z

Young Writers Society

Switched up! - Musical Meltdown

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:05 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Switched Up!

What would Hairspray be like if Tracy wasn't there?
What would Grease be like without Sandy?
What would Mamma Mia! be like without Sky
What would Sweeny Todd be like without Judge Turpin.
But, what if they where somewhere else?

You
You're a character from a musical, any musical. You go to sleep one night and then wake up somewhere else, not anywhere but in a different musical. Will you find your way back without messing up how things are meant to be, or will it just be a trainwreck?

They have to find there way to a focal point something to take them back. It could be anything but that's what they're looking for.

Read this!
Spoiler! :
The character of your choice will wake up in another musical. I'll give and example. Danny(Grease) will wake up in 1960's Baltimore, and somehow has to find his way back. However, Penny(Hairspray) falls in love with him so doesn't fall for seaweed. So doesn't help them with the miss teenage Hairspray competition causing Amber to win and segregation become more imposing. That is an example but that is the general jist :)

The Usual YWS rules apply!

Character

It Can be any character!

Character profile
Spoiler! :
Character:
Musical:
Musical they wake up in:
Like/Dislies:
Other:
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:21 am
phantom of the potter says...

Oh, gosh! So many good ones to choose from! I'll DEFINATELY be taking a spot. Two if we need more characters (or if you'll let me... :D )
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

333 Reviews

Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:11 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Sure! You can have two!
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:14 am
GrantBlayfur says...

I...am actually on the edge of my seat right now. xD I love me a good musical...however, if everyone is in a different musical, how will most of the characters interact?

Character: Jack "Cowboy" Kelly (real name is Francis Sullivan)

Musical: Newsies

Musical they wake up in: I'll leave this blank for now, and see what other people say.

Personality: Fun-loving, loves a good fight. Mainly looks out for himself, but will defend his friends when he is called to. Fairly smart and strong.

Like/Dislies: Likes: money. Dislikes: the Refuge (boy's home), big-ego money hoarders.

Other:

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:22 am
wonderland says...

Place holder. I need to think of a character
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

333 Reviews

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:34 am
retrodisco666 says...

Thanks guys!

The interaction will be for the most part, between NPC, but later on, if it pans out correctly there will be interaction between characters.

~Retro Disco666
~Francoise Sagan

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
— Albert Pines