z

Young Writers Society

The school of the seven *Starting*

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:09 pm
Shearwater says...

Patch-Gluttony

I silently unwrapped the candy bar Morty gave me underneath my desk. I knew he had something! My eyes darted towards Mrs.Jenkins, our Geology teacher, and then back at my quiet unwrapping skills.
"Mr. Collins!" I heard her shout my name. A ruler slapped the desk, making a popping sound. That hag is so violent.
"Uh...yes, Mrs. Jenkins?" I answered, quickly hiding the candy bar inside my pocket.
"There is no eating in class, are you aware of that?" Her piercing hazel eyes beckoned death upon me.
"I wasn't eating. I just had a pesky little itch down there, " I said with a grin. A wave of giggles rippled throughout the class.
I could see a vein pulsing on her forehead as she clenched her jaw. Without another word, she turned back to the chalkboard and scribbled down notes.

My attention turned to Ceen, who was staring at Morty again. I smirked, trying to picture them as a couple. How could Morty not see her? Then again, he never paid attention to such things. Then, I leaned over and whispered to Luci, "Oy, I hear there's a new kid coming in from France. Where is he?"
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:38 pm
Tigersprite says...

Mortimer

Geology bored me. It wasn't that I was bad at it, but it merely bored me. Bored the life out of me. Why did I have to learn about countries I didn't care to visit? It was just a waste of my time. I could see Patch munching the chocolate I had given him. He turned and caught my eye, and I automatically knew I had signed up to give him another after class. I turned back to the whiteboard.

About five more minutes past, and then a scrunched up note landed on my desk. I opened it and read:

Three chocolate bars. Don't pretend you don't have them. I glared at the note, and then at him, and I wrote:

Leave me alone Patch. I threw the note at him. Less than a second later, it came back:

I won't leave you alone all week. I sighed.

Fine I threw the note at his head; when he read it he gave me a wide smile. I sighed again and turned back to Mrs. Jenkins.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:08 pm
View Likes
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Fire
I walked into Geology class and took my seat completely calm. I smiled as I saw Patch pesting Mort and I rolled my eyes and turned my attention to Mrs. Jenkins turning down my Ipod until Amy Lee's voice was just a very pleasant background noise. "Today we are going to be learning about Japan can anyone tell me about it?" Mrs. Jenkins asked with a pleasant smile. I raised my hand and she glanced around hopefully before calling on me. "Yes Fire?" "Japan is a small island nation, it's population is around 127,078,679 last counted on June 2009, its literacy rate is about 99%, and it's Prime Minister is Naoto Kan who was elected in June 2010." I said calmly. She smiled slightly amazed. "That's correct. Can anyone tell me about the culture?" She asked and I settled back in my chair feeling a small smile work its way across my lips. I opened my notebook and cursed under my breath. I had been sketching in this notebook and I didn't know if I had my regular notebook with me. I searched through my bag almost desperately until I found my purple notebook with the red letters carved into the cover. I opened it and copied down the notes on the board.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:26 am
Dragonet says...

Ceen

During class, I would occasionally glance at Mortimer; meh, he was cute, but whatever. This class sucked and was boring, what else was there to do? Later during the class, found a crushed up hard candy in one of the pockets of my backpack. "Psst, Sucker!" I whispered quietly trying to get Patch's attention. I always gave people weird nicknames like that, Sucker, Loser, Tard, Junk, just my way of saying I love you, ya know?

But he didn't hear me. Instead, Mort turned a wary eye on me. "Pass it on," I mumbled, pressing the candy into his hand and jerking my head in Patch's direction. When Mort gave him the candy, he blew a mock kiss at me, I crossed my eyes back and settled down in my seat, not even bothering to listen to what the teacher was saying.
Last edited by Dragonet on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:26 am
retrodisco666 says...

"Stupid school," I mumbled to myself.
"It's a once of a lifetime oppurtunity, so you're going," I said imatating my mother. I walked through the front doors of the school into the large foyer.
"Mr Brett," A voice screeched from across the room. A woman with grey hair sprinted across the hall towards me.
"Hello Mr Brett I am professor Vitol. I am the one who started the movement to allow wraith to join. I'm sure you wil fit perfectly into this school" She said with an archaic smile.
"Why. Why would you do that! It is the most ridiculus idea ever," I said in a raised tone at her. The smile slowly fell off her face and was replaced by a nightmare scowl. A large bell reverbarated around the room.
"Come with me Mr Brett. It is language training now and you have lesson to go to. What is your language?" She said sourly.
"French," I replied bluntly. A slight evil grin crawled across her face. She taught french I know

*Not sure what to put my character is in now. Keep up the good work it's going great*
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

816 Reviews

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:04 pm
Shearwater says...

Patch-Gluttony

I stared at my schedule with grotesque. Seriously, did they plan on mass murder this year? Stuffing the paper back into my pocket, I headed down to French class, mumbling curses to myself and the school. I sat down near the window and yawned, my fingers already reaching for the hard candy Ceen had given me earlier. Suddenly, the door opened and Mademoiselle Vitol entered. Behind her, followed another student' whose face I had never seen before.
Ah...
A wide grin eclipsed over my lips and my butt lifted off my chair slightly. I was excited, it wasn't everyday we got a new kid and the rumors whispered as fast as forest fire. Slowly, the new kid sat next to me. Peeking at his face, I noticed it was scrunched up with annoyance. But, without giving it a second thought, I found my body leaning in towards him. "Oy, you the new kid? What's your name? I'm Patch Collins. Nice ta' meet yah," I said with a hearty grin.
Dark eyes flashed a wicked look at me.
"You think I care who you are? Leave me alone," he spat, leaning back in his chair and tapping the end of his pen on the desk like a ticking bomb.
I smirked. Wrath.
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

12 Reviews

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Fire
I raced cursing under my breath to my first language training class. I skidded to a stop by Vitol's desk. " Je suis désolé ainsi.Mon enseignant m'a empêché de s'approcher." I panted out immediatly switching to French. She glared at me then pointed to my desk. I smiled slightly as I turned around and saw the new student was here. "Bonjour mon nom est le Feu. Agréable de vous rencontrer." I said holding out my hand. He glared at it as if though he'd like to bite it off. 'Wrath.' I thought to myself. "My name is Jacob Brett." He said snapping off each word. I flinched my smile deflating. "Sheesh if you don't want someone to say hi say so." I snapped taking my seat. He muttered something under his breath and without turning around I said low enough for Mademoiselle Vitol to miss "I have the guts to confront someone with my problems If I don't like them." I wrote down the notes Vitol had written on the board and turned up my music two spots flipping to MCR. I let it blast in my headphone completely calm.

333 Reviews

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:26 am
retrodisco666 says...

Jacob

"Jacob why don't you introduce yourself?" Vitol suggested from the front of the class. I stood.
"Bonjour. Je deteste tout le monde," I said with a smirk. She glared at me and I lowered into my seat. She rarely looked at me again throughout the lesson. I had gone into the kids with the foods bag and robbed some food . . . he had lots.
"Mr Brett,"Vitol yelled at me after the end of the lesson.
"Your anger is impressive but you need to harness it and put it towards useful means. Find a way to release than anger, change ti in to determination and put it into world domination,"she said followed by a laugh. I just nodded and walked out the room. One of the kids was waiting for me outside the room . . . they looked mad.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:22 pm
Roadnevertravelled says...

I quit
Last edited by Roadnevertravelled on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

12 Reviews

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:16 pm

Fire
I just walked past everyone and to my locker and pulled out my Katanas just in case. I smiled happily and pulled my hair back into a ponytail and jogged easily to gym. I smiled at Mortimer he was in my gym class again this year. I glanced at a blackboard the dominating words said "Defensive and Offensive Maneuvers" There were others and I skimmed over them gathering that we would be using our weapons. 'Yay!' I thought jumping up and down mentally. I read the rest of the board 'You will be working with partners and sparring practicing the maneuvers I show you.' I read silently. I grinned at Mortimer. "Hello Partner." I said happily. "Do I have a choice?" He asked. "Nope." I said smiling he rolled his eyes.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:17 am
Funkymomo says...

boo
Last edited by Funkymomo on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:28 pm
Tigersprite says...

Mortimer

Mr. Griffin barked at us, dividing us into pairs of two. I liked Gym. It was a chance to practice my hand-to-hand combat, and whenever Mr. Griffin turned a blind eye towards it, my swordsmanship with my scimitar. Actually, when he saw Fire coming in with her katanas he said nothing, and I whipped my scimitar out of of my bag.

Fire grinned at me. "Quick spar?" I grinned. Out of all the students here, she was the most bearable, perhaps, almost a friend to me.

"Definitely," I said with a smile.

I'll hand it to her; she was skilled. I attacked and she parred, then I was only just able to stop her cutting my side open. We went on like this for a while, neither of us winning but nobody losing either. By the time Mr. Griffin blew into his whistle for a break, we were both breathing heavily and though I couldn't definitely say the same for Fire I knew I was sweating furiously. I took a deep breath of air and nodded at her. "Good match."

"Ditto," she said with a smile before heading to the changing rooms for whatever reason, probably water. That's certainly what I headed to the boy's changing rooms for.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

12 Reviews

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:38 pm

Fire
I walked into the changing room and got a drink of water. I smiled slightly and pressed my back against the porcleain sink my breathing slowing down. I took a deep breath and walked out of the changing room pulling out my Ipod and flipping through my songs and smiled finding Simple Plan and I flipped to Welcome to my Life. I sat down with my back against the gym wall waiting for Mortimer. I closed my eyes and started to sing along going into my own little world "Do you ever feel like breaking down?
Do you ever feel out of place? Like somehow you just don't belong And no one understands you Do you ever wanna run away? Do you lock yourself in your room? With the radio on turned up so loud That no one hears you screaming No you don't know what it's like When nothing feels all right You don't know what it's like To be like me To be hurt To feel lost
To be left out in the dark To be kicked when you're down To feel like you've been pushed around To be on the edge of breaking down And no one's there to save you No you don't know what it's like Welcome to my life Do you wanna be somebody else? Are you sick of feeling so left out? Are you desperate to find something more? Before your life is over Are you stuck inside a world you hate? Are you sick of everyone around? With their big fake smiles and stupid lies While deep inside you're bleeding No you don't know what it's like When nothing feels all right You don't know what it's like To be like me To be hurt To feel lost To be left out in the dark To be kicked when you're down To feel like you've been pushed around To be on the edge of breaking down And no one's there to save you No you don't know what it's like Welcome to my life No one ever lied straight to your face And no one ever stabbed you in the back You might think I'm happy but I'm not gonna be okay Everybody always gave you what you wanted You never had to work it was always there You don't know what it's like, what it's like To be hurt To feel lost To be left out in the dark To be kicked when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around To be on the edge of breaking down And no one's there to save you No you don't know what it's like To be hurt To feel lost To be left out in the dark To be kicked when you're down To feel like you've been pushed around To be on the edge of breaking down And no one's there to save you No you don't know what it's like Welcome to my life Welcome to my life Welcome to my life." Once the song was done I opened my eyes and turned red because everyone was staring at me. "What?" I asked still blushing. "That was really good." Mortimer said. I waved my hand around. "Amy is better." I said still red. I stood up and turned to him. "Ready to get your butt kicked?" I asked teasingly. He rolled his eyes. "Yeah sure." He replied and I laughed. I scanned the board and saw the first maneuver was distract then attack. I bit my lip my head and heart racing then I smiled. I stepped forward and swung one of my katanas and as I expected he blocked it. I tilted my other katana so it caught the light like a mirror and shone in his eyes. He staggered squinting then I twisted my katana that he was blocking with the scimitar and it fell with a clatter and the tip of my katana rested against his chest. "Not bad." He said and I smiled. "Your turn to try." I said calmly.

816 Reviews

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:56 pm
Shearwater says...

Patch-Gluttony

Someone took my food. Somebody had the guts to steal Patch Collin's food.
I growled, lifting my nose up to sniff the air. My head shot to the left where the new kid, Jacob, was smirking in his seat. Oh, I'd deal with him. It took every ounce of strength to stay put in my seat but once the bell run, Mrs. Vitol called Jacob up and I had to wait for him in the hall. Once he came out, I grabbed his collar and slammed in him into the lockers.
"You took my food while I wasn't looking."
"God, you really are a glutton," he replied, curving his lips. "You had so much, it's nice to share."
"Hah, you think I'd be willing to give my food to away so easily? You're asking for a brawl."

"Hey!" A man's voice pierced the tension between us. I looked up to see an authority figure, better known as Mr. Kennedy. "Stop the fighting!" he growled. His strong hands pulled Jacob and I apart with a jerking force.

"He stole my food!" I snarled.
"And? Why are you being such a baby?" he snapped back. "It's just food."
"MY FOOD!"
Mr. Kennedy rolled his eyes. "If you guys want to get even, have a real match."
My eyes darkened at Jacob who grinned at me. I swore I was going to peel that smile off his lips.

(Er, okay?)
-W. Somerset Maugham

333 Reviews

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:40 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Jacob

Patch had not realised I has mentally killed him four times in my head. The third of which involved hot coals and a very rust pair of pliars. The small brain within the individual had no registered to the fact that I was doing everything I had meant to; to anger him. I couldn't help but smile. He glared, yet after a while he started to grin. Chesire cat size grin. I wanted to shoot him. I was going to shoot him.

"You're on," I said and then stormed on. I couldn't see him and I knew a lump had formed in his throat. No-one messes with the new kid.
~Francoise Sagan

"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."
— Neil Armstrong