z

Young Writers Society

Camp Half-Blood *Join!*

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:53 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Mica

I smiled in a wicked way and decide that the best way to speak with father was to go to him, but that would wear me out after all - shadow travel was a difficult thing to do.

I lean my head back for a moment before deciding that maybe I'd been too rash but as soon as the thought was there it vanished as a blaze of green flame appears before me, and from it appears my father.

Hades.

The man is wearing a cloak the color of the darkest night, it writhed as the souls that were trapped inside screamed and begged mercy from the man who reigned over them all.

His face was rugged and scar-bearing, his eyes were the greenest of green and he looked at me with a smirk on his lips. "Mica, my daughter." he crooned, and I spat at him.

He shook his head disaprovingly, but I didn't let him speak. "You speak to your other daughter so often, Hades!" I told him in a bitter voice, "Why have you not come to share any words with me? You know I'm the strongest of the Hades cabin!"

He smiled at me sincerely, if Hades - god of the dead - could be sincere. "You don't need my help, Mica."

"Of course I do! People think I'm crazy, I've not gone on a quest since the time Jenkinson died!" I used the last name of my good friend, there was no need to say his first - he was at rest now. I knew it.

"Oh, you mean the boy you wanted me to sent to Elysium?" he asked with a look of innocence.

"Yes.." I grow suspicious, he wouldn't have dared.

"Oh, he's still in line my dear child!" he crowed, "The boy's moved about three inches in the line since five years ago." his contempt made me snap.

My father was fully ethereal here, and I lunged, placing the tip of my sword underneath his chin, I had him and he knew it.

"Watch it father." I growl quietly, "You'd better have him on his way to Elysium or I'll come to the Underworld and tear you from your throne - then you can join your father in Tartarus!" my voice is like eating flames.

My father draws the sword away, and smiles. "Empty threats." he sighed, "So unlike you."

He then drew the omega symbole in the air, "Here is a... friend to keep you company. It'll show you that I'm not such a monster and that I care for you, Mica."

From the symbole that burned black in the air, the smell of ozone wafted up my nose and a loud howl escaped the empty space, however, it wasn't empty for long.

Another howl rang from the symbole and a large -I mean large - hell hound lunged from the opening and landed atop my chest.

I shouted curses in ancient greek until the beast moved off of me. "You're giving me a hellhound?" I asked, but Hades was gone.

I turned to the beast, the creature was unusually small for a hellhound and I decided I'd best keep him a secret so Cassandra and other campers don't freak out.

"Your name will be thánatos." I murmured quietly to the male hellhound. He bayed before I snapped my fingers at him and he quieted. "You will live in the forest, but you will not leave until I tell you to."

The beast whimpered before loping off in the direction of the forest, his heavy tail swatting the air as he left.

Father gave me this beast, now what am I to do about caring for it? Cassandra will have my head if I tell her...
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:07 pm
Amfliflier says...

Castor (Chase) Jolivette I'll have Daemond come get him. :) Thanks, by the way. Nothing much was happening yet with Chase and Bella.

I was putting the finishing touches on our chariot. It was looking great, and I was proud to say I helped build it. As I was standing back to admire my work, someone ran in. I turned around to see who it was.

I recognized him, but I didn't know his name. I think he was a Dionysus kid. He was sweaty and panicky, and his eyes locked with mine.

"You! You're an Apollo kid right?" He seemed desperate. I nodded, uncertain of what he wanted.

"Good, come with me. It's an emergency." He waved me towards him. I looked to Bella for help. I sent her a look that said, "What do I do?"

"Let's go Chase. It's an emergency, remember?" She grabbed me by the arm and started pulling me towards the kid.

"Where exactly are we going?" I was genuinely curious, hoping I wasn't on a mission to rescue an old lady from a burning house.

"The Poseidon cabin. Ani's hurt, and bad." He didn't even turn to look at me.

"Okay, two questions, who's Ani, and why is she hurt? Three actually, why do you need my help?" I wondered why they needed me, the new guy at camp, to help some stranger.

"Ani is a daughter of Poseidon, she's hurt because of poison, and you're an Apollo kid, so you can help her." I released Bella's grip on my arm. I stopped running for a second. They both stopped and looked at me like I'm stupid.

"What are you doing Chase? We need to go!" Bella urged me. I shook my head and laughed.

"Why do you expect me to be able to help her? I don't know the first thing about first aid!" Daemond gave me a surprised look.

"You're an Apollo kid! How can you not know about healing!" He said that like it would magically make me remember I had a doctor's degree. "On second thought, maybe it's just one of those things that you have no idea you know how to do..." He got lost in thought.

"On third thought, we can't just stand around all day if Ani's dying! Let's go!" With that she grabbed my arm again and was pulling me towards the cabin area.

I thought I'd break this up into two posts. Hope that's okay with y'all. ;)
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:20 am
Camulaeus says...

Fergus

I stared in alram as without thinking about it my hand rose to my forehead. Aura could control people's actions.

"That...that's amazing! You can get anybody to do whatever you want!" My words seemed to darken Aura. Her face fell and her hand dropped, as if she was bitterly regretting something. I was there to catch it in an instant, drawing her face up (well, sorta even due to height but whatever) to mine. "Hey...what's wrong?"

"Oh nothing..." she replied and turned away slightly. I held on. Finally she sighed and face me once more. "it's just...I'm always afraid that people only see me as another pretty face, and then when I try to show them who I really am I could never know if it's because I was forcing them to or they were really liking me as who I am" Little baby tears had formed in her eyes.

I thought for a moment about what to say, I was absolutely positive that what I said earlier had meant something to her only due to pure luck. I really didn't want to say the wrong thing.

"Aura, listen...if anyone ever get's past your pretty face, they'll fall so far in love with you that you won't even need to think about charm speaking" I bit my lip after I said it, wondering desperately if I said the right thing.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:30 am
Sunshine says...

Hope you don't mind my posting.

Daemond

I tap my foot, impatient with the Apollo kid. He had no time to waste! We needed to help Ani, as much as it pained me to admit it. He and the Aphrodite girl, Bella, were arguing. I wasn't paying much attention and was in no mood to. I was about to leave and get someone else when the Aphrodite girl pulls on the boys arm, yanking him toward the cabins. Finally. Bella looks around and dives for the Posiedon cabin. Always good to have an Aphrodite girl on your side. I sprint to catch up with hem and burst into the Posiedon cabin. Katherine was knelt besides Ani's bed. Ani looked even paler than usual, practically ghostly. Chase looked the same way. I had my doubts with the kid, but he had to help Ani... and poor Katherine, who looked so scared for her friend.

I hiss into the boy, Chase's ear. "Help us. Please."

If it was even possible Chase looked even more scared than before. Great. Just great. Katherine and I needed to explain things to Ani. I just hope I wouldn't die in the aftermath. Chase knelt down.

"What happened to her?"

To be honest I wasn't sure. I looked to Katherine, hoping for help. She remained silent, just looking at the still form of Ani. I sigh. "Sword wound. Poison. We already gave her the ambrosia tablet. Is there anything you can do?"

We all looked to Chase. Katherine, Ani, and-cough- I depended on him to help Ani. Bella on the other hand...
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:39 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Cassandra [Hades] | Back at the Hades Cabin:

Back in the cabin, I started rumaging around in my stuff for a change of clothes. Blood never upset me...but once it got on my clothes, it wouldn't come out. I glanced towards the dagger where it lay on my bed beside my armour. Glowering, I snorted and looked away. Huh. Sure. Typical Hades. Sending Brooks like that. Father knew I hated that fiend!

Eventually I found another pair of jeans and a clean shirt. Sighing, I pulled my current shirt over my head, wincing as it pulled on the cut, and threw the shirt into a corner. Then I pulledo ff my jeans and strode into the bathroom. About twenty minutes later, I was out of the shower and getting dressed, wrapping a bandage around my stomach to cover the wound before putting my shirt on. It would do--for now.

I got up and headed for the door, and paused. I glanced back towards the bed, at the dagger there, then decided to take it with me. Shaking my head, I rushed back to my bed, snatched up my bew dagger and then headed for the door again. I slammed the door as I left, running into someone and knocking us both to the ground. I winced, hissing in pain. "Idiot," I snapped, pushing at the other person.

((Could be anyone...possibly a boy, please))
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:21 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Bella:

For a minute, we just sat there, watching the girl Ani just lay there, in obvious pain during her sleep. Chase just stood there, staring at her for a while.

Outraged, I yelled, "Chase, do something! Help her!"

A small moan escaped Ani's lips. My eyes scanned her, her blood soaked bed and body, her ghostly pale skin as white as a pearl but much more sickly and transparent looking. Her lips were an extremely light, pale pink, and her normally red hair somehow seemed to wither and fade.

"I'm getting Chiron!" I yelled, but just before I ran out, Ani opened her eyes.

Ani:

I felt my heart jump, and I opened my eyes, my breath catching in m throat. My hair stuck to my forehead and I my entire body was hot, sticky, and the smell bruned my nose. My arm seared and my vision was still blurry.

A moan slipped from my lips and I reached out, yelling, "Katherine? Katherine! Katherine, where are you?"

Someone grabbed my hand tightly, their hands shaking slightly, "Ani, I'm here. I'm here."

My throat felt thick, and as much as it pained me, I held onto Katherine's hand, lifted my head from the pillow, and choked out, "I don't wanna die Katherine."

Katherine said, sounding as if tears were in her eyes, "You won't die Ani, I promise."

Tired, I let my head drop down to the pillow, and muttered, "Daddy, I don't want to die. I don't want to die daddy. Please help me. I'm sorry for what I said about you and the others, daddy. Please don't let me die."

And with that, I blacked out again.

*Cough cough, you guys can save her aaaaaaaanytime now*
Live, Love, Laugh

151 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:31 am
Amfliflier says...

Castor (Chase) Jolivette

She was whimpering, so low that I could barely hear her, but I did hear one thing. "I don't wanna die." I was the only thing standing between her and death, except I had no idea what I was about to get myself into.

"Please, help her!" The other girl on the bed was sobbing. I had to do something.

"Okay, now I don't know what I'm doing, so don't laugh if it doesn't work." I said.

"This is not a laughing matter Chase!" Bella snapped. I held my hands out to Ani, who had passed out again. I chanted inside my head. "Please, wake up. Heal. Get better." Nothing happened. I concentrated harder, and still nothing happened. I moved forward and placed my hands on her wound. It was sticky and warm with blood, and I shuddered. I tried to ignore it, and I started chanting out loud.

"Ani, daughter of-" I looked to Daemond for help.

"Poseidon." He responded. He stood in the corner, wide eyed.

"Ani, daughter of Poseidon, wake up. Heal, whatever you need to do to stay alive. We need you here." All of a sudden, I said something in Greek, that I didn't even know what it was. I felt something, energy, it felt like liquid of some sort, pour out of my hands, into Ani's wound. A black substance flowed out of her arm onto the bed. The wound began to close itself up. I felt myself getting sleepy, and I removed my hands after it closed itself up. The wound was pink, and where it had closed was a ripple that looked like a snake.

Ani bolted up and gasped for air. My vision started to fade, and I stumbled over to Bella. I felt like I did after the dentist, where you feel sleepy and delusional.

"I'm kinda tired. I'm gonna go ta sleep nowwww..." The last thing I felt was Bella's warm hands lowering me to the ground, before I ended up like Ani.

He's not dead or anything, but healing took a lot of energy out of him. Ani's wound is healed now, by the way. I got the hands-on-the-wound idea from a series I just read. I hope it's not considered stealing the idea... :?
Forever for All <3

70 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:05 am
WrittenInStone says...

Katherine

I held onto Ani's hand tightly as Chase worked on healing her, when he was done I looked up as Ani bolted into a sitting position - gasping for breath.

I turned my head - wild-eyed and ready to thank Chase - only to see the child of Apollo lying on the ground in a stupor. I released Ani's hand and leaned over the boy who had saved my bestfriend's life. "Chase?" I gasp, I put a hand on his arm and shake him gently, "Chase!" I look up at Bella, wondering what was wrong with him.

Ani was examining her wound in my peripheral and I looked at Bella, "When he wakes up would you tell him that I am in his debt? Anything he wants that's in my power, I'll do for him. He saved my best friend, it's the least I could do." I told her and she nodded, before I turned my back to them and sat at the edge of Ani's bed.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her, before reaching out and grasping Daemond's hand.

He squeezed my hand tightly, before joining me at her bedside on his knees, one arm draped around my shoulder protectively while I looked at her.

She narrowed her eyes at our joined hands and then looked up suspiciously into my face, she cleared her throat; clearly wanting an explanation.

I looked over at Daemond, and mouthed two syllables; Uh-Oh
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

131 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:26 am
Sunshine says...

Daemond

Everything happened incredibly fast. The main thing is that Ani is awake. And that the Apollo kis who healed her was passed out on the ground. I really did hope he was ok but it looked like I had bigger issues.

"How are you feeling?" Katherine asked Ani before reaching over and grabbing my hand.

I squeeze her hand, hoping that everything would be ok. I lean down beside her, getting down on my knees. I drap my arm around her. She was mine now and nothing could change that, even if I had to go through Ani again.

Ani narrowed her eyes at our joined hands and then looked up suspiciously into Katherine's face. With that she cleared her throat in a warrior-like manner. Or maybe it was just me. Katherine looked over at me, and mouthed two syllables; Uh-Oh. Uh-Oh was right. Ani was looking at me like she wanted to mount my head on the cabin wall. I couldn't see the look she shot Katherine but I bet it wasn't good. I mouth; Do you want to try to explain, or do you want me to?She looked at me, then to Ani. Both. I nodd, her decision making perfect sense.

"Well," Katherine started with a gulp. "You know that letter that I told you was from a Heph boy?"

Heph boy? I shoot Katherine a look, but she glared back at me with a Shut-up-I'm-trying-to-save-us-here look. Gods, I loved that girl. Ani nods.

"Well..." A pure look of pain shot across Katherine's face.

I save her. "It's me breaking all the rules here. I couldn't talk to her, so I sent her a letter. I asked her to meet me. Shockingly, she came. Wanting to stab my heart out, but she still came. I told her what an idiot I was. I told her that I should've spoken to her, instead of being speechless. I told that when you beat me up I realized how much I deserved it. How much I missed her." I probably sounded like an idiot, but it was necessary." I told her...Well...Lots of things."

My toungue began to tie itself up. Anyway, Katherine deserved to tell the next part. Before Ani lunged for my throat. Help? I mouth at Katherine.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

70 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:46 am
WrittenInStone says...

Katherine

I knew Daemond didn't want to continue, and when he mouthed me to help him I flailed around for words.

"Ani, just listen - I went to Daemond ready to shove this dagger," I pull it from my boot and toss it on the bed. "- into his heart but you know the only thing that stopped me was how sorry he looked." I tell her.

"He looked at me and told me that he'd been stupid- even though I could find a few more colorful words to have described him - and he told me that he had feeling for me. Well, he basically he droned on and on about what he loved about me. Apparently he loved how I didn't crawl back to him."

She nods, "I can't see you ever crawling back to someone." she says with a meek smile.

I roll my eyes, "Anyways - he never said the words that I first told him and still I was thinking that you'd kick his butt after I told you so I was kind of counting on your fists right then and there... but then - It was like he had to tip the scale by finally saying them. He looked me in the eyes and told me he loved me - but I wasn't sure he meant it. It took me a moment to really believe him - even though I'm still .... unsure." I explain.

I look at Daemond, before looking back at Ani; "I also know that if he does walk away and prove that his words were a lie, I'm counting on you to help me shove this dagger," I wave at it, "through his unfeeling heart." my face grew dark - I wasn't really going to do that, but I would be really hurt. Possibly more than I could deal with.

Daemond squeezes my hand and I look over at him, his eyes are staring at the dagger - with what I could tell was grudging acceptance.

"Don't worry." I lean over and kiss him before pulling away, "I might lose it before then." I lie, because knowing me I kept the dagger nearby at all times. There was no chance of losing it.

Ani looks at me, and then Daemond. "If she doesn't have the stomach to do it, then you can count on me." she smiles sarcastically before turning to me. "Are you happy with him, Katherine?" she asks me.

The question catches me off guard and I swallow, "Yes, Ani. I really am."

She looks at Daemond, "Then you're saved for now." her words are dark but her smile is no longer bitter and sarcastic.

I turn to Daemond, "Hmm .. Daemond; I think you've just become the prince in distress. I've become the princess who rescues you from the dragon." I laugh and kiss him.

Ani turns away in my peripheral muttering something like, "Get a room."

|| Wisp. ||

84 Reviews

Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:40 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Bella:

Chase stumbled over to me and just collapsed. Luckily, I was quick enough to catch him. Slowly, I lowered him to the ground as he closed his eyes.

After a few minutes, I decided I should take him to his cabin and leave Daemond and Katherine to explain everyting to Ani.

So, I lugged Chase's limp body all the way to his cabin. When I finally got there, I just heaved him onto a random bed, out of breath.

Gods, that was hard work!

Not wanting to leave him, I pulled over a chair and sat next to the bed. Chariot race or no chariot race, Chase did good today and deserved to sleep it off.

Ani:

Pushing the blood soiled blankets away, I stood up, my legs a little shakey, and walked away from Katherine and Daemond. Shuffling over to my closet, I pulled out a pair of shirts and a t-shirt, went into the bathroom the quickly get dressed, and then came back out.

Slowly, I pulled the blankets and sheets off the bed and threw them in the hamper to be cleaned. Too tired to put new ones on, I just flopped down on the bed and stared at Daemond and Katherine look at each other, too comfy and tired to turn away

*Sorry it's short, I have to leave for tennis!*
Live, Love, Laugh

131 Reviews

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:34 pm
Sunshine says...

Aura McCormik

Why did it always seem to come to this? Me blabbering on with all my stupid self-confidence issue and Fergus saying the right thing every time. Sometimes the right thing didn't seem to be the truth. Like now. It had happened so many times before...Call me, parinoid but honestly... Fergus looks at me with his big purpley eyes. I sigh, sucking in the tears. Was I really that likable? As in honest to goodness likable?

"Do you- honest to the gods- really think so?"

He nodded without a pause." Of course I do."

"Well....Thank you."

I couldn't think of another thing to say. I wipe off what little tears there are left. Fergus nodds.

"Sorry I have such...Self-confidence...Issues."

"Don't worry. I understand."

Call me greedy but that last part there just perked up my ears. I mean, I knew that Fergus was upset about Morpheus, but what of his mother? What was she like? I think off my own father and feel like crying. Again. Could I never get him out of my head? He seemed to haunt my every move. He-He had tried. That's when Fergus' words come fully sinking in. Call me slow, but they seemed to play over again. "Aura, listen...if anyone ever get's past your pretty face, they'll fall so far in love with you that you won't even need to think about charm speaking." Love me. Truly love me.

"I'm glad I showed you my charmspeaking." I said, not sure where I was going," It means a lot to me that you care this much."

And it did. A comfortable silence sinks in as I wait for Fergus to speak.

Daemond

Katherine turns to me, "Hmm .. Daemond; I think you've just become the prince in distress. I've become the princess who rescues you from the dragon." She laughs and kisses me. I don't think I'll ever get used to the feeling. I guess you could call this our first real kiss- Not forbiden or off track. Let me tell, you it was amazing. Like a dream.
Ani mutters something and Katherine pulls away, her eyes sparkling. I guess this was it then. Ani- and Katherine- no longer wanted to stab me. I smile back at Katherine and whisper; "Have I told you that your a pretty good kisser?" She rolls her eyes, but smiles. Life is good. Ani pulls the sheets from the bed and throws them sloppily in the hamper. She settles on the bed, eying us both wearily. I hoped that it was just tiredness and not what I put her and Katherine both through. A sardonic second passed, none of us saying anything. I glance at the fish-shaped clock hanging on the wall. The time blinked back at me menancingly. 11:07 Crap! I nudge Katherine, pointing at the clock.

"I guess that means were out of the Chariot races. They start in less than a half an hour. We haven't even started ours."

Ani and Katherine exchange a glance while I sit there, totally confused. Again.

---The Book Thief---

70 Reviews

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:55 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Katherine

"Do you really lack that much faith in me, Daemond?" I ask him with a smile, I clamber to my feet and tug his hand and help him up. "Ani - I'm telling you this as your sister; Get some rest. If I find you outside I'll personally tie you to the bed." I threaten.

Ani rolls her eyes and leans back in her bed, as I pull Daemond out of the cabin hurriedly.

I turn to him, "There was only one thing left that I had to do and only you can do it - come on!" I break into a run, and it felt nice running in the cool breeze that blew across the field.

We were nearly at the stables and I slow to a jog as we enter. "Alright come on." I mutter as Daemond runs in behind me.

I know we're running late but I needed this to get done or we'd never finish the chariot for the races and honestly - I was excited to see what would happen.

I pulled off the sheet that covered the hulking mass in the corner to reveal the gold and silver painted chariot - it gleamed with an unnatural light and the plates that sloshed with water at the sides were perfectly smelted to the metal chariot.

Daemond intook breath quickly, he was staring at the chariot in awe. "You made this?" he asked me and I nodded. "Well, I've been working on it for three days since I had nothing else to do - honestly you were a little busy brooding about which girl to choose, Daemond."

He smiled but he reached out and ran a hand along the outside, "What do you need me to do?" he asked me, turning to look at me.

I flash a quick smile, "Well - if we really want to surprise people then you'd best add some sort of Dionysis surprise in this thing." I tell him,

"It's all up to you - I've already added my small surprises - ever heard of greek fire and water? Yea, it'll be one heck of a day." he's looking at me like he knew something that diabolical had already been in my mind before and I grin as I tap one of the many metal bowls along the outside of the chariot.

"My little water bombs."

Daemond looks at the chariot and clambers inside, "Oh yea. I forgot - I added greek fire bombs in there, a javelin, four smaller tridents to throw, a shield - with a few surprises - and some little tricks to put on the horse's armor." I tell him.

He shakes his head, "Did you place the wheel guards?" he asks me and I shake my head. "You can do that - conjure some vines and add your own little touch to the thing."

"I've got to fetch the horses." I tell him and I walk off, my hands rubbing together at the thought of our time in the ring.

|| Wisp. ||

84 Reviews

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:42 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Ani:

I really didn't want to stay in here all day being a lazy bum, so I decided that I would go outside to wach the chariot races when they started. Not much Katherine can do to me while racing, right?

So it was settled. I would go outside to watch the races and hurry back before Katherine noticed.

So I sat and waited until the races came.

After finishing pulling the blanket up over the fresh sheets, I walked out of the cabing and headed over to watch the race.

Hopefully Katherine wouldn't see me.
Live, Love, Laugh

151 Reviews

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:20 pm
Amfliflier says...

Castor (Chase) Jolivette

I woke up to the sun in my eyes. I bolted up when I realized where the sun was coming from. Being the Apollo cabin, we had a window in our roof so that we could look out and see the stars at night. But if the sun was coming in from the roof window, it meant it was almost time for the races!

"Chase! Don't sit up too fast hon, or you'll be out again." Bella said. I didn't realize she had been sitting there.

"Bella, we need to go to the Chariot Races! They're about to start!" I threw the covers off and jumped out of bed. My feet made a light thud on the wood floors. I went over to my dresser and grabbed some new clothes, since the ones I was in now were covered in Ani's blood.

I ran in the bathroom and threw on my jean shorts and my green University of Vermont t-shirt. I slipped on my converse and was pulling Bella out the door.

We came to the forge, and I stopped short, making Bella run into me. I did a double-take to our chariot. She had amped it up. She painted it dark blue, and on it she wrote, "Chella #1" in fancy calligraphy. Also, there was a small motor on the front.

"500 Pegasus power. Sheer beauty. And that coming from a daughter of Aphrodite." She winked.

"When did you have time to do this? You were with me the whole time! When we were with Ani, back at the cabin-" I stuttered.

"Well, you were asleep for a while, and I didn't think you were gonna wake up for a while, so I thought I'd come work on the chariot. Now would you stop gawking and help me get this down to the race?" She giggled and I so did I, knowing I had Bella on my side for whatever might come.
Forever for All <3

I have writer's block. I can't write. It is the will of the gods. Now, I must alphabetize my spice rack.
— Neil Gaiman