z

Young Writers Society

Claim a Character (Quickly) and Get Going!

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:18 pm
View Likes
emmaline49 says...

*That's great!*

Luke stumped back inside the house, spotting his brother coming out of the kitchen. "How's Ava?"
"She says the other guy was worse," said Steven.
"Of course he was," sighed Luke. "It's Ava after all."
"You sound depressed," Steven said. "What's your problem?"
"Just the usual shit," said Luke. "I'm so sick of being messed with just because I'm gay."
"I guess that's how Ava feels," said Steven.
"I guess," replied Luke. "But guys are meaner to gay guys than lesbians."
"You sure?" Steven frowned.
"She ever been stripped, beaten, and shoved inside a locker?"
"No." Steven looked away.
"Then she can't talk," snapped Luke.
"You wanna bet?" Ava said, stepping into the room.
In the midst of winter/I found there lay within me/an eternal summer

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:56 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Ava:

"Wanna bet?" I said angrily as I entered the room.

How dare he say I didn't have it as bad as he did!

"It's not any easier being in my shoes than yours Luke. And guys in my grade are so immature about it it's not even funny. Not to mention that everyone knows who you are, so I get picked on for that too."

I felt my anger rising, about to spill over, but I would never hit Luke...most of the time.

"Luke, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from commenting on how hard my life is or isn't. You don't know half of the stuff that goes on, no one does and no one ever will except me. Now I'm going upstairs."

And I did just so
Live, Love, Laugh

17 Reviews

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:12 pm
emmaline49 says...

Luke:

"It isn't my fault!" I yelled up the stairs after her. I rolled my eyes. "God."

"Dude, maybe you should just be nicer," suggested Steven helpfully.

"If you don't shut up, I'm going to beat the shit outta you," I snarled, whirling and stomping off after Ava. I wasn't about to give her the last word.

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:10 pm
BondGirl007 says...

-Steven-

Ha, beat the shit out of me, I'd like to see him try. I might be skinny but I've had my share of brawls with the racist hicks around town. I wasn't quiet as stupid to do it on school property, but man I've kicked some ass quite a number of times. Geez if Luke had told me about the assholes at school I would have called them out in school, I would have taken all of them, even without my Doc Martens.

Buuuut noooo. No one ever tells anyone else anything in this damned family. To be fair I don't really like to tell people much, but that's because I can handle most of my own crap.

Obviously some people in this family needed to stop holding stuff in and exploding on other people.

Whatever, if they want to be assholes, let them. I have homework to not do.
"I'd rather be hated for being who I am, then loved for who I'm not."

17 Reviews

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:21 pm
emmaline49 says...

Luke:

I stomped upstairs and slammed my palm against Ava's door. 'Open up! Open up, you little jerk! I'm not finished!'

84 Reviews

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:37 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Ava:

Jerk? Jerk!? How dare he come to my room, bang his hands on my door, and call me a jerk!

Seething with anger, I flipped the lock open, tore the door from it's place and tackled him to the ground, pinning him down my his shoulders, one knee pressing into his gut and the other on his chest. Weird position, but effective.

"How dare you!" I yelled in his face.

"How dare you, my big brother, insult me like that!" I felt tears, despite my efforts, start to spill down my face.

Shaking Luke a little I screamed, "You haven't the slightest clue what it's like to be a girl in my position! It's tougher for girls than it is for guys Luke, it is! Guys are disgusting pigs and judge you, they aren't afraid to make comments about you getting with another girl! They don't care about you! Everyone is afraid to even brush by me in the hallway. It's so hard for me Luke. How dare you judge me just like the rest of them! How dare you!" As I shook Luke, tears bliding my sight, my nails dug into him.

"Ava!" Steven yelled when he came up the stairs.

He ran towards me and his arms wrapped around me, prying me off of Luke.

Kicking, I screamed "Let go of me Steven! Let go! Stop siding with him, you always do this!"

"I'm not siding with him" he grunted as I kicked him, trying to keep his grip and keep me from Luke "I'm saving him from an early death"
Live, Love, Laugh

17 Reviews

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:56 pm
emmaline49 says...

Luke:

I sprung up, furious. "You think you're so smart, Ava, but you have no idea! Have YOU ever been beat up, and shoved in a damn locker? I know it's hard for you, and I'm sorry about that, but it only gets worse!" Tears stung my eyes. "I only want you to be prepared."

Steven glared at me. "You're an idiot."

"You shut up, you have no idea what it's like for us," growled Luke, stepping dangerously close to his younger brother.

84 Reviews

Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:54 pm
fictionfanatic says...

va:

As luke got closer to Steven, I stepped between them and pushed Luke back by his chest and yelled, "Stay away from him Lucas! This is between you and me, don't you lay a finger on him!"

"I'll do what I want!" Luke yelled back.

Grabbing him roughly by his shirt, I slammed Luke against the wall.

As Luke pushed me off of him and across the hall, sending my petite body flying into the wall, hitting my head against the picture frame hanging.

Before I was able to jump at him again, Dad stood between us, "Whoa whoa whoa, hold up. You two need to stop fighting. This is not neccesary! You guys are family. You should be helping build each other up, not breaking each other down."

Touching the spot where I hit my head, I flinched a bit. There was no blood, but it hurt like hell.

"Technically, I had to fight Luke in order to help Steven." I said, glaring at them all.

Dad sighed and muttered something I couldn't really catch.

Rolling my eyes, I turned and said "Whatever, I have homework I have to do."
Live, Love, Laugh

17 Reviews

Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:01 pm
emmaline49 says...

Luke:
"Screw this," I muttered, running out of the house. I pulled my cellphone out of my pocket and dialed my boyfriend, Ed. "Hey, can you pick me up? Family trouble."

Reviews: 3
Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:08 pm
MyStoryline says...

Julia:

Mom and Dad finally went upstairs once they heard someone get slammed up against the wall and then another person get slammed into the wall.

After Ava said she had homework, Luke came down the stairs, went out the door, and slammed it shut.

Tired of the fighting, I sighed and followed Luke out the house.

Sitting on the step next to Luke, I said quietly and completely seriously, trying to get him to laugh, or at least smile "So, how many licks does it take to get to the center of the tootsie pop?"

17 Reviews

Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:14 pm
emmaline49 says...

Luke:
"I just called Ed to pick me up. I don't want to stick around, Jules. I know everyone's mad at me right now," I said, and sighed, leaning forward and resting my elbows on my knees.

Reviews: 3
Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:06 pm
MyStoryline says...

Julia:

Leaning over towards Luke, I wrapped my arms around him and said, "I love you Luke."

"Love you too Jules." Luke responded.

Just then, Ed pulled up infront of the house.

Giving Luke a quick kiss on the cheek, I said, "Just don't do anything dumb Luke, okay? I prefer my brother in one piece and alive."

With that, I gave Ed a quick wave and a smile and then I went back inside.

17 Reviews

Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:11 pm
emmaline49 says...

Luke: I watched my sister leave with a smile. She was someone I could always depend on, no matter what.
I looked at my boyfriend and wondered if I could depend on him too. He grinned at me and held out a hand. I decided I could.

“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables