z

Young Writers Society

To Have and To Hold (*coco + soggypoptart)

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:28 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Julain really didn't know what else to say. He was going to be honest. Honest, but not rude. He watched Naya pick at her plate. He looked over her shoulder to see Walter saying something to all guests, he didn't bother to listen.

This marriage wasn't going to happen...
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

33 Reviews

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:28 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Julain really didn't know what else to say. He was going to be honest. Honest, but not rude. He watched Naya pick at her plate. He looked over her shoulder to see Walter saying something to all guests, he didn't bother to listen.

This marriage wasn't going to happen...
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:53 pm
*coco says...

From where she was sitting, Naya could see her parents talking and drinking champagne with the Anderson's. From the outset they seemed to look like they were enjoying each other's company, but Naya could sense the tension in the air around them. The stony looks on her parents' faces said it all. They didn't want to do this anymore than Naya did...so why were they so determined for Naya to go through with this?

The thoughts continued to eat at her mind for the rest of the evening. After the painfully long dinner, all the men got together in the parlour for cigars and whisky whilst the women gathered inside the house around the piano drinking more wine and admiring the music. Naya and Julian were quickly encouraged by Linda Anderson to take a walk in the gardens together, which they both eventually and unwillingly agreed to.

The awkwardness of the dinner continued to hang in the air as they ventured through the acres of green flowered land together. As the pair approached the large marble water fountain at the centre of the garden, Naya suddenly felt her Blackberry vibrate. She knew it would be rude to pull it out at a time like this, but she was sure it was from Lola. Luckily, Julian seemed too preoccupied to notice. Discretely, Naya pulled out her phone and read Lola's message:

NAYA, JACE IS HERE AND HE LOOKS ANGRY.

Naya accidently dropped her phone to the ground in horror. She hardly heard it clatter as it hit the concrete floor.
Last edited by *coco on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

33 Reviews

Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:36 pm
View Likes
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian heard the phone clatter to the floor. He just looked at the object, the screen went black. He knelt to the ground and handed the phone back to Naya. If she was so dramatic about things he was sure that he couldn't marry her. Hell, she couldn't even make conversation. They were going to be married in two days. That is not a lot of time.

She just stared at him, he continued walking...

130 Reviews

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:07 pm
*coco says...

He was un-impressed. She could tell, but Naya was in no mood to explain herself. She needed to hide and she needed to do it now. Without explaining, she quickly brushed past him and headed towards the house with her Blackberry in her hand.

She desperately looked around her to try and spot Lola but her friend was nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, a hand violently grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled her behind some of her mother's red azalea bushes where they would be out of sight from the view of the other guests.

Naya looked up to see Jace looming over her.

“Let go of me,” Naya tried to sound threatening, but her nerves got the best of her vocal cords.

Jace's grip stayed firm. She could see a muscle twitching in his jaw. “Not until you tell me if what I'm hearing is true,” he saide. “Are you really gonna marry my brother?”

So he hadn't found out until now...

“You are, aren’t you?” Jace concluded, his voice sounded hurt. "But...what about us?” he asked.

“There is no more us,” Naya snapped angrily. “You made that perfectly clear when you-” she felt a lump in her throat making her unable to complete her sentence.

“When I, what?” Jace snapped back, his eyes glaring. “You were the one who-”

Suddenly, she could hear Lola’s voice from afar.

“Nay? Naya? Where are you?” she called.

Jace suddenly looked desperate. "C-mon, Naya," he said, moving his head close, "don't do this..."

Naya wanted to give in. The feel of Jace's breath on her skin was enough to do that, but like a slap on the face she snapped back into reality. Jace had hurt her beyond repair. There was no way she could forgive him for what he did. No way at all. With a brush of her hand she removed herself from his grasp before using all her courage to finally look him dead in the eye. “I have nothing left to say to you, Jace. I suggest you leave...”

For a while, Jace didn't respond. He simply stared at her for what felt like a lifetime before he swallowed and nodded. “Fine,” he said, slowly backing away from her. “I'll go...but don't do this...” he repeated, giving her one final look, before leaving.
Last edited by *coco on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

33 Reviews

Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:08 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

This was honestly so ridiculous. Truthfully it was all around pissing him off. He didn't want to marry her. Why could no one understand this? Why couldn't anyone understand that he couldn't love. It wasn't his fault he couldn't love, it was all... Nevermind he wasn't getting into this argument with himself he did it too much. He strode to the house confidently. He gently opened the door. He accidently walked into a short woman with big brown eyes and black hair.

"I'm sorry, excuse me." Julian spoke kindly.

"It's alright, it happens all the time." She smiled. "So you and Naya huh?" The girl smiled she looked a little younger than Naya. Why was this girl here? He had surely never seen her before.

Julian pinched the bridge of his nose. "Uh... No... No not really. I think she hates me already."

The cousin looked amused. "Don't worry you'll learn to love her. She's a sweet woman." The girl extended her hand. "I'm Lilly"

For the first time all day Julian flashed a killer smile. He had perfect white teeth and sharp four vampire teeth also known as K9 teeth.

130 Reviews

Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:46 pm
*coco says...

Naya stepped back into the house passing guests and waiters as she tried to go up to her bedroom. But her legs only made it as far as the staircase before they gave in. Her entire body was shaking from her encounter with jace and there was nothing she could do to stop

“There you are, Nay!” breathed Lola, approaching her with a sigh of relief. “I’ve been looking all over for you! Are you okay? Did you see Jace? I would’ve warned you about him earlier but your parents had me babysitting your grandmother. I swear, that woman drinks brandy like its water!”

Naya said nothing. She just let Lola ramble on. Naya figured it was best Lola didn't find out about what had just happened. the last thing she needed right now was her best freind causing a scene.

“So where’s Julian?” Lola asked, placing extra emphasis on his name like it was some sort of gross infection.

Naya shrugged. “I don't know...” she kicked off her platforms and sat down on one of the lower steps. “I totally screwed things up with him, Lo. I mean, I barely said a word to him throughout the entire meal and then when we went for a walk I accidently dropped by phone... He probably thinks I’m a freak.”

Lola rolled her eyes in annoyance. “You’re not a freak, Nay, you were just nervous. It's totally understandable!” She took a seat next her before continuing. “Anyway, Julian didn’t exactly seem so 'normal' himself! From what I could tell he didn't put in much of an effort in the communcation department, he looked so...moody... Plus, I was trying to dig up some dirt on him and guess what? I found absolutely nothing!”

Naya looked confused. "Isn't that a good thing?”

“Not when you’re as rich as the Anderson’s, it isn't!” Lola exclaimed. “I think they’ve hired someone to clean up Julian’s tracks, things like sour business deals, corruption, scandelous relationships, that sorta thing...”

Naya shrugged un-interestingly. “If you say so...”

A few seconds of silence passed between them.

“So...” sighed Lola, looking around distastefully, “now what?”

“Dunno...Julian will either find a way to get out of marrying me, or he'll listen to his parents and marry me...” She suddenly remembered Jace’s words 'Don't do this'...she could still feel his grip on her... “Either way my life is over...”

Lola gave her friend a sad smile before suddenly springing to her feet. “C-mon,” she said, dangling her car keys with a wink. “Me-thinks you need a drink...”

Naya raised her brow. "Are you crazy? My parents will kill me if just I up and leave!"

Lola gave a mischievous smile. "They won't kill you, they need you for this marriage, remember?"
Last edited by *coco on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 9 times in total.

33 Reviews

Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:37 am
SoggyPoptart says...

The next two days were crucial. Julian didn't want to get married but he knew his father was up to something. He didn't like it, and most likely Linda was up to something too. After saying goodbye to the other family, Julian felt nothing, as usual. He just simply left, he didn't get to say goodbye to his soon-to-be-wife. Maybe that was a good thing, he could tell that when his family left Walter had been pissed at Naya's failure to show up to say goodbye.

The next day Julian picked up an old pick up truck, it was a rusty red and it was a Ford. It wasn't beautiful, but that was the point. Julian smiled when he got out. His sister, Jennifer came rushing out of the house a look of pure disgust displayed on her features.

"Julian, what... The... Hell, is that???" Jenn looked like she was going to puke.

Julian turned to face her. "That my dear sweet baby sister is my new truck." This is the truck he would be taking his bride to their honeymoon in.

"No, Jules really? What is it? Did you lose your Bently?!" She almost howled at the word 'lose'.

"Seriously, seriously, Jenn. Now if you don't mind, I have to pack." Julian walked into the house, headed up to his side of the mannor and began to pack. Naya was never going to know what hit her. Less than 20 hours before their wedding. Julian couldn't wait...

130 Reviews

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:04 am
*coco says...

The next morning Naya woke up feeling like complete crap. Rosa came into her bedroom looking all cheery which was strange considering how angry everyone was with Naya last night for abandoning the dinner to go out drinking. Then again she was pretty out of it. Maybe there wasn't as much shouting as she thought...

She could see Rosa holding the morning’s paper in one hand and a mammoth breakfast tray filled with pancakes and blueberry's in the other.

"Miss Naya, wake up!"

Naya groaned and pulled the covers over her head to avoid her maid but she could still hear Rosa shreik with excitement.

“Wake up! You’ll never guess what's happened!”

“Leonardo DiCaprio's single again?” she mused beneath her blanket. For some reason sarcasm just always seemed to roll off her tongue early in the morning, especially when she was nursing a killer hangover.

Rosa rolled her eyes. “No...”

“Justin Timberlake then?”

“Miss Naya!” Rosa pulled Naya's covers back and handed her the newspaper with a look of pure glee. “You’ve made the front page!” she giggled, practically brimming with excitement.

Naya eyed her maid with confusion before turning her attention to the newspaper.

“Ew...” was all she could say. Just as Rosa had said, there were two separate pictures of her and Julian plastered on the front page with the headline: THE FUED IS OVER - HARDLINE BUSINESSMAN JULIAN ANDERSON TO MARRY SOCIALITE AND HEIRESS NAYA DU MAURIER.

“The whole city’s talking about it!” Rosa’s excitement seemed to be growing by the minute.

“That's just great...” Naya groaned louder, pulling the covers over her head again in frustration.

“Come on, Miss Naya...” smiled Rosa, gently pulling her up before placing the breakfast tray on her lap. “Now is not the time to groan. Sit up and eat your breakfast!”

Naya was in no mood for food. She shoved a few blueberry's into her mouth before grimly taking a shower and heading over to her walk-in-wardrobe to get dressed. She knew that being back on the front pages again meant that she'd have to make an extra effort with her daily outfits. After going through her racks of clothes, she finally settled for an oversized sailor's shirt, a vintage denim jacket and a pair of ankle boots. Swinging a light brown bag over her shoulder, she trudged down the stairs, her long brown curls bouncing with every step. Just as she was about to head out, she was hurriedly brisked away by her mother and her mother’s publicist, Dana.

“What’s going on?” she asked them both.

“Honey, there’s a lot of press outside today,” her mother explained busily. “I don’t think it would be wise for you to go to College. Besides we have so much to plan here before the wedding-”

Mother!” Naya protested in anger. She'd actually been looking forward to escaping to College for a while. Anything was better than staying home where the topic of her marriage was continuously shoved down her throat!

“Don’t argue with me, Naya,” her mother said sternly. “I’ve already called your professors and explained the situation. Now...” her mother finally zipped up her handbag and turned swiftly to face Dana. “Run the schedule through me again, will you, dear?”

“Of course, ma’am,” nodded Dana, before going through her electronic planner. “Naya’s grandmother is expecting you at her boutique in an hour for the dress-fitting, brunch will be at the Anderson’s – Linda is eager to finalise some details about the church. In the meantime I will check on the bouquet orders and in the afternoon-”

Naya folded her arms over her chest and fought the urge to scream.

“Naya, darling, have you decided on your bridesmaids yet?” her mother suddenly asked her.

“Oh, I’m being asked for my opinion now, am I?”” she mumbled bitterly to herself.

“What did you say?”

Damn her and her freakishly good hearing.

“Nothing, mother...” she responded dryly.

“I mean it, Naya, make sure you let Lola and the rest of the girls know that their measurements need to be given by three o’clock today, otherwise their dresses will not be ready in time-”

“We should get going ma’am,” Dana suddenly interrupted, looking at her watch.

“Yes, of course, Walter’s mother will hit the roof if we’re late. Come along, Naya!”
Last edited by *coco on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.

33 Reviews

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:52 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

"JULIAN MARCUS ANDERSON!!!" Linda's voice boomed from the house, she never yelled... Ever. She must be very stressed out or very very very pissed off.

Julian jolted awake and slammed his head against his headboard. "Fuuuuu-" he broke off. Tomorrow was the wedding... Not just anyones wedding but his wedding. He was going to punch something. He heard the click clack of tiny feet wearing heels, Linda. He was about to cover his ears to hide from the explosion he knew was going to burst. His door flew open-

"Julian!" Linda began roughly and then forced herself to calm down. "Dear, what is that rusty metal monster in our parking lot?"

Julian grinned, and sat up. "Well, Linda, mother oh-dear it is my charriot after my wedding."

Linda sat by the foot of his bed, she was twisting her wedding ring on her finger. Yes, she was stressed and nervous. "I think I need a Prozac Martini... Julian... What do you plan on doing after the two of you are married? Where are you going?"

"Well, Mother Lin, it's funny you should ask. There will be NO honeymoon. The wedding may be big, yes... But this marriage is going to be a living hell. I do not plan to waste any money on the house of her dreams, or car, or objects that may amuse her." Julian was flustered.

Linda's face turned to mush. "Julian... This is cruel, and not like you. Why are you going to do this to her. She hasn't done anything wrong."

"Linda, this is not up for discusion." He said firmly...

130 Reviews

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:00 pm
*coco says...

From her bedroom window Naya watched as the newly employed beefy bodyguards her parents had hired for her barricaded the crowd of photographers now surrounding their penthouse. She still couldn't believe it. This time tomorrow she would be married...actuallymarried...

She shuddered at the thought of it. After the chaos that was yesterday; getting fitted for her dress, having brunch with Linda Anderson and hearing about churches, invites, and seeing Jace’s car in the driveway...it was all enough to make her pack her bags and leave. But Naya only got as far as her front door before she realised she couldn’t do it. Running away just wasn’t an option anymore. She loved and respected her parents too much to disobey them.

Heaving a helpless sigh, she moved away from the window and sat on the edge of her bed watching Rosa pack the rest of her things.

“You should start getting ready Miss Naya,” Rosa said, as she finally zipped up the last of her overflowing suitcases. She placed a floor-length strapless midnight blue dress on her bed. “The wedding rehearsal dinner is in an hour.”

Great...

Suddenly, her bedroom door burst open and in poured Lola and Naya’s other friends Penelope, Bree and Ali. They all had large pink feather sashes around their necks and held grocery bags full of food and alcohol.

“Hey girlfriend!” they all cheered happily. As usual Rosa threw them all suspicious looks. Naya's maid had never really approved of her choice in friends.

Naya couldn’t help but smile at them all. “What's going on?”

This, gorgeous...” smiled Lola, happily lifting up the sash and the groceries, “is for your hen party...”

Bree absent-midingly handed over her bags to Rosa. “We totally planned to give you a proper hen party...y'know, with the whole limo and clubbing thing but your folks said no..”

So..” Ali happily continued, “we decided that if you can't come to the party, we'll bring the party to you!”

Bree nodded and continued. “So after you get the boring rehearsal dinner over and done with it’ll just be you, us, shot-glasses-”

“Oh, and don't forget Leonardo Di Caprio!” Penelope said, excitedly pulling out a stack of DVDs.

Bree rolled her eyes at Penelope. “Lame!” she turned to Naya. “Ignore this person. We are so not watching movies on your hen-night!”

“Yeah, we're playing Strip Poker instead,” Lola winked. “I've even brought cards-”

Rosa cleared her throat pointedly. “Uh miss Naya, I think we should get you ready now, hmm?”
Last edited by *coco on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:10 am, edited 11 times in total.

33 Reviews

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:40 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

After Julian shooed Linda out of his room. He got up, remembered that he was getting married to one of the most beatuiful, yet boring women he'd ever met. He had met more woman more beautiful than her, but she was still very very pretty. Julian downed three shots of homemade Vodka. He went into his bathroom to wash his face and then exited. To see Jace pouring himself a shot.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" Julian said a little annoyed.

Jace held up his hands in surrender. "Just checking on the Bridesgroom is all." He smiled. "You know I did have history with that one..." Jace trailed off, as if he shouldn't have said that. Too late. The cats out of the bag now.

"Oh?" Julian raised an eyebrow. He was a little interested in this. "Tell me what you mean by that." He said firmly.

"It was nothing really..." Jace slammed the shot.

Julian was getting very very annoyed now. "Just spit it out will you, Jason?"

Jace shook his head. "I-... She-... Nevermind. Forget it."

Julian stalked toward Jace, just like he use to when they were children. Jace backed up and held the shot glass as if he would throw it.

"Don't you dare! Tell me, Jace, or I'm going to hold you down and piss on your face!"

Jace darted to the hallway, yes this was exactly like when they were teens. Jace never did end up telling Julian.....

130 Reviews

Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:01 am
*coco says...

The beach club looked really pretty at night with its glass exterior and purple spotlights. Naya walked in with her parents to find close members of her family and the Anderson family were already seated at the head table waiting for her. She spotted Julian watching her as she approached and found it hard to read his face. It was strange, but she found herself wanting to know what he was thinking. Something about him seemed to make her every insecurity magnify itself. She already knew what he thought of her personality; immature, even boring perhaps, but she sarted to wonder about other things... weird things like what he thought of her hair, was it too long, too curly? Did he prefer blondes? Or what about her body, was she too slim, not tanned enough maybe...?

Deciding that this was her last chance to try and make something of this sham of a marriage. She came to a decision. Tonight she was going to be herself, without the shyness, the uncertainty and the precaution, and if he still didn’t like her after that...well...

So she talked, as guests stood up for toasts and made speeches, she talked about her hobbies, her likes, her dislikes...but all the while Julian said nothing, he just sat there and shifted uncomfortably in his seat. It frustrated her, like trying to have a conversation with a brick-wall. He just looked too distracted.

When the speeches were over and the desserts were handed out, Naya miserably excused herself and made her way towards the ladies room. Suddenly, a hand grabbed her wrist and pulled her aside. She looked up to see Jace, his expression was different to when she'd seen him at her house, his eyes were now cold and hard. Naya quickly turned her head to see if anyone had spotted them, but they were all too busy with their conversations to notice anything.

“What do you think you're doing!” Naya hissed up at him. She could feel a sharp pain where Jace was gripping her wrist.

“I told you not to do this!” he growled.

Naya desperately tried to wrench her hand out from Jace’s grasp. “I have no choice! You know that!”

"Of course you do. You can choose to come away with me instead...we can leave this place and never come back..."

Naya glared lasers at him. She'd heard it all before from him, "I'd rather jump off a cliff," she snapped.

Jace's face immediately turned for the worst. His eyes darkened and his grip around her wrist tightened.

"This is your last chance to say no to his marriage," his warning was delivered in a harsh whisper.

Naya winced from the pain of his grip. She knew he wasn't going to like her response but she was helpless. "I can't," she breathed.

Jace just stared down at her like he couldn't believe it. But then a smirk suddnly appeared across his face. She stood still and watched as he drained the glass of wine in his hand with a smile.

“Well then, welcome to the family,” he said sarcastically, throwing the glass aside before whispering in Naya’s ear, “I'll see to it that you have one hell of a time...” with that, he finally let go of her hand and stormed off.

Naya felt herself shrink against the wall in fear. It was a threat and she knew it.

Jace had just declared war.
Last edited by *coco on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:01 am, edited 5 times in total.

33 Reviews

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:06 am
SoggyPoptart says...

**ohhh, you're good.**

Julian couldn't help but stare at her when she walked in. Yes, she was breath-taking but he wasn't going to let it show on his face. He just sat there most of the meal, he forgot to turn off his phone and it kept vibrating in his pocket. Once they were married he swore he'd throw the damn thing in the river. He watched Naya leave the table, she seemed frusterated. He was frusterated too, he just didn't know why.

"Julian, may I have a word with you?" Walter said.

Julian nodded stiffly and stood. He went into another room with Walter. "Yes, sir?" Julian spoke with confidence.

"Julian... Son... I just wanted to say that this marriage of yours and my daughters will only be for a year and then, you two can end it..." he broke off.

Something was up. What could the two possibly complete in a year? Was there something Walter knew that Julian wasn't telling him.

"Why is that?" Julian asked, listening intently.

"My daughter, as old as she is. I'm worried that her elevator doesn't exactly reach the top, she is perfectly sane but try to ignore her the best you can. I'm sure her features are a little more interesting..." With that Walter smiled and walked off.

So, focus on her cute little body? Something is up. Julian couldn't help but think...

130 Reviews

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:44 pm
*coco says...

“Naya?”

She jumped a little as Linda Anderson’s voice shook her from her thoughts.

“Are you alright? You look like you're shaking.”

Naya’s mother just looked at her daughter with an irritated expression and tried to laugh it off.

“Oh, you know how it is Rosalinda,” she smiled, taking a sip of wine. “I’m sure she’s just nervous, isn’t that right, sweetheart?”

“Yes, mother,” Naya lied.

Linda didn’t seem too satisfied; on the contrary, she looked like she almost felt sorry for Naya.

Wierd...

“You’ll be fine, dear...” she said eventually, smiling sweetly at her. “You should’ve seen me the night before my wedding...” she trailed off as if to relive that moment in her head, “I was so nervous, I plied myself with alcohol and got so drunk that I nearly puked on the Best Man!”

Linda and Naya’s mother’s laughter failed to reach Naya’s ears. Suddenly she saw Julian approach her.

“Could I speak to you in private?” he asked, his face and voice were completely blank of any emotion, like he was speaking to one of his client’s instead of his future wife.

Naya ressisted the urge to roll her eyes in annoyance and reluctantly followed him outside.

“What is it?” she asked him un-interestingly as they settled under one of the canopies. After the way he behaved tonight, she really didn't care what he had to say.

“I want to ask you a few questions,” Julian said, his voice confident.

She nodded as if to say 'go ahead'.

“First of all, my brother Jason...”

Naya felt a sudden shiver run down her spine. “Wh-what about him?”

“He told me that he had 'history' with you? What did he mean by that?”

Naya felt like her heart would jump out of her throat. She wanted to scream and run away, but she knew that she couldn't. She discretely racked her brain to try and come up with something believable. “We uh used to go to the same High school. He...used to have a crush on me,” she said, trying to give a care-free shrug to go along with that almost-true story, “It was nothing really, he eventually grew out of it...”

Julian seemed to believe her. “So that's why he didn’t want to talk to me about it....he was embarrassed...”

Naya said nothing, she was just grateful that that a) this meant that Jace hadn't told Julian about them, and b) that Julian seemed to believe her. When silence fell between them, she noticed that Julian was looking at her, really look at her as though he was seeing her for the first time. It made her feel a little uneasy.

She started looking around her in order to mask her sudden self-consciousness. “So, what else did you want to ask me?”
Last edited by *coco on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

"You may deem me romantic, my dear sister, but I bitterly feel the want of a friend."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein