z

Young Writers Society

The YWS Mansion

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:09 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

I dove for the ground, locking my arms around Dragon's ankles. There was a very good reason I was known as the Psycho Half Crazed Chihuahua by most of the athletics teams.

I looked up at Isha. "I don't just do that in chat, you know." I said matter-of-factly, now drawing my legs up and hugging Dragon's leg. I would only let go when she seriously couldn't move.

"Aw, and I thought I was special," Isha sighed. I smiled and wrapped one arm around her leg too.

"You're special, like everyone else," I added, now being pulled one way and then another as Dragon and Isha walked back to our waiting spot.

I waited patiently, looking brightly at the driveway and jiggling one highlighter green converse with orange shoelaces. I snuck one earbud into my ear, Static Lullaby's version of Toxic thrumming into my ear. I bobbed and waited as patiently as a Hannah can for the next YWSer to show up.

I smiled. I burped. I wrinkled my nose. I yawned.

And I smiled some more.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:46 pm
SisterItaly says...

I walked up the drive, bag in one hand, stubborn half-vampire-half-cat in the other. She snapped my neck again, gosh darnit this cat would be the death of me. I smiled as I opened the door, I smiled. Me. I smiled. Something was obviously wrong with me, oh ya, it's YWS! I had major YWS syndrome, nothing else seemed to make me smile as wide.

First person I saw when I entered, Ninjacookiemonster.
"NINJA!" I screamed.
I hugged her tightly, then after seeing ish and dragon I pulled them into the hug too. After that, we stared at each other, awkward silence.
"It's Puzzle," I blinked.

I think it registered then, because they all smiled brightly.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:37 am
sillyducky says...

Name: Sillyducky, ducky, SD, silly and.... just don't call me what you know you want to call me. *ahem raz* (who said that? xD)
Apearance: I'm attempting to attach a picture... (you'd think after like six months on this site I'd have that down...)
Likes: well... mostly everything. alright, maybe not. I'm a very negative person. writing drawing my friends and movies/books with strong female leads... yeah.
Dislikes: Idiots, girls who throw themselves all over guys, guys who feed girls lines, most chick flicks, yeah... you see a pattern here? xD
Attachments
me 054.JPG
me 054.JPG (83.79 KiB) Viewed 262 times
Writing's a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia E.L. Doctorow
I've always believed that writing advertisements is the second most profitable form of writing. The first is ransom notes Philip Dusenberry
I'm so clever that I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:21 am
GrantBlayfur says...

Hehehe...I had the most BRILLIANT plan!

First, I would break in through a fourth-story window. Then, I would lie in wait for all the other YWSers to walk in through the front door. When they walked in...BAM! Giant rabid ghost dragon pops out of nowhere like a ninja!

So, after slicing through the window and carefully putting it back in place (I didn't want to cause any damage to such a nice place), I crept down to the first floor and hid behind a potted plant. Outside, I could hear a lot of attackling and huggling going on. But soon, there would be a lot of screaming and fainting going on! :3

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:02 am
Tigersprite says...

I walked in through the door. Everyone was hugging each other but they stopped when they saw me. There was momentary silence, and then I shouted: "ICE CREAM FIGHT!"

Our monkey servants brought in trays upon trays of heaps upon heaps of ice cream. Before I could grab a single scoop, I was being pelted with chocolate. Everyone was laughing and screaming, and everyone was covered with ice cream: pistachio, chocolate, vanilla, banana, and countless other flavours.

It was when we were finished and the servants were cleaning up and we were licking the ice cream of ourselves that we realized a newcomer had stepped in, however, they (can be anyone) were covered in vanilla ice cream.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:00 am
Winchester says...

Do, you really know how hard it is to hug people with icce cream in hand? And then Tiger started an ice ceam fight.

"IT'S ON!" I shouted, grabbing another tub of ice cream.

The fight lasted about half an hour, and i headed upstairs to my room and had a shower, I was one of us the youngest, 12. There was me, Ninji and Dragon who were twelve but people said i looked about 14. I didn't agree with them though.

I headed back down stairs, I went back outside, and sat down and started to write, and lisen to my ipod at the same time. Until dicided to creep up on me!
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:34 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

I had a huge bowl of candy when I walked in. The entrace was empty of people but there was no denying that my other friends were already here as I could hear the screaming and laugher a mile a way.

Now, on chat, I would generously cyber share my candy. Not as I had a choice. Everytime I mentioned it, someone stole it. I cradled the bowl to my chest and walked slowly in.

"Teti! Tiger! WT!" I grinned at my friends, atempting to shift the focus off my precious candy. Heck no I wasn't about to share my butterfingers. Or THE FEAST of snickers. Milkways's galore and enough Reece's to satisfy even my chocolate obsession

"Ishala! Ninj! How are..." I stopped once their smiles faded and their eyes zoomed in on my candy.

I backed away and they walked slowly towards me.

"No...no!" I shouted and threw the nasty, cheap candy, like Cowtails, at them. "Back demons."

I feared for my candy's very life. So I turned and fled into one of the mansion's many, many rooms. Let's hope that they got lost....unfortunately I already was.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:10 pm
ImABookPerson says...

My second StoryBook! 8D

Appearance (A picture of you or just written): 5'9 feet. shoulder length hair, dark-brown eyes :)

Name (user or real name, or both): ImABookPerson, or Booky :D Real name is Melor.

Likes:Paramore, good music, food, and of course books! 8D

Dislikes: Bad music, bad fashion, and rude people.
Attachments
33988_134611639899454_100000518554199_281941_667237_n.jpg
33988_134611639899454_100000518554199_281941_667237_n.jpg (15.83 KiB) Viewed 203 times
I won't run when the sky turns to flame
and I sure won't budge when the earth does shake
when the flood comes up, I will dance in the rain
'cause it's all the same to me

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:14 pm
LadyPurple says...

Name (user or real name, or both): Lady Purple.

Appearance (A picture of you or just written): 5 foot 6. Long, dirty blonde hair always put in a long braid down my back to my waist (tied with laces because I liked to do that when my hair was long :D) Hazel eyes that seem green when I'm up to no good (That's how my mom knows that I'm up to somethining). And no bangs. Sometimes tan skin. I like wearing blue, red, purple, and black. When no one is looking I wear a purple gown. I really do.

Likes: Movies, Playing with my plastic swords, video games, linx, reading, writing, swimming, watching fires, and playing fun board games.

Dislikes: Smelly things, yucky food, meanies, I don't always like rap, obnoxious people, and tella marketers....
That's about it... My first SB entry.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

206 Reviews

Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:23 pm
LadyPurple says...

I walked up to the mansion smiling. My plastic swords at my side and my bags in my hands. I opened the front doors, which were pretty strange since the knobs were big 'YWS's, and walked in. I heard yelling, laughing, and talking. This was gonna be fun. I headed up stairs, downstairs again, through every hall, and outside. There was no sword room... Then I thought out loud, "Oooh! I can make a sword fighting room!"
Then I noticed that some people stared at me because I seemed to be talking to myself. Then I wandered around to find a good place for the sword room.

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:03 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

I walked into the mansion my duffle bag hitting my sides there was no one except for a few monkeys in the entrance but I heard screaming and hugging going on. I walked in and saw everyone was lying around gasping for air and laughing. I saw Ishy and I glomped her. "ISHY!!" I shouted happily. She looked confused. "It's LOTDR." I said still hugging her. She gasped and hugged me back. Then I glomped NCM. "HI PEOPLE!!" I said happily jumping up and down. "This place is freeky awesome!" I said happily.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:00 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Can someone bring me in?
Live, Love, Laugh

206 Reviews

Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:13 pm
LadyPurple says...

I heard Fictionfanfiction outside and stopped my search for a big room to turn into an armory. I walked outside to invite them in.
"Come on in," I said happily walking Fiction in.

~Rosey Unicorn

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:06 pm
MilkNCookies says...

I shuddered, trying to get Ninja off me.

"EW!" I yelled to ninja. "I HATE HUGS!" I yelled, to mysel this time, before grabbing one of the candies that was thrown on the floor. I finally shook Ninja off. He stayed connected to Isha, though. I saw some other people pull up. I never though I would meet my fellow YWSers, hey! Maybe some of them were as addicted as me!
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:18 pm
ImABookPerson says...

As I walked out of the kitchen, sipping a soda, I noticed that Lady was standing near the staircase with Isha.
"Yo guys!" I said, as a waved my free hands at them.I could feel a smiled appearing on my face.

"Ulkie!" Isha said, as she jumped. "Hey Booky!" Lady smiling.
"You guys should really check out the fridge in this mansion, there's like so many food in it!" I said, excitedly." I'm pretty sure I saw a cookie box in the fridge, while I was getting this" I gestured to my soda.
They grinned and said "Awesome!". "I want a cookie!" Isha said, and quickly got up and headed for the kitchen.

I laughed, and smiled to myself. I got a feeling this place is going to be great.

:D
I won't run when the sky turns to flame
and I sure won't budge when the earth does shake
when the flood comes up, I will dance in the rain
'cause it's all the same to me

a little humanity makes all the difference
— Rosendorn