z

Young Writers Society

Survivor Island **Has Started, join**

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:20 am
SoggyPoptart says...

MAIN IDEA:

Have you watched Jersey Shore or the Real Life? Guess what? They have nothing on this storybook!!! Your character will be living with other people s/he has never met before. It is nothing like a dream paradise, your character was on an cruise ship which has recked and was blown to nothing in the middle of the ocean.

PLOT:

Your character/s has been blessed to have landed on a deserted island that has never been placed on a map.While others have been ate by sharks, and have drown. Not to worry, others have been arriving since the ships wreck. The only good thing about this is that the island is warm and has a lot of fruit. The only disappointing news it that there are a couple of skulls and a medium size hut. The island may be small but to your character it seems never ending. What will your character do to survive? Who will they meet? Will they ever get back home? Will they find love? Or will death come knocking at their door?

BACKGROUND/SETTING:

The time of year on the island:
Summer.

Tons of tropical trees/plants.
The floor is either shaded green grass or hot sand by the beach.

Dangers:

Deadly snakes, spiders, other insects...
Deadly plants.
The suns harmful rays
Sharp rocks/Cliffs
ect...

CHARACTER PROFILE:

Name:
Personality: (Headstrong, independent, snotty ect...)
Other Personal: (Likes, dislikes,)
Apperance: Pictures are nice but NOT required! (wears glasses, dirty blond hair, scar under left eye, 5'3 ect...)
Brief history: (Short history, I don't want seven flippin paragraphs)
UFL: (Up for love)
Other:

RULES:

1.) You may have the MAX of 2 characters: (If you have two, one must be female and the other male)

2.) Any posts must be AT LEAST 600 characters (Really, it's not too much to ask).

3.) Your characters can be perfect for all I care, just don't make them indestructible! And do NOT, I repeat do NOT kill off any other user's character without their permission and mine.

4.) Once you post a character profile you are in this storybook until it dies. Yes, I will hound you about this!

5.) You must post at a minimum of 3 times a week. You MAY post MORE than this.
(PM me if there is any reason you can't, I'm human I understand)

6.) Keep your mouth clean, or keyboard in this case ;) No word outside the lines of the F bomb. Saying words like "She is such a whor-" Say something better instead like flousy.

7.) No very very detailed violence/love scenes. (Yes violence/love IS ALLOWED just keep PG-16)

8.) If you have any questions feel free to PM me, seriously it's no problem. Ask away.

9.) Anyone can join!

10.)And have fun, yes this is a rule!

You have no food, water, and you know no one who will you trust?

PM me, if you have any questions.
-Soggy (Kirst)
Last edited by SoggyPoptart on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:39 am
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

One girl profile, coming up

Name: Jasmine

Personality: (Headstrong, independent, snotty ect...)

Other Personal: (Likes, dislikes,)

Apperance: Pictures are nice but NOT required! (wears glasses, dirty blond hair, scar under left eye, 5'3 ect...)

Brief history: (Short history, I don't want seven flippin paragraphs)

UFL: Yes

Other:
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:33 pm
XChangeX says...

Name: Chey Anne Michaels (First name is Chey, pronounced like Shy)
Personality: Independent but likes to surround herself with good people, Witty and not afraid to use her mouth, Headstrong, Loyal,
Other Personal: Scared of the dark and water that she can't see the bottom in. Is good with knives.
Apperance: Strawberry Blonde hair, 5'6, Slender/Athletic build, Blue eyes, Pouty lips, Wears her curves well.
Brief history: Unknown (Will come out in SB)
UFL: Yes!
Other: Wears several rings, all of which family heirlooms.
The only constant in our lives is Change.

Revelations 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eye. There will be no more mourning or death or pain. There will be no more crying for the old way of things has gone away.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:04 am
fictionfanatic says...

reserving spot!
Live, Love, Laugh

33 Reviews

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:29 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Name:Charli Ashton
Personality: Independent, artistic, social, optimistic,
Other Personal: Charli loves camping and has a true fear of peanut butter. She doesn't want to be left alone
Apperance: Dark long brown hair, aqua almond eyes, long lashes, around 5'3, weighs 127 lbs
Spoiler! :

Brief history: Has one living relative (half-sister) and works as an artist for comic books. She lives in Oregon. Charli went on a cruise for her 21st birthday with her two best friends, who she hasn't seen since.
UFL: (Up for love) YES
Other:N/A

Name:Jack Benson
Personality:Quiet, polite, old-fashion, smiles alot, good sense of humor, mature, different.
Other Personal: He is always looking for a miracle
Apperance: Brown hair (slightly shaggy), hazel eyes (more greenish), tall about 6'5, has a thin scar on his right cheek.
Spoiler! :

Brief history: Lost both parents in a car accident, helped build the ship, three brothers and one sister. He was just tagging along hoping to find something life changing.
UFL: (Up for love) YES
Other:N/A
Last edited by SoggyPoptart on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:50 am
Eniarrol says...

Name: Sasha Hanson
Personality: Guarded , Too trusting, Quiet, Adventurous
Other Personal: Scared of being alone
Appearance: 5'7, Long ginger hair, Bright green eyes, Pale skin
Spoiler! :

History: Adoptive parents, Went on the cruise to see the sights
Other: N/A
A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing.

~Previously SweetMoments

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:35 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Saving a spot!
Name: Ice Rose
Personality: Fiery temper, independent, creative and dark sense of humor
Other Personal: Likes:Music singing reading drawing running animals and gymnastics
Dislikes: Mean people, animal cruelty, rude people, and not having music.
Apperance: Black hair to the middle of her back dark blue eyes 5'5 a scar on her cheek she is slim and doesn't look as strong as she is.
History: She and her mother was abused by her father so she and her mother ran to her aunt Diana's house where they live
Other: She has her Ipod CD a CD player and batteries.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:01 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

Name: Haydn Jarvis
Personality: independent, slightly stuck up, strong yet emotional.
Other Personal: modeling, pop and rock music, fashion, photography.
Apperance: 5ft7
Brief history: Haydn is from a common Leicester family, he moved over to Austrailia to follow his photography and modeling dreams.
Attachments
38299_1356303263910_1121321994_30855857_5771388_a.jpg
38299_1356303263910_1121321994_30855857_5771388_a.jpg (15.63 KiB) Viewed 338 times
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

33 Reviews

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:15 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Fantasic! I promise we will start soon!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:39 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Name: Cleo

Personality: He doesn't like to be with other persons, usually. He has few friends, but they are VERY close. He has a large scar on his leg from a fight, and since then always has a dagger on him. Yes, he has it now, but he had to swim to the island from the ocean and it's all rusty.

Other Personal: Likes to make up words, though his accent is distinctly from new york.

Apperance: Pictures are nice but NOT required!
Spoiler! :

Brief history: he won a free cruise in a lottery-type thing. the boat sunk and he swarm to the island. (P.S is very hesitant to give up any more about his history)

UFL: *chuckles* if you want him, go ahead , but he wont be that amazing.

Other: NM

Finish later!
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:29 pm
fictionfanatic says...

sorry, but I can't do this. tons of hw (i hate school so much right now)
Live, Love, Laugh

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:10 am
Roadnevertravelled says...

Name: Molly Ashken
Personality: She is creative and likes to voice her opinions, some call her weird. She likes to talk to people and can make good logical desisions. Sometimes she voices opinions about the world and such that others find odd. example " Isn't it strange to think that everyone might see light differently? The blue I see might look like the pink I see to people, and you can never know because you can't get inside their heads." She can be very childish and also very adult sometimes.
Other Personal: She loves her little sister, Annie, who is five. She likes fire, swimming, and sand castles. She hates fish, crabs, dirty toes, and not being able to see.
Apperance: She is 5'6" with wavy brown hair and light blue eyes. She doesn't wear earrings and has freckles. She doesn't usually smile as much as she does in the picture.

Brief history: she was going to MIT for college, took a cruise, and look where she is now. Her sister was born when she was 14 and they really love eachother. Molly misses her.
UFL: sure (history- last time she dated someone, it lasted 24 hours.)
Other: I don't think so, if i think of something later i'll write it here.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

33 Reviews

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:51 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

We are starting! Feel free to PM anyone to join and such***

Jack-

WHOOOSH!!! Huge waves rolled in from the ocean, Jack happened to be right in the middle of the wave, the breath rushed out of his lungs. He was plunged onto a hot, buring, no... Boiling surface. He coughed into the sand. The small crushed rocks burned his arms, hands, and face. Jack was too beat to even stand. What the hell just happened? He was barley able to lift his neck. Pain shot through the sore muscles and Jack groaned and forced his hands to push up from the sand. He dug his toes into the sand and immediately regreted it. He jumped and stuck his feet into the rushing waves of the ocean careful not to get himself pulled into the tide. He brought his fingers to his eyes to wipe away the sand. Jack then turned around, and looked at his surroundings.

Trees... Lots and lots of trees. Burning sand, and freakin trees. The trees themselves looked like a forest.

"Where am I?" Jack breathed. He thought if this were a beautiful beach surely people would be here? "HELLO!!!" Jack yelled only to hear his own works bellow and echo.

"Ello... Ello...Lo... Lo..." Then fade to complete silence...
______

Charli-
Memory

Tonight is the night, that the club was opening. Charli was ready to mingle and drink! She hairsprayed the last bit of her beautiful long, dark, hair. She put on the last of her make-up, used to make her aqua eyes pop. She heard a friend of hers laugh.

"C'mon Charli, by the time you're ready the club will already be closed." Sally laughed.

"I'm ready, lets just... Go and have a good time." Charli said. "First round of drinks is on you!"Charli laughed, and got up, she put her ID and Card room key into her pocket.

Water shot up Charli's nose. The waves hit her, hard. Her body shook, and she pulled her body into a sitting postion. She gasped and then choked, then coughed. She wiped her hair back and stared. Her jeans were soaked and her black t-shirt was attracting the sunlight. She grasped sand through her hands and let it fall back to the ground...

"Sally?" she said as a whisper. "SALLY?!" Only to hear the echo. "SALLY?!... SALLY... ALLY...."Charli looked around the island. She was alone...

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:15 pm
Roadnevertravelled says...

Molly-

Molly woke to be welcomed by a pounding headache and a parched throat. As she tried to sit up, she found all her muscles to be sore. She looked at her surrounding, beach, tropical forest, ocean. "Where am I?" She thought. " What happened?"

With more observation, she found a gray piece of plastic half buried in the sand. Flipping it over, she found the blue letters EAN TREASU written on the back. Part of the boat's name. She clutched the piece of plastic that was now her lifeline to the boat that had wrecked her here, stuck on this island. Or, was it an island? Molly couldn't see more than a hundred yards to the sides before it started turning, so it could be a peninsula. Struggling to her feet, she called out in the loudest voice she could.
" Anyone here?" her only answer was her echo " ny one here? here? ere? ere?" She was alone.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:33 am
Eniarrol says...

Sasha-

The salt water stung the back of her throat the warm ocean pulling her towards the shore. Golden sand, palm trees, a large coral reef beneath her feet. Where was she? She trudged towards the island ignoring the screaming protest of her muscles unused for so long floating in the ocean.
"No, Jack?" She screamed running toward a dark sillouette of a man on the shore. Panting she reached him his chest rose and fell just like it was supposed to breathing deeply with relief she eyed the forest ahead of her and making up a decision she started toward the heart of the forest she wasn't going to stay around here feeling sorry for herself.
A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing.

~Previously SweetMoments

Live your life how you want, but don't confuse drama with happiness.
— Ron, Parks & Rec