z

Young Writers Society

Run with the Pack

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:10 pm
Stori says...

It's been one of those days. Nothing seems to go right- especially when you suddenly morph into a wolf.

Now you're on the run with nowhere to go. You join up with a pack of werewolves and must establish a place for yourself.

*Rules*
1. Don't bother with a profile; just post your name and age.
2. I'm sure wolf language is rife with swear words, but please, try not to use 'em.
3. Don't post any gristly details about your recent kills.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:24 pm
SisterItaly says...

Jada - Age 18

Mondays. Not my favorite day of the week. College work was piling up, summer break was so soon. I turned to Cathy and started walking backwards as we talked. The sun was actually shining, not usual for our weather. We were talking about the upcoming English Exam.

A sudden wave of nausea came over me, causing me to stop walking and wrap my hands around my stomach. I looked up to Cathy, alert and afraid.
"Jada? Jada!? What's wrong?"
"I-I don't... Ah!"

I shouted in pain and dropped to my knees. It felt like every shred of my being was on fire. I opened my eyes to see the blurry image of my nails growing longer.
"C-Cathy, what's happening to me?!" I exclaimed.

When I looked up, she was running away. Screaming. With a final fiery push it was done. I looked down at myself to see fur, from there I just ran. Towards the woods. I wasn't going to stop for anything.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:25 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Marie - Age 19

Tonight was the night. Finally after years of waiting, Marie would be allowed to change for the first time. The entire family was gathered out in the clearing only they knew about out in the forest just outside of the city. They all waited to see her, proud as the day she graduated high school as the first in the family. Lycanthropy ran in the family, after all.

Marie stood at the edge of the forest in her bare feet, old cut-off shirts, and a tank top. She took a deep breath and sprinted off into the trees. After an hour of running, she reached the treeline on top of the hill that would lead down into the clearing where her family waited. She lept, mid-stride, as she passed into the moonlight and her body seemed to change in a beautiful instant from human to wolf.

Of course, it didn't feel beautiful or to last only a small instant to Marie. Her entire body exploded in fire and pain as her bones moved and resized and fur flew from her skin.

She landed on four paws and continued to run down the slope to meet her family, all of those older than her were already transformed while those younger gathered on the other side of the clearing to watch. Her mother came to her and nuzzled her. "My dear daughter," she said. "I am so proud. It has long been that our family has been werewolves."

"Thank you, Mama," Marie said. "Are we going out to Uncle Jay's cabin now?"

"We are," Marie's father said, "but you aren't, Marie. You have to leave now."

"What?" Marie asked, shocked.

Marie's father was a huge wolf, the current alpha of their little family-pack, and hugely intimidating in his jet black fur and bright blue eyes. Marie was the spitting image of him, but nowhere near as intimidating. And she didn't wish to be.

"You can't be a part of this pack, Marie," he said. "You will have to find your own way."

"But cousin Cam was allowed to join the pack, and everyone before her too!" Marie argued. "Why do I have to leave?"

"None of your brothers were permitted to stay with the back either, Marie," he said. "My family is strong enough to have their own packs. Each of your brothers is the current alpha of his own pack, and I expect nothing less from you.You will leave tonight, and you will find your own pack."

Marie took a step back, staring at her family staring back at her. She felt betrayed, abandoned. Her own family didn't want her. She knew her brothers had left, but she had somehow expected differently for herself. She wasn't like her brothers; she was never a leader. But now her family was tossing her out like all her brothers. Marie took one final look at her family, turned, and ran into the woods.

*Lycanthropy is basically werewolfism, by the way*
Got YWS?

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:15 pm
Skorpionne says...

Magdalene - Age 16

Prey ahead. Muscles straining, kill soon. Prey tires. Kill soon. Kill soon.

It's hard to find the line between Magdalene and Wolf-Magdalene sometimes. We blend into one person when we hunt. In my wolf form, I let Wolf-Magdalene take the reins, but I can still feel myself in the backseat, analysing everything she sees with a critical eye.

The pounce is poorly executed, but suffices. I jump, my claw snags in the prey's tail, and it stumbles and falls.

I distract myself from the gore and gristle of my meal by focusing intently on a small green insect. Wolf-Magdalene finds it pointless. But then, isn't the idea that we're two seperate entities indefinate proof that I'm mad?

Of course, the idea that I change into a scrawny russet she-wolf is solid proof that I'm a bona-fide looney.

Wolf-Magdalene has smelt fresh prey. Her muscles tense in anticipation. Magdalene executes a mental sigh, and blends into the background.
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:37 pm
Cspr says...

Anderson--15

At some points, I seemed to forget I was human. Well, was human--or, perhaps, was still partially human. That especially counted when I landed, hard, on the back of another were.

A snarl ripped from my throat and wolf-me tossed the insignificant russet were away. "Mine." The voice was throatier, gruffer, and my eyes latched onto the white-tailed deer racing off. I bolted after it, leaving the russet wolf on its side.
My SPD senses are tingling.

47 Reviews

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:46 pm
Skorpionne says...

Magdalene - 16

I snarl, and scramble to my feet. Before I can process what's happened I'm after the other wolf, but there's plenty of time for thinking on the run.

Wolf-Magdalene is fuming over the defeat, and concentrating furiously on the chase. She knows it will be hard. The other wolf has the head start, and we've never been that fast. On the other hand, Magdalene is almost singing for joy. It's good to know that there's someone else like me. It's better just to see another wolf. Almost eight months of solitary wolfhood will do that to you.

I've almost caught up now, but I'm extremely tired. Rather than waste any more energy, I spring, and land a couple of centimetres short. But now I'm closer. I use my last drive of strenth to get ahead, then concentrate on staying there.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:30 pm
MilkNCookies says...

June-20

I crouched in the bushes. I would pounce on James, my twenty three year old best friend, and congratulate him, since he just got the girl of his dreams. He seemed... dejected, though. I decided to attack anyways.

"James!" I shrieked, rushing from the bushes. I jumped to congratulate him.

I landed with paws. Paws. And a muzzle, and fur. And I couldn't help it.

I bit him.

"June! What the hell!?" He asked. "w- WOLF!" he yelled. I looked around. His smell was pungent, a mix of beer and bad cologne. He seemed alarmed through my black-and-white vision.

"James! Help!" I cried. It came out as howls, barks, and snarls. I looked up to him, before making a bee line for the trees.

I come upon a pond, to see my albino wolf form. y\Yes, Albino; it's why I never shift. Fur as white as snow and haunting red eyes. I soon see a deer dart past, and a wolf close behind it. Just being myself, I tripped the wolf, giggling, before taking off for it myself. I can see the russet behind me, clearly surprised but determined. I glanced back, and grinned, though it looked like a snarl. I stopped short, letting her gain the lead.

Suddenly, something smashes into my side. it's the wolf i tripped.

"Hey!" I replied, as he took off. i jumped over him, almost tripping. Either way, the russet has a long lead. I snarl, taking wider strides. By God, I'm getting some of the deer.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

180 Reviews

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:26 pm
Cspr says...

Anderson--15

I growl, feeling the heat of anger rush through me. It was always so much stronger in wolf form. I let my stride go long, but there's no way I can keep up with the russet wolf. I barely manage to keep up with the weird pink-eyed, white wolf. How maddening. That was why being slighter was sometimes better, I suppose. And I was stocky, muscled.
Dang.

I watch as the russet wolf takes down the deer, getting its legs tangled and its neck to let out a crack. My ears prick at the sound and my mouth fills with saliva at the scent of blood.

I growl again and keep up a stiff pace, before waiting once I'm close enough. I glare at the female, the russet, and push at the albino to keep her away once she comes up. I don't really want to hurt either of them, but I'm hungry.
The extra pounds helped a little with keeping the albino at bay. But, heck, I was so tired I doubt it helped much. I'd been on the move for three days, only stopping to drink and, well, you know.

47 Reviews

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:22 pm
Skorpionne says...

Magdalene - 16

Oh good lord. I hate feeding in wolf form. Mainly because I'm a vegetarian when I'm human, but Wolf-Magdalene couldn't care less, so now I'm gorging myself on deer. The other two wolves hover in the background. I just ate, and this deer wasn't exactly fat, so I leave on the ground for them, and set about finding shelter. There's a breeze picking up. It already snakes it's cold fingers through my fur.

(Sorry, writers block.)

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:53 pm
MilkNCookies says...

June

I growl at the he-wolf. He was trying to keep me away from the kill... My Kill! I want it!I desperately tried to break from his blockage. he was so... aggravating. I dove around him, only to get my tail clamped and yanked back.

"She isn't even near the deer! Let me get some!" I growled to the wolf.

Writer's block as well.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

180 Reviews

Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:32 am
Cspr says...

Anderson--15

I growl, but release the she-wolf's tail. "Fine, but we split it 50-50. Or 60-40, seeing you're scrawny," I muttered. I shift and feel a hunger pang rush through me from my stomach outwards.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:06 pm
Stori says...

Travis- 14

My tongue lolled as I looked on. However, my amusement was short-lived as one of the she-wolves had scented me.

"What is this, a free-for-all?" she snarled.

I hunkered down to show her I meant no harm. "Forgive me. I'm just delighted to see fellow wolves again."

47 Reviews

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:51 pm
Skorpionne says...

Magdalene - Age 16

Belly full, I snooze on the dirt floor, ignoring the squabbles of the other wolves. My ears twitch occasionally, and I trust on my senses to alert me of an attack. There are more wolves than I reckoned on, and it makes Wolf-Magdalene feel uncomfortable, and Magdalene feel at home. I gradually begin to slide into a deeper sleep.

I awake soon after, and pad around the area, sniffing the air for potential prey. I can smell elk. A lot of them. I slip off to investigate. I was right, and it seems like a prime hunting opportunity. There's a lame female lagging at the back. I can't miss this opportunity, but some human shred makes me return to tell the other wolves.
"There are elk ahead. A lame female lags behind. She looks well-fed. I'm not passing this up; whoever wants to join me is welcome."

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:10 am
untameabletiger says...

Jaycelle(Jay) 14

Adrenalin coursed through my veins as a tearing sensation rippled over my slender body. it felt as if I was stripping my old body away. The pain turned to throbbing of my tense muscles and my rapid heartbeat was in my ears. Closing my eyes, I can remember one thing, I wanted the agony to end.

I felt the wind ruffling my snow white fur, which had a single strip of black that ran from my left eye down my tail, and opened my stunningly green eyes after a few blinks. Whats going on? I thought. But the question faded as soon as I saw the paws that were once my hands. "Werewolf." I whispered into the cold darkness of the forest. I couldn't remember how I got there or what i had done. I was lost.

I walked around for a while and thought. I always knew your first change would hurt but i didn't expect that much pain! What do I do? those thoughts kept finding there way into my head over and over again until I heard the crunching of leaves from steps one by one, cautiously.I couldn't move.
(anyone?)

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:43 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Marie - 19

Marie stood and shook out her jet black fur after resting in the dirt. She was unhappy with having to leave her family, but the bubbling warmth inside her of finally shifting for the first time did its best to mask it. So Marie carried on, walking through the forest, hoping to find more wolves to join.

After walking for some time, she came upon a young she-wolf that simply stared at her like a deer caught in headlights. She had the brightest white coat that Marie had ever seen, the wolves in her family were characteristically dark and she had never seen many other wolves. The she-wolf had a long strip of black down her body as well, reminding Marie of her oldest brother who had, in his wolf form, a white strip down his black face.

The she-wolf cowered back, attempting a pathetic growl to seem menacing. Marie chuckled and sat in the leaves, facing the she-wolf. "I won't hurt you," she said. "Now come on, calm down. How old are you, anyways?"

"Fourteen," the she-wolf said cautiously.

Marie tilted her head slightly to the side. "Really? That young? Hm, never heard of anyone shifting so young before. What territory does your pack hold?"

The she-wolf stared at her, confusion in her bright green eyes. This young Were didn't know what she was doing, or where she was. She may have had a pack somewhere, and they may have abandoned her like Marie's family, or maybe she had forgotten as an effect of the transformation.

"You had better stick with me for a while," Marie said. "You won't stand a chance out here on your own. A lot of lone wolves run these parts, and not all of them are the most...civil." She stood and stretched, digging her paws into the ground. "I'm Marie, by the way."

"My name's Jaycelle," the young she-wolf said, caution still in her voice. "Call me Jay."

"Alright, Jay. I had caught onto the scent of a bunch of elk up ahead, let's go before any others pick up on the scent," Marie said. She took off at a run into the forest, glancing back to be sure Jay was following. Sure enough she was, and for the first time Marie felt her father's Alpha blood in her veins.
Got YWS?

I will not condemn you for what you did yesterday, if you do it right today.
— Sheldon S. Maye