z

Young Writers Society

Last Legs

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:19 pm
Moo says...

Welcome to the dusty plains of the wild west, where outlaws run rampant and murder, theft and gambling are part of daily life. Settled beneath a canyon and nestled between two endless plains of wasteland lies Last Legs, a backwards little town where money is scarce and where everyday life poses a struggle for survival. With a nearby railway attracting posses of outlaws seeking riches through robbery, outlaws were not an uncommon sight to the townsfolk. They came ripping through town on horseback, guns blazing, spitting, cursing and crashing through bars where if you looked at the wrong person in the wrong way, you were quick in feeling a revolver pressed to your throat.

This particular group, simply named the Last Legs Outlaws, ruled the town for over three years, robbing the citizens blind plaguing the local territory for years. Some of the richer residents, driven by desperation, even paid rival posses to take out the Last Legs gang. The situation only became worse when a tip off told the gang of their plans to overthrow their rule.

In their own thoughts, they had been doing the tiny town a favour. Before the Last Legs Outlaws took up base there, it had been a regular place for other gangs to plague with robberies, shootings and other illegal activities. They had been the ones to drive them out of the territory, thus protecting the citizens of the nearby towns in their eyes. They were merely taking what they were owed for the town’s protection.

One day, before the rival gang rode into town, The Last Leggers stormed the town in a fury lead by their beloved leader Curley. The search to find out who had paid the mercenary gang to take them down was not had to trace, several beat ups revealed that it was the towns Sheriff and Bounty Hunter who had put together the money by capturing some other outlaws for money in nearby towns. A Civillian overheard their drunken slurs in the saloon that night, where Curley spoke of sneaking into the Sheriff’s house with the gang later on and slitting his throat while he slept. Terrified for the life of their beloved law keeper, the civilian left the bar immediately to tip off the Sheriff and the lawsmen of the neighbouring town, to warn them of the impending danger on their lives.

It was then that the law force smashed into bar, and shot Curley dead in his barstool.

The gang, lost without their leader, ran riot over the town torn between seeking revenge for Curley or fleeing the scene as law enforcers gunned them down. As the town settled into silence for two years subsequent to the mass shooting, the townsfolk resided into a state of quiet and peace. This would be the town’s fatal mistake. Outlaws are not the only ones wanted in the Wild West. As the Last Legs Outlaws band together once more, their motives are no longer selfish.

Revenge Curley at all costs.

Rules:

Spoiler! :
Please be realistic.

Your profiles must be detailed, or they will not be accepted.

No killing or even shooting other characters without the author’s permission. Your character may shoot at another character, but it is up to the other author as to whether they are hit or not.

No one lined posts, try to post at least a good paragraph if you’re stuck for something to write.

Let’s have friction between characters. As much drama as possible to keep things interesting! :P

All other normal YWS apply.

Characters

Last Leggers as mentioned in the backstory.

The Sheriff:
The Bounty Hunter:
The Law enforcer:
The Civillian:

Outlaws:

New Gang Leader: Taken by Me (Moo)
Second in Charge:
Gang Member:
Gang Member:

Template:

Detail, please!

Code: Select all
[b]Name:

Age:[/b] (Let’s not have a bunch of teens running around please... 18+ if possible, PM me if you want to be exempt from that with a good reason why. ;))

[b]Gender:

[b]Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Weapon of choice:

Up for love?:

Other: [/b]
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:00 pm
SisterItaly says...

Name: Jadie Collette

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She seems calm and sweet, just a big city girl who moved to the wrong place. But is you piss her off, do not think for one second she will hesitate to punch you in the face. She's a socialite, everyone knows who she is, but she only knows who the most important people are. She can be cruel and manipulative, and she only thinks of herself. She likes to complain, a lot.

History: Jadie is new to Legs, she came with a friend, who soon died of a disease. Everything her friend owned was left to her, it wasn't much, all she has left of his belongings is his revolver. When she first arrived, she hadn't heard any of the local gossip or news. She didn't know about Curley. She didn't know about the gangs. She didn't know about the poverty. Now, she can't afford to leave, she works in the saloon late at night, so now she hears most of the gossip, and also the stories told by drunken men of amazing showdowns between gangs in the city. Secretly, she is saving up to move back to the city, and is over halfway there, this money is hidden in a jar under the floorboards in the kitchen of her home.

Weapon of choice:
Spoiler! :

Up for love?: YES

Other:
Spoiler! :
Her dog, named after her friend, Russel.Image
Last edited by SisterItaly on Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:33 pm
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

I might join, Save me a spot for a girl just in case I do please!
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

17 Reviews

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:51 am

Sorry, but I this is just a bit confusing for me. It's a good idea, though. I bet lots of other people will join!
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

72 Reviews

Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:09 am
Moo says...

How is it confusing, MD? The concept is pretty simple if you ask me.

Thanks for joining to the rest of you. We need more males at the moment ;)
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

17 Reviews

Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:36 pm

Post Deleted
Last edited by MisunderstoodDreamer on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:29 pm
retrodisco666 says...

b]Name: Dusty (Real name is Bill Nilit)

Age:[/b] (Let’s not have a bunch of teens running around please... 18+ if possible, PM me if you want to be exempt from that with a good reason why. ;)) 25

(Pick one from the list above) Second in charge

Appearance: He is around five seven. He has a medium sized build. He is dark brown almost black eyes. He has chapped pale lips and thick arched eyebows. His skin is a tanned white but is covered with dirt at the same time. He has brown wavy hair whihc just reaches his shoulders. He wears frayed batter clothes. (sorry I couldn't get a picture)

Personality:He hates pretty much everything. Other than those he is loyal to. He has a short fuse and will be the first to pull out his revolver in a bar fight. He releases that you must play the game before you can destroy it and used this to his advantage. He has an over active trigger finger so people tend to leave him alone if he is angered.

History: He was born into a monastry. His mother was a prostitute so she never knew who the father was. She couldn't afford to look after him or to get rid of him so she gave birth to him and left it on the front doors of a church. He was raised proplerly, was taught different things, but one day one of the priests disrespected his mother so he beat his head in with a wooden cross. He was thrown out of the monastry and forced to live on the streets. He found his way to Dustmite, a neighbouring town of Last Legs, where he lived for several years as a sweeper in a barbers shop. After a while when they would serve him in the saloon he became addicted to alcohol. He couldn't afford to keep up his habits so he took to stealing and got away with it for a while. He took men's wallets while they got their hair cut and stole from there. One day Slick Joe the barber caught him and threatened to take him to the sheriff, Joe pressumed he was gonna be a scared kid but instead he pulled out Joe's gun and shot him twice in the chest. No-one knew any different for two weeks, he just told people Joe had gone to the city for a couple of weeks but really he had threw him down Half-wit mine. People found out and he was outlawed, but he came back every night, and stole and killed. The sheriff decided to take matters into his own hands and challenged him to dual at high noon . . . The sheriff lost. He took his guns as a trophy, two silver revolvers with a frog imprint along the handle. He was then recruited by Last Legs and soon climbed the ranks, he did it before a new sheriff came so he wouldn't know his face. He called himself dusty after the duals he won, from the amount of dust his oppents gave off when they smashed against floor.(I can write more if needed)

Weapon of choice: The two revolvers mentioned above.

Up for love?:Nope as he has a secret which is not socially exceptable in this place. He would but only if he could find someone of shared intrests. (I don't think I need to put it)

Other:
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:19 pm
StoryWeaver13 says...

This sounds cool! I've never done a storybook before, so I wanna give this one a try if that's OK.

Name: Evangeline Lanoa (called Lina)

Gang member?

[b]Appearance: not particularly pretty because of her somewhat-fierce appearance, slim and about 5'6", with brown hair and somewhat-dark skin (her grandmother was black), and jade-green eyes.

Personality: Fierce and hardened due to years of hardship, Lina has a temperament as harsh as a rattlesnake's. All the same, while she tends to push others away, she has a strong loyalty to people she comes to trust. Those who betray her beware. She also loves to laugh and play the guitar. She's never liked to kill but has no trouble doing it, and hates getting the disrespect of men or of those who consider her "colored."

History: She was born on a ranch, where her mother, younger brother and grandfather all took ill to smallpox and died. Lina got smallpox too, but survived, though she still has faint scars on her arms and face. Afterwards, her father was killed in a bar brawl and she lived with her grandmother, a black woman who had shamefully fallen in love with Lina's white grandfather. Because her grandmother was black and Lina had the black of her mother's side, both were disrespected and even abused. One day, a couple of white men came to the house and burnt it to the ground. Lina had been in the barn asleep, and awoke to find the house gone as well as her grandmother, and at ten years old, Lina was alone. She was passed from the care of gypsies to loners to explorers to thieves that she found along the winding trails, and learned a trick or two from every one of them. It didn't take long before she was an outlaw, and is best known for her thievery and gypsy's wit. Somewhere along the way she also lived with Native Americans, and learned to tame and ride mustangs. She now has one named Gypsy.

Weapon of choice: her dagger

Up for love?: No; she's been disrespected too many times and finds no fulfillment in the love of other humans.

Other: Image Sorry if the picture doesn't work. Has a blue roan mustang mare named Gypsy.

Just tell me if there's anything I need to change. :smt001
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

17 Reviews

Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:21 am

Post Deleted
Last edited by MisunderstoodDreamer on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

17 Reviews

Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:37 am

Post Deleted
Last edited by MisunderstoodDreamer on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:58 am
SisterItaly says...

Ah, oui, Tout le monde ne peut comprendre le français. C'est une histoire du Far West et vraiment, de savoir ce qui va se passer, vous devez participer.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

72 Reviews

Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:14 pm
Moo says...

*Hides in a corner of Bablefish, feeling oddly ignorant for not understanding what they're saying.* o-o

Name: 'Maniac Magee,' real name Sammy Magee.

Appearance: Sammy is a small woman, at about 5"1' without her boots on. She has long, sleek brunette hair usually pulled back into a ponytail that fails down to the small of her back, while her eyes are a striking shade of apple green. She wears typical western attire that is more associated with men; a buckskin Stetson with a blood red bandanna around her throat, a leather vest and shirt, jeans with western riding boots and spurs.

Personality: Arrogant, overconfident, rude, boyish, feisty. Sammy hates being underestimated and isn't scared to shoot a man dead while he sleeps, if it means she'll get her hands on what she wants. She is sassy, edgy, and has a certain quirk about her that some find intimidating. She adores the attention and fear that regular townsfolk display upon hearing her name. She can be extremely headstrong and is often foolish, riding straight into danger without a second thought. She certainly is a character that is hard to forget. Generally patronizing towards strangers, and loves to make others feel smaller than she.

History: Sammy had a rough start to life, and this might be what contributed to her joining of the gang when she was seventeen. Her family come from a long line of ranchers, owning a humble section of land and a respectable herd of longhorn cows. Dept claimed the land when she was just ten; her father's frequent drinking and gambling drove them into financial ruin.
Dept collectors came to get what they were owed, and when her father could not pay a fight broke out. Her father was shot twice in the stomach, left bleeding on the floor whilst they ransacked the house, taking everything of worth.
Her mother wasn't long following her father to death's doorstep; the neighbourhood folks maintained that it was heartbreak that killed her in the end. Sammy was shipped from door to door, family to family, unable to cope with her troublesome nature. It was Curley who found her in the end, brought her into his gang, where she got the first real experience of a family. When Curley died, she made it her own personal mission to hunt down those responsible and kill them at all costs.

Up for love?: Maybe. PM me. ;)

Other: Rides with her trusty thoroughbred gelding, Sinbad. Her weapons include two .45 caliber revolvers.

--Carl Sandburg

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:12 pm
kidashka says...

I will join this, as a male gang member. Profile should be up in a few days. :)
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

72 Reviews

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:32 pm
Moo says...

Hey Kidashka, we alsohave a spot for a marshal or a sheriff, it would be great if you could pick one of those, because I'd like to start this soon. If you really want a gang member though, go ahead and I'll ask around to get someone to fill the spots :P

--Carl Sandburg

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:28 pm
kidashka says...

Name: Isaac Hawkins

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Isaac is kind of a goody-two-shoes. He is patient, responsible, and cautious. Above all he genuinely wants to help others, and can get quite easily distraught when he is unable to help people. He has quite fixed ideas of 'good' and 'bad', mostly due to a naivety in that he has no idea of the corruption within the law-keeping establishment. He has tremendous faith in the law, and follows it to the book - he really really dislikes breaking rules at all.

History: Isaac was born in the town of Last Legs as the son of the preacher and the old sheriff's daughter. As a result he was raised with great emphasis on the importance of regulations and rules, and has a great respect for them.
When the murder of Curley took place, he was still relatively knew to the law-enforcement team and toook no part in it. However, he does believe that the ex-leader of the Last Legs deserved to die, and has been know to say this on more than one occassion.
He has been a marshal for 5 years.

Weapon of choice: He has two revolvers, and very good aim.

Up for love?: Yes :smt003

Other: n/a

Is the history detailed enough?
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

hmmm. you know, the quote generator deserves some garlic bread
— SilverNight