z

Young Writers Society

Metal Hearts (starting, not accepting)

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:09 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I managed to program his brain so that he can operate any vehicle. Helicopters, planes, jeeps, cars, anything

I really don't think that we should add programs to our robot people in the middle of the story. Like, we shouldn't do it because that way we'll be able to et through anything without problem because all we have to do is add a program. And this wasn't on your profile so...I don't think you should say that. There are supposed to be complications in a story, otherwise it will never get anywhere and it will die. So maybe you shold edit this part out
Live, Love, Laugh

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:10 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

Well than can he drive any car? We need a driver. :?
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

84 Reviews

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:16 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I'm sure that you could make it so that he already knows how. Perhaps he tried to get away in a car before so knows how to drive a bit. I don't know. Be creative
Live, Love, Laugh

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:27 pm
Dragonette says...

You don't have to be robotically programed to drive a car. And he doesn't have to already know how, we can all learn, it should be a fun experience. But, like fiction said, he shouldn't be programed to do it.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:41 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

Alright, I'll change it.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

30 Reviews

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:36 pm
Dragonette says...

Ahhhh! This is dying! I let it go for now, since I'm on vacation (cause I can't do much myself), but when I get home I am whipping you peoples back into shape!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:38 pm
MilkNCookies says...

It's dying? I didn't know that. it's reviewing day... I don't think many people are posting on it today.XD
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

30 Reviews

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:53 am
Dragonette says...

>It's time to bring this thing back to life!<

Kaiter~

"So, where do I drive to?" Eli asked.

I shrugged, "We need to cover as much ground as possible. Why don't you start heading that way." I pointed to the distance.

Eli nodded and turned the key. With a painful groan, the engine started. A roaring noise filled our ears as we lurched forward, but then we stopped suddenly with the squealing of wheels. "Sorry," Eli mumbled. He pressed on the pedal again but the car headed toward a rack of beat up bicycles and Eli slammed on the brakes again. Adrian's head smacked the back of my seat at the sudden stop. There was an "Ouch" followed by another "Sorry" and Eli spun the wheel sharply to the right to avoid the bike rack. With a press of the pedal, the vehicle veered sharply to the right and then... kept spinning right.

"I'm going to get sick," Lily said, clutching her stomach as we spun in circles.

"Woohoo!" Cy yelled. I just sat in the front seat and laughed. I thought this was hilarious.

"Let go of the wheel!" Gretel yelled as we continued to spin in tight circles. Eli's hand flew up in a "surrender" position and he pulled his foot from the gas, and the car straightened out. Cautiously, Eli gripped the steering wheel and gently pushed on the gas pedal. The car moved forward slowly and Eli straightened it out. We moved along the cleared strip smoothly.

"I did it!" Eli shouted in success. But even as he said the words, the engine made a loud popping noise ans smoke started coming up from the front. The grinding engine noise died and the car stopped.

We all opened the doors and walked out. "You killed Rachel!" Adrian cried.

"Rachel?" I looked at her. She nodded and patted the car. Eli and I rolled our eyes.

Gretel, in her older form, popped open the front and was indulged in fumes. We rushed up to her side. "I think I can fix it," she said. When the smoke cleared away, I looked down at the car parts and felt a familiarity. It probably had something to do with the fact that I was made up of oil and metal too, so we probably had some similarities. Maybe we could fix this thing.

>I made a club for our storybook! Link~ page.php?id=976 <
Last edited by Dragonette on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:49 am
Eniarrol says...

Gretal

"Honestly Eli, I can fix it" Eli had rushed towards the car, trying to act all he-manish.

"No, No I can do it" He fiddled around with some gadget and oil spurted in his face.

I pushed him aside and started connecting wires and checking the water, the engine spurted into life.

"How..?" Lily asked but the engine drowned her out as Eli climbed in again and started to drive, if you could call it that.
A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing.

~Previously SweetMoments

84 Reviews

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:16 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Gia:

We hiked through the trash trying to find our way back.

"This is what happens when people interfere." I grumbled to myself.

Clearing my throat, I spit on the ground.

When we came to a a point where there were several ways to go, I stopped "Which way do you think we should go?"

*sorry it's short*
Live, Love, Laugh

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:01 am
Eniarrol says...

Gretal This seems dead let bring it to life!

"Eli how long has it been now?" I stared absent mindedly out the window at the ever-growing piles of trash covering the dump.

"Wait whats that?!" Lily suddenly blurted.

"What!" I strambled over to her side of the car, accidently elbowing Kaitar who snarled and looked over to where Lily was staring wide eyed.

"I don't..." I started but my sentance trailed off as I saw the flickering images dancing before my eyes, all of the group and wait who are they? I blinked several times, my eye lids seemed to be growing heavy, They seemed vaguely familiar, maybe from the lab? No, no, that didn't seem right. Maybe they where relatives or-or friends?

I felt hands shaking my shoulders.
"Stop it! Stop it!" I mumbled blinking at the glaring light above me. "Such a lovely dream-a lovely dream"

"Gretal, wake up!" Lily's voice rung in my head making me open my eyes fully, only now noticing the blood seeping out of my hand and the wreck of a car behind us.

"Eli?" I looked exspectingly at him, honestly how can you crash a car with nothing to crash into?
A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing.

~Previously SweetMoments

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
— Mark Twain