z

Young Writers Society

Demigods: Quest *invite only*

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:21 am
Dragonet says...

Nick

I had been in the throne room before-during the camp's field trip every winter solstice- but I could never get over how big it was. And it was so... full of power. Although, I noticed that all of the gods weren't there, they never were except on the summer or winter solstice. I saw my dad sitting in his chair. He was in a jogging suit and typing furiously at the cellphone in his hand. When we entered he looked up and smiled at me and Spirit. I had met him once, after my first quest. He told me that he was proud of me. It's kinda awkward seeing him again.

Hera took a seat beside Zeus, who glared at her in return. They had a brief, whispered argument in greek. I wasn't sure, but I thought I heard the words, "don't need" "help" and "heros" but finally they stopped and Hera turned to us and smiled.

"Welcome, heros," she said, "You must be wondering why we called you here. I will explain." Instantly my ears perked up, if I was going to lead this quest, I had to know what we were up against. But just as she opened her mouth to speak, Demeter stood up and wailed, "Hades! Hades took my daughter! That monster stole her again. He has her nine months a year, but, nooooo, that's not good enough for him!"

"Silence!" Zeus thundered, and I mean literary thundered. He pounded his lightning bolt/scepter against the floor and glared at Demeter. If it wasn't so frighting, I might of agreed with him, Demeter can a be a bit dramatic sometimes. "Demeter, you accuse someone of theft and yet you do the same!" The room erupted in arguing, and I'm telling you, when a bunch of twelve-feet-tall, all-powerful gods start arguing, it's not something you want to witness.

But the thing Zeus said, when he accused Demeter of stealing, made no sense. No body had told me about that part. I looked at Kassie from across the room and mouthed the word, Stealing? and she shrugged.

I noticed a young woman kneeling by Demeter, comforting her. She was wearing brown, and hazy smoke came out of her eyes, which was kinda creepy. It was Hestia, godess of the hearth and home. Now that I think about it, I remember seeing her at countless fire pits through out my life.

Finally, Athena managed to calm everybody down. "Please! Please. Gods of Olympus, we are getting no where with this, and our children are still waiting for an explanation." She turned and looked at Zeus, "And how will our heros think of us, when they see us bickering like children? Hmm?" Zeus harrumphed and sat down. Well, she wasn't called the godess of wisdom for nothing, she knew her father's weak spot. Pride.

"Yes, well," Zeus said when everyone had been once again seated. "Our dear Demeter here has thrown another temper tantrum-" Demeter gave a defensive gasp, but Zeus ignored her, "-and has ceased all plant life. And," he growled in the end, "has stolen my rain-sphere!"

Demeter had had enough. She stood up abruptly, "I will not take any more of this! How dare you accuse me! You have no proof! Not only that, but my daughter is missing, stolen, and you care nothing about it!" With that, she was gone in a flash of wheat and barely.
Last edited by Dragonet on Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:19 am
Roadnevertravelled says...

REGAN-athena

Well, now that demeter was gone, wo could finally get something done. Zeus shook his head mumbling something, and then he and Hera seemed to remember us.

"Right," Hera said. " We called you here because, as you may have guessed, Persephone is missing. Demeter believed Hades took her and has stolen my darling's rain sphere-" Athena cut in.

" We believe she stole it. It may not have been her, but under the surcumstances, she is the most likely suspect," Oh yeah mom, you show Hera. I'd say I was proud of her, but you can't really be proud of your immortal mother.

Zeus started talking, " Without my rain sphere, I cannot make it rain. Without rain, our world will dry out. We," he sighed and grumbled " need your help."

(I hope this is OK)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

25 Reviews

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:39 pm
Dragonet says...

It's great. And I'm sorry, but I'm going to be gone for the rest of the day, and all of tomorrow, and most of Sunday. Sorry! But you guys can keep posting. Basically, the gods are sending us down to Hades to get Persephone back, so that Demeter will give the rain-sphere back, so that Zeus can let it rain, so that the whole earth won't burn to a crisp. Got all that? Good.

Maybe some people can have a talk with their parents while we're there, or whatever, just keep it alive! But I have to go right now, sorry I can't post.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:55 pm
Sunshine says...

~ Spirit Jones~

I tried to concetrate on what Hera and Zeus were saying but I couldn't. My dad was right there. I could reach out and hug him. HUG HIM! I wonder what he'd feel like. Would it be like hugging my step-dad/ Would he-
" Spirit! Spirit are you lisining?," Reagan nudged me.
" Sorry," I whispered, blushing.
" What do you need us to do?," Nick asked.
" Your to go rescue Persephone." Hera said," In the underworld."
"Are you even sure she's there?," I blurt out.
Hera glares at me.
" Of corse she is! Where else would she be?"
" I don't know, Lady Hera."
Ugh. Hera wasn't one of my favorite goddess.
" We except." Lexie says.
" Of corse you do!," Ares says, looking proud.
" Dissmissed!," Zeus rumbled.
Hermes get's up and walks over to Nick and I.
" Spirit. Nick."
You wouldn't belive how fast my heart was beating. DAD.
" Daddy!," I yell and run up to him.
Well that wasm't embarrasing or anything. I just missed him. Or wanted to meet him at least. Nick laughs behind me.

Hope that's ok?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:09 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Cassandra [Hades]|Olympus:

It was awkward...being here. Hades wasn't exactly a favourite of any of the gods up here, and I still wasn't sure why. I hadn't met him...yet. And the next thing I knew, Hermes had walked up to Nick and Spirit...and then Spirit yelled "Daddy!" How embarrassing.

Feeling uncomfortable, I backed away from the group, standing back. I didn't know what to do. It was just all awkward. I sighed, looking around. Then I noticed that Hera stood beside me. I blinked--still there. Okay, now she was starting to freak me out. I reached up and touched my necklace.

"You need to talk to you father," she said. "And whatever you do, don't say no."

I stared at her. What? What did she just say? Frowning, I watched her walk away. She didn't even look back. Huh, typical god stuff. What had she just told me? Oh right, talk to Hades: Don't say no. Why would I do that? Confused, I stood there awkwardly, rubbing the cat pendant.

Gods, I felt so out of place here. What was I even doing here? A daughter of Hades, on Olympus. It was crazy.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:05 pm
Funkymomo says...

REAGAN-athena

" Dismissed," Zeus roared. Athena was looking at me.

" Come here, child," She said, beckoning me forward. I stepped towards her and she came down from her throne, normal sized. " You have been alone all these years."

She didn't state it like a question, but I felt the need to answer. " Yes," She looked at me, expecting more. " Yes, I've been outside camp half blood. I didn't feel the need to go there, my father suggested going this year."

She chuckled. " I suggested you go this year. You learned much without teachers and fellow demigods, but you needed proper training. Do you agree?" I though about it. I had learned some things at this camp; how to make friends, fighting tecniques, How to relax.

" Yes, I agree. Mother," I don't know why I added mother, I felt my cheeks blushing afterwards.

" I know that I should have made a stronger attempt to meet you when you were younger, Regan; I tried to make your dad send you to camp. I'm proud of your actions, daughter. And never forget. I am the god of war and wisdom, while Ares is the god of bloodthirst and slaughter. That is why you beat that young camper, you thought, while he felt the heat of war. Just keep thinking, Daughter. Goodbye."

She had said proud. Although I didn't really see the point of her telling me why I beat Jack, but I do feel better about what a camper said to me once, that I should be in ares. I know now that I am a true daughter of Athena.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

131 Reviews

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:24 pm
Sunshine says...

Uh funky? Why did you post for Reagan?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

26 Reviews

Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:58 pm

Sorry if that confused you guys. I told her she could cause she wanted to post on this and I was busy today.(we know each other.) Oh by the way funky, if you read this, good job.

25 Reviews

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:26 pm
Dragonet says...

>Sorry I haven't posted, I've been busy. Let's not let this die!<

Nick~

I smacked my forehead when Spirit called Hermes daddy. But he just smiled and let himself be hugged. When he had finally managed to pull away from Spirit, he turned to me. I smiled we shared a warm hand shake. "Nice to see you again, Nick." He said. "I'm proud of you. And I know you'll do the right thing." I realized he was talking about me leading the quest. I should have felt good that my dad trusted me, but it only made me feel more responsibility, I really didn't want to let him down.

Hello, Nick I heard a slithering, female voice enter my head and I looked down at the two snakes that were wrapped around my dad cell. I smiled at them.

Have any rats on you? was all that George said.

Hermes, you have an important call from lord Hephaestus. Martha told Hermes. My dad sighed, "Do well son." was all that he said, and then he turned and walked away.

I sighed and turned to look at the rest of my quest members. "All right everybody, let's go to Las Angelous."
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:25 pm
Noelle says...

Lexie-Ares

Jack and I stood side by side as Lady Hera filled us in. I could tell that Jack was nervouse. He didn't really talk to me on the way up to Olympus. I understood how he felt. We were all nervous. It's not everyday that you get to see your godly parent. Most demi-gods only see their godly parent once or twice in their lifetime. We were lucky to get to see them.

We all stood together, listening to Lady Hera. Zeus sat in his chair, sulking. I could tell that he did not like asking us for help. Sitting next to him was my dad, Ares. I couldn't believe I was standing here, on Olympus, looking at my dad. The dad I have seen only once before, briefly, right after Brian died.

Lady Hera told us how Hades was the one to blame for Demeter's daughter's disappearance. She told us we must go to the Underworld to retrive her. No one said anything for a while so I spoke up.

"We accept." I announce.

"Of course you do!" Ares agreed. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and stood just a bit taller. I knew now that Ares would be behind me the whole way. Zeus must have had enough of us because he announced that we were now dismissed. Jack and I walked over to Ares who shrunk to his human form.

"The big man over there has forbidden us from seeing you kids," he explained, "but it's always nice seeing you." He gave me a hug (which even I'll admit was kind of weird) and shook Jack's hand.

"So, you two are quite the team aren't you?"

Jack nodded. I could tell he was still kind of in a state of shock.

"Thank you Ares. We try. Jack and I are the best of friends." I informed him.

Ares nodded. "Yes, I have been watching you two train together. I could not have asked for better from you two."

I beamed. Even Jack managed a smile. That meant we were accepted. Ares was proud of us. I was a little sad when Nick told us it was time to leave. I wanted to talk to Ares some more, get soe tips on how to become a better fighter. Jack and I both bid farewell to our dad and followed Nick back into the elevator.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

131 Reviews

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:45 pm
View Likes
Sunshine says...

~ Spirit Jones~

I tucked my burning red face into my dad's chest. He smelled... normal I guess. Like it's hard to explain but... he smelled like blueberry muffins. He finally let me go and winked. Hermes started talking to Nick about something but I guess I was to happy to hear them. Martha and George-that's the snakes names' I think- started talking about mice. Before I knew it Dad was leaving.
" I love you Dad." I whisper.
He turns to me, shocked.
" Do well Spirit...," his eyes soften and he evaporates.
I run up to Nick.
" Time to go guys."
Sighs of sadness follow that comment. I hear a sigh of relief though to. Nick leads us down the elevator. It's so silent.

Sorry so short. Got to go! In computers class.
Last edited by Sunshine on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

---The Book Thief---

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:33 am
TheGreatIthy says...

Jack

I was so stupid! I could kick myself! I was right there, in front of the father I never met, and all I could do was stare stupidly at him! I couldn't even bring myself to say 'hi'. It was nice to hear that he was proud of us, and a reasonable reason why he couldn't see me, but the least I could do was talk. Instead, I let Lexie talk and as soon as Nick called us to the elevator, I left without a word. Just a nod. Then that was it. Probably the last time I will ever see my father ever again. If the prophesy is to be believed, then someone was going to die, and it may as well be me since I was the one who seems to freeze up when faced with a God.

I just wanted to punch something. Lexie must have sensed that with me. Or saw my fist clench and she gripped my shoulder hard. I looked at her and she gave me a look that said that she was worried about me.

"It's nothing." I said to her. Of course I wanted to tell her everything, but I didn't want anybody else to hear me. The last thing I wanted was to look weak. So far, I don't think I would have much trouble since I will be the only one charging without adequate armor. Or even a weapon. Just my fists. If all went according to plan, I will go down fighting. I will go down protecting Lexie as well as the rest of our team because that was the Ares way. We were warriors, and we will go down as warriors. Defending what we believe. And I believed that we could succeed.

"Jack." Nick said as we got out of the elevator. He pulled me slightly behind the rest of the group.

"What's up?" I said. All the worries I had were pretty much gone. There was something about Nick. I felt that he had complete control even if he thought he didn't.

"You haven't talked much to anyone. Is everything alright."

"Of course. I'm looking forward to what is waiting for us." I gave him a smile that seemed fake. Even to me.

"At least one of us is," he said, "I'm worried. That prophesy didn't sound too promising."

"No." I responded. He seemed surprised at my response, "But I plan to make sure we complete it. Even if I have to die to do so."

"Typical Ares boy. Always ready to die as long as they are destroying down countless demons. Don't get overconfident, though. I don't want anyone to die needlessly." With that, he walked up to the front of the group.

"You think I don't know that!?" I called after him, "I, too want to bask in the glory of a victory! Just you wait!" But he was gone. I don't even think he heard me. If anyone else had heard me, they sure weren't giving the signs of it. I shrugged and jogged to catch up with the rest. This was going to be interesting.
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

26 Reviews

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:31 am

Regan- Athena

The elevator ride back to earth was long and with seven people in it, a little awkward. I was squished up next to Jack, which would be bad enough, but I was also squished up against Lexie. I could feel some anger comming from her, why, though, I don't know. "She's mad that Jack has made other friends," I thought. That word caught me off guard. Friends. If we were friends, he was the first one I had. Ever. Even in kindergarten I was to sullen and hostile for any of the princess-loving little girls. I felt myself blush a little at the though of having a friend, and Lexie scowled at me. I turned away from her as we reached the 1st floor. Walking out onto 5th avenue, I took in the sights, knowing that there was a 1/7 chance I would never see it again.

25 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:45 pm
Dragonet says...

Ok guys, I have some bad news. I'm not going to see you for awhile because I've decided to take a break from the computer. I have a really bad obsession that I need to break and this is how I'm gonna do it.

But that doesn't mean this SB has to die, keep it going! Surprise me when I come back. roadnevertraveled is in charge while I'm gone. I'm sorry for doing this and I hope this doesn't die because of it....it probably will...but it was practically dead anyways... So, anyways, keep my character included.

Bye, I'll miss you guys! I'll be back....some day.

~Dragonet
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

131 Reviews

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:37 am
Sunshine says...

~ Spirit Jones~

We reach the end of the elavator ride.
" So... what now?," Kassie asks.
"To the Underworld ,I guess," Lexie said, gleaming eyes.
" How, though?," Kassie said.
Nick and I grin at each other.
" How else when you have Hermes kids?," I laugh," You steal a bus!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
About an hour later we're sitting in a green bus, Jack driving.
" Does anybody even know where the underworld is?," I say.
I'd never really thought about the Underworld. It's being dark and creepy. I shiver.
Lexie looks at me," Las Vegas. Where else?"
" Viva Las Vegas!," Cassandra mutters.
Suddenly something hit the back of the bus. I scream. Sorry, the Underworld had me all suspicious.
" There's something evil there!," Reagan says.
The bus was ramed again. What were we gonna do?

---The Book Thief---

Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?
— Obi-Wan Kenobi