z

Young Writers Society

Camp Half-Blood *Join!*

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:01 am
Sunshine says...

Thanks goes to Dragonette/Dragonet for most of template.

Main Idea
Do you ever dream of going to Camp Half-Blood? Here's your chance! This storybook is all about giving you the chance to make Camp Half-Blood as real as possible.
This is Fan-Fic from the Percy Jackson series. It's 19 years after the last book (that should be enough time for the big three cabins to fill up)

Plot
Welcome to Camp Half-Blood! You most likely came here when your god-parent claimed you when you were twelve. As you know, this is where we train, learn more about our parents and their past, and have fun activities.
I will announce when the day is over. So if the person before you left their post off at lunch, don't leave yours off after breakfast.

Here's a Sample Activity Schedule
The activities at Camp Half Blood are numerous and change daily. Below is only a sample of what a typical day might look like.

Spoiler! :
8:00 Breakfast & Cabin Inspection
9:00-10:00 Sword & Shield w/Ares Cabin – Cabin Challenge, full combat armor required.
10:00-11:00 Archery w/Chiron – target practice: proper use of flaming arrows.
11:00-1:00 Winged Horseback Riding w/Demeter Cabin – first hour trail, picnic lunch, second hour aerial combat
1:00-2:00 Monster Assault Techniques w/Hermes Cabin – Ethiopian Dracones: Their Teeth, Claws, and Feeding Habits
2:00-4:00 FREE CHOICE
Arts & Crafts w/Hephaestus Cabin – Make your own Bronze Weapon
*or* Canoe Races w/Naiads – 1st Place Prize: 20 drachma credit at the Camp Store
*or* Climbing Wall w/satyrs – “The Clashing Rocks”
4:00-5:00 Swim & Beach Time w/the Nereids — bring sunscreen, discus, javelin, etc.
5:00-6:00 Free Time, Volleyball, Cabin Clean-up
6:00 Dinner & Announcements
7:00-9:00 Capture the Flag – combat gear required, all magical items allowed.
9:00-10:00 Sing-a-long and bonfire w/Apollo Cabin
10:00 Prepare for bed – Lights out by 11:00

I want lots and lots of people to join! It's most likely that everyone here has read Percy Jackson, whether it's one book or all of them. We need lots of people for camp. There are 12+ cabins and we need to fill them up! No one wants to be the only one in there cabin. This SB won't be any fun if we have to use a lot of unowned characters. The books say approximately 100 campers, plus satyrs, naiads, and dryads, (you can join as any of these).

Lets make this the biggest SB anyone has seen! I challenge everyone who has read this, to join. Are you up for the challenge?

Rules

Spoiler! :
1. Romance is ok, but no sex please.
2. All YWS rules
3. Yes, you can cuss, but don't make it a second language
4. I know that the last book leaves off with all of the minor gods getting there own cabin but to me that's really complicated. If you HAVE to be a minor demi-god PM me your profile and we will debate it.
5. You can have up to three characters. Actually, I encourage you to have at least two (if you can handle it). Let's fill this camp up!
6. Please don't join unless you've read the book or at least watched the movie.

Cabins Remember, I want lots of people, so there can be a couple people with the same parent. But try to keep it even, don't let there be six Poseidon kids and no Demeter children.

Spoiler! :
Zeus
funkymomo~Savannah Victoria
forsakinshadow~ Kassie White
Mazzi~Lucas Black
Apollo
Amplifier~ Castor Jolivette
DaSpetsnaz~Taylor Jones (T.J.)
Dragonette~Alex Freemon
Poseidon
fictionfanatic~Ani James
aquababe~Erika Hudson
WritenInStone~ Katherine Crosset
untameabletiger~Raine Starkweather
Athena
Roadnevertravelled~Regan O'Neil
Ladyofthedeathroses~ Devnee Grey
untameabletiger~Zandra Fairchild
Ares
Noelle~ Lexie Elliot and Andreas Minopololis
TheGreatIthy~Jack Burloe
Hermes
Iiscraftywriter (me!)~Spirit Jones
Dragonette~ Nick Jensen
Hades
Scarlettfire~Cassandra Miller
Hephaestus
Demeter
funkymomo~ Tessa Marie Dean
MyStoryline~Heaven Lee Brooks
Dionysus
Iiscraftywriter(me)~Damoend Veren
Dragonette~ Diago Smith
Aphrodite
Amplifier~Aetos Kalimas
fictionfanatic~Bella Krulock
Iiscraftywriter(me!)~ Aura McCormik
Satyrs
aquababe~Sage Plains
Dragonette~ Tristin Vine
Dryads and Naids
Milkncoookies~Quod Aqua
(Hera and Artemis won't have any kids)

Here's a couple of really good quiz's that you can take if you don't know which god/goddess is your parent. But you don't have to follow what it says
http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes/92 ... -olympians
(If you find more please tell me.)

Camper~

Spoiler! :
Name:
Parents: (Mortal and god)
Appearance: (Picture and written)
Personalities:
Other Personalities: (Likes, Dislikes, Strengths and Weaknesses)
Brief history: (Emphasis on brief. Just write a short description of how long you've been to camp, what your mortal family is like, and if you've been on a quest, ect.)
Up for love:
Other:

Satyr, Dryad, or Naiad ~

Spoiler! :
Name:
Age: (How old you are and how old you look. Remember these creatures mature slower then humans. In the first book, Grover is really 26 but he acts 12)
Appearance:
Campers: (if you're a satyr tell what kids you've gathered, if not ignore this)
Personality:
Other:

>Note: For those who haven't read the last book (don't worry, I'm not giving away anything important) Camp Half-Blood now has a cabin for every god, including minor gods. The minor cabins will be placed some place behind the Olympian cabins, so as to not interfere with their symbolic placing. If you REALLY want a minor god/goddess parent please PM. It's just that I don't want a bunch of random Hebe kids running around and no major 12. (And Hades.)

**************************************************************************************************************
Extra Surprise! (Your going to like this)

Spoiler! :
After about a week or so, I'm going to send seven people off on a quest. Remember the prophecy in the last book? That's what we're going off of.

For those who don't know or forgot, this is what it is:.
Seven half-bloods shall answer the call.
To storm or fire, the world must fall.
An oath to keep with the final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

The seven people who post a lot / write good posts, will get to go (I will be the judge). I'll make another storybook topic for it and we can do the quest over there. While, everyone who stays behind, can stay in this storybook. That way, no one's left out.

Yeah! Let's get this party started! :smt003

DT~ topic75637.html
You know you wanna click on it!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Note for those of you who were in the first Camp Half-Blood Storybook: (If you weren't, ignore or read.)

Spoiler! :
The quest failed. All of the quest campers have returned to Camp, empty handed and confused. Nobody remembers anything after running into the goddess of night, Nyx. The conflict was resolved without much demi-god help.The Olympians have stopped talking about it and Racheal hasn't mentioned the prophecy in almost a year. You can re-use your old charecter but shy away from an over amount of reference to the old SB. (I want to see how many people we can get without leaving them out.)
Last edited by Sunshine on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:53 am, edited 7 times in total.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:03 am
TheGreatIthy says...

I'll repost Jack from Ares!! I kinda liked him...
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:12 am
ScarlettFire says...

I'm in. If you forgot, my character from the old SB died on the quest. I'll make a new one.

Edit; Profile. Yeah, I suppose I'll reuse Cassandra. She's so fun to tortu--- ahem.... So fun to post for. >.> As. Whatever.

Name: Cassandra Miller.

Parents: Hades and mortal mother, Allison Miller.

Appearance: Cassie is tall, about 5’6 in height. She's slim and athletic with long, black hair and pale blue eyes. She's naturally pale and always seems to be smirking. She also has a set of scratches across her left shoulder blade that she received on her way to camp. Cassie is usually seen wearing dark clothing. She always has a necklace on (the one her mother gave her).
Spoiler! :

Personalities: Cassie seems cold-hearted, fiery, strong-willed, distant and determined, and is sometimes a force to be reckoned with. She can be very stubborn and snarky on occasion, but prefers to keep to herself.. As a child, she was kind, loving and caring, but losing her mother has made her shut down. Cassie has bit of a temper, which is very short, very fiery and sometimes very violent. She doesn’t like to be called a coward.

Other Personalities: Cassandra loves to climb, dance (when no one is watching), ride and run. She doesn’t like to be a called a coward, has a bit of a problem with authority, and can’t stand it when someone thinks they’re ‘it’. She’s good at fighting, but prefers not to. Is also good at riding, climbing and dancing (but that’s a secret). She’s fast on her feet, but bad at long-range combat, preferring close-quarters. Cassie is a decent with the sword, and can just pass at good with the bow (even if she tends to not hit the target most of the time). She used to do Fencing and Archery as an after-school activity, even if she wasn’t very good at Archery. She can also cook, but may burn the food. Cassie doesn't like to talk about her mother and will often shut people out when they ask, and then go off on her own. But never for long. She does like company, but not always human (or demigod) company.

Brief history: Cassie has had a relatively normal life. Her mother, who was a waitress, has recently died. Cassie tries not to show it, but she’s really upset. She never did like the company of others, and was a bit of a loner. Then she was found by a Satyr and told she was a Demigod. She didn’t believe him at first, but then the usual happened. Boy, was she surprised. She’s recently arrived at camp so she's never been on a quest.

Up for love: Sure.

Other: Her mother gave her a necklace for her 16th birthday:
Spoiler! :
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:06 pm
Funkymomo says...

AAHHH! OMG! I'm totally joining. Wow, that was really cliche'd excitement, but I'm still joining.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:59 pm
Amfliflier says...

I want a person! I'm not sure if I'll get two people, but if I do, I'll favor one over the other, and one might be a joke so... I want at least one of them to be a child of Apollo. :)
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:09 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Female child of Athena.
Name: Devnee Grey
Parents: Seth Grey and Athena
Appearance: Stormy grey eyes tan skin long white blond hair more often then not has her hair up tall and athletic has scars on her back and arms from a run in with a hellhound
Picture: I can't find one at the moment.
Personalities: Sweet, sassy, extremely intelligent, she is very good at inspiring people, has a very sarcastic sense of humor, and has a slight anger problem.
Other Personalities: Likes: Singing, drawing, reading, fighting, gymnastics, owls, her sword, her knife, nd being herself. Dislikes: Not being able to fight, and being caged in. Strengths: Is a very good friend and person in general, is very helpful, can speak Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish and German fluently and will not leave anyone behind. Weaknesses: Has a very quick temper , when she snaps she will walk off and refuse to talk to anyone or she bottles it up until she can let it out when she fights, and she refuses to talk to anyone about her insomnia even when it gets really bad.
Brief history: She has been at the camp for 11 years, her mortal family wants nothing to do with her, and she has been on 3 quests so far.
Up for love: Yes.
Other: She is an extreme insomniac and when she can't sleep she'll read or draw. Her dyslexia isn't as bad as the others. She always wears a leather necklace with a silver owl that her father said that Athena gave to her when she was born it never leaves her neck unless for a shower. She is always humming or singing whether under her breath, in her head, or out loud.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:44 pm
Sunshine says...

Yeah! Thanks guys! Scarlett, I don't remember Cassandra dying. We planed for her to but she never did. So you can re-use her if you want. I'll post my files tommorow I have a B-ball game tonight!
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:26 pm
Mazzi says...

Spot saver for undecided?
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:44 pm
Funkymomo says...

Name: Savannah Victoria

Parents: Zeus and Margaret Victoria

Appearance: She’s tall and athletic and has long strait blond hair.
Spoiler! :
images-16.jpeg
images-16.jpeg (11.79 KiB) Viewed 1610 times

Personalities: She’s very friendly and talkative. She’s shy around boys sometimes. She’s a loyal friend but likes to hold grudges, and likes to fight. Sports are very important to her and she loves to exercise. She’s not girly and loves to trick Aphrodite girls into thinking they look horrible. She's very competitive, but won't be a bad sport if she loses.

Other Personalities: Likes: Fighting, talking, sports, yellow. Dislikes: Swimming, makeup, blue, and flirting.

Brief history: Lived with her mom her whole life, her mom never got married. They lived in Florida, which is ironic because of Savannah’s fear of water. She stared attending Camp half blood when she was 11.

Up for love: yes

Other: She laughs at over-dramatic people.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:40 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Ani James

Parents: Poseidon and Lucy James

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
This without the eye makeupImage

Ani has natural, pin straight, fiery red hair that goes down to the bottom of her back (she's never cut it in her life). Her eyes are a beautiful, shining grey and blue that will end up dark and stormy looking when she gets mad. Her skin is rather pale, despite the fact that she spends her days at the beach. She is never seen with makeup on, and if she is, there's usually someone around with a clawed face.

Personalities: Ani is a pretty serene, go with the flow kind of girl. She's pretty peaceful, she's a peace maker, and she is very loving and hippie like. Ani is most likely expected to be calm, and will even be seen breaking out into random dancing, but she can get angry in a flash and can get pretty viscious.

Other Personalities: Likes - The ocean/water, swimming, the smell of the ocean, rain, salt, fish, dancing, sunshine, boats, going fishing
Dislikes - Having to be away from water for to long, pollution, dying animals, getting sick after being in the water or in the rain to long, Make-up (believes in the natural look), flyinh
Strengths - Swimming, dancing, good with ocean animals, can hold her breath for a long time
Weaknesses - Looses her temper kind of easily, her immune system isn't the best, gets a lot of colds, looses it when she gets on a plane

Brief history: Ani's mom, Lucy, got married when Ani was eight to Jacob Carmichael. Ani has lived near the ocean, literally, thet have a house on the beach, for her entire life. Lucy raised her Ani sort of like a hippie, like herself, and to love everything. Lucy is rarely seen away from water, she has been going to this camp for three years, and she's never been on a quest.

Up for love: Sure

Other: None
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:16 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

I'm in again! haha I'll just paiste my profile up here ^^ gimme a sec!
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:21 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

I'm in! Just give me until Thurs. to post my profile.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:25 am
MilkNCookies says...

Ok... I tried to change it back for 5 days now, and it wouldn't let me. I finally got it!

Name: Tree (That's her name.)

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Is that OK? I feel like I'll be able to move more like this. It's what I found when I googled Dryad. Her shirt and skirt are real plants that are alive.

Campers: N/A

Personality: Tree is kind but wary of everyone. He likes to observe before attacking. For instance, she's been watching the camp for the past year to see who would like her and who would hurt her. She can walk from her tree for short times(like, a few hours) before she needs to return. As I was saying, she's nice if you can get her to trust you.

Other: lives in the forest and can talk to trees.
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:27 am
Roadnevertravelled says...

Awesome! I'll use my old profile, just a little different.

Name: Regan "Re" O'Neill
Parents: Shawn O'Neill, Athena

Appearance: Regan is kind of tall, 5'10, with long brown hair and gray-blue eyes. She has high cheekbones and always seems slightly superior and angry. She has an athletic build. She doen't have any scars from monsters even though she's been in many fights.
Spoiler! :
images 15-51-50.jpeg
images 15-51-50.jpeg (5.19 KiB) Viewed 1555 times

Personalities: She is very defiant and tough. She doesn't make friends well. She has fast reaction time, even faster then most demigods, and only fights with a sword. If her pride is hurt in any way she will pick a fight with the person. She won't team up unless forced to. She uses logic and reasoning a lot when she's fighting, and can think through tough situations. The only person in the world she really loves is her father.

Other Personalities: She is very smart, as most Athena kids are. She's very focused and often corrects people in her head. She likes being right, reading, and being alone. She hates giggling, being wrong, and strawberries.

Brief history: Has been on her own for six years now. On her way to camp she met some monsters and defeated them, making her want to stay on her own and not go to camp. When she visited her father this year, he convinced her to go one summer at the camp to see if they could teach her anything.
Up for love: yes
Other: She doesn't have any special necklace or anything to remember her dad by. She just thinks about what he would say in a situation, or calls him to talk to him. She hates when people are superstitious or have good luck charms.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:59 am
ForsakenAngel says...

ok, so here, if there's anything wrong in here, just point it out, i just paisted!

Name: Kassie White

Parents: God: Zeus Mortal: Sophia White

Appearance:Kass isn't the tallest girl here, but she's not dramatically short. Her eyes are light blue, and the way she moves makes her seem weak and useless. She walks with a grace that not many girls her age have. She isn't much for long flowey dresses (or so she makes it seem) or heels. She loves her old jeans and long sleave shirts, no matter how hot it might get.
Spoiler! :

Personalities: Don't let her appearance fool you, she's very strong and couragous, and she's not afraid to speak her mind when it comes to something serious. Other than that, she doesn't talk much. She loves to be challanged and she's wise for her age-- very dangerous enemy that you would want on your side. She's very loyal to her friends, and, even though she's the daughter of the king of Gods, she's not as prideful as most people think she should be. She loves the thought of being different, but sometimes she just feels the urge to be surrounded by something that's not inhuman. Though she isn't too proud, she walks with a grace that speaks against those words, and she's very graceful when it comes to fighting, or even standing. Most girls envy her beauty, though she isn't sure why.

Other Personalities: She likes being the daughter of the king of the Gods, but sometimes she wishes she could be normal and have a real family--someone she knew loved her rather than using her. She doesn't see herself the way any guy would--she doesn't see herself as a beautiful young woman. She sees a warrior like her father--a girl who doesn't care for looks.

Brief history: Kassie hasn't been in the camp for long, so she doesn't know most people, thus she sleeps with one eye open--though she isn't so sure why she's like that. Her mortal family always knew there was something different about her, and knew she was better than what she always believed. Though she's new in camp, she's learning pretty quikly.

Up for love: Yes

Other: She has had this since she was born, and isn't quite sure wogave it to her, but she loves it. It reminds her to take a minute when she doesn't know what to do, and simply breathe. It helps he keep so calm so she doesn't freak out like she would love to do.
Spoiler! :
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

A beautiful funeral doesn't guarantee Heaven.
— Haitian Proverb