z

Young Writers Society

Teenage life rules ( as if )

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:11 pm
View Likes
klaus says...

This is the story ( well RPG ) of three kids.

Mary: Smart, geekish to her classmates, funny to her friends, and oblivious to boys. Star Sign: Cancer. Hair: Brown. Extra features: Glasses.

Ewan: Funny, extremely popular, and the guy everybody wants to go to prom with. Star Sign: Capricorn. Hair: black . Extra features: eyebrown pierced

Sally: In between everything. Not popular, not un cool. Star Sign: Libra. Hair Blonde. Extra Features: Ruby Ring.

While on a trip, with their classmates and terrilbe storm hits. The bus goes over a bridge, leaving the teenagers stranded at sea. The next more Evan, Mary and Sally, wash us on a beech on a desert island. All alone, no where to go.

RPG RULES:

No sexual prefences.
No Swearing.
In order to expand your writing skills, you must pick a person of oppisite gender.
Maximum of five more charicters, may be added.
The Story starts on bus ride.
All charicters are no age under 13
New charictors must presents bios.

Sally:

I gazed out the window, staring at the trees we drove by. The storm was getting worse. Rain pelted agaisnt the window. The boy i was sitting beside was fast asleep. He let out a snort, the turned the oppisite direction. I glanced around the bus. Couples were making out at the back. The chess club members were playing with magnetic chess boards. I was about to stare out the window again, when the bus driver let out a shout and we plunged into the sea.
The World Is Quiet Here,

So shut up!

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:59 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

I have to be Ewan...*lol*

The saltwater stung my eyes, and and I panicked, looking for a window, some way out. As I searched, all I kept thinking of was 'Ewan, your hair is going to be SO gross when you get out...' I nearly slapped myself. At a time like this, hair was not the first priority...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:01 am
niteowl says...

Since I can't be a girl and Ewan's already taken, I'll make a new character based off someone I know.

Brian: True band geek, believes marching band is the meaning of life, popular among the band people but an annoying geek to everyone else Star Sign: Scorpio Hair: Blonde Extra features: Always has his trombone.

My trombone slipped out of my hands and fell through the open window. I tried to get through and save it but I couldn't fit through the window. I was stuck, my trombone just out of reach. It didn't matter. It was probably ruined by now. I struggled to get through the window. I had to at least try to save my trombone. Then somebody pushed me through. I caught sight of the trombone and tried to swim toward it. It was no use. It sunk into the sea, a goner now. My tears blended with the ocean of the same saltwater substance.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:45 pm
klaus says...

Sally

Gulping down some water, i glanced around for an escape. Ewan grabbed ahold of my arm. A Boy, touched my arm, but i had more concerning matters at the moment. I grabbed onto the boy beside me, and so on. Soon a chain of people were swimming towards the emergency escape. Ewan bashed agaisnt the door, but no luck. He tried over and over. After the fourth try, he finally made it through. A wave made it's way into the bus, breaking the chain. "Sally, hold on!" Ewan called, causing bubbles to fly out of his mouth. But i couldn't. I closed my eyes. Darkness, darkness and more darkness.
The World Is Quiet Here,

So shut up!

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:41 am
Willow says...

Aidan: Sly, new in school, likes to mess things up. Star sign: Scorpio. Hair: blue-ish black. Extra features: dragon tattoo on right shoulder

The bright sun glared into my eyes. I was too exhausted to walk, yet too panicky to close my eyes. The others were lying on the beach behind me. I hardly knew any of them, though I have heard rumors.
I sat somewhat at the water's end. Every once in a while a slightly bigger wave would wash up and flow over my feet, drenching my sneakers over and over again.
Thoughts raced through my mind like never before. Nothing i've ever seen or heard could ever have prepared me for the ordeal we just went through. I was the last to swim out of the bus. My eyes stung when I remembered the sight I saw when I had looked back. With the impact, the driver's head had violently whipped forward, leaving him unconscious with a nasty cut on his head. The blood had streamed out, mingling with the water. The teacher and a few other kids had already sunk to the floor of the bus, making me fear the worse.
Those of us who had reached this forsaken island had been seperated from the rest. I don't know what happened to them, but my hopes aren't high.
My life is a broken stair
Winding down a ruined tower
and leading no where

41 Reviews

Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:46 pm
Willow says...

I glanced back miserably. One of the girls was pacing now, muttering wildly to herself.
"Mary calm down," I heard Sally say from her spot a few feet away from Mary. She sat with her head in her hands.
"Calm down?" Mary asked almost hysterically. "We are stranded on a desert island for god's sake!"
The others just looked at her dejectedly. I stood up and walked over to them.
"So what're we gonna do now?" I asked them simply, shrugging my shoulders.
It was a while before anyone answered.
"Maybe we should explore," Brian suggested. We all looked at him scornfully. "You know, see if the island's inhabited?"
"The island's not all that big," Ewan said, catching on. "And we have the whole day to find a place for shelter."
We looked at each other. "I guess there's nothing else we can do," I said.
and leading no where

Random avatar

Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:25 pm
klaus says...

"Well then it's settled," I stood up and looked around. Right, let's be optimistic, i thought. At least were not dead.
"Come on then," Brian and Adian walked in front. Me and Ewan followed. Mary at the back. Ewan kept sending me smiles. I just smiled back.
"There seems to be alot of braches on the ground," Brian said suddenly," If we all take some we could start a fire"
"We have no matches!", Ewan said frowning, "And I lost my lighter in the sea,"
"Eh hem," We all turned around to see Mary smiling.
"We can use these," She held out her glasses.
"How?" Aidan asked.
"If we catch the sun through them, and direct it towards the branches, after a while, they'll set on fire,"
Ewan patted Mary on the back, who went instantly red.

~~~
That night, the stars were clearly visible. We had gathered a ton of branches and brought them back to the beach. Mary's theory worked. Soon we were huddled around the fire. I had spotted some nettles along our way back. Having taken cooking classes, nettle soup was the first thing that popped into my mind. I wrapped my hand in my sleeve and picked enough to feed all of us. I boiled some water and soon we had soup. All in All things weren't turning out to be that bad. Although we had food, and a fire, we had no shelter. We saw nothing that could make anything remotely like a shelter. So it was a rough night, sleeping on the sand.
The World Is Quiet Here,

So shut up!

41 Reviews

Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:37 am
View Likes
Willow says...

Come dawn I decided to head for the lush greenery in the middle of the island on my own. From what I could see, the others were still asleep. I liked it that way.
My mind reeled with thoughts about what we were going to do next. I walked silently into the oasis, keeping my eyes on the ground. At least this place is something to look at, I thought. It was like a rainforest.
After a few more minutes of walking, the sound of running water reached my ears. I followed the sound to a small waterfall, ending in a deep pool.
Sitting at the water I ried to think about anything but our predicament, but what else was there to think about.
I looked miserably into the water again, but fell back in surprise at the reflection.
"Hi," Sally said shyly from behind me.
"Hey," I greeted, my pulse slowing down.
"Sorry I scared you," she said, walking over and sitting next to me beside the pool.
"You didn't scare me!" I said indignantly. "I was just-"
"Surprised?" she finished for me.
"Yeah," I smiled. She smiled too.
"So," she started, "do you have any ideas about what were gonna do?" she asked.
"I don't even know where to begin," I said miserably. "I guess we should find some sort of shelter today."
"Too bad we didn't get round to exploring the whole island yesterday," she said. "We could've found something useful maybe."
"I think we should probably ration what we've got," I said, "Before we go on hunts for other things.
"Yeah," she said, staring into the pool. "I can't believe this happened."
Nobody had talked about what happened since we moved out yesterday. We sat in silence for a few moments.
"What happened to the rest of us?" she asked.
I didn't know what to say to her. If she'd seen what I'd seen, she wouldn't have wanted to talk about it.
"They're probably on the shore of some other island. Who knows? Maybe they even reached the mainland."
"I hope so," she said sadly. Sunlight streamed into the little clearing, reflecting on the pool and lighting up Sally's face. I found myself admiring her the way it played off her strawberry-blonde hair. It struck me how attractive she suddenly seemed to be.
"You guys look comfortable," Ewan's voice sounded from behind us.
"Morning sunshine," I said.
"Hey," Sally said, standing up and facing Brian.
"Hi," Ewan said in a softer tone.
I almost felt myself sink into the backgraound as they looked at each other, making it obvious there was some sort of attraction. [/i]
and leading no where

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:05 pm
View Likes
Harley says...

Luke: a boy who ws stranded on the island. Hair:long, brown Extra features: has never had a girlfriend.

When I woke from my sleep, i could smell smoke, I could hear voices. People. I grabbed my spear and pulled my sweater over my head. I wished my father was here. That stupid pilot... not enough room for all of us? I volunteered to stay behind, wait for a few hours. Mom said I was brave, my dad said I was a man. How the hell could that dude forget where the island was? Why hadn't he called for another pilot? He hadn't tried. A stupid rookie, that's all he was. He probably never told anyone about me; accused my family of being delerious...
I slinked through the tall grasses, realising that after just two weeks I already knew the island like the back of my hand. Had it been two weeks? My watch says so. I peered out from behind a palm tree, and saw 3 boys and a girl sitting in the greenery. They were my age, and the girl was cute. Reeeally cute... She turned and her gaze met with mine

41 Reviews

Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:24 am
Willow says...

I was inactive in the conversation. I let Brian take over the minute he came, leaving me free to glance around.
When I looked back at Sally I noticed she was staring at something other than Brian. A dark figure sat crouching in the thicket of grass, watching us. I jumped up suddenly. Distracted by my sudden movement Both Sally and Brian's heads snapped up to me. The figure disappeared in a swish of grass.
"What's up?" Brian asked, an amused look on his face.
"Thought I saw something," I said slowly, as I sat back down, my gaze never leaving the place where the shadow was.
"Probably just a small animal or something," Sally said in a would-be-airy voice. I looked at her quizzically. I knew she’d seen it, and the figure was human.
She looked straight back at Brian, who shrugged and mumbled, “Whatever.”
“I’m going to see if the others have woken up yet,” I said, looking at them reproachfully.
“Oh yeah,” Brian, “They sent me to look for fresh water.”
“Can’t we get some from the spring we used last night?” Sally asked.
“That’s halfway down the beach,” Brian said lightly. I knew he didn’t want to go, so I volunteered, hoping I’d get a chance to explore a bit more.
“See you later,” Sally said, looking over her shoulder and giving a small wave.
As I walked down the narrow dirt path, brushing stray branches out of my way, I wondered why Sally had been a non-entity at school. She really was good looking, and sweet too.
and leading no where

we went from advice to meth real quick
— ShadowVyper