z

Young Writers Society

Generation 700

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:49 pm
thestorygirl says...

I assume that since you're reading this that you are interested. Well, then here we go.

The year is 3000. Everything was alright, happy even, until a strange disease spread to everyone in the world except Generation 700. The disease could not affect them because every hundred generations a certain kind of radioactivity is passed into their genes that keeps them immune to almost any sickness. With the disease came bombs, they blew up all of the countries, except for North-Eastern America.

Then what was left of the world delved into chaos. It was like the dark ages all over again, and no one knew what had happened. That was one year ago. Now civilization is rebuilding, but mysterious things are happening. Strange beings have been reported, coming from forests. Odd beings with wings and eyes entirely black. They are known to be violent, and leave small oval footprints.

The government became wondering what they were, so they dispatched a teams of proxies; officers of the generation with extra or inhanced senses. Some of them even have odd abilities. There is 12 teams, and you are Team 6.

You are those proxies. The proxies stay in one group, and live in tents or trees, normally depending on their personality. There is one rule among the proxies. No romance (but forbidden romance is funner :D ).

So basically your mission is to find out what these creatures are. I will post some new information that can help you every time I feel we have progressed far enough, to keep the game moving.

Now it's rule time.

1.) YWS rules.
2.) Romance is okay, but please no sex scenes. Please, it's icky.
3.) Cussing is allowed, but please no f-bombs. I beg of you.
4.)Try to keep the gender ratio even. We don't want 2 girls and 17 boys.
5.) You are allowed two characters, but keep up with both of them, because if your character doesn't do anything for a while, you can take their character over and just post for them (as long as you tell me first.)
6.) No goddmodding.

Character profile!

Spoiler! :
Name- It can be anything from Margaret Myers to Ramirez Despionaige Gonzalez.
Age- 16- 22
Appearance- No one liners. Pictures help, too.
Personality- No one liners, again.
Other personalitiesIf they pretend to be something that they're not.
Brief History- No one liners
Talents- Their powers and senses
Flaws-
Up For Love?
Other-

Spoiler! :
Boy- Pundit
Girl- fictionfanatic
Girl- Undertaker
Girl- Iiscraftywriter ~ Power

Okay, and if your going to have a power then PM me it and I'll approve it or not. :smt003 See you!
Last edited by thestorygirl on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

Reviews: 0
Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:23 am
Undertaker says...

One girl spot reserved please. ^^
"Show me a "first rate laugh"."

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:28 am
Pundit says...

a guy
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:47 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Spot for a girl and a guy please
Live, Love, Laugh

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:34 pm
Sunshine says...

Spot reserved for female with power. (Pm to come later, no worries.)
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

84 Reviews

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:58 pm
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

This is a charrie I made for a story I'm writing, but I thought she'd fit nicely here.
Name - Scarlet McPhail

Age - 16, nearly 17, but appears older

Appearance - Scarlet's once brunette hair has now been dyed brilliant red. Her hair is naturally wavy and goes down just passed her shoulder blades. Her skin is rather pale, but in a good way. She stands at exactly 6 foot 2 inches, is average weight, but appears thinner due to her height. Scarlet always has on red lipstick, she's never seen without it, and won't wear anything that doesn't match her lipstick and her hair. She has pretty straight, white teeth and her eyes are emerald green.
Spoiler! :

Personality - Scarlet is a pretty relaxed, take-it-easy kind of girl. She can come off as a nerd, because she talks about superheroes, comics, and star wars half the time, but she's a cool nerd. She's extremely outgoing, but knows how to tone it down and just chillax. She's not afraid to speak her mind, loves to get into fights, and likes to be with people. Sometimes she may just sit/stand there and just watch everyone/everything, but she does it so she can learn. Scarlet is also a very curious person who will do practically anything to find out about whatever it is she's interested in at the moment, whether it be a person, animal, tree, safe, dangerous, etc. Scarlet is very energetic, talks with a lot of energy and passion, and sometimes talks to fast for people to understand her, unless they've known her for a while.

Other personalities - I'm a tad confused about what you mean for this one, so I'm just going to put down the things that you usually put for other personalities:
Likes - Comics, superheroes, star wars, Blue, learning, being different, the color red, her name, watching, fighting, being around people
Dislikes - Being alone too long, being in one place too long, people with fast-paced lives, being made fun off

Brief History - Scarlet grew up with her mother, father, and her twin brother, Blue. She lived a pretty happy life, in fact, she adored everything about it. She had a great family and great friends who were okay with her wacky personality and nerdy likes, she wasn't rich but she wasn't poor, she had a loving mother and father, she was accepted for her differences, and her and Blue get along very well - in fact, they're best friends.

Talents - Enhanced eye site and my her power is the power of knowledge - meaning she remembers everything she's heard/seen/read/been told. She remembers practically everything, whether it be important, stupid, pointless, or vital, she just remembers it all

Flaws - Her bright hair can be easily spotted, she's really loud, she's really curious, and she never backs down from a fight

Up For Love? - Sure, why not

Other - She's bi.
She sleeps in the trees, one because it makes her feel like a superhero or something, and because her brother does.

This is her twin, Blue, also from my story, and also used in another storybook (but in that SB, he's a s lot different from this one, the real Blue I made)
Name - Blue McPhail

Age - 16, almost 17, but again, looks older

Appearance - Blue as a natural mix of blonde adn brunette hair. His hair is cut a little shorter around his ears, but are a little longer in the front and the back. Blue has earthy, emerald green eyes, a fair skintone, and he has gadges. He stands at 6 foot 1 inches, like his sister, and is average weight but, again, appears a little thinner due to his height. He has a tatoo of a dragon breathing fire on his right arm. Blue doesn't really ever smile, though he really is a happy guy.
Spoiler! :

Personality - Blue never really smiles and he has a tendancy to speak in a monotone voice. But there are a few people that, when they get close enough, he'll start to show some emotion to. Blue has a large heart, but is also afraid to let too many people in. When you get to know him, he's a really funny, happy guy who loves to have fun. Sometimes, if he's with his sister, you may see that part of him, but only if she or someone else he's close to is around. But if not, he closes back up. Blue is very passionate about music and when he sings/plays his guitar, no matter who is or isnt around, he is very passionate and puts his heart and soul into it. In fact, when he plays/sings, he kind of goes into this trance that just blocks everything out.

Other personalities - Again, confused, so I'll just do the same thing:
Likes - Being around new people, music, Scarlet, being able to open up, being able to trust, singing, playing his guitar
Dislikes - Being around new people, being quiet too long (when he feels like it's too quiet, he'll get out his guitar and play and sing), being forced to talk to new people

Brief History - Blue grew up with his mother, father, and his twin sister, Scarlet. He lived a pretty happy life, in fact, he adored everything about it. He had a great family and great friends who were okay with his uncomfort with new people and his not wanting to talk to new people, he wasn't rich but he wasn't poor, he had a loving mother and father, and him and Scarlet get along very well - in fact, they're best friends. His parents let him get the tatoo for his birthday last year. Weird, I know, but they felt it was okay to do because it was his way of expression himself, which he does so rarely.

Talents - Enhances hearing, and he has the power to read peoples emotions, and he's a great singer and guitar player

Flaws - Has a lot of trouble trusting

Up For Love? - Sure

Other - His guitar...
Spoiler! :
Pretty simple, just the way he likes itImage

Also, he sleeps in the trees because he feels like if he's on the ground, he will be more easily attacked. That, and his sister enjoys it because it makes her feel like a superhero or something. Haha
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:39 pm
Undertaker says...

Name- Hayden Valentine

Age- 17

Appearance- Hayden hair is midnight black and she usually wears it in a loose side braid to keep it out of her face. She eyes are a amber color and she skin is a little tan. She stands at 5'10 and is very fit.
Spoiler! :

Personality-Hayden is someone who genuinely cares about other people. She will help someone out when they need it and she will listen to what people have to say. If you tell her something, you can guarantee that she will not tell another soul. She does not talk about things to other people, because she thinks that they do not want to hear about it. She is very motherly and will take care of other before she takes care of herself. She likes to fight, the only thing is that when she does her personality completely changes. She tends to be very cold, ruthless and sly when she fights.

Other personalities:
Likes: Drawing, Nature, Reading, Listening to people, Thunder Storms, Night and fighting
Dislikes: Telling people things, Nosy people, fish, sleeping on ground (rather sleep somewhere high)

Brief History- Hayden grew up with her mother and father in a small town. She was well liked by lot of the people and everyone knew who she was. People in her town would come to her to talk about anything and everything that they felt like and she took it all in. Her life was happy and full of warmth.She had a close group of friends that listened to her when she ranted (which was rarely) and take care of her.

Talents- hypertensive hearing and electricity

Flaws- Her emotions will build up sometimes and when that happens she'll wonder off go rant to the forest. She never goes too far though. And

Up For Love? Sure thing.

Other- Nope.
Last edited by Undertaker on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

84 Reviews

Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:16 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Um, undertaker, you do realize that there's no such thing as 5'12, because there are 12 inches in a foot, so it's six feet, not 5'12. Just thought I'd let you know.

Also, you said she likes,
sleeping one ground (rather sleep somewhere high)

And then you said in the other,
She would rather sleep in trees so that way she can keep watch

You should probably choose one.

And I'm kinda feeling like what I'm saying could be taken as harsh, but it's really not meant that way, I'm just trying to help.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:27 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I edited my charrie's profiles. Just added some stuff to their both of their other and added a pic. for Blue
Live, Love, Laugh

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:17 pm
sylverdawn says...

*I'd like to reserve a spot for a guy with power. I'll PM later right now I can't really type.*
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:19 am
Undertaker says...

It's okay. ^^ I was kind of in a hurry to finish it before work...so yeah.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:39 pm
Noelle says...

Name: George Medlock

Appearance: He's sort of tall, about average height. He has green eyes and dark brown hair that reaches his shoulders. He wears his hair in a ponytail most of the time.

Personality: He's a shy guy, only talking when he has to. If he feels really comfortable with a person then he'll talk to them. He's determined and never gives up.

Other personalities: He pretends to be scared and jumpy, but he's really a born leader. He doesn't like being the center of attention so he tries to stay out of the middle of everything. He doesn't sleep with the rest, he sort of shrinks off to the side. His tent is usually about 30 feet away from the closest tent. Even though he may seem lame, he really gets into what he's doing.

Brief History: George hates his home. His parents are over protective and his little sister is annoying. He would spend many nights out in the forest, a flashlight in hand, sketching an ideal world for himself to live in. Some nights he accidently came across a monster or two and ran away as fast as he could. He has wanted to get away since he turned 18, but he had no where to go. Now that he has joined the proxies he has a way to get away.

Talents: He has enhanced hearing and night vision. He's also really good at building things. And he also is a born leader, but he doesn't lead very often.

Flaws: His judgment is sometimes clouded when he gets in the moment, and he usually ends up getting in over his head.

Up For Love?: yup

Other: He's excited to get away from his family and go on an adventure.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

Reviews: 3
Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:03 pm
ANate13 says...

Name: Allan Roshae

Appearence:
He's six feet four inches tall exactly, and has brown hair with natural highlights. It's loose, and he has a single, thin braid going down his face near his ear (think Star Wars). He wears glasses, and mostly wears business clothing (i.e. button up shirt, tie, black pants) unless he's out in the field. He's got a very rigid stance. His eyes are a steel blue, and people are reminded of a thunderstorm when they look into his eyes. He's not extremely muscular, but he's strong and can hold his own. He always wears a cutlass on his belt, something most find to be a curiosity.

Personality: He's very stubborn and set in his ways, especially when it comes to rules. He's strong but silent (usually). He is a rigid follower of the rules. That is, if he agrees with them. If he disagrees with a rule, he just throws it out the window without a pause. It has sometimes gotten him into trouble, but it's not usually a problem. He judges rules based on a moral code he seems to have put together as a child. He's always been a bit of the tall, mystery man. To most, he has no past. He came to a military acadamy at the age of 18 with no past behind him, carrying a sword. He was taken in, and has always followed rules and enforced them strictly. He's really just a nice guy with a strict code. If you learn to live with him, you'll most likely become friends.

Breif Histroy: As far as most people know, his history started when he showed up at a military acadamy at the age of 18 carrying a sword. This oddity was what caused him to be accepted into the academy for free-- the headmaster thought it'd be interesting to see how this strange man got by.
What most people don't know is his deeper past. He was raised on the edge of a forest, in a small town that was plauged by animals. The town had popped up quickly when people had found a mine with diamonds in it, but the mine gave very little income. It became a farm town. Allan's father was the head of a small militia that protected people and their fields from some of the larger animals. Guns weren't easy to get, so people got together metals, and soon, the small force was armed with swords. Allan's mother and father both had strict moral codes, that they drilled into their son. Allan took to their strict values like a duck to water. Rather than stifling him, his strict morals define him. He rarely speaks of his "country" past. Perhaps the most well-known incident of the time he was at the military acadamy was the time that the scholls staff tried to pry out his past. As they got closer, he would telekinetically lift them up and set them down farther away, without saying a word. It went on for a whole week.

Talents: He's telekinetic. His enhanced sense is touch.

Flaws: Sometimes, he absolutly refuses to compromise, even when it's the best choice. Also, if he gets a bad habit, it tends to stay for a LONG time. He's good at hiding when he's still, but when he's moving, he's an absolute klutz when it comes to stealth.

Up for Love: Sure. Just PM me if you want your character to start a relation with him.

Other: He's also bi. He dislikes wide open spaces.

He sleeps in a tent, because he feels more secure.
Last edited by ANate13 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bard Chronicles: http://youngwriterssociety.com/novel.php?id=1134

Master of Words: novel.php?id=1039

If you review those two, send me a PM containing a link to something you'd like reviewed.

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:53 am
megsug says...

Name- Troy Horn

Age- 22

Appearance- Troy has dark, tan skin and brown curly hair that is a just a little too long. He's got brown eyes and a muscular physique that mimics that of a wild cat. He needs glasses when he's trying to read or look at something close though he tries to keep that a secret.
Spoiler! :

Personality- Troy is dark and silent. He seems brooding and overly serious at times and isn't very welcoming towards interaction with people. He's hard to approach.
He's sensible and takes the quickest route. He's efficient.
If need be, he'll be a rock, support, for the group or for a person, but he'd rather be left alone.
He doesn't get into arguements because he'll go his own way if you don't agree. He doesn't need anyone's permission. He's also very cool headed. If you get a quick, angry reaction, you've hit a nerve and should back off.

Other personalities- If you pay attention, he's normally around a group of people. He actually needs human interaction despite his stand off-ish attitude.

Brief History- Troy is the child of a scumbag and a needy risk taker. His father flew the coop when he found out his mother was pregnant and has never seen Troy. Troy doesn't want to see him. His mother was a wild child until she came into motherhood which brought out the best in her. Sadly, her wild past caught up with her when Troy was fifteen, and she grew sick. Troy took care of her until her death when he was seventeen. He bounced around to different fosterhomes for six months until he was eighteen, and immeadiately joined the Proxies.

Talents- Troy has a small healing power. His mother probably lived as long as she did because he cared for her. He can't bring someone back from the dead or even from the brink of death, but a cut is healed in a matter of minutes, and some sicknesses can be cured. Because of his talent, he has a vast knowledge of healing herbs and medicine.

Flaws- He's antisocial and not a good team player. He also has an irrational fear of snakes that edges on extreme. He's far-sighted.

Up For Love- Yeah

Other- He sleeps on the ground, especially in vine-y areas.
Ignore the guy, these are his glasses.
Spoiler! :
Test

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:58 pm
untameabletiger says...

unnderconstruciton
Name- Leann Forth

Age- 16

Appearance-.
Spoiler! :
ImageLeann stands at about 5'3" with brown hair that flows down to her middle back. She has Yellow-blue eyes that are framed with long eyelashes. All around, she looks soft.

Personality- Leann has always bee intrigued with birds, angels, anything with wings really. She loves the feeling of flying so she sometimes will swing around on random things, or jump from high places. Though she is daring and an adrenaline seeker, she never stops searching for protection. She knows who she is and isn't afraid to be herself. She hates when people try to push her around. She's really quiet because she doesn't want to seem like a know-it-all. Many people judge her to be stuck up because of the way she carries herself, confident. She may be small, but if you underestimate her, you will quickly learn your lesson. When spoken to, Leann often answers awkwardly, she has a hard time getting her point across during most occasions.

Brief History- Leann always lived a rather wealthy life all over the world. She went to the top schools, ate in the most prestigious restaurants until she turned twelve and moved to a lower class neighborhood in a completely different atmosphere. Unlike most, Leann liked the move, in the new place no one expected her to be perfect. Leann always faded towards the back of her ten brothers and sisters and lived in the shadow of her two missionary parents. Not wanting to let down her family's reputation, she kept in all of her problems and learned to disguise her feelings. Drawing. Leann drew out all of her feelings like most would write in a journal. When the apocalypse killed her family, she was with the second youngest, her brother named Brian. She watched helplessly as he burned, water failing to put him out.

Talents- She has a way with words that usually get her whatever she wants. Leann is flexible, she can fit into very small places and manipulate her body easily. She is VERY book smart so she can hack most systems without breaking a sweat.

Flaws- Leann isn't very street smart , and she is extremely clumsy and afraid of fire.

Up For Love?yeah

Other- Her favorite things to draw are people and sceneries. She sleeps in the highest points of the trees.
Last edited by untameabletiger on Sun May 01, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.

rule #1 of being a potato: potatoes gotta defend their friends from negative self-talk
— Spearmint