z

Young Writers Society

Fairview Academy RP [accepting & started!]

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:30 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*Hey, RedBird, you're doing good with portraying Tracy Joan, but she's the type of person who doesn't really care about differences, so seeing him blind probably wouldn't get much of a reaction from her, especially because she wouldn't want to make him uncomfortable, but I'll go with it this time.*

Tracy Joan

He looked totally overwhelemed, and even began to fall over. I caught him.

"What's wrong?" I asked while I steadied him

"Nothing," He said automatically.

His hand rose to his face and he pushed his red hair from his eyes, revealing a misted green color. The color of them surprised me, and I had to stifle a gasp. I'd never seen blind green eyes.

Nick laughed softly, "Yeah, I know, it shocks a lot of people...But you'd already figured me out, hadn't you?"

"Yes, I did," I said over the music, "But..."

I hesitated for a second, then finished, "It's just that I've never seen blind green eyes!"
Live, Love, Laugh

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:17 pm
View Likes
RedBird says...

*Okay, sorry! I'll remember that in future...*

Nick,

I "stare" in her direction. She's only a little bit shocked because she's never seen blinded green eyes? Well, that works for me!

"You're not weirded out because I'm blind?" I ask, a little uncertainly.

"No, not really. I mean, we're all at this school because we're 'different,' right? That means we should accept everyone, I think," I can hear her smile in her voice.

"Touche," I say, grinning, "It's just that I'm not used to that reaction. Most people start treating my like I'm mentally infirm or something."

"Well, clearly you're not, so..." I can picture her shrugging.

"Right," I say, laughing, "Don't let it get to me. Don't worry, I won't!" Just then, a slow song came one, which lessened the strain on my hearing and allowed me to figure out my surroundings. I cleared my throat and made a sweeping bow.

"Miss Tracy Joan...May I have the honor of this dance?"
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

Reviews: 2
Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:49 am
RainyDay says...

Alaska:

Elisabeth suddenly stood, and I followed suit.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I have to go, I missed the time where I have to call my mom, she's probably furious by me," She said quickly.

"Oh," I said, a little disappointed.

"I'm sorry, I have to go, it's been nice being with you," Elisabeth said, then ran off.

I just kind of blinked, then wondered if she literally forgot to give my jacket back, or if she took it on purpose.

Glances at my watch, I saw the time and figured I might as well just go back to my dorm. There was nothing else to do, so I'd probably just go to sleep.

When I finally got back to my dorm, I changed from my suit to my boxers and a t-shirt, then carefully hung up my suit and hat...well, what I had of my suit. Pulling the number from the pant's pocket, I smoothed it out and pulled out my phone and texted Elisabeth.

To: Elisabeth
You have my jacket...looks like we'll have to meet again after all..

Closing my phone, plugged it into the charger, and shot my dads a quick "Too tired to call. Dance went well. Met a girl. Call you tomorrow.". I switched off the light and went to sleep.

Reviews: 3
Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:55 am
MyStoryline says...

*That's totally fine Dreamer*

Basil:

"No." She said over the music.

With a laugh, I took her hand and pulled her out of the room where it was quiet enough to hear each other speak.

"So how long have you been playing lacrosse?" Sam asked.

"Since I was 8." I replied.

"That's so cool! I've never been much of a sports person. I'm not exactly coordinated, as you probably found out from our dance."

We laughed, and then were silent for a moment, and we just stares into each other's eyes. We began to lean in closer. And closer. And closer. We were so close we were almost touching…

But then Sam pulled away. "I'm sorry." She said.

"Don't be." I said politely, unsure whether I was glad or disappointed she pulled back. "Let's go dance."

Smiling, we headed back to the dance floor

84 Reviews

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:03 am
fictionfanatic says...

Tracy Joan

Looking in my direction, he asked uncertainly, "You're not weirded out because I'm blind?"

Smiling, I answered, "No, not really. I mean, we're all at this school because we're 'different,' right? That means we should accept everyone, I think,"

"Touche," He said with a grin, "It's just that I'm not used to that reaction. Most people start treating my like I'm mentally infirm or something."

"Well, clearly you're not, so..." I shrugged, but then remembered he couldn't tell that.

"Right," He said with a laugh, "Don't let it get to me. Don't worry, I won't!"

The fast paced song then changed into a slow, and I saw that little strain in Nick's face leave.

Clearing his throat, Nick bowed and asked, "Miss Tracy Joan...May I have the honor of this dance?"

I couldn't surpress a laugh as I took his hand and said, "I would love to, Nick."

Wrapping my arms around Nick's neck, I noticed he was hesitant with where to put his hands, my guess was because he didn't know me or my height and didn't know where my hips were.

Taking his hands into mine, I placed them on my hips and said, putting my arms back around his neck, "I'm five feet and eleven inches tall, if that helps."
Live, Love, Laugh

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:52 pm
RedBird says...

Nick,

"I'm five feet and eleven inches tall, if that helps," Tracy Joan says, placing my hands on her hips and then wrapping her arms around my neck. I smile.

"Thanks. Normally I'd be able to tell, 'cause I can use sound to gauge your size, but with all this music..." I shrug, "It's hard to hear anything."

We sway to the music for a while, just relaxing in each other's company, but then the song changes, and I'm listening to a fast beat with heavy bass, which makes me wince involuntarily.

"Is it the music?" she asks, the concern evident in her voice. I sway and nod.

"Yeah, my hearing has gotten super sensitive since I can't see, so loud noise, especially bass, totally throws me off."

I can barely concentrate on where I am, but Tracy Joan grips my arm firmly and leads me to the side of the hall, away from the music. I can kind of concentrate now.

"Thanks," I say, smiling.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:43 pm
gleek456 says...

Elisabeth Canario

When I reached my dorm, I quickly pull out my cell phone and dialed my momther's number. After 3 rings, she picked up and started yelling through the phone.

"Elisabeth! Why haven't you called?! You are one hour late! I don't know what you've been up to, but you should call me even though you are busy!" she yelled. I put my hand over the speaker and take a deep breath. I hear the muffled voice of my mother yelling. I slowly put the phone to my ear.

"Mother, calm down. I was at the school dance," I informed her.

"Dance?! Were you with anybody?!" She asked, with a very loud voice. I think about Alaska, whom I purposely took his jacket.

"Um, yes, I was with a boy," I said.

"Boy?! Boys?! You know this will affect your dancing! I remember when I-" I cover the speaker to escape the "I remember when" stories that my mother tends to tell. When she was finished, I put the phone back to my ear.

"Mother, I'm sorry, but I need to sleep," I said. She took a deep breath.

"Fine, fine. Don't miss the call time tomorrow! Get some sleep," she said before hanging up. I sigh and put down my phone. It started to play the "Fur Elise" ringtone, indicating that I got a text.

To: Elisabeth Canario
You have my jacket...looks like we'll have to meet again after all..

Alaska... I knew instantly when I saw the words jacket and meet. I quickly took the cell phone number that was under the message and placed it in my contacts. I plugged it in with the charger, changed, washed my makeup off and put my hair into a ponytail, then went to sleep.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

84 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:22 am
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

Tracy Joan

"Thanks. Normally I'd be able to tell, 'cause I can use sound to gauge your size, but with all this music..." He shrugged, "It's hard to hear anything."

We swayed to the music for a while, just enjoying each others company. Then the song changed to something more upbeat, fast, and loud adn Nick winced.

"Is it the music?" I asked, a little concerned. He swayed a little and gave a nod.

"Yeah, my hearing has gotten super sensitive since I can't see, so loud noise, especially bass, totally throws me off."

Reaching out towards him, I took him by his arm and led him out into the hall, where it was quieter. His face softened.

"Thanks," He said with a smile.

"My pleasure." I responded.

I could faintly hear the music and asked, "Can you hear the music out here?"

He nodded, and I asked, "Would you like to dance?"
Live, Love, Laugh

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:53 am
wizkid515 says...

Alex:
I sighed as I pulled my car into the car park, it was dark already and I had missed Orientation. Great, Absolutely Wonderful, Spectacular in fact. I nabbed a trolley from someone who had left it and loaded the boxes and bags packed by my mother because apparently I would forget something and look like an idiot.
I wheeled the trolley up a path towards the boys dorm as I was directed by the map on my iPhone. Yes, my mother's small fortune earned by her lawyer job brought me all the computer gear I wanted.
The dorm was large with a hallway with numbered doors, I consulted the information pack constructed by mother and wheeled the squeaky trolley towards Room 8. The other bed had been made and someone's possesions where already unpacked. I knew that they would at the dance, I was secretly glad to have missed it.
The room was of reasonable size, two beds, dressers, desks and the one thing that interested me. The laptop. I quickly sent a text to my Mum then I began moving my bags and boxes to the bed and began the horror of unpacking my mother's survival kit...

Spoiler! :
I hope this isn't to bad. My first ever SB, so I'm looking forward to it. Hope that the late entrance was okay Pen.
Last edited by wizkid515 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Everybody wants to go to heaven; but nobody wants to die.

84 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:47 pm
fictionfanatic says...

if you need a roomie, I think Alaska still needs one
Live, Love, Laugh

37 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:59 pm
wizkid515 says...

Sound good. will add next post if all good with you alaska

Reviews: 2
Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:10 am
RainyDay says...

I'm down with that

37 Reviews

Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:27 am
wizkid515 says...

woh!! Nothing has happened in ages!!!!!!!

84 Reviews

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:22 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Its dead
Live, Love, Laugh

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:40 pm
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

I'm so sorry I haven't been able to post in such a long time!

Darn, this was a really good SB, too!
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.
— Corrie Ten Boom