z

Young Writers Society

The Reformat (started, accepting)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:21 am
Camulaeus says...

Plot: It's been 8 years since the Reformat. The face of what was once known as the Earth has been changed irreversibly. The military organization that call themselves the "Reformers" rule the survivor's with an iron fist; making harsh laws and abducting children for "research". The real reason for the abductions is that the children are gifted with strange and wonderful powers that the Reformer's see as a threat. The children are divided into groups according to their powers:

Casters: Kids who have been born with telekinesis; as well as the ability to restore dying animals and plants to life.

Summoners: Kids who are able to conjure mythical creatures to serve them; as well as the ability to talk to the dead.

Shifters: Kids who can manipulate their physical form in order to walk through walls and teleport short distances.

You are one of these gifted kids; trapped in the Zone where the Reformer's test their mutated monster's on the kids. You and your friend must break out of the Zone, and lead a rebellion against the Reformer's to find out the truth of the Reformat.

Basic rules:
No God-modding
No Mary-sues
No Killing off character's without permission
No sex scenes

Profile Layout:

Name:

Appearnce:

Caster/Shifter/Summoner:

HIstory:

Personality:

Other:
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

5 Reviews

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:22 am
Camulaeus says...

Name: Natalie

Appearance: Tall, muscular with an extreme tan for some reason. Long blonde curls adorn her strong protruding face, and her eyes are a piercing gray.

Caster/Shifter/Summoner: Shifter

HIstory: Natalie doesn't remember much about before the Reformat. Her most recent memories are usually of the Zone, since she has been there since she was 7. Her parent's are nothing but a comforting smell of perfume which she assumes is her mom, and the rough stubble of her Dad's cheek. She's been training her Shifting abilities to the limit; and is perhaps one of the most talented in the Zone.

Personality: Natalie is very focused on her Shifting, practicing even in her free time. She is hard on the exterior; putting up an image of a ruthless punk, though on the inside is very soft. She sometime's sings when she's alone, though if you told anyone that she'd promise to Shift inside you and rip you apart from the inside. She is very rebellious, and is gripped with a conviction to one day bring down the Reformers.

Other: Natalie has a passion for vehicles, and is always fiddling with the scraps she gets from "testing" the Reformer's weapons. She once made a self-powered race car that she received a savage beating for, but kept anyways.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:39 am
SisterItaly says...

*will finish*
Name: Lily Campeau

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Caster/Shifter/Summoner: Shifter

History:

Personality:

Other:
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:23 am
ScarlettFire says...

Hey there, may I join? If so, I'm in with a Caster.

Edit; Profile.

Name: Alessa Young.

Appearnce:
Spoiler! :

Caster/Shifter/Summoner: Caster.

HIstory:

Personality:

Other:
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:31 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

I'll repost my profile.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:31 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

(Hey Cam, are we starting over since new people joined?)

Name: Eli James

Appearance:

Spoiler! :
DUDE!.png
DUDE!.png (152.94 KiB) Viewed 268 times

Summoner

HIstory: Living in the zone for the past eight years, Eli has forgotten what it's like on the outside. Since he was told he was a summoner he has been able to create many creatures. Sometimes he has managed to communicate with the dead. He wants to escape and he has been planning for years. Only recently did he let the others in on this.

Personality: He acts nice and cheery to the guards on the outside, but on the inside he hates them with all his heart. So much that if he has to on the escape he will kill one. He is nice to his friends and would do anything to save his family.

Other: Is a great thief/pick-pocket and steals from the guards all the time.
Last edited by DaSpetsnaz on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:11 pm
Synnoev says...

Name: Jonathon

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Caster/Shifter/Summoner:
Caster

History: Jonathon only has distant memories of the Reformat, having lived in the Zone for the past 8 years. He lived in fear for the last five years, hiding from the Reformers with his parents and ten-year-old sister Emily, a shifter, until both he and Emily were kidnapped two months ago. Now he's searching for a way to escape and rescue his sister, and won't stop until he knows she's out of there.

Personality: Jonathon might appear calm and easy-going on the outside, but his resolve is something that's hard to break. Once set on a goal, he will stop at nothing until it's achieved, using any situation he can to his advantage. Whilst not naturally rebellious, he is fiercely protective of his younger sister and would happily break rules if it meant her safety.

Other:
Up for love

5 Reviews

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:38 pm
Camulaeus says...

Phew, ok, so i'm gonna repost everything from the DTWH onto here, and on our escape route we can find Scarlettfire's Caster and Puzzler's Lily,

Natalie, Wednesday afternoon

The Reformer's will tell you that the Drones were made to protect you, to serve you and to be your friends. These are lies. They will tell you that your children will be safe, cared for and nurtured by loving staff in the Zone. More lies. They will tell you that the Reformat was a cleansing act, meant to purify the world of all evil and corruption. Now, there's no way to prove them wrong, but judging by their track record it most likely is. Everything you know is an Illusion, the so called "peace" is nothing but smoke and mirrors. The truth is sick and twisted, just like the hearts and minds of the murderous beasts known as the Reformers. So brace yourself, because everything you know is about to be turned upside down.

My name is Natalie, and that's all you need to know. I've been trapped here in the Zone for as long as I can remember; an ordeal you wouldn't wish upon your worst enemy. For eight years now I've been surviving here on my own, in the giant junk yard where the sky is just a steel dome and the only voice besides your own is the monotonic drawl of the Judge, who announces the waves of Drones and the positions of food resources to those skilled enough to survive. Their are others too, though it's dangerous to talk, for then the Behavior Reformer's will beat you until your very soul is bruised. I try to avoid them.

You're probably wondering how a teenage girl has been able to survive this long, and your'e right to do so. A normal teen couldnt, but as you've probably already guessed, I'm not normal at all. None of us here in the zone are. We're special, and that's why the Reformer's are afraid of us. That's why they keep us locked up and kill us off day by day. We have the power to fight them, just, not by ourselves. Despite having the ability to teleport, I'm no match for the Reformers on my own. I can't even escape a giant bowl! But there are others who are almost as good as me, I've been noticing them. There's a Summoner, his name is Eli. He's older than me, but I think we'd get along fine, and there's a Caster, named Jonathan. He saved my life once, and I want to have the chance to thank him for it. There's also a little girl that I've seen around, normally on the back of a dragon, I don't know much about her, except that she obviously hates me.

The only problem is that it's impossible to Communicate with one another, and until I find a loophole I'm going to be all alone out here. My main focus now is surviving, seeing as I am pinned up against a rock, fighting off a Drone that looks like one of those old-timey scuba divers; that is if scuba divers had heavy duty machine guns protruding from their shoulders.

I roll out of the way of fire, the boulder behind me shattered by the on pour. I Shift ahead a few yards, gaining a second to catch my breath before I resume running. I know your wondering why I don't just Shift miles away, and the answer is I could if I concentrated for about and hour and had a good night's sleep the night before. I duck behind some scrap metal: the hull of some Drone that was destroyed years ago. Noise and light overwhelm my senses, the scrap metal behind me is breaking down, I can't concentrate enough to Shift, I can't even stumble my way to another safe point.

Then all of a sudden the noises stopped. I dared a peek over the twisted hull, and saw the Drone crushed on the ground, pinned down by a giant rock. I stand up and swallow, and turn to face a figure who was walking my way.

Could be anyone!

5 Reviews

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:41 pm
Camulaeus says...

Eli, Wednesday Afternoon

The guard had fallen asleep in his chair. What a loser. I think to myself, grinning. Later he would "Be relieved" of his duties. We all knew what that meant. Time to look around. I think. I summon a small goblin outside the bars.I point to the keys and he gets them. He brings them to me and I unlock the cell. Crap, the cameras. I think to myself. Oh well. As I walk down the hall I flip off one of the many security cameras. I walk down the hall and hear gunfire coming through one of the side-rooms. I look through the window and see my friend Natalie trying to fight a "friendly" drone. Yeah, they're not so friendly when they're trying to end your life. I quietly open the door and think how I can stop it. My favorite part about being a summoner is I can summon anything I think of, as long as it's alive. Trying something new, I position it right above the drone. Then I summon it. I giant rock with a face. I smile as it crushes the drone. I hear a faint "Ow." from the rock but it doesn't matter. Natalie comes out from her hiding place and I approach her.

"Hey, shouldn't you be in your cell?" Natalie calls.

"I think the words you're looking for are thank you, and yes, I should." I make the rock disappear and all that left of the drone is crushed metal. "Well, I gotta run, I'm trying not to get caught." I turn to leave and Natalie says,

"Thanks." I smile and walk through the door. I make it almost down the hall when the alarm goes off and there are men on both sides of me. So close. I think to myself as the first punch from the guards knock me out.

17 Reviews

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:48 pm
Synnoev says...

Didn't Milk have a post on the old one too? I know she hasn't posted her profile but she might still want to join in :smt003

5 Reviews

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:59 pm
Camulaeus says...

Your right Syn, I'll post if for her anyways

Maxim

I was sulking in my prison cell when BANG! Gunshots fired through the building, shaking most of the convicts from their sleep. I peered through the bards as a guard punched one of the escapees, knocking him cold. I chuckled- he was such a limp noodle. One hit and he's out? Really, that's just terrible.

"Someone, help!" The other escapee shrieked. It was a girl- a helpless, ugly girl.

Allow me to be of assistance, one of my 'pets' asked. I waved my hand- I didn't really care. The spirit dragon charged through two of the guards, his raw power making them fall over, paralyzed. The dragon charged through both of the guards closing in on the child, and they fell over.

I whistled gently once all of the guards were down, making the dragon return. No doubt more guards would be here soon. But if they were up for escape... I'd enroll. The dragon soared into my body, as I retaliated. It didn't do me any harm, though.

"Hey, you. Yea, you. Bring me the keys." I ordered from the goblin. He waddled over, his bony, green-white shaking hands giving me the ring of decrepit keys. I fit one into the lock and thanked the goblin.

"Who are you? I've never seen you before." The girl asked.

"And if you're lucky, you won't see me much." I snarled. The dragon- my favorite and most powerful minion, who I'd named Reggie- soared through the cameras, and they faded to nothingness as he touched them.

"Get the kid." I ordered.

"Wait, I want to come, too!" Another voice chimed. I turned to see a kid, around 16, at the bars of his cell. I flicked my hands as the dragon slid right through the bars, the lock falling. The kid exited. "I'm Jonathon."

"Oh, good for you." I hissed as the girl hefted the kid over her shoulder. She seemed stronger than she looked.

"What?' The conscienceless kid asked as he stirred.

"Let's get out of here. We don't have much time until guards get back."

Only one through ran through my mind, right now- help these guys until we get out, and ditch them. Maybe the guards will be happy enough with capturing them, and they won't chase me.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:28 pm
Skorpionne says...

Join?
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

17 Reviews

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:34 pm
Synnoev says...

Jonathon

As I left the cell, I hesitated, looking back. Emily. I couldn't leave without her, not knowing that this was probably my only chance to ever reach her, my only chance out here with no guards to hunt me down. Yet.

"Wait," I called out to the others. "There's someone else we need to get."

The smaller girl scowled, her features twisting up in frustration. "There's no time. We need to go, now."

I looked back again, torn between whether to stay and find my sister by myself or go with them in the hopes of returning at a later date. "My sister. I need to find her-" I pleaded, hoping that at least one of them would stay with me to find her. My eyes met the older girl, who looked away, gaze flickering down to the floor.

The younger one glared darkly. "We're leaving. Now. No going back for more, we're too many as it is!" She gestured to the older girl. "You can stay if you want, but we're leaving. Come on."

The girl paused, looking back up at me and shifting the boy on her shoulders slightly. Her brow furrowed.

"Please." I asked, staring back at her intently. "I need to find her."

(If this is too short please tell me)

5 Reviews

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:12 pm
Camulaeus says...

Don't worry Syn, I'm almost as new as you are and the first thing i learned is that SB posts can be any length

I shifted an unconscious Eli over my shoulders, my knees almost buckling under his weight. His foot pressed against the gun tucked in my back pocket. I had "relieved" the guard of it as I stepped over him.

"We're leaving. Now. No going back for more, we're too many as it is!" She turned to me. "You can stay if you want, but we're leaving. Come on." the other girl said. She couldn't of been more than twelve but that dragon of hers had made the guards look like nothing. Then again the were only First Levels.

Jonathan looked at me. "Please." he asked, staring at me with those angel blue eyes . "I need to find her." I'd never really had any experience of family; my parents were literally just a smell and and texture. I sighed.

"You have literally less than a minute, we have to go" Jonathan was sprinting before I had finished speaking. The other girl rolled her eyes and poked her head around the corner of the white platinum walls.
I hope Jon's sister shows up quicklyI thought to myself as the girl shot me one last glare and took off around the corner

17 Reviews

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:28 pm
Synnoev says...

Oh, okay! Thanks :)

Jonathon

Thank God. I thought to myself as I set off, the girl's footsteps echoing behind me. She looked familiar, I realised suddenly, and glanced back at her. Could it be....?

"You're a ... a Shifter, right?" I asked uncertainly, still keeping my pace. She nodded, speeding up to reach my side. "Right. Emily... my sister... she's one too. So maybe you were in the same place? She's about ten. Tiny, blond hair, do you think you know her?"

She looked baffled for a moment, eyebrows raised as if to ask me just how helpful I actually thought that description was. I grimaced, realising there was probably more than one small blond kid in here, but left it as her forehead wrinkled in thought. "With your eyes?" she asked, and I paused, before nodding.

"Yes, I guess so."

"This way. I have an inkling, but if it's not her, we have to go. Okay?"

I gritted my teeth in frustration, but nodded anyway. "Fine."

She veered off to the left and I followed, glancing both ways to check for guards, but the coast seemed to be clear.

I know where the wall goes.
— Creed, the Office