z

Young Writers Society

Rat Tails- Open to all

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:00 pm
BondGirl007 says...

The world as we know it has ended.

The humans are all dead, wiped out, leaving everything behind nearly untouched. Animals now run wild, and in ruined New York City the vermin that humans tried so desperately to keep under control have now sprung up, creating their own society. A small group of elite rats control the rest of the population, who work hard, and live peacefully.

Then there are the undercity rats.

Violence and gang wars plague the undercities, it’s dangerous to go out at night.

Life though the eyes of a rat, let’s see how this goes.

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Class: [/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Short back story:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]

You can use this to create a custom rat, or find a picture if you want. http://blacklnk.deviantart.com/#/d2tchyl

Slots-
upper class-
F- Dragon
F- Puzzle
M- Bond
-

middle class-
M- Potter
F- Bond

lower class-
M- Puzzle
M-Potter
M-Isha
F- Isha
F- Fire
-

I’m gonna be picky and demand there be more male characters then females, also the number of characters in each class can be expanded, this is just an estimate starting number. All slots are open to whatever class you wish to be, just keep the ratio even or I will make you switch up genders :P.

Dah rulez-

Swearing is fine
No god modding
You can have romance if you so wish
Open to anyone, new or old, you don’t have to pass any stupid test or anything like that just join
I like pie
Posts I’m going to ask be at least 500 characters long of something close
If you read this whole thing put something about pie in your profile somewhere
All YWS rules apply
Last edited by BondGirl007 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I'd rather be hated for being who I am, then loved for who I'm not."

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:09 pm
Moo says...

So joining. This reminds me of something I wrote a few years ago. x3
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:10 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Is it open? p.s in the upper rats, are they still undercity rat?

Name: Elite Paws is her real name now, goes my paws.

Age:2 years (about 15 humans years, being that a rat lives... say, eight years)

Class: upper

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
changed the picture.

Personality: She's nice for upper class, but doesn't have mercy on wrong-doers or people who have defiance. She loves to wander around, without fear of being caught. She knows the Elite Rats, and is to-be one of them. Her best friend is an undercity rat (anyone?).

Short back story: Her father was one of the elite rats, her mother killed days after she was born. She was raised in luxury. She met an undercity rat who saved her life. One of her other best friends is a rabbit.

Other: She likes pie ^^

Is that ok?
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:21 pm
ScarlettFire says...

In! *goes off to find that pic again* Profile coming.

Edit: Profile.

Name: Bronte .

Class: Lower.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Bronte is kind and generous to those she likes, though if you annoy her, you'll know about it. Fiery and a little temperamental, Bronte prefers not to be in the spotlight, even though it's landed on her more than a few times. As a lower class rat, she dislikes snobs and people who ignore her, even if it's best for her to be ignored. She's not past making a scene, and will do so if and when she can. Tends to be a bit of thief and steal things when she thinks no one is looking.

Short back story: Bronte's history is shrouded in mystery, though many a rat knows how her family vanished one night. No one is sure what happened after that, as Bronte vanished too. Not too long ago, Bronte reappeared, thief and attitude to match. Nowadays, she can been found in the shadows, watching in amusement as something happens.

Other: N/A.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:50 pm
SisterItaly says...

Name: Jasmine

Age: 2-ish... in human years, in rat years she's about 19

Class: Upper

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
http://img822.imageshack.us/f/jasmine.png/

Personality: Jasmine is self centered and narcissistic. She doesn't care about anyone but herself, and when looking at a situation she always thinks about how it will benefit her. When she's upset by something she'll break right down into 'tears' and put on a show. She doesn't think of other's feelings when she acts.

Short back story: Jasmine comes from a long line of prestigious rats. Her father died when she was young of an unknown disease. Besides that she's just a normal rat living a normal rat life.

Other:
~~~

Name: Kreed

Class: Lower

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
http://img176.imageshack.us/f/kreed.png/

Personality: Kreed is open and defensive. He will kill for people he loves and is close to. But if you were trying to just pick a fight with him, he wouldn't fight. He only cares about those who care about him. He is absolutely terrified of swimming.

Short back story: Not long ago, he lost his memory, and was taken in by a 'family' of low class rats, he would die for them. Especially his new little sister.

Other:
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:48 pm
eldEr says...

Name: Lilana (Lie-lana)

Class: Lower class

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Lilana is stubborn, fiery and rebellious. She listens to nobody but herself and has this ridiculous determination and once she sets her mind to something, there is nothing she won't to achieve her goal. As long as her or closest friends aren't getting stepped on, it doesn't matter what the costs are. She is a bit on the greedy side, and tends to be a tad cocky. She's very opinionated and will stand up for whatever it is she believes in, though she's not quite sure she knows what that is. All she knows is that the lower class deserves better than this. She enjoys ranting and debating, and is glad to have a brother who's willing to listen to all of that. She's secretive and doesn't give out information to the 'High and mighty bimbos' as she likes to call the upper-class. You'd have to do some pretty brutal things to get anything out of her.

Short back story: Lilana and her brother grew up alone, being the only survivors of their litter. Her mother and father both disapeared long before they should have, and the pair hardly got by. Lilana's always been a tad on the rebellious side, and got into trouble endless times for standing up to the upper-class. She's gotten involved with a few of the 'rat gangs' and is currently part of a massive one. In fact, she was second-in-command. It was just recently that she was imprisoned by the upper-class. She still refuses to talk.

Other: Any jewlery or small comforts she's wearing were stolen. None are actually hers, though the upper-class hasn't taken them... yet.

******************************************************************************************
Name: Rolan

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Rolan is the exact opposite of his sister. He's quiet and timid, choosing to do odd job for middle-class mice rather than steal their valuables. He keeps his head low and isn't much of a conversationalist. He's suprisingly sweet, and a bit of a pushover at times. He can't stand seeing anybody in pain, especially not the lower-class mice, as there's usually no help for them. He tends to sink into the shadows and lets others lead him. He hates being in charge of anything and likes doing things that are more behind-the-scenes than out front. He has an appreciation for life, though, and tries to live his well. The only time he will step up is if somebody's hurting his friends or his sister. Although, it's usually his sister defending him.

Short back story:

Other:
Rolan and his sister grew up alone, being the only survivors of their litter. His mother and father both disapeared long before they should have, and the pair hardly got by. He hadn't made any effort to stop his sister from doing what she wanted. He never doubted that she loved what she was involved in, so he kept his concerns for her to himself.
He continued doing work for the middle-class for scraps of food or small valuables. His quick thinking got his sister out of some quick fixes, but after she was captured, he completely broke down. He doesn't know she's been captured by the upper-class. He was told she was killed.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:32 pm
phantom of the potter says...

Going for two males, middle and lower class. :D

Name: Pipen (Pip)

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Pip is upbeat, excitable, and all around a very sweet and endearing little guy. He's quite quick and clever for his age, and can more than stand on his own. Pip can get around well enough alone, and doesn't regret his life at all. He's got quite a few friends and likes to pop in and out of different plots and gangs. But watch out! 'Cause this little guy's a lot smarter than he looks. He knows what it is like to be hungry, and doesn't plan on going hungry again. With enough money at stake, Pip will do almost anything. He's a bit of a king among the other orphans in the rat slums, but his closest friends are all older than he is. He's got a reputation for being good at getting information and objects, should you need it. He involves himself with shady activities if he needs too, and you never can quite tell when he's being truthful. But Pip is really a good little boy, at heart, and he is the most loyal companion you can get if he considers you one of his close friends.

Short back story: Pip doesn't think he ever had parents. He openly calls the street his mother, the sky his father. Literally all of Pip's memories are of the street. He's never had a permanent home to settle down in, and doesn't want one. Pip thinks he's got life completely figured. Nothing can throw him of his tracks. Famous last words.

Other: Up for love, if there's a rat his age. But think Wendy and Peter Pan. Pip isn't the one for homelife. He's definately up for friendship, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Basil

Class: Middle

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Basil is intense. That's about the only word to describe him. Caught in the middle between the two classes, Basil dislikes the way the elite rule and the way the lower "refuse" to better themselves. He is generally dissatisfied with the class system in general, and is pretty rebellious by nature. He is convinced with all his heart that all he does is for the better, and blames the upper class far more than the lower for their plight. Basil can be fiery and passionate as well as debonair. He would seem to be born to be a leader, if he wasn't so blinded by his beliefs. Basil can be harsh, and he's prepared to see his visions come true. He does not see an option where his assumptions about the world would be wrong. He can be naive, and is a quick learner.

Short back story: Basil was born into a reasonable amount of family money, which (even after being split among his siblings) totalled to quite enough for Basil to be set for his life. But Basil is too generous with his handouts to the poor, and is now in deep financial trouble. This is all pushed aside, however, in Basil's quest to better the world. Basil doesn't realize how very close he is to homelessness. He's a student and, when he is not in the slums of the city exploring, can often be found reading and bettering himself.

Other: Up for love. Basil could go either way in terms of love. He'd probably be more inclined to fall for someone in the lower or middle class, but he could fall for an elite rat as well.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:39 am
MilkNCookies says...

hey sorry to post here but can i make a charracter from a different species instead? Like, I might make a guinea pig instead or something. It would still be a small animal.
and is there a DT? i got some ideas.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

374 Reviews

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:08 am
BondGirl007 says...

DT- topic71278.html

Also I'm not sure about that, PM the profile to me and I'll look it over, kay?

Oh and don't forget proper capitalization ;) the shift key is your friend!

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:50 pm
Moo says...

Sorry guys. My internet has been down and I haven't had the chance to get on to post my profile. I'll try to get it up tomorrow.

-Moo
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

374 Reviews

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:23 am
BondGirl007 says...

Ohh yeah maybe it would be a good idea for me to post *my* profile xD

Name: Sage

Class: Middle

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Gentle and calm Sage is a sweethearted girl with street smarts. She is pretty timid most of the time, and avoids conflict, but she can told her own in extreme cases when she needs to.

Short back story: She was once a lower class rat, but after being blinded in a fight she could no longer survive in the harsh undercities without her sight. She was taken in by a middle class family and has lived there since she was about 2.

Other: She's blind if you haven't gotten that yet :P

Name: Gristle

Class: Upper

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: (will finish later)

Short back story:

Other:

374 Reviews

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:44 pm
BondGirl007 says...

We'll start this once a few more profiles are posted :D.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:45 pm
phantom of the potter says...

*Bump* Exactly how many more profiles were you thinking of?
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:27 pm
Mizzle says...

Name: Jessamine (Jess)

Age: In human years, she is two, but in rat years, she is around nineteen.

Class: Lower Class

Appearance: See spoiler.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Jessamine certainly leaves an impression on other rats. She never hesitates to speak her mind, no matter how rude or uncalled for her comment might be. She carries herself with pride, and is quite confident she's the best rat out there, even though she's lower class. Jess has more confidence than is good for her, and is tough. Not to say she's mean, though -- she just has very strong opinions, and it's best if you are on her good side. She's a wonderful friend and will stick by her companions to the end, but is very wary to trust other rats.

Short back story: Jessamine was born to a lower class mother, whom was never fond of Jess. Her mother, Tallulah, was a part of a notorious lower city gang. Jess never did meet her father, but her mother had told her that he was a "good for nothin', foul, upper-class twit," and that he had since been "dealt with" by her new mate, Crip. Crip and Tallulah raised Jess until she was about fourteen (rat years), and it was a terrible existence. They both were a part of a gang that was known to sell bad substances and were usually abusive towards Jess.
Crip and Tallulah left her one night, nearly dead from their beatings, and never came back. Since then, Jess has lived in their old little house for quite awhile, all by her lonesome. It's a small little thing -- right by the sewage water, and Jess loves it.
She's still a bit shaken up by her past, and is worried that Crip and Tallulah might show up one day soon, but you'd never guess from the hard mask she wears.

Other: Her left front paw is a bit crippled -- it doesn't look anything out of the ordinary, but it causes her a lot of pain.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

374 Reviews

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:55 pm
BondGirl007 says...

Oh um well hi, I thought this was dead before it started xD Glad I didn't move it to archives then. Potter I think one more male upper class or middle class will do :)

Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?
— Mary Oliver