z

Young Writers Society

Island of Despair (Starting)

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:26 pm
Cspr says...

((Thank you so much for joining! You can go on and RP as soon as you feel like it. :) ))
My SPD senses are tingling.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:06 pm
TabbyGirl says...

Zhabia (Zabi) Eswara

I stood up, and looked out at the ocean and saw the plane, about half submerged in water. My heart sank when I realized there were probably people that drowned in the crash… perhaps not just the pilot, but people I knew… I shook my head, too confused and saddened by this thought to dwell on it.

I looked around. The person I had noticed earlier wasn’t lying on her back any longer. She looked vaguely familiar. I had definitely seen her around school, and on the trip, but we hadn’t talked much. I took a few steps towards her, “Hey,” I said tentatively, “You okay?”

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:07 am
fictionfanatic says...

Can I still join? Could I have two characters?
Live, Love, Laugh

180 Reviews

Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:26 am
Cspr says...

TabbyGirl wrote:Zhabia (Zabi) Eswara

I stood up, and looked out at the ocean and saw the plane, about half submerged in water. My heart sank when I realized there were probably people that drowned in the crash… perhaps not just the pilot, but people I knew… I shook my head, too confused and saddened by this thought to dwell on it.

I looked around. The person I had noticed earlier wasn’t lying on her back any longer. She looked vaguely familiar. I had definitely seen her around school, and on the trip, but we hadn’t talked much. I took a few steps towards her, “Hey,” I said tentatively, “You okay?”

Miranda DeRossi--Beach

I blink at the girl, eyes narrowing without my consent as the sun hit them. I let out a relieved sigh when her shadow blocked the glare. "Hi..." I choked out. "I'm f-fine, I guess. Head and arm hurt..."
I sounded like an imbecile.
Not that I could help it, though.
"Are you all right? And have you seen anyone?" I ask, spitting out the questions right before I start coughing again.

((To fictionfanatic: yes, you may still join. There are two spots left, but, like I said, I could always make more positions, as there isn't a set number of people aboard yet...))

84 Reviews

Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:09 am
fictionfanatic says...

Just in case...

Name (First/Last, or First/Middle/Last—nicknames allowed in quotes): Jake Lellan
Age (14-18 yrs. [unless he/she is brilliant or dense]): 16
Hair Color, Style, and Length: Jake's hair is a sandy blonde color that is cut into a very short mohawk
Spoiler! :
Like Beckham's hair hereImage

Eye Color, Shape: Jake has one deep green eye (left side) and one dark blue eye (right side) - they are almond shaped
Skin Color: Jake is kind of pale, but he tans very easily and gets pretty dark when he does
Physique: Jake is six foot two and weighs 176 pounds - 30 of those pounds are muscle.
Prominent Features: His different colored eyes, his muscles, and he has a strong, square jawline.
Personality: Jake isn't exactly outgoing, but he's not shy either. He's in between. He's a very obedient person and he is also very funny. He's alos a good leader.
Strengths/Weaknesses: Strong, brave, listens well, good leader - Has a need to be perfect, gets annoyed easily
Brief History/Family*: His dad was in the military and now works at a boot camp. His mother was also in the military - that's actually where his parents met. Jake and his twin Jess were raised in a world where if you weren't tough, you weren't worth anything. His parents can get very intense. He's always had to be perfect, strong, and brave.
Things You Came With: Green Duffel Bag - Five pairs of boxers, three undershirts, four t-shirts, three muscle shirts, two pairs of sneakers, a pair of military boots, toiletries, hair gel, pack of ponchos (nerdy, but he'll be dry!), seven pairs of socks, four pairs of shorts, three pairs of jeans, two hoodies, one jacket, sweat pants, swim trunks
Black Duffel Bag - Three jars of nutella, two jars of peanut butter, loaf of wheat bread, box of saltine crackers, two large water bottles, granola, trail mix, protien shake mix, three boxes of protien bars, ten soups on the go
Backpack - Sleeping bag, pocket knife (carries it with him everywhere), his leather bracelet (always has it with him), bug spray, sunscreen,

Name (First/Last, or First/Middle/Last—nicknames allowed in quotes): Jessica Lellan "Jess"
Age (14-18 yrs. [unless he/she is brilliant or dense]): 16
Hair Color, Style, and Length: Jess has sandy blonde hair that is cut into a short bob - it ends at her jawline
Eye Color, Shape: Her eyes are a very deep green and are almond shaped. She also has to wear glasses - she has black, neon green, red, purple, and hot pink nerd ones.
Skin Color: She has a lighter skin tone, but when in the sun she tans very easily and very quickly and like Jake, she can get pretty dark
Physique: She is six feet tall and weighs 140 pounds - 28 pounds of muscle.
Prominent Features: Her deep green eyes, her muscles, and her very full, naturally red lips
Personality: Jess is the most outgoing person you will ever meet. She's a really big tomboy and is really into woman's rights. If you get in her ace or insult her, she will practically rip your head off. She hass a great sense of humor and loves to be around people. She's very strong, hard working, and brave.
Strengths/Weaknesses: Strong, hard working, brave - Looses her temper easily
Brief History/Family*: Her dad was in the military and now works at a boot camp. Her mother was also in the military - that's actually where her parents met. Jess and her twin Jake were raised in a world where if you weren't tough, you weren't worth anything. Her parents can get very intense. She's always had to be perfect, strong, and brave.
Things You Came With: Red Duffel Bag - Four pairs of jeans, three pairs of shorts, sweat pants, three hoodies, a jacket, a pair of sneakers, a pair of military boots, seven pairs of underwear, seven sports bras, seven bras, two bathing suits (one bikini and one full piece), pack of ponchos, her glasses, toiletries, seven pairs of socks, five undershirts, seven tank tops, seven t-shirts, one pair of pajama shorts, one pair of pajama pants, and two bed t-shirts.
Green Duffel Bag - Same thing as Jake's Black Duffel Bag plus her inhaler and her glasses cleaner and cleaning cloth.
Backpack - Same as Jake's, minus the leather bracelet
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:33 am
fictionfanatic says...

Jake:

My head was pounding - Am I dead? No, death doesn't hurt. At least not this much. When I opened my eyes everything was a little blurry. When my eyes finally cleared I sat up and shook the sand from my hair. Wait - sand? Why the heck am I on sand!?

Then I saw the plane sticking halfway out of the water.

I felt my face start to pale.

Wait, where's -

"Jess!?" I yelled, my deep voice echoing.

"Jess!?" I yelled louder, getting a little worried.

"I'm over here Jake!" I heard her voice call to me.

I saw her standing in the middle of the ocean, still spitting out water.

"What the hell happened to you!?" I asked, getting up off the sand.

Jess:

I heard someone screaming. Oh wait - that's me!

I felt like I was spinning through the air. I saw a yellow raft. I got in. But I was so slippery and wet and the tide was so strong it pulled me back in.

It took every atom of my being not to start gagging for air. Swimming upward, I tried to break surface, but something was above me.

Is this the raft? I couldn't find my way out.

My lungs became tight and I really needed air. Finally, a big wave came, sending the raft flying and me spinning through the water.

I trudged up onto the beach, spitting up the disgusting salt water.

"Jess!?" I heard my brother yell.

"Jess!?" I screamed louder.

"I'm over here Jake!" I managed to say through coughs.

"What the hell happened to you?" He asked, standing up.

Squeezing the water from my hair and came up to the dry sand and replied "Oh, the usual. You know, almost died, got stuck under a raft, same old same old."

I saw some people and smiled.

"At least we're not alone."

Flipping my short hair back I continued "Come on Jake, we should go say hi."

Jake looked kind of skeptical.

"Jake, seriously? We are going over there and talking to them. We're not going to coexist with other human beings on this place and not talk to them. Now move. Go. Now." I said, shoving him infront of me with my wet hands.
Live, Love, Laugh

180 Reviews

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:54 pm
Cspr says...

Annalise--Plane

I might have been worried about, you know, being stuck in the plane. But I really wasn't.
Okay, total lie.
I'd sort of managed to squeeze in with the bags up top (I was tiny) and was now, more or less, stuck. Yeah.

I wiggled my foot, trying to get untangled, and then, to my surprise, I managed to fall right down into the water. I came up spitting, as usual, but I wasn't caught on anything anymore. I shiver and look around, trying to see if anyone else is in the plane...

Caden "Caddie"--Tide Pools

I finally convince myself to stand up, which I manage, and I find, to my great happiness, I'm perfectly fine. I straighten up my clothes and brush off the sand, before glancing around. I can see a gaggle of people down at the beach and I let out a sigh of relief, literally. At least I wasn't like that Castaway guy. I mean, seriously, five years or so with a volleyball? I'd go insane.
I then decide I might as well try to walk and find my stuff.
I think I'm still a little in shock, though, since I'm shaking like a leaf. Or maybe just cold. Either way, I don't think it's...
Wait, what's that?

I walk around one of the larger boulders and see the raft, still floating, but empty except for a few bags--including mine. I scuttle over and reach out, only to scream like the girl from the first War of the Worlds.
And then I'm at the beach with the others, bag in hand, no idea how I got there.

Unfortunately, the co-pilot wouldn't be following. Ever.
Drowned...

"Hey, are you all right?" I hear someone ask.
I try to answer but a hiss is all that comes out of my throat.
Figures...

"Yo! Has anybody seen a blonde? She's my friend..." I hear a black-haired girl say, as she stumbles up to her feet. "Her name's Annalise..."
I manage to shake my head and my bag falls out of my hands. I frown down at it.
No, I just saw a drowned pilot who'd been bashed against rocks...no blonde chicks...

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:25 pm
TabbyGirl says...

(replying to Cspr here)

Zhabia (Zabi) Eswara

“I’m fine,” I answered, “but, I haven’t seen anyone…” I looked out across the beach, my eyes narrowed as I tried to see if there were people further down there, and gasped. “Crap,” I muttered, rubbing my eyes, “I lost my glasses!” Of course I did… “Uhg… forget about it. My name’s Zabi, anyway, what’s yours?” I asked, holding out my arm to help her up.

84 Reviews

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:46 am
fictionfanatic says...

Jess:

"Is that - It is! Jake, it's our luggage!" I yelled excitedly, spotting the luggage washed up on the shore.

Side tracked from meeting the people, I ran for it.

With blurry visions, I sug through my bag and pulled out the red pair of glasses.

"I can see again!" I cheered.

I grabbed all of my luggage and pulled up further into the sand so it wouldn't go back out to sea.

Through the red frames of my glasses I looked over to the people, and finally went over to them.

"Hey, I'm Jess, short for Jessica. And that's my brother Jake over there."
Live, Love, Laugh

180 Reviews

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:16 am
Cspr says...

Miranda--Beach

"I'm Miranda," I replied to the girl, fear gnawing at my gut as I responded, "Miranda DeRossi." I crossed my arms and viewed the others. My jacket was dry, so I pulled it closer.
I could recognize some faces. The shaky guy was from my History class and maybe in my English class, the one who was always arguing with the teacher in one of the classes, or both. His face had always been a blur to me before, but now everything seemed so stark. It seemed insane that I didn't know his name, too.
I'm snapped out of it by the girl who claimed to be named Jessica. I stuck out my left hand, knowing my right wasn't really any good. "Nice to meet you."
Sadly, I was pretty sure I'd seen her before as well.

Caden--Beach

I watch them introduce each other, find their luggage, whatever. I can't take it. I walk off quickly, heading for the plane, but I'm not sure what I'm...
Smash!
I stop and just stare. Something had flown from the cockpit and out the glass, shattering it, and plopped into the water. I was pretty certain that wasn't supposed to happen.

Annalise--Plane

I smile to myself and glance down at the pilot. "Thank you for loaning me your badge. Funny how the glass was so delicate, isn't it?" I ignore the blood in his graying blond hair and just glance back. A few people seem to be stuck in their seats. I didn't have the heart to see if they're dead. I couldn't...
I glance away--down. Water is lapping at my thighs.
"I'll get someone to check on you," I whisper back, quiet. I inch down the sleeve of my sweater and bite my lip, before using it to move away the fragments of glass, before climbing out.
So this is what finding freedom feels like...

84 Reviews

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:50 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*cough cough*
Live, Love, Laugh

180 Reviews

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:17 am
Cspr says...

fictionfanatic wrote:*cough cough*

((?? As you can see, the above post mentions your characters...))

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:31 am
Chryssa2305 says...

(Hi everyone :3 I am joining. Thanks Cspr! :D By the way, this is my first time doing these, so I'll have to figure it out. Please excuse any future mishaps XD)

1:
Name: Zayne Wayland
Hair Color, Style, and Length: Strawberry brown colored hair, shaggy style, and around the neck
Eye Color, Shape: Blue eyes. Almond shaped eyes
Skin Color: Pale(not vampire pale, though, ha). He tans easily, and can keep a tan a long time, though.
Physique: Tall (6"1') Thin but with clear muscles (lanky) about 160lbs, most of it muscle
Prominent Features: Bright smile(almost always smiling),
Picture*: http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/ ... =Zayne.jpg
Personality: He's a big optimist, almost always smiling. He's lazy with work, but is active in workouts and physical activity. He loves reading, though, and ususally likes telling jokes or stories. He tries to find the best in everyone, and it's difficult to anger him. He's also very random, he tries to keep things interesting. So he's also a very big extrovert. He is very hard-headed, to the point where he will skew logic to where it's just plain silly.
Strengths/Weaknesses: He talks, a lot(strength or weakness, no one knows). His strengths include making friends very easily and he is very loyal. Weaknesses: he's scared silly of heights and is not good in fights.
Brief History/Family*: His mother and father are divorced, each remarried. He likes all of them, though, and even gets along well with his step-siblings.
Other*:
Things You Came With:
Suitcase: Sleeping bag, several changes of clothes including jeans, shorts, socks, shirts, underwear, two hoodies(One an ice hockey "Easton" the other an Atreyu band hoodie). A knife, an assortment of dried and canned foods. Sunscreen, and a towel.
Backpack: His iPod, phone, two books (the last Harry Potter, and "Edith Hamilton's Greek Mythology"), a large gallon sized bag of candy(hershy's, cookies, gum, etc.
Plus a few surprises that will come later on ;)

Zayne:

Pain...pain behind my eyeballs. I don't want to open them. Last thing I saw when they were last open I saw only fire and airbags and screaming peers. Not fun.
Wet...dry..wet..dry. What IS that? Groaning, I peel open my pounding eyes and sit up. I'm laying in the surf, with the ocean lapping at my legs. I looked around myself and realized I was lying on a beach, with the plane out in the ocean, sinkking into blackness of the ocean. Well damn. There goes camping.
My backpack floats by me and I snatch it from the water, then hug it furiousy to myself. Thank God! Glancing aorund, I see a group of othe survivors down the beach. Rising on trembling legs, I stumble over to them. I recognize a few of them from my classes and a few faces from around the school. I don't talk to any of them, though.
I shug my back pack off my shoulder and plop it on the ground, "Well, seems like we're stuck here." I say to no one in particular, gazing out at the plane. Oh, I hope my luggage is still there...not engulfed in flames somewhere over the ocean.
MDR FTW X3

DANCER

180 Reviews

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:17 pm
Cspr says...

((Hey, that's fine. It's my first time making a storybook, so we're probably on equal footing. ;)
Oh, and I understand what you're coughing about now, fictionfanatic. Did I not add you to the front list? I think I didn't. Oh dear. Anyway, I'll do that now...add an extra spot, too...))

Miranda:

I about jump out of my skin, before whirling to see who it is. I take in strawberry blonde hair and his scrawny form, before I get out a huff. "Don't say stuff like that. I'm sure the pilots sent out a mayday before we crashed and there are all sorts of technological tracking devices on the plane," I insist, logically.
I wait for a response as Annalise comes up beside me, hugging her bag to her stomach. She looks at me curiously, before walking over to the other red-head of the group--the thug. "Are you okay?" I ask after her. I'm relieved. So, so relieved. I'm too tired to show it, though.
"Sure!"
I probably should be more worried about that. You know, how she seemed--well, somewhat happy-sounding and where she was going.
I can't find it in me to worry anymore, though.
"And are you all right?" I ask quickly, glancing over the scrawny guy. I shift slightly, wrist still throbbing where I hold it still. We needed to find the medical supplies...

Caden:

"You have blood on your back, do you know that?" a blonde chick asks me. She seems to pop out of nowhere, starker than the background.
"Um, I do?"
"Yeah. I suggest doing something about it."
I just watch her, unsure of even how to respond to that.
"Here," she says finally, with a roll of her eyes. She opens her bag and digs around, only to pull out a miniature first-aid kit. "I found this in the plane. You want help?"
"No, I can do it myself," I mutter, taking it from her and walking (limping/shuffling) away.
I didn't like having my back exposed. Seemed too risky. Even if she was tiny and Luna Lovegood-y.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:41 pm
View Likes
Chryssa2305 says...

Zayne:
I nod at the girls theory. Sure, that could have happened. Or he could have just been screaming his head off too much to do anything.
But I'm not going to say that. "Or maybe he was just screaming his head off too much to do anything."
Well. There goes my mouth again, doing whatever it wants. "Sorry, sorry," I mutter quickly, "I talk to much, no filter." I indicate my mouth and my head, swirling my index finger in circles around my temple. "Crazy," I laugh.
My eyes scan the others, I'm guessing there's about five or six of us so far. Though I wouldn't rely on my judgement because my eyes are blurry and my head is still throbbing. I nod at the girls' last question, "Yeah, I'm alright. Headache, bruises, and I think I threw up at one point. But otherwise I'm just peachy." I grin at her. "I'm just chillin' right now. Waiting to see what's going to happen. Oh, by the way, the name's Zayne." Grinning, I give her a mock two fingered salute. "Zayne Wayland."
MDR FTW X3

DANCER

Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow. Education is neither Eastern or Western; it is human.
— Malala