin as hard as he could.

The dragon started flailing, but Tiren was right on the neck. He didn't go for the kill; he wanted to move the dragon further away from the city in order to do that. The dragon now turned right in pain. Tiren looked over to see that they were going to collide with the other dragon.

In a mass of cries, two dragons and a gryphon collided above the city.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:53 am
Myth says...

When Myth woke she felt energetic and had the urge to change her shape randomly. The Pentacle had deactivated and she was free to leave it, as she did so the chalk vanished. She stretched lazily in her cat form and looked around for Astrath. Where's he gone?

She had no time to wonder on when she heard cries and shrieks. She shifted into a cat and shimmered herself outside. In the sky was a magnificent sight: two dragons and a gryphon had just collided and were clawing each other.

I've not seen a gryphon for such a long time. She forgot that the creatures were fighting and just stared at them in wonder until a dragon’s tail smashed a bell tower. People on the streets screamed and ran as far as they could. The large dragon shrieked at the gryphon who had managed to get his sharp claws onto the smaller dragon. What is he trying to do? She wondered. She didn’t want to get involved and give away her identity, Astrath would get caught too and neither wanted to die in the hands of neo-wizards. But then again, two dragons against a gryphon did not balance things out, even if it seemed to have constructed some idea of getting rid of them.

Without a second thought she changed into a gargoyle with large dragon-like wings.

103 Reviews

Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:12 pm
Dynamo says...

Dynamo and Shlear were able to keep up on land, but it took a while to convince Selena to let Zephyrus carry her while he flew in the air.

Zephyrus was silent for most of the trip, but Selena complained most of the time. "I don't know who you are, but if you so much as loosen your grip so that I can fall..."

"You need not worry. The power of wind is on my side." He looked at Selena. His focus shifted first from the scar on her arm to the one on her face. He stared more at the one on her face.

Selena's temper rose. "You'd better not be looking at my scars!" She was just about ready to strangle him to death right there, despite the fact that they both would fall to their deaths.

After he had a long look at the scar, he said, "You have been in many battles. You become angry with the people who look at your scars because you're afraid they make you look weak."

"What are you talking about? That's not why I don't want people looking at my scars!" Even though she knew it was.

Zephyrus' eyes glowed with a light golden aura. The scars on Selena's arm and face disappeared, completely. "Now when people look at you they won't have any reason to look at your scars, because they are no longer there."(I hope I'm not making a mistake by writing this.)

"What was that?" She asked, amazed.

"The fifth element of Chaos. Light. The eternal symbol of illumination and life." Using his psychic powers, Zephyrus read Selena's mind and saw that she was very greatful for what he did. Before she could thank him, he said, "You need not thank me. It is a Dragon Knight's duty to help those in need."

There was a loud roar in the distance. Zephyrus knew from the sound of the roar that it came from a dragon.

"Look's like we found the dragon that killed your friend." He said and flew even faster towards the source of the desturbance.

241 Reviews

Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 am
zelithon says...

I shrieked in pain. The Griffin from earlier was clawing at my head, "HELP" i bellowed at frozen talon who snarled at the Griffin. As he came towards me we painfully crashed. The Griffin still had me by the neck i had no idea what to do.

"Change into a young mouse? No iwould be crushed or fall
A bird? crushed.
Bear? fall
My normal self? Choked.
Remain the same? Frozen talon would try to rescue me, but might get hurt.
Suddenly I thought of the only thing i could. I transformed into a young Griffin. I knew I had disappointed Frozntalon even before I changed. "sorry!" i sobbed and transformed.

It was stranger than any transformation i had ever had. I felt in my gut that while I was a Griffin i did not have any griffin powers or the truth sense. The griffon's talons seemed to get bigger as i got smaller. I looked back worriedly. the griffin was surprised but kept hold of me switching his hold from my neck to my forelegs.

Frozentalon looked hurt, angry, disappointed, and concerned all at the same time, i hoped he was mostly concerned. "Liar!" he snarled, "Thought you were a dragon...obviously. But apparently you are simply a-a human mage" he said it like it was the worst decease on earth, "Just like Zemith, you have betrayed me. I used to be friends with Zemith, a human mage but then he was the ringleader in imprisoning me. What do you call yourself really mage?"

"Libby" I stuttered, "i am sory for lying, i was afraid. I thought you would kill me"

Frozentalon looked surprised, "You are right I probably would have. You are young right?" I nodded dumbly. "Then I suppose i am sorry then. You were reasonable. You weren't even alive when the mages locked me up." his look was protective again. I let out a breath of relief. Just then a-a ugly i don't know what came flying up.
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

820 Reviews

Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:32 pm
Myth says...

By the time Myth was high in the sky she was confused to see the dragon change shape. Hang on, what’s this? She stopped in mid flight looking like the confused gargoyle she was. She flapped her wings and hovered towards the gryphon. The dragon that had just changed looked disgustedly at her and so did the other two.

“I think this creature has to be one of the ugliest things I’ve ever seen,” said the dragon.

“Hey! What’s going on?” the gryphon asked.

“I was about to ask the same. I thought you were in trouble, it looked like you needed help.”

They stared again at her but she swooped lower and looked around at the town below. I can’t change now. They’ll imprison me. Especially if that neo-wizard girl is with them.

“I guess I’ll be going then.” She said nervously as she realised she had not meant to speak at all. She cleared her throat, trying to make it squeaky like the old gargoyles at home. She swirled downwards and plummeted into a crowd of people; as soon as she was hidden in the crowd she changed into a ladybird and dropped onto someone’s head. She created an Orb around herself and then flew from head to head until it was safe to change back into Natasha. She looked to the sky to see the gryphon, dragon and mage land safely on the ground.

She gave a sigh of relief. You nearly gave yourself away Myth. Be more careful! Now, where was that master of hers?

103 Reviews

Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:11 pm
Dynamo says...

Their group arrived at the battle scene then. Zephyrus landed and gently put Selena back on the ground.

The dragon saw the group as they arrive. Foren Talon seemed more concerned about the Dragon Knight rather than anyone else.

Zephyrus walked forward to get a better look at the dragon. "He's definitely and ice dragon, but not the one I'm looking for. The Earth Dragon of Ice is a female."

"You..." The dragon was desturbed by Zephyrus' presence. "You smell different from all the other mages. The magic that surrounds you... it is of a different nature." The dragon turned all the way around to face Zephyrus. "Who... What are you?"

"I'm a Dragon Knight." The ice dragon's eyes widened the instant it heard those two words.

Dynamo ran up past Zephyrus. "Enough talk!" He pointed at the dragon. "You killed one of my friends! I'm going to make you pay!"

He held up his hand and pointed it to the sky. He waved it around in a circle as sparks of electricity jumped off his finger, creating raging thunderclouds above.

Zephyrus was amazed by this power Dynamo was creating. He then realised that this electricity he was creating was different from normal electricity. It was slightly... chaotic.(in this case being more chaotic, because I realise that electricity is already chaotic)

Wait a minute. Zephyrus thought. Dynamo... how could I have missed this before? Dynamo is the name of the Earth Dragon of Thunder!

Dynamo put his hands together in front of his body. His wrists were together and his palms were stretched out. A sphere of blue electricity quickly formed in his hands.

"DRAGON'S WIND!!!" He pushed his hands forward and shot a large beam of lightning at the dragon.
Last edited by Dynamo on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

241 Reviews

Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:02 am
zelithon says...

OOC anyone reading other people's posts? Doe, my character transformed into a young griffin. My character is a child but is a young griffin right now. dynamo Doe landed the dragon, the griffin and me safely on the ground.
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

103 Reviews

Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:40 am
Dynamo says...

(OCC: Ok, how about Zephyrus is flying, and Dynamo still attacks, only he's on the ground so he doesn't see Doe's character?)

820 Reviews

Mon May 01, 2006 10:23 am
Myth says...

zelithon wrote:OOC anyone reading other people's posts? Doe, my character transformed into a young griffin. My character is a child but is a young griffin right now. dynamo Doe landed the dragon, the griffin and me safely on the ground.

* I know, but then I thought you changed back into a human? I'm sorry I got confused. *

Who, being loved, is poor?
— Oscar Wilde