z

Young Writers Society

Camp Half-Blood *Join!*

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:42 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Mica

I rushed off to change, putting on what I knew wouldn't be any better than my bikini - a pair of skin-tight jeans and a low-cut tank top.

I was quick getting back because I was looking forward to kick Cassandra's ass again. She never could stand being the daughter of Hades.

When I returned I saw that she held a dagger in her hand, it was black and it moved as though the shadows themselves were hidden inside of it. I gritted my teeth, where did she get something like that? I thought I was the only one with a shadow weapon...

I strapped on the armor I'd carried out of the cabin and tossed her the chain-mail too. "I'm sure neither of us is dying to see father." I told her in a jeer, as I reached over to grab the large two-edge black sword. It moved as well, the dead's souls collected in the blade to cause incredible pain.

"Hmph!" she grunted as she set the dagger into her boot before strapping on her armor as well.

I sheathed my sword in the scabbard at my hip before turning around. I raised my hands palm down and spread them across the field behind me. I whispered a few words in ancient greek and a large fissure opened like a rusty door from the ground. Dozens of skeletal soldiers clawed their way out - most of them holding large battle axes and swords the rest held spears and javelins.

I held up my hand, "Halt." I ordered them before turning back to Cassandra who stood staring at my army of the dead.

I flashed her a smile, and she glowered at me. I knew that she hated raising the dead, she was a Hades child and she acted like she was afraid of ghosts!

My fingers gripped the hilt of my blade, my powers draining ever-so-little after having raised the dozens of dead.

"Come on, Cassie! You can raise the dead, can't you? Or are you afraid they'll turn on you?" I taunted her, I know it's not nice but then again I'm not a nice person.
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:06 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Cassandra [Hades] | Practice Arena:

I sighed, eying the dead. Well, if we must. I turned away, and close my eyes, holding out a hand and calling to the dead. About fifteen skeletons dugs their way out of the ground. I didn't like Mica's little stint of showing off. Whatever, I thought and turned back to her, eyes open again.

"Shall we?" I asked, ignoring her jests. I didn't even have to order my little army into position. I just hoped no one had seen my little conversation with Brooks. Command us.... I glanced towards my army and scowled. Great, now even the skeletons were talking to me.

"We shall," Mica said and moved to stand across from me. I watched her closely, knowing she might cheat at any moment. I waited while Mica got into to position. This was our little chessboard; this arena. This was game; a test. At least, I was thinking Mica wanted to see how far she could push herself--hence the few dozen 'soldiers' she'd raised.

"Alright," I said slowly, waiting for the first move. "Let's start." After several long, tense moments, Mica rushed forward. I pulled the dagger, holding off the sword aimed for my neck. Yes, my little half-sister was crazy. But I was worse.

Grinning, I pushed her back and span out her reach, snatching up a sword from a nearby Skeleton. The sounds of metal on metal and chainmail filled the air. This was a fight; and I was enjoying it. I took note of my 'soldiers' falling under the barrage of Mica's and scowled. Slowly, we circled each other.

"You know," Mica said. "You never seem bothered by anything..."

I frowned, distracted for a slipt second. What did she mean by that? Why would she even say that in the first place? It was confusing. I stopped, straightening up and twisted the sword in my left hand. My half-sister was confusing me. Never seem bothered by anything? Suuure. She obviously hadn't seen me on a bad day....
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

70 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:17 pm
WrittenInStone says...

As soon as the words left my lips I could see Cassandra's mind whirring to comprehend them. It was such an amusement to see her struggle to understand the meaning of my words but then again - I was crazy right? I said things like that all the time.

As soon as she straightened, spinning the sword in her hand I rushed forward and lunged.

She reacted, but her movements were too slow to compete with mine. My sword sliced through the air, the shadow's howled as they sliced through the opening of her armor - right up her left side. The wound was deep but not too much, and already blood began to pour from the split in her flesh.

I smiled but my smile fell dead on my face when Cassandra collapsed to the ground in a panic.

The soldiers on Cassandra's side stopped and rushed to the aide of their master - their commander but mine still fought until I raised my hand and ordered them to stop.

The skeletal hands reached for Cassandra but she flinched back, screaming at them to crawl back to where they'd come from.

Most of them obeyed, except one - he was young looking, and he had flesh. His hair fell into his eyes and he kept a protective hand on her.

"Now look what you've done to your father's child!" he growled at me, and I was honestly confused. I turned my head,

"Return to the depths of the underworld." I told them in the ancient tongue of greek.

They obeyed while I stared across Cassandra's bleeding form to the young ghost who covered her.
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:20 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie White~

I felt a little self conscience in the two piece bathing suit I had been wearing, and the way that girl--if she was worthy of that name--was looking at me, well let's just say I didn't feel too good about myself. As the daughter of Zeus, I had a tendancy to hate people the first time they do something bad. Well, I hated that girl already.

But I didn't let her ruin my day. I put a smile on my face and told myself I was beautiful--a perfect lie that made me happy. On the up side, I didn't have to talk to that thing again if I didn't want to--she wasn't my half sister. I felt bad, though, for hating her. The only wrong thing she did was look at me like I was retarded, and I would rather not knkow what she was thinking about me.

After about an hour maybe of thinking about her, I felt terrible--about myself, not about hating her. My smile was completly gone, but I didn't dare tell Raine why. I simply told her I didn't feel good and I wanted to go back to the Zeus cabin and rest--or change and go hide somewhere far away so that no one could see how horrible I looked.

She seemed to understand and we stood up. I wrapped myself in my towel and walked slowely back to my cabin. I put on a T-shirt that was too big for me and a pair of old jeans that had paint splattered on them. Then, I stalked out of the Zeus cabin, looking for someone to talk to and feeling lonely. What a terrible day this was turning out to be.

(Sorry its mostly about her self conciousness, but she's a girl that's how it goes xD)
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:30 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I panicked--was panicking. I knew I was but I couldn't seem to stop. And Brooks was back, standing over me protectively. It was also so confusing. He was shouting something at Mica, but I wasn't listening. All I could see was the blood--it was everywhere.

"Cassandra?" Mica called, but I couldn't answer. What was wrong with her? Why wasn't she doing anything? Brooks crouched down beside me, but he wasn't looking at me. "Who are you?" she asked, directing this question to Brooks.

That snapped me out of it. "Don't answer her!" I snapped, pushing myself up. I wasn't going to stand--yet. Already, I could hear people coming this way. Beside, I was injured. Hurriedly, I started working on the straps, cursing under my breath. I had to get the armour off so I could see the damage...

"Brooks," the ghost annouced, bowing slightly to Mica. My half-sister's gaze narrowed. I groaned in frustration. Now he decides to introduce himself? Typical! And just after I told him not to! Bloody typical, hypocrite of a ghost!

Someone needs to notice the noise from the fight. I mean, Cass did scream....

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:43 pm
Sunshine says...

Jeez I can post for a day and you spam it up! I love it!!!

Daemond

I can't believe it. I'd said them. I'd really said them. Now that they were out I wanted to say them again.

"I love you."

My hand goes up and rests on her cheek.

"Thank you."

She smiles, her hands going around me in hug. In that moment everything seemed right. I had my best friend- well, I suppose she wasn't my best friend anymore. Girlfriend, maybe? It didn't really matter. I hug her back tightly, afraid to let go. Suddenly, she backs away slightly and plants a soft kiss on my lips.She kissed me. I couldn't believe it. Just a few minutes ago, she wanted to stab me. Now... I make a move to kiss her back but she pulls away. My arms feel agonizingly empty with out her. She gives me a cocky smile.

"Nuh-uh. We've got a chariot to finish."

I sigh, agreeing with her. She backs away and I can see something dawning on her face. It's then I remember Katherine's best friend, the road block to our new relantionship.

"What are we going top do about Ani?" I say.

Katherine shakes her head. " I-I'm not really sure. I know if she'd understand..."

I rub the sore spot on my cheek. "The way she treated me today I highly doubt it."

Katherine laughs, hardly any concern in her eyes." What did Ani do now."

I didn't want to diss Katherine's friend or anything but... "Let's just say, whatever you do DON'T get Ani mad."

Katherine's eyes darken." She really doesn't want me near you, does she."

"I know. It's all my fault. I should've known sooner..."

Utter dispare fills me. What were we going to do?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

70 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:55 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Katherine

I take his hand in mine and tug him forward, "We're going to go talk to her. I know she'll think I was bluffing when you tore out my heart but she's my bestfriend, the one who's been there for me when no one else was. She'll understand if it makes me happy." I tell him, but it seems like I'm talking to myself.

I stay closed to Daemond's side, afraid that if I let go then I'd be letting go of everything. He was now the one thing that held me to the world, the one thing that I could rely on to be there.

We were walking towards the Poseidon cabin, I knew Ani would be there waiting for me to return. I hoped she'd bandaged her arm and then I chuckled, "I guess you'll only worry about her left arm. I took care of the right arm while we were sword fighting." I tell him.

When we walk up the stairs and throw open the cabin door I take a deep breath of sea-scented air and tug Daemond into the room alongside me.

"Katherine? Is that you?" I hear from the bathroom, Ani's voice is shaky and I can feel concern creasing my brow.

Daemond's hand tightens on mine but I drop his hand and walk over to the washroom, "Ani? What's wrong?"

The girl infront of the mirror turns, "I guess your little sword wound is worse then it seems."

I look down at her arm, the bandage was soaked through with blood and when she lifted the bandage I nearly gagged. The flesh was black with infection but I didn't understand how. "How could that happen? It's only been a few hours since I left!" I gasped.

Ani looked up at me, "It's not infection, it's poison, Katherine."

"Daemond, get over here."

Ani's face darkens visibly, her eyes narrow as she looks at Daemond who's now standing behind me. "What is he doing here?" she growls, her fists tightening.

"I'll explain to you later." I turn to Daemond, "Help her out onto the bed." I order him and he doesn't argue even if he's a tad bit afraid of touching the girl who nearly knocked him unconscious.

I run out of the bathroom and rummage through my belongings, searching desperately for the leather bag filled with ambrosia squares and nectar that one of the Hermes kids stole and gave to me as a sudden gift.

I dug through my underwear drawer, throwing out many of the items that were there - including thongs and socks - until I found it. I pulled it out, not minding the mess of my under garments and pulled out one of the ambrosia squares.

"Here!" I rushed over to where Daemond sat on the edge of Ani's bed staring at the items on the floor but I paid no heed to him and gave the ambrosia square to Ani. "Take it.."

----

Mica

I gestured for Brooks to move, and I leaned down. "Cassandra, stop moving!" I snap at her.

Every movement she made, caused the wound to bleed more quickly. I placed a restraining hand and took out a square of ambrosia, "Here."

She stares at it like I'm giving her poison and Brooks takes it from my hand.

"Here, eat it; your father would not want you joining him so early in life." he told her in a lilting voice.

That was why I did it - I reminded myself - because Father always pities the daughter who looks more like Aphrodite than Hades. He always takes pity on the weaker ones.

I grind my teeth together and stand, "Alright, you take care of her Brooks. I'm off to have a word with father."

"He wouldn't like that - he's currently busy organizing something with Persephone." but I wave away his words,

"I don't care!" I tell him, "Father will talk to me one way or another, even if I have to barge straight through the gates to the underworld to do it!"

|| Wisp. ||

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:08 pm
Sunshine says...

Aura

"So now that I've shown you that I can do more than day-dream, what can you do besides being beautiful?"

I step back, suprised at Fergus' sudden braveness. Then I laugh, realizing how ridiculous I was being.

"Not much. I mean... Unless you count my amazing hair and make-up skills."

Fergus smiles and then I realize something else I could do. It wasn't as special as going into a dreamworld or summoning spiders, but it was something.

"Have you ever heard of the ability to charmspeak? Some children of Aphrodite have it..."

Fergus looked confused. "Sadly, no. Do you have it?"

I took a deep breath. Suddenly, this didn't seem like such a good idea. " A small power, but yeah. It just helps me get what I want... It's really not important."

"I still want to see it."

I take a deep breath. " I need people around...Well, just one person in general."

"Can't you do it on me?"

The boy didn't know what he was getting into. "No." Then again, I didn't want to bring another person over here at hurt Fergus' social skills. "Fine." I mutter. I think deeply. "Fergus can you please touch your forhead."

Fergus obeys. His eyes fill with alarm. I sigh, fully sorry I'd shown him my 'power.'
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:21 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Mica took off, saying something about talking to Hades. I scowled, glaring at her back as she left. Finally, she was out of sight and I accepted the Ambrosia from Brooks. The fiend still gave me the creeps. He stood up, smiling. "It's the truth, you know," he said, quite calmly. I got up slowly, finally managing to get my armour off. I tried to ignore him. "He truly doesn't want you to die yet..." Brooks turned away, muttering somthing like 'that's why he did it.'

I glared at him. "Could you shut up or go away?" I snapped, then paused, focusing fully on him. "Better yet; why don't you go crawl back into whatever hole you crawled out of?" Brooks flinched, but then he backed away, fading as he did so. Satisified, I turned and stormed off, heading back to the cabin.

As I walked, I twirled the dagger in my hand, wondering why Brooks had given it to me. Then I shrugged. It didn't matter. I glanced down at the blood soaking my shirt and jeans, and sighed. I was going to have to change when I got back to the cabin--if I could get back there. If no one noticed the blood coating my side. I narrowed my gaze and kept walking, my armour swinging from one hand. Mica had injured me. It was true; all children of Hades seemed to be crazy.

"Cassandra?"

((Could be anyone.))

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:36 pm
untameabletiger says...

Raine Starkweather

Well, with the day slowly falling apart, Kassie decided to go back to her cabin to rest. I could tell by the look on her face it wasn't sickness that made her upset. Perhaps it was that Hades girl. Maybe she's Just not good at first impressions I told myself. I had decided to stay for a while and think where I think best. The water. I took off the cover up and threw it over on my bag.
Each step in the water was more relaxing then the first. I slowly sunk into the water,eyes closed and thought of what to do. Daughters of Hades don't usually like people, but I'm not going to let either one bring me down. HEY! maybe thats whats wrong with Kassie! I had thought. I came out of the water with my head, and let the bottom of my hair float on top of the water. When I opened my eyes I saw An Athena girl, I thought her name was Zandra, and someone I didn't recognize.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:43 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Ani:

When Katherine left our cabin, I went into the bathroom to bandage the cut. Quickly, I ran my arm under water and wrapped it up.

My eyes began to droop, so I went to my bed to take a nap.

Pain seared through my arm, and I wriggled under my blankets. Unable to bare the pain, I opened my eyes. Something wet and sticky clung to my right side and arm.

Looking down, I had to choke a scream that threatened to spill out of my mouth. My entire side was covered in blood, my sheets and blanket drenched and the red fluid.

Feeling sick to my stomach, I ran into the bathroom and quickly unbandaged my arm which felt like someone had stabbed it.

Once again, I had to choke down a scream. My arm had turned black and the cut had turned more into a gouge.

I felt tears start to slip from my eyes and slid down my cheeks.

Quickly wrapped my arm back up with the bandage, adding more to collect the new blood.

The blood quickly soaked through the bandage and blood ran down my arm.

Just then, I heard the door shut.

In a shakey voice, I managed to choke out, "Katherine? Is that you?"

"Ani? What's wrong?" I heard Katherine call back, heairng her footsteps come closer.

Looking into the mirror, I saw when Katherine entered the bathroom and said, "I guess your little sword wound is worse then it seems."

She look down at my arm. More tears flowing down my face, I unwrapped the bandages to reveal the wound.

"How could that happen? It's only been a few hours since I left!" Katherine said with a gasp, her eyes boggling.

Looking up at Katherine, I said, "It's not infection, it's poison, Katherine."

"Daemond, get over here." Katherine yelled.

I feel my face darken and my eyes grow stormy. When Daemond entered, my dark eyes turned to slits and growled, "What is he doing here?"

I clenched my fists, well, my left fist, so tightly my nails drew blood from my palm.

"I'll explain to you later." Katherine said, turning to Daemond.

"Help her out onto the bed." She ordered.

Starting to feel tired again, I slurred, "I don't want him to touch me."

Apparently, neither of them heard me. Had I actually said that or was I going crazy? Daemond came over to me and guided me to bed, and I could sense the fear on him even though my arm was practically crippled.

My vision became blurry, but I managed to make out Daemond sitting next to me on the bed and Katherine doing something in her dresser. Blurs of color crossed my vision as she threw out her stuff. Socks? Thongs? Am I seeing right?

"Here!" She said, rushing over to where Daemond sat on the edge of my bed. I saw Daemond staring at Katherine's stuff on the floor. Moaning in pain, I twisted myself to kick Daemond, even though it caused me great pain.

"Ow!" He called, catching himself before he fell of the bed.

Katherine gave me something that looked like an ambrosia square in a blurry vision and said urgently, "Take it..."

Writhing in pain, I pushed her hand with the ambrosia in it and moaned, "No Katherine, what if you need it."

Katherine urged her hand closer towards my mouth.

I didn't want it, why is she trying to force it on me? I thought to myself, Oh no! Katherine poisoned me on purpose with that sword and now she is trying to get rid of me for good. What if what shes giving me will kill me faster than the poison? (In case you can't tell, the poison is making Ani a little crazy)

Quickly, I smacked away Katherine's hand and yelled, "I don't want it! No, you can't kill me, you can't!"

A gasp escaped my throat and I sat up, glaring at Daemond accusingly, "You! You turned my sister against me! You convinced her to kill me because I punched you."

I began kicking and thrashing my arms around, trying to get them away from me so they couldn't kill me.

Daemond and Katherine said something to each other, but something happened to my ears so I couldn't hear, not even my own screams.

All of the sudden, Daemond tackled me, pinning my arms to my sides and crushing my legs with his own.

Katherine shoved the food in my mouth and held my mouth shut, trying to coax me to swallow it.

At my denial, they held my mouth shut and also pinched my nose shut so I couldn't breath. At first I thought I could out do them, but I after a minute I was dying for breath and was able to choke down the food that had been forced into my mouth.

After a couple minutes, I finally fell asleep.

*I hope this is okay you guys*
Live, Love, Laugh

70 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:04 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Katherine

"You! You turned my sister against me! You convinced her to kill me because I punched you." screamed Ani, her eyes wild and burning with fervor.

I swallowed thickly, where would she get that idea? My eyes teared up but I turned to Daemond as she began to thrash, "We have to get her to eat this!" I whispered fervently, "Hold her down."

He did as asked, his arms and legs pinning Ani to the bed, so her struggling began to weaken.

I clambered on the side of the bed and placed the ambrosia in her mouth, covering it with my hand and pinching her nose.

It took a moment, considering us Poseidon girls we're good at holding out breath, before she swallowed the food. Afterwards she went limp, falling into a deep slumber.

I turned towards Daemond who got off Ani and stood next to me, I looked at him with worry clouding my gaze. "We have to get Chiron or someone! Someone from the Apollo cabin? They're good healers!" I could feel myself going into hysterics.

|| Wisp. ||

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:49 pm
Amfliflier says...

Can Chase be the guy that they call? He's an Apollo kid... :) Please?
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

70 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:18 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Yea, of course Amfliflier XD We're in need of an Apollo kid so bring 'em on up !

|| Wisp. ||

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:30 pm
thestorygirl says...

Auburn

A scream wakes me from my sleep, a girl's scream. I throw on my jacket and run into the camp. The scream came from the practice arena, someone must have been injured. I run into the large arena and see a girl covered in blood, twirling a dagger in her hands.

"Cassandra?," I say tentivally. She looks right at me in an almost disaproving way, "You know your covered in blood and still bleeding, right?"

"Yeah, I know. Training accident." I nod, but I don't really believe her. She looks oddly at me, probably because I have a knot in my hair the size of Nigeria close to the nape of my neck. It also doesn't help that I know everyone's name at camp, even though I had only ever spoken to two people here other then Amun.

"Okay, just checking. You should get some ambrosia. That cut looks bad." I realize that there had been ghosts around her recently. There was a smell of fire, death,and ash. I blink, and sneeze. "Well okay, stop bleeding, it helps." I say with a faint smile. I turn and walk away.
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul."
— Pablo Neruda