z

Young Writers Society

Bulletproof Hearts ~ (Full|Started)

Reviews: 1
Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:07 am
AEROSMITH says...

Is it okay if I join as a girl? It's okay if you say no. If you would prefer I join as a guy I'll just change this.

Name: Joy Sanders

Appearance:(Picture/Written)
Spoiler! :

Joy has brunette hair that has a small tint of red in it. It's cut into layers with bangs that swoop over her eyes. (If you look closely you can see this in the picture too) Her eyes are a mixture of greens. On the part of the iris closest to the pupil, her eyes are a very soft green color and have little flecks of hazel in them. On the outer part of the iris, closest to the whites of the eye, the light green is rimmed by a grass green color. Joy has a very soft skin tone and clear complection. She is normally seen wearing her rainbow eyeshadow and pink lipstick (as displayed in the picture). She is five feet eight inches, taller than most girls, and average weight.

Personality: (Include Strengths /Weaknesses) Joy is pretty much the definition of her name. She's always happy and believes everything happens for a reason. She's pretty much a take what ever life throws at you kind of girl. She's extremely outgoing and is always seen with a smile on her face. She's great at cheering people up and making people smile and laugh. She's completely okay with making fun of herself and having other people make fun of her, because she believes that you have to be able to laugh at yourself. Her father was a cop so she knows some basic defense moves and she is also quick on her feet, a great runner, flexible, and great at heading straight towards danger without flinching. hesitating, or even thought. She has a hyper active disorder so she's a chatterbox and is always excited about something. But she's not all that good at fighting yet.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes-She loves to sing (even though she's not the best at it), dance, make people smile/laugh, goof off, talk, be with her friends/"family". She's pretty much happy with anything life throws at her.
Dislikes-Nothing really, except when people start really coming down on her, then she gets a upset and will go off by herself for hours just wandering around

Flaws: She has hyper acive disorder and isn't all that great at fighting yet

Other: Up for love, has a small scar on her right hand, but it's nothing much, just a burn from when she was younger. She has recently learned how to play the harmonica and is a great percussion player and can be found playing on anything she can find. (Beware, if you pass a music store she will scream at you until you let her go in, then she'll hound the owner until they let her play on the drums or kick her out. Beware #2, she can spend hours in a music store, so always have something to get her attention away from it when you pass one or if you're already in there you going to need an inticment to get her out)
Spoiler! :
Her harmonica...touch it and she'll most likely attack youImage She keeps it in a red velvet case in her pocket

History: Joy was an only child raised by her dad. Her mother died when she was three years old, from cancer, so Joy doesn't even remember her. She was very involved in music and dance her whole life both because she loved it so much and her police officer dad needed to put her somewhere while he was working. When he died, she locked herself in the house for three days, not letting anyone or anything in. But when she heard social security was coming she ran. She was found in the woods by her new 'family' and is the newest addition to the group (also why she isn't good at fighting yet)
Check out my novel, "You're-"
novel.php?id=788

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:38 pm
Winchester says...

Selena Kelly|Gas station|

I leant against the car, knowing that Demmy would kill me if he saw it, well not kill me, well hurt, and not kill.
He wouldn’t notice anyway, he was too busy eyeing up some girl in the gas station.
He looked at me and mimed one word,
“Strike”
He didn’t even notice I was leant against the car; I rolled my eyes at him and mouthed at him to hurry up.
He paid for gas and then came out.
“You are so immature sometimes ya’know?” I said to him, he just smiled in reply.
It was then when the Truck and car pulled up, I saw Milae give me an evil look, and I still hadn’t got to the bottom of why that was.
Koda stepped out of the truck, “Were we heading now?” He asked.
I thought,
“Library, See if we can find anything that’s worth checking out?”
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:04 pm
Apple says...

Demvian "Demmy" Ludwig:

Man did that chick have long legs. As I stepped into the driver's side of Betsy, ignoring Selena's protests, I tried to catch a last glimpse of the broad buying candy bars. Selena jumped in beside me, looking back at the others still crammed into their vehicles. I felt sorry for all of us, we had been driving non-stop for days just to get to the stupid library that was rumoured to be full of creepy crawlies. I gulped as I pushed the car into drive, I just hope they were just that, rumours.

I brought the car to a stop just outside of the gothic library. Steeples rose into the sky making it look more like an ancient church then anything else. Nervously I grabbed onto my cross, muttering something under my breath. Selena punched my shoulder and laughed.

"You're such a baby, nothing is going to happen so don't sweat!" she said, flicking her hair behind her back. "And anyway, didn't you hear what that old man said, it was just a rumour."

"You know you always say that but I remember last time we did end up coming face to face with a banshee who really did not like me! She threatened to take my ear for God's sake!" I retorted pushing myself back into the leather upholstery. If only me and Betsy could just stay back while everyone else went to see what was happening.

Selena grabbed onto my ear and pursed her lips like older women do when they see a baby. They were like warriors those women, just waiting for their chances to strike an unsuspecting cradle.

"But you still have it!"

"Just barely!" I replied, opening the door and stepping into the muggy air. The chevy truck and little red car came to stop just beside Betsy. I glanced over my shoudler to see Selena using the roof to hoist herself out. I gasped in horror as her finger tips slicked against the new wax job I had given the car before we left.

"Selena!" With a start, the leader girl collapsed to the ground, cursing my very name.

"What is wrong with you? I didn't do anything!" I grabbed onto a rag sitting in my back pocket, ignoring what she had just said, and began to wipe at the mess, making baby noises in the back of my throat. No one got near my car, Selena could yes but she could not destory my paint job! Khoda, Jake and Lana all got out of the chevy truck, their hair ruffled.

"Are you guys ready to get moving?" Jake asked, pushing his guitar under the seat just in case someone wanted to steal it; he was so worried about his guitar. All of them were, that instrument was like their fad! Maybe that's why all three got on so well.

Khoda slung the largest of his three guitars over his shoulder. "Or are we going to spend all day watching you wax your car again?"

Jo, Jane and Joy pulled themselves out, glancing up at the old library.

"Finally we're here!" Joy shouted, practically throwing herself at the feet of the enterance. Jane glanced around, her eyes warily narrowed as if she thought something was wrong. Man I hated that look, she was usually right when she got her gut feeling.

Jo pushed her hair away from her face and began to walk towards it. "No time like today, c'mon, lets get this over and done with!"
I spy!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:18 pm
Dragonette says...

Milae Jo

I hoped out of the drivers seat of our red car and looked up at the creepy looking library. The black truck pulled up beside me and everyone piled out. When Jules stepped out, I walked over to him. "Looks pretty creepy, eh?" he said.

I shrugged, "Nobody could get near us. Escpecially you, I've seen you slay multipule spirits in your day, you've got to be one of the best. Although I could defend myself, I think I'll stay near you." He didn't smile but I could tell he enjoyed the complement.

The first thing I noticed when I stepped in the library, was the silence. I know librarys were suppose to be quiet, but this one was quiet because it was lacking people. It's been like that ever since the disease, people were scarce everywhere you went. But the building wasn't completely empty. Almost right away I caught sight of a boy my age picking through the science-fiction section. I left Koda's side and walked up to him.

I walked up right beside him, pretending to be looking for a book that just happend to be where he was looking. I guess he finally found his book because he pulled a thick novel from the shelf and turned on his heel. Not wanting him to leave, I quickly said, "So, you like science fiction? That's one of my favorite section." I lied.

He smiled, "Yeah, my favorite is "Our Metal Hearts."

I nodded, pretending to agree with him. I would have happily stayed by his side and chatted, but, just then, I was called over by my family.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:41 pm
Kaywiia says...

Jane West

"There's something wrong here." I said after a minute, looking around at the vast rows of books. I noticed Jo over talking to a boy. She was so pathetic, not even realizing that all guys could ever do was hurt people. I almost walked over to her to ask her what she was thinking, then decided not to ruin some personal entertainment.

"How do you know?" Demmy asked, looking at me with a raised eyebrow. The way he asked wasn't rude, but I hated when people questioned me. Alex had never questioned me; I was always right in his eyes. We had never argued. We had been best friends and so much more. Then again, he had turned out to be the worst in the end. At least Demmy was civilized, even if he did annoy the crap out of me, he was sort of likeable. To other people. Not to me.

"The same way I know you're a girl obbsessed man-slut. It's pretty obvious." If the silence hadn't been deafining, I imagined the others would have laughed. Still, I saw a smile cross Selena's face. I wasn't sure if she thought what I said was funny or the way it was said. Blut and to the point. Everything was better that way. Beating around the bush never got you anywheere, because you always just got lost in the woods or caught in the thorns.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Demmy shoot me a dirty look for my comment, and my fingers automatically went to my pocket that held my P-99. I don't know why, but any time any guy looked at me too long my automatic instict was to reach for my gun. It was Alex's fault. If he hadn't gotten drunk I wouldn't have had to shoot him, and we would still be living- Shut up, Jane, it's over and done.

A moment later, they called Jo over. Lovely.

I would have been fine if she had stayed over there.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:59 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Koda Jules:

A sudden chill ran over my spine and I started to feel really cold.

"Damn it." I muttered.

I had really hoped this place would be ghost free. I spent all morning watch Demmy wax his freaking car. I was so not in the mood for this right now.

I saw a silohuette of a girl holding..oh crap! She's got a knife! Where do you get a knife in a library?

Quickly looking over at my family, I started drifting towards the girl. My arms and legs started to feel as if they were freezing. No one else ever seemed to get cold around ghosts, but for some reason I did.

The girl with the knife was looking right at me as I came closer. Her faded blue eyes bore down on me as a slowly approached.

I began to slowly open and close my fingers, trying to keep them from freezing up. If we were going to fight I would need my hands.

My guess is that one of them noticed I was doing it, because I heard them all get quiet and I felt their eyes on me.

I still had the girls eyes locked with mine, which I intended to keep that way. I didnt want her to hurt one of them.

*Hope this is okay. I would go further, but I'm not sure how we're supposed to "kill" the ghosts, so I'll let someone else continue.*
Live, Love, Laugh

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:45 pm
Dragonette says...

Milae Jo~

I walked over to where everyone was standing. Jane threw me a spiteful look and I raised my eyebrows in return. Don't know what her problem is. As I got closer, I noticed that everyone was looking intently at something in front of them. When I peaked over, I saw Dem walking slowly towards a dangerous looking girl. His muscles were flexed and he looked tense and ready to fight. I slipped my knife silently out of my boot and started backing away, trying to draw myself as little attention as possible while I snuck around behind the ghost.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:12 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

When we pulled up to the library, I got out of the truck and we headed in. Man, this place was creepy. It was quiet. Too quiet. Although, that was probably because 3/4 of the U.S just died. Anyway, I start to head toward the history section. I look through book titles, looking for I don't know what. Man, this is boring. I look over and see that everyone is approaching a girl with a knife in her hand. Actually, a ghost with a knife in it's hand. I throw back the book in my hand and try to get behind the ghost.

Sorry it's so short, I'm going up north all weekend and I have to go.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

84 Reviews

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:44 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Koda Jules:

I started noticing everyone approaching the ghost, and her eyes started flickering from my eyes to theirs.

No! They're going to ruin it all! She's goin to hurt them!

In a sudden rush of OCD, I lunged for the ghost, wrestling the knife from her hand.

Her touch was so cold it burned my skin. One arm rest on my chest, pushing down so it was hard to breath. Her oter hand pressed the knife to my throat.

Letting out a small cry of agony I flipped over, pinning her to the ground. The kife flew towards my chest and sliced my white shirt open as well as causing blood to start running down my chest, staining the once starch white shirt.

Repressing a cry, I crushed my arm against her neck and ripped the knife from her hand.

Quickly, before I could give it another thought, I lifted my arm and stabbed the knife through her chest. She gasped and then she was gone, the knife sticking straight up from the carpeted ground.

Pulling the knife from its place I stood. My chest burned and it would probably scar, but at least none of them got hurt. I was able to save them from her.

I felt tears start to well up in my eyes, so without looking at anyone I strode back out to the truck.

Pulling off the now red shirt I draped it over the side of the truck and grabbed my bag from the back. I was about to put on another shirt, but figure it wouldn't make sense since I was still bleeding. As my family started coming out I blinked back the tears and attempted to wipe off the blood with the soiled shirt.
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 1
Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:50 am
View Likes
AEROSMITH says...

Joy:

I watched very carefully as Jules fought the ghost girl. When he stood up, blood blooming on his shirt like a rose, I noticed tears begin to well up in his eyes. He looked down at the ground and took quick, long strides out the library door.

We checked out the library for another few minutes, just to make sure there weren't anymore ghosts. When we found none we went back out to the cars.

Jules looked up at us and then continued to mop off the blood from his chest.

Opening the car door I started rummaging through my bag. Pulling out some bandages I skipped over to Jules and began to wrap his wound. He looked at me a little strangely, but his eyes thanked me.

When I was done and he was taped up he pulled out his wallet.

"Empty." He muttered.

Looking up, he announced "Selena, Lana, we need to get some money."
Check out my novel, "You're-"
novel.php?id=788

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:46 am
Apple says...

Demvian "Demmy" Ludwig: (Are we still going with this guys?)

I blinked at the doors of the library. Was that it? I couldn't help but frown as I fell into the front seat, keeping the door open so I could catch a breather. It wasn't any good anyway, the air smelt so bad I might as well have been in a junkyard. Selena collapsed next to me, flicking sweat from her brow.

"Ehhh!" I shouted loudly trying to catch the sweat before it fell though failed.

"Oh shut up would you, it's just a car!" she retorted.

I glanced at the others. Everyone seemed to tired to say anything. I wanted to go over to Jules to see what was wrong but I couldn't help but think I'd just look like a giant douche. Hey bro, you wanna a hug? What ever was bugging him, I don't think a simple punch in the shoulder would fix it and as I was bad with other people's feelings, I didn't know what to say. I grabbed at the cross around my neck, and crossed my heart.

"Do you want to go to a diner?" I asked Selena. She nodded and kicked off her shoes, massaging her feet. I opened my mouth to say something but the way she glared daggers at me I knew she'd probably do worse. It wouldn't have been the first time.

"What ever, I'm just starved!"

I poked my head out of the car and practically shouted at the others: "You guys want to get some food?"

"We got no money!" Jules shouted. Oh, right, I forgot...money. Jake strummed his guitar and sucked on his lip as if concentrating.

"Anyone want to place on an act like we did at that last town, you know how they practically chased us out because someone, Joy, almost set the barn on fire!" I said. Joy spun on her heels and grinned widely.

"No way, I'm not doing that again," Jo said, stopping by the door of our car. I looked up through the sun at her. The sun caught her brown hair and seemed make her face radiate.

"Well what do you suggest we do because there is something growling in the driver's seat and that's no tiger, its Demmy's stomach!" Selena said quickly. I glanced up at Jane who was sipping from her water bottle. She seemed to be still looking at the doors of the library as if she to thought there was something more to it.
I spy!

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:28 pm
Winchester says...

I thought for a moment,

"There has to be some kind of club somewere to get a gig" I said,

"I didn't see any driving in" Demmy said.

I reasted my head on the car seat. I reallt didn't know what to do.

"I have a really crazy idea..." I announced.

"What?" I heard Koda from the truck.

I explained how this town hadn't been hit hard with the desese and how there would be quite a lot of people around.

"A Flashmob?" Demmy asked.

"No, well yes...I think we have a microphone, and Koda has a amp I think." I said.

We all decided that it was the best idea, and headedinto town, I was still kinda phased over from the libary, Jules had just fought her head on, I has seen him the cut, and wanted to see if he was alright but we was already on the move.

We arrived at the town center, it was what you would call 'packed' compered to some places.

I walked over to Jules who was setting up an amp.

"You Okay?" I asked.

He looked down on me, though we was both crouched down at the side of each other he was still so much taller than me.

"Yea, I'm fine" He said.

I didn't know what to say, but he stood up as I did.

"That was really brave what you did Jules, I couldn't of done that, those things are hard to take down." I said, then somewhat nervously I hugged him, and walked away, over to Demmy who had a smirk on his face.

"Well then, What was that?" He asked.

"What?"

"You hugging Koda, You never hug people." He said.

"I don't hug you you mean," I said sarcasticly, trying to hide my red cheeks.

"You like him don't you?, You really like him" He said with a proud face.

I replied a pathetic no, but it didn't work I had always been crap when I came to lying about boys.

"I don't even think he likes me, so what does it matter" I said.

"Well, he learned that song you was on about...the Disenchanted one."

"What? I didn't even ask him to learn it, I didn't even think he liked that kind of music!" I said.

Demmy just shrugged his shoulders, and I heard the begining of the song I had only recently learned to stop crying over, and just sing...(I had never sung it at one of the shows though) it was called Disenchanted, and I could not belive he had learned it.

I looked at Jules and he just smiled at me, and I grabbed the mic.

p.s (Fiction, If don't want anything to happen, don't worry) And if anyone has any other songs for this it would be pretty cool this is Disenchanted if anyone was wondering. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6JansGfpf4
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

84 Reviews

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:35 pm
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

Koda Jules:

As Selena talked to Demmy, I finished up with the amp, and began to softly play Disenchantment, the song I had learned for Selena.

She looked at me with shock on her face and I gave her a smile in reply and nodded towards the microphone as I began to play a little louder.

People quieted down and their eyes were on us.

Selena took a breath and started the song with me filling in the back-ups

Well I was there on the day
They sold the cause for the queen,
And when the lights all went out
We watched our lives on the screen.
I hate the ending myself,
But it started with an alright scene.

It was the roar of the crowd
That gave me heartache to sing.
It was a lie when they smiled
And said, "you won't feel a thing"
And as we ran from the cops
We laughed so hard it would sting

Yeah yeah, oh

If I'm so wrong (so wrong, so wrong)
How can you listen all night long? (night long, night long)
Now will it matter after I'm gone?
Because you never learn a goddamned thing.

You're just a sad song with nothing to say
About a life long wait for a hospital stay
And if you think that I'm wrong,
This never meant nothing to ya

I spent my high school career
Spit on and shoved to agree
So I could watch all my heroes
Sell a car on tv
Bring out the old guillotine
We'll show 'em what we all mean.

Yeah yeah, oh

If I'm so wrong (so wrong, so wrong)
How can you listen all night long? (night long, night long)
Now will it matter long after I'm gone?
Because you never learn a goddamned thing.

So go, go away, just go, run away.
But where did you run to? And where did you hide?
Go find another way, price you pay

Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah

This never meant nothing to ya, come on

At all, at all, at all, at all

Finishing the last few notes of the song, I walked up to Selena I brushed her purple and black hair away from her face and leaned down, kissing her softly on the cheek.

She looked up at me with surprise in her eyes, but then her face spread into a smile.

*Hope this is okay*
Live, Love, Laugh

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:17 pm
Kaywiia says...

Jane

I hated sentiments. I had ever since Alex had died/been shot. Watching Koda kiss Selena made me want to punch someone, and I suddenly felt bad for anyone standing near me. I hated the feeling I to any time I saw two people happy together. Maybe it was jealousy, in a sense, and longing for- Shut up Jane, you’re so pathetic.

A part of me was happy I had no musical talent. Another part of me wished I could be helpful somehow. I looked around the room. I knew what I was looking for. Middle age, rich, drunk. I found a target halfway across the room. Putting a swagger into my step, I walked up and sat down next to him.

“Hello there,” I said in my sweetest voice, “why I just love this singer, don’t you.”

“Whatsingerwhatyatalkingabout?” The man’s speech slurred and I smile. I faked a little laugh and scooted closer to him. I could see his wallet sticking out of his pocket.

“Hey I forgot my money would you mind getting a drink for me?” I pouted and the man let out a chuckle. He pulled his wallet out and put it on the counter. He took out a ten and then looked over to where the bartender was. I picked up the wallet and walked away.

It was as easy as taking candy from a baby.

I searched out Demmy and walked up to him, holding the wad of cash up where he could see it (I had left the rest of the wallet and its contents on an empty table).

“There’s like seventy something bucks here. I think we’ll be set for a while.” I gave him a grin.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:29 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

Sorry, but I haven't had enough time to go on lately, and I can't keep up, so I'm dropping out. Sorry :(

But if you want I can die in a truck accident or something of that matter. Or I could have a brain aneurism. It doesn't matter, I just can't keep up.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

In the past I would definitely say who you would find inside. Not so much today. Place is bonkers …. As is everywhere
— Greg Specter