z

Young Writers Society

To Have and To Hold (*coco + soggypoptart)

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:18 pm
*coco says...

The journey to the Anderson Manor was killing Naya. Her heart was pumping furiously against her chest. She was in complete shock. Jace had found out about the secret that she'd spent the past two years trying to hide. He'd found out about her abortion...

As they finally pulled up to the Anderson drive, paparazzi were outside waiting for them. Security surrounded the limo they were in and both Naya and Julian were quickly ushered into the house.

Inside, close family and friends were there to welcome them. A small toast was given by Linda Anderson thanking everyone for coming and wishing the new couple happiness before people began to slowly leave.

Naya looked for an opportunity to confront Jace. She was sure he would tell everyone about what he knew if she didn't stop him. Julian's parents and her parents were speaking to some of the guests. Suddenly, her eyes caught Jace storming through the house and down a narrow hallway into a room on the right which Naya could only guess would be the family office. It was now or never.

“Welcome to our home,” Julian’s sister Jennifer suddenly came up to her and smiled. “Can I get you anything? A glass of water, some champagne perhaps...?”

“Um, could you tell me where the restroom is?” Naya asked, thinking on her feet.

“Sure. It’s down the hallway to your left ...” Jennifer pointed towards the same hallway Jace had just walked through.

“Thank you,” Naya smiled politely and gathered her dress.

Taking deep breaths, Naya headed down the narrow hallway until she approached the door on the right. She slowly turned her head to see if anyone was watching her before entering.

Inside, she found Jace pouring himself some whisky and draining it in one go before slamming the glass back down to the table. As the doors creaked shut behind Naya, he looked up.

“You invited Dr. Richards?” Naya’s voice shook with fury.

“Maybe,” he replied simply, pouring himself another round of whisky.

Thick tears began to swell up inside Naya’s eyes. “Why?"

Jace drained his second glass. “You know exactly why.”

“How did you...” Naya's voice faultered as she took a nervous step forward. “How did you found about the...the-”

“-about your recent abortion?” Jace offered, causing Naya’s face instantly drain itself of colour. “I have my ways, Naya. Did you really think you could keep that a secret from me? Killing my unborn child...?”

“You broke my heart, Jace!" Naya breathed. "I found out I was pregnant after I left you and I was scared...You know what my parents are like, they would've disowned me if they found out about it...I thought I would've had to go through with it on my own...I had to get rid of it...”

Jace’s jaws tightened. "You had no right to make that decision."

“I'm begging you, Jace...” Naya said, her voice now desperate. “Please, don't tell anyone-”

“Or what?” his voice dared her. He was dangerously close now. “Do you wanna know the real reason why I invited Dr. Richard’s to the ceremony today? It wasn’t to tell everyone about what you did. It was to see the look on your face. It was to show you how easily I could get to you, how easily I could ruin you. Dr. Richard’s is just the beginning...soon you’re going to regret the day you left me...”

Naya was choking on her tears. “Jace, please...”

But her pleas fell on deaf ears as far as Jace was concerned. “I think you should leave...”
Last edited by *coco on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:35 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian stormed through the house, he didn't want another damn get together! He was sick of them, he sore if there were anymore he would just stop going altogether. He hated what this entire family had become, he was married to one of his family's arch ememies. He didn't hate all of them, some had actually saved him. He would never admit it out loud. Julian grabbed a glass of wine. He saw Jennifer walking towards him.

She smiled. "You looked like a happy groom today." she elbowed his ribs. Jennifer was a red-head. She had the same featuristics of Jace except much more feminine.

Julian clenched his jaw. "Do not bait me, Jenn." It was the worst feeling in the world to be married. Amazingly aweful. "I'm not in the mood to be teased today."

Now, it was Jennifer who laughed. "Oh, Julian you never like being teased. Just remember that even after everything we've been through you'll always be my hero and I'll always love you." Her eyes were sincere.

"Yeah." Julian snorted.

She gave him a scowl. "Julian just admit it, you love me too. You'd do anything for me. Just like you did everything for Jessica."

Julian's neck muscles bunched and he stiffend. "Do. Not. Talk. About Jessica. Ever."

Jennifer backed off. "I'm sorry Julian, I shouldn't have said that. She was my sister too you know. I would have done anything for her."

Julian growled. His cat eyes glittered. "I know. Just... Don't bring her up... Now where the hell is my little brother and my wife?"
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

130 Reviews

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:31 pm
*coco says...

Naya was in the restroom. Her entire body trembled as she shakily gripped the edges of the sink and leaned over to look in the mirror. There were tear stains down her cheeks and her face had paled alarmingly. She hurriedly began to fix her make-up, reminding herself over and over to stop thinking and just take deep and calm breaths.

Suddenly, she heard Jace’s voice from outside the door. He sounded like he was on the phone and judging by the tone of his voice, he was far from happy. Naya slowly crept towards the door and placed her ear against it to try and make out the conversation.

“Rich, trust me, alright, the plan is full-proof, I’ve checked the numbers myself, they’re solid. I'm telling you, man, if we can cut this deal we’ll be unstoppable...”

Silence.

“Don't worry, I’ll get you the money, I’ll wire it into your account by the end of the week, just put in a good word for me so we can do this...”

Silence. Naya listened intently.

“No, no, no, listen to me, don’t tell anyone about it, this is just between you and me, alright, if people hear about this the cop’s are gonna start sniffing us out and..." he paused for a second. "This needs to stay between us and only us, alright? Look, I can't talk right now, I’ll call you in the morning...”

Naya waited until she could no longer hear Jace’s footsteps before she moved her ear away from the door. Her mind raced with what she'd just heard. From what it sounded like, Jace had gotten into some kind've shady business. Hardly surprising given his past, he'd always gotten himself involved with bad people, it was one of the reasons why Naya had left him in the first place. But whatever was going on now, Naya suddenly realised that she wasn’t the only one with secrets that could be exploited...

Realising that people would probably be looking for her by now, Naya sighed and took in a deep breath before heading back out to the main room. Most of the guests had left, only several close associates to the family remained, discussing matters with Naya and Julian’s parents.

“There you two are,” she heard Jennifer’s voice and turned. It was only until she saw Jace by her side did Naya realise who Jennifer was talking to. She looked at Naya suddenly. “Are you alright?” she asked.

“Yeah, I'm fine,” Naya swallowed, tucking a loose curl behind her ear and smiling in what she hoped was a reassuring way. Her heart pounded fast as Jace brushed past her, cockily whistling an upbeat tune. He was obviously drunk.

“Come and have a seat, let’s chat...” Jennifer said.

She led Naya to where Jace had now joined Julian near several couches in the corner of the room.

“Where the hell have you been?” Julian frowned at Jace

“Just taking care of some business, bro...”

“By business I hope you mean the Michelson Project.”

Jace rolled his eyes.

“I'm serious, Jace,” Julian scowled, his eyebrows knitted together. “We need that project. Our company can’t afford anymore losses, especially after Starnes & Co. pulled the plug thanks to you-”

Naya noticed Jace's jaws clench.

“Boys...” Jennifer pressed, half-irritated. “Can we not talk about business, at least for today?”

“She’s right,” Jace said sinically, “let’s talk about the happy couple instead...”

Julian's cat-like green eyes sparkling dangerously.

“Where are you two love-birds going for your Honeymoon, anyway?”

Honeymoon. Even the word made Naya squirm, and hearing it from Jace’s lips didn’t make it any easier.
Last edited by *coco on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

33 Reviews

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:49 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

I'll show you a damn honeymoon. Julian thought wanting to punch Jace. Yes, he was Julian's little brother but he was getting annoying. Julian walked over to the table, poured a half a glass of 40 proof vodka, and returned to the couch. Jace had a pissed off look on his face, as if he'd lost a board game. If Jace lost this project, Julian was going to personally skin him alive and mount his ass over the fire place. The image of that made Julian smirk, then the look left his face before anyone noticed.

"Don't worry, Jason, I've got the honeymoon planned out just fine." He trailed off...

Jace grumbled, and shifted in his seat, it was him, Jennifer and then Naya. Julian remained standing. He took a sip of the drink, the vodka burned his throat as it went down. Julian didn't let an expression pass over his face. He was annoyed, not only by Jace's acting up but this whole situation. Of marriage, he now had someone else to take care of.

"Oh, I'm not worried. I'm just wondering why you would waste you're time. When we all know your little miss is going to complain the entire way. Say, who made the tradition called a honeymoon. I personally think that it is just plain stupid." Jace ran his mouth, he was drunk. Julian was pissed.

Julian let a growl disappear in his throat. Jace was on dangerous grounds and better watch where he stepped. "Jace, a honeymoon is just an excuse to get away from family. I think Naya and I are both going to enjoy it. We deserve to leave. Plus it will give me sometime to get to know Naya." Julian said, he then poured more into his mouth, he wasn't even close to getting a buzz. Damnit. Well, he was going to try to make this work, just a little bit.

"Oh, yeah... You'll get to know her very well, who in this world hasn't gotten to know her." Jace muttered, not intending Julian to hear.

Julian placed his sweet vodka down on the table and marched towards Jace. He pulled him up by the ear and yanked him up. "She is my wife now. Watch what you say about her. Do you understand me?" Julian was speaking through clenched teeth.

Jace whimpered. Jennifer stood up.

"Julian let him go!" Jennifer squeaked.

Jace whimpered again.

"Good. Next time I hear you say something like that, you're going to wish you'd never learned how to speak." With that Julian let go of Jace's ear. His ear was now red and bleeding. Julian's green eyes met with Naya's. "Grab your stuff... We're leaving."

With that Julian was headed out the door, his fists were clenched and he towered over everyone. No one tried to stop them...
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

130 Reviews

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:09 am
*coco says...

Naya stood frozen as she watched Julian storm out of the house, Jennifer running after him. This was crazy. One minute she and Jennifer were talking, and the next minute Julian was holding Jace up by the ear and threatening him.

“What did you say to him?” Naya asked Jace once Jennifer was out of sight.

“Nothing...” Jace slurred, as he wiped the remaining blood from his ear and poured himself another drink as though nothing out of the ordinary had just happened.

“You’re pathetic,” Naya spat.

Jace laughed heartily. “Let me get this straight: you’ve just married a guy who told me himself that a) he thinks your just a rich tart, and b) who only married you to do your dad a favour...and you think I’m the one that’s pathetic?”

Naya could feel tears swell up inside her eyes.

Did Julian really say all those things?

“Not to worry though...” Jace swallowed and smacked his lips. “This lame marriage won’t even last a year...I’ll make sure of that...” he drained his glass and with that, he walked off.

Before Naya could react, Jennifer re-enter the house.

“Sorry about that,” she explained. “Julian has a bit of a temper on him...I'm actually hoping you can be the one to kick it out of his system. He needs someone gentle and level-headed around to calm him down.” She let out a sigh. "Anyway, you should probably get going, he’s waiting for you outside.”

Naya didn't want to go anywhere with Julian. She didn't want to see his face again after hearing what Jace had said. But there was no way out of it. She knew she had no choice.

With a heavy heart, she gathered her dress, bid her parents goodbye and stepped out of the house.
Last edited by *coco on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

33 Reviews

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:44 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Blood boiled. Julian was so frusterated he didn't even want to think. Let alone go on a honeymoon. He wanted to just live life without complications is that too much to ask? Hmm? Obviously so. He knew one thing he had to protect now. It was his pride. It was the only thing that kept him going. True self-pride. Nothing else. Julian pulled out in a red 1965 Ford pick up truck. The word F O R D plastered on the tailgate. It was outlined with silver. It was old, yes but Naya was just going to have to suck it up, this was her life now. It was with Julian whatever he said, goes.

Naya stopped a couple feet away from the truck. "What... In the... World... Is... That?" She squeaked.

"That darling, is our new truck. Hop in angel face it's going to be a long drive."

130 Reviews

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:08 pm
*coco says...

Angel Face?

Naya felt herself twitch. She just stared at Julian waiting for his expression to change...waiting for him to say he was just kidding.

No such luck.

She just stood there and stared at him stupidly. With all the tedious planning for the wedding, Naya had never stopped to think about what would actually happen after the wedding was over. Troubled by Jace’s threats and the fear of how she'd manage to get through the ceremony without running away, she'd shut her eyes to the troublesome notion that she'd now have to live with this man for the rest of her life...as his wife...

Biting her bottom lip in order to stop herself from screaming, she gathered her dress and hoisted herself up onto the pathetic excuse for a vehicle, slamming the door shut behind her.

Julian entered the truck and turned on the ignition making it roar to life. Naya stared out of the window as if her life depended on it. She didn't trust herself to look at him, she was scared she'd kill him if she did. That was how furious she was. Soon they began to pull out of the driveway and journey through the long and winding roads ahead.

Several minutes into the journey, the silence was deafening but Naya didn’t bother to try and strike up a conversation this time. She felt furious, humilated, not to mention hungry and tired.

They soon stopped at a red light beside an impressive black Camero. Inside were a group of good-looking boys no older than Naya. She'd obviously caught their attention because they started wolf-whistling at her and asking for her number over the window.

Julian, noticing, moved forwards and glared at them dangerously. The boys immediately shut up and sped off down the road.

Naya threw Julian a death-stare. “Why did you bother? I’m a rich tart, remember? I’m supposed to like that kind've attention...”

“Excuse me?” Julian looked down at her, arching a brow

Naya rolled his eyes. The obnoxious bastard. “Of course...” she spat, “this is the part where you act like you have no idea what I’m talking about...”

A heavy pause filled the air.

“Who told you I called you that?” he asked her.

“It’s irrelevant...” Naya responded bitterly.

Julian exhailed deeply. "Look, if it makes a difference I didn’t mean it. I was just angry. Go ahead and call me whatever names you want.”

Naya crossed her arms and threw him a look. “I called you an obnoxious bastard inside my head a few minutes ago...”

And she had plenty more insults where that came from...
Last edited by *coco on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.

33 Reviews

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:56 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Obnoxious bastard. Huh, I kinda like the sound of that. Julian couldn't help but think. Of course he knew he'd called her a rich tart. He wouldn't deny saying it. He didn't really remember it or where it had taken place, but he knew he'd said it. Julian kept both hands on the wheel of the truck, they were relaxed... which was weird. Was she really that angry? He turned for just a second to look at her. Her face was staring out the window and no where else. Yes, she was angry. She didn't speak and just crossed her arms.

"Ass..." Naya muttered.

Julian smirked. "What was that?"

"You're an ass! A jerk! A stupidface!" She uncrossed her arms and stared at him.

Julian kept a blank expression. "Keep 'em coming."

She made a frusterated teenage girl sound. And she kept the names coming.

About five minutes later she was done. Wowzer, that girl had a mouth on her. She was finally a little more use to Julian. She shifted in the bench seat.

130 Reviews

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:10 pm
*coco says...

Half an hour into the journey, Naya’s stomach growled angrily.

“Are you hungry?” Julian asked.

“A little...”

“Good. So am I.”

He turned the wheel and suddenly pulled up outside a diner in the middle of nowhere. Naya thought he was just trying to be funny, but then Julian parked up just outside.

“I'm not eating in there!” Naya howled, putting two-and-two together.

Julian's expression was blank. “Why not?”

"I’m in a wedding dress! People will stare at me...”

“So?” was his only reply.
Last edited by *coco on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 11 times in total.

33 Reviews

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:27 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian stood in line. He was never comfortable with someone waiting on him hand and foot. In fact it made him feel like he was disabled, he didn't like the feeling. He realized when he was twelve that he had two hands and feet for a reason. He didn't laugh when he saw her dress trailing behind her. She was right, everyone was staring at her. Julian didn't mind, because he wasn't the one getting stared at.

"What are we going to eat, here?" Naya whined. Yes, in fact she did.

Julian was a lot more patient than he thought he could ever be. "Food." Was his only reply.

Finally, a waitress led them to a booth in the back. It was more alone time. Yay just what Julian had wanted... Really? Well, he guessed he would have to live with it. At least he remembered her name. He just hoped she didn't try to get into deep conversation or complain. Those were the worse kind of conversations a woman could bring up. They sat facing each other. Julian ordered a steak, jumbo fries and a burger. He wished it was a chinese resteraunt. He loved chinese food.

"So where are you taking me?" Naya asked.

He figured she would some time soon. Julian loosened his tie, just a bit. He sat up more straight, towering over her, as usual. "I'm taking you to the airport." He said calmly.

"I know that. I mean where are we going... For our honeymoon?" She asked, she had a worried look on that pretty face of hers.

"We are going to Rome... Italy." Julian spoke.

She looked a bit taken back. "Why Rome?" She asked, not complaining but curious.

The waitress came and delivered their drinks, and food. She even batted her eyes at Julian a little. He only fake smiled in return. Julian was a little annoyed with all the questions. He didn't respond for a comple minutes. He drank his beer and started to cut his steak.

"Julian?"

He looked up. "Hmm?"

"Why are we going to Rome?" She asked again, this time more quietly.

He looked her in the eyes. "Business."

130 Reviews

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:49 pm
*coco says...

Business?

Naya wondered what he meant by that. She studied him carefully, her eyes darting around his face for some clues, but he gave none. He just kept a blank expression.
Last edited by *coco on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

33 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:10 am
SoggyPoptart says...

When they were both done with dinner, which was very silent-Julian went picked up her bag and his he handed her her bag and he headed towards the mens restroom. He was almost ready to open the door to the bathroom when he noticed she hadn't moved. He turned around, she was still standing in the same spot. She had a what the hell am I suppose to do with this look on her face.

"Naya, I don't have all day. Go into the bathroom and change... For the flight." He then finished. His voice was deep and he was serious. As usual.

She raised an annoyed eyebrow.

Julian didn't blink, he set down his bag. "Or I could help you. Your choice." He ground out.

He enjoyed watching her face burn red with embarassment, as she fled to the bathroom with her bag. Julian couldn't wipe the smile he made sure she didn't see, off his face until he was finished dressing. Julian had on a snug black t-shirt that flattered his abdoman very well. Dark jeans that fit well and a black jacket. He knew that Naya had never seen him like this, he wasn't sure if it bothered him or not...

130 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:21 pm
*coco says...

Or I could help you...the smug little...

Naya nearly gagged up her meal from the stench of the women's restroom.

Gross...

Wincing in disgust, she shut the door with her nails and gathered her dress, practically tiptoeing towards the line of dirty basins before she rummaged through her travel-bag.

She hurriedly undressed, carefully folding up her wedding dress and storing it away. Leaving her hair as it was, she pulled on some blacks tights and changed into a short dark grey dress with black ankle boots - the colors seemed to reflect how pissed off she was at the moment. when she was done, she grabbed her bags and stepped out of the smelly restroom.

“You took your time...”

Naya was just about to retaliate with a sarcastic comment of her own before she realised Julian’s sudden change in appearance. Standing before her wasn't the suit-wearing Julian she'd become used to seeing, it was the t-shirt and jeans Julian. He looked so normal and [god-forbid] hot!

She quickly snapped herself out of it. Hot or not this guy was still a grade A asshole. So turned her nose up at him and brushed past, strutting out of the diner.
Last edited by *coco on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

33 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:12 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian was smug when she stalked out of the restraunt. Yes, she was a beauty. He didn't forget about that. He quietly paid for their dinner. Dinner was only thrity dollars which was nothing. He picked up his bag, and got into the truck. She was again not staring at him. He put his bag in the back seat. He started the truck and then again they were off!

The whole ride to the airport was silent.

When they boarded their flight they weren't going to be first class. Surprise Princess. Julian had a slight smug look on his face.

"Why are we not first class?" Naya turned to face him in horror.

Julian slowly looked down at her. "Sorry, guess they're all booked."

"You did this on purpose didn't you?" She growled. She seemed angry.

He just stared at her. "I don't think you understand, Angel Face you don't exactly know me yet. I'd say you are on some thin ice right now. Don't test me." With that he stalked to find his seat, not waiting for her.

130 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:49 pm
*coco says...

Naya just stared at him. Why was he being a jerk to her again?

“This way to your seat ma’am...” one of the air-hostesses smiled politely, pointing straight down the aisle.

Naya threw her a dark look before dragging her bag towards her seat. A guy who sat across the aisle from her smiled as he watched her try to hoist her bag into the luggage compartments.

“Here let me help,” he offered, he had a slight Italian accent and a really cute face.

“Thanks,” smiled Naya as he effortlessly picked up her bag and packed it into the compartment.

“You’re welcome,” he smiled before returning to his seat.

Naya took her own seat which was unfortunately next to Julian. Before takeoff, she tried to get herself comfortable but it was proving difficult. The truth was that she was terrified. Even though she’d been travelling all over the world since she was born, flying was still something she feared. At least in first class she had room to breathe, here the seats were so close together it made her feel claustrophobic. Hoping to keep her mind off things, she pulled out a copy of vogue and tried to relax..

"Ladies and gentlemen, the captain has now turned the seatbelt sign on...please enjoy your flight..."

It wasn't working...

The plane was now on the runway, standing by. She took a discrete breath in, then out, then in, then out. She shut her eyes tightly and kept them shut as the plane's wheels left the runway, and didn't open them until the plane was thousands of feet in the air.

"I'm starting to think you’re not a big fan of flying?" Julian commented, flicking through his newspaper whilst accepting a drink from one of the flight-attendants.

Naya threw him a look before turning her face away. The asshole. She hoped he choked on his drink.
Last edited by *coco on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.
— Genesis 3:19