z

Young Writers Society

The Wild Escape (For anyone and everyone)

319 Reviews

Reviews: 319
Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:39 am
Jashael says...

NOTE (Please read first): Hey, guys! So this is my very first SB and I wanted something simple and fun. Here it goes...

STORYBOOK CONCEPT

The Avileah Zoo was a known zoo in the island of Palawan, not only for its rare animals, but also for its variety of Spheniscidae (Penguins). But after eleven years have passed, the zoo's popularity have slowly faded away. Soon, the owner of the Avileah Zoo, Mr. Beldo, becomes financially insolvent due to the lack of visitors and to the electricity deficiency in the island (for the huge refrigerator-like cages for most of the Penguin Species). He starts to bring back some of the animals to the wild (e.g., the Tarsiers were simply brought back to Bohol); but some animals, including the Emperor Penguins etc., are too expensive to bring back to their respective habitats, so Mr. Beldo decides to sell them illegally to rich individuals in the Capital City. The zoo will be officially closed within a matter of thirty days.

One night, the animals overhear this from the talking zookeepers. They panic, not knowing which species are really going to be in safe hands. Not before long most of the animals strive for a plan to escape before they are sold to people they are sure would not take care of them, or would lack the capacity to do so.

YOU are going to be one of the animals who will either STOP or BE PART of the...
...Wild Escape.

EVERYONE CAN JOIN! No reserving needed, no spots whatsoever. Though please read these messages first:

IMPORTANT NOTE: This thread is only for the SB itself. NO CHARACTER SHEETS HERE PLEASE. Profiles will be posted in the DT. Link to DT: topic72813.html

Again, PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE. If you have any questions regarding this SB, either PM me or post in the page. Thank you very much!

RULES

- All normal YWS rules apply.

- No netspeak (chat talk), GOOD GRAMMAR and sensible posts. (Quote from Tiger's rules: "That is, don't write something like: Aaron was drowning in the water when the fire turned his blood hot. It must make sense.")

- No God-modding.

- Swearing is STRICTLY prohibited. I want this clean; I want it fun. Dirty isn't fun.

- Romance is accepted. It'd be funny. But no sex scenes, no mating animals, please.

- Violence is accepted, though not too gory.

- Put your character's name "|" animal above your post and in bold.

- Up to two characters per person only.

- Don't kill other characters. Not unless it's a mutual agreement that their character is to be killed off by your character. No need to tell me.

- No double posting unless there have been no new posts for 24 hours even if you have two characters.

General informations about the animals will be posted in the DT.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen:
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

319 Reviews

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:43 am
Jashael says...

PEOPLE TAKE NOTE IN MY FORMAT: imitate it. Except for the day. Thanks!

Gayle| The Galapagos Penguin Cage|DAY 1

I tightly grasp the cage with my sweating wings. The sun is beating down on my black and white coat. I look up, pointing my beak towards the clear, blue, Philippine sky. I sigh as I release my grip from the cage's bar. Wasting my energy will not solve anything.

But still couldnt' believe it: we are all going for our doom.

"Thirty days..." I whisper to myself. "Thirty days before we are all doomed."

"Gayle!" a tired voice says behind me.

I turn around and see Waddle.

"Waddle! Why are you out here? Stay in your cage!"

"I don't care anymore," she says, plumping on the ground. "I'm going to die soon anyway."

Oh, Waddle. But I won't accept her statement. All we need is an escape plan....
Last edited by Jashael on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:20 am
Sunshine says...

Waddles/Penguin Cage

I can see the screws working in Sergant Gayle's eyes.
"Whatcha thinkin' about?"
Gayle seems to re-realize I'm here. Her eyes focous down and she gives me a smile.
"Oh-oh nothing."
"Oh-ok."
I wonder what to do. If i'm gonna die, I might as well have fun before I die right? Or are you aloud to have fun when your dead? I ponder it.
"We should like...Destroy the zoo! It'd be like SOOOOO much fun!!!!!!"
"Waddles." Gayle sighs.
"We could get all the animals together and stuff..."
"WADDLES!"
"Yeah?"
"We can't destroy the zoo. That's a no-no."
I give her a pouty face.
"But if were all gonna die..."
"Were not gonna die. We just need...a plan."
I gasp.
"A plan! We should like announce it to the whole zoo! We can all escape togetheer and go to Antartica and it'll be awesome!"
Sergant Gayle shakes her head but I see a bit of happy in her eyes.
"Trixie!" I yell," Go tell all the animals to meet here! We got a plan! We do! We-"
"WAddles!"
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:41 am
Mazzi says...

King Julien | Lemur Sanctuary/Penguin Sanctuary

Trixie came flying over the whole of the zoo in her show-off fashion, making her voice extra loud she squawked "Go to the penguin sanctuary!!!! We have a plan!" So the rumor's are true, we are getting sold out to people, people who will then sell us out again when they get bored of us and again and again. I only got here around a year ago and now I have to leave.

I shouted Mort to give me a boost up. He is a very small mouse lemur, but he has one heck of a jump on him. I got over the fence and suddenly forgot that Mort helped me up in a boost and had a little victory dance and I said "Ah, any time, I can get out of here without anyones help!" Finishing my victory dance I ran through the pathways onto the outside of the penguin sanctuary, the lock had been picked, I walked in with my head high to see all the other animals surrounding the penguins. I pushed through the crowd to hear what they had to say. I also noticed Mort and Maurice was perched on a block of ice, guarding me, I have such loyal subjects.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:55 pm
megsug says...

Zoli/Penguin Sanctuary

I stalk around the edges of the crowd, tail in between my legs, ears down, the standard weakling pose. Hoping no one notices the dog, I wait nervously for the penguin leader to appear. The animals are loud, too loud. Don't they know the zoo keepers are still here, waiting for each to screw up?

I worry. I'm prone to worry, but this isn't right. What the humans are doing, what I'm supposed to help with. I can't disobey, can I?
Test

319 Reviews

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:07 am
Jashael says...

Gayle| The Galapagos Penguin Cage|DAY 1

Waddles couldn't resist it. The penguin simply went all excited and screamed around, gaining all the other penguins' attention.

"WADDLES!" I shriek from the top of my lungs. Immediately, she stopped screaming to face me. "Listen," I began, walking up to her, "we will hold a meeting tonight."

Unfortunately, all the other penguins heard and came around me.

"Why tonight?", "We shouldn't waste any time!" were the lines that I heard.

"QUIET!" Everyone silenced. "I do not mean to be--mean. But listen, all of you." I look around; even the other animals in the other cages were looking at us in curiosity. "We need the meeting to be held tonight because the humans would not be here. We need privacy, you know?" I tried to look at each one of them. "Hey, what's that...I think I spotted...a lemur?"

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:44 am
HomelessPorcupine says...

Jengo|The Meerkat Sanctuary and Outside|Day 1

Steadying himself, Jengo shouted down to the other meerkats below him. "Keep it steady guys! We're going to beat the record this time!" Keeping his arms stuck out at the sides like a trapeze artist, Jengo chuckled as he thought of breaking the meerkat stacking record: ten meerkats stacked one on top of the other. So far there were ten of them stacked, they were so close!

"Almost there! Now go find some small pup to put on top." Looking around impressively, Jengo "wooted" for joy and breathed in the fresh air. No one was going to laugh at him anymore, he was finally going to do something awesome! Or at least he was trying to. Steadying himself, he gripped the edge of the sanctuary wall. They had decided to lean up against the wall until everyone was stacked, then they would try walking around a bit. Not that that would ever work, but you know, it was worth a shot!

Seeing a shadow float through the air, Jengo raised up his eyes against the sun. A lemur had escaped it's place and was flying through the air! Looking down toward where the lemur was descending, Jengo saw a gathering of penguins all surrounding a central figure, with a bunch of other animals looking on from their cages. So the Suits were at it again eh? (Jengo had come up with the nickname himself... or at least that's what he thinks.) When would they ever learn that if you wanted to stage a rebellion and take out all the humans, you needed to at least meet in secret?

Suddenly Jengo's train of thought halted as he heard a thud beneath him and then felt himself tipping away from the wall. Not even looking down to see what was going on, Jengo jumped onto the top of the fence, not wanting to fall and land on his head or something. "What the heck happened? We were so close!" He looked down toward his fallen companions, all massaging bruised buns and heads. "You got lost in your day dreams and tipped us over moron!"

Grinning slightly with embarrassment, Jengo made a graceful bow and bounced down off the fence and into the greater zoo. He didn't want to face everyone right now, he didn't really feel like being called a loser again. Seeing the gathering of animals, he rushed toward the center with all of his speed, seeing more penguin heads which he could leap upon. "Here I come Penguins! Tis me, the Jengonator!!!"

***Edited for grammatical and spelling errors***
"I can't afford a teddy bear, so I sleep with this contact solution."

Taran: He will not succeed in this. Somehow, we must find a way to escape. We dare not lose hope.

Fflewddur: I agree absolutely, your general idea is excellent; it's only the details that are lacking.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:22 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Gypsy.

I pawed at my stall door. It's food time. I'm hungry. Hungry, hungry, hungry. I need food.

I threw my weight into the door, making it fall. Good, good, good. Food, food,, food.

"We need the meeting to be held tonight because the humans would not be here. We need privacy, you know?" I heard faintly. I have good ears. Animals? Maybe they know where the food is!

I stormed from the stable, towards the penguin who spoke. A wake of upset animals lay behind me, including a wierd porcupine who was jumping on top of animals. I rushed up to the penguin.

"Do you know where food is? I'm hungry. Do you? Huh? huh?" I asked him. He backed up a step.

"take a step back." He cautioned. I obeyed.

"Sorry. I'm hungry, and I didn't get my food. So I'm hungry. Very very very hungry."

"I don't know where the food is." He admitted. "but you are welcome to our meeting." AS is said it, he could tell he made a mistake.

"Meeting? Meeting? I'm going to a meeting!" I exclaimed. kicking my back feet in the air and shaking my mane out. Maybe the meeting would have food!
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:03 am
Sunshine says...

~Waddles~

I was so popular! Look at all the animals coming to my...what was this again? Huh. Oh well! Before I now I watch that crazy old horse from the petting zoo come in begging for food and....

"Oh my flippers! It's the great Jengoater, penguin slayer!"

The meerkrat looks at me with shock dwelling in his eyes before he bows.

"What a smart little penguin! You recongnize true talent."

I nod, I mean anything for him! He was a zoo legend! Him and- Sergant Gayle clears her throat. I notice the crowd of animals around the penguin sancturary and get a nice warm feeling, like we weren't gonna die. Hmm.... It's then I notice the King. I run over to him and flop down at his feet.

"Oh great King Julien! Welcome! Hi! Amigo! Hola! Aloha! Hello-"

"WADDLES!"

I get up off the floor and face sergant Gayle. The zoo is so silent I can hear my self breath. Even that crazy horse seems to realize something big is a bout to happen. Or was it just me?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:34 pm
megsug says...

Zoli

I breathe a sigh of relief as the animals finally quiet down and glance inside the penguin encloser, curious about what the lead penguin has in mind. As I'm too shy to actually ask for anyone's name, I'm only sure of what the other penguin's name is, since it keeps being shouted... Waddles.
"Zoli!"
I look over and see a zookeeper. I freeze. If I bark to warn the animals, I'll alert the zookeeper. If I stay quiet, she'll come anyway. What do I do?
Test

GET YER EYES AWAY FROM MY EYE SOCKETS >.>
— herbalhour