z

Young Writers Society

Just Be Yourself (Accepting)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:01 am
Kaywiia says...

Sure
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:18 am
Sunshine says...

Yes! Thanks! Am now 14 and in 9th grade.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:40 pm
GrantBlayfur says...

Garrett

I rummaged through my hastily-packed lunch, looking for something that was edible. I spied a bag of M&M's, pulled them out, and suddenly my three friends sitting with me at the lunch table were all my 'bestest friend'. I pulled out most of the chocolate candies for myself (because I'm selfish like that), and threw the half-full bag into the middle of the table, yelling "Fight to the death!" Six hands shot for the bag, but the quiet giant was the one to get them. As always.

I turned to Maddox, my video-game loving friend, and asked "So, what is today's debate?"

He peered at me from over his glasses and said "Religion, numbnutts."

Ahh, I love my friends. They always know just what to say to make me feel better.

"We argued religion yesterday."

"Okay, what about politics?"

"Two days ago."

"Okay, what about how you're a ginormous asshat?"

I punched him in the chest and ate the rest of my lunch in silence. My friends, like me, seemed to be biploar - one day caring and awesome, the next...not-so-caring and no-so-awesome.

Near the end of the period, I caught the eyes of a girl from across the lunch room.

(Again, I'll leave this open to whoever wants it...if not, I also have something.)

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:31 pm
Winchester says...

Chloe

I sat at the table, waiting for Mollie and Louise whothen sneaked up on me, Mollie was a chubby girl, but intelgent and abit of an emo, Louise a small thin girl but she hurt when she hit you, They had been best friends since kindergarden and in the last few years I had got caught inbertween.

I was probly the prettyest of our group, but I still never got noticed by the boys.

I eat my dinner and was about to get up out our seats when someone slid into the seats next to me...Alex.

Alex was probly the only boy I proper talked to,

"Chloe, hide me...!"

"Alex your like ten inches taller than me, noooo way!"

Then I got up and walked away, leaving Alex to get beat up by his two besties.

Then he shot me the finger.
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:05 pm
Kaywiia says...

Kay

I stood up to take my tray over, and was about to do a very characteristic hair filp, before I met a guys eyes. I don't know why, but the way our eyes met made me look down and bite on my bottom lip. I met his eyes once more, then turned away.

As I turned away from our table, one of my friends poked me and whispered, "Way to be subtle, Kay," I shot her a look.

"Shut up," I mumbled. I went and put my tray away, but as I did I made a mental note to 'accidently' bump into this boy later. I had a feeling this could work out to my advantage.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 am
SisterItaly says...

Emaly

Lunch started as it did everyday. Grab my books, head to the cafeteria, sit between Nico and Erik, (Or Nico and AJ if I'm pissed at Erik which is likely). Today I wasn't pissed at Erik, so I sat beside him. I managed to get in twenty pages of my book today, not just fifteen, before they started horsing around.

Erik shot his arm out behind me and shoved Nico, probably for saying something I didn't hear. Nico retorted and shot his arm out in front of me and shoved his brother back. I quickly shut my book and threw it on the empty table across from us. Before I could stand, Nico and Erik had me smushed between them while they flailed at each other like a couple of five year olds. The only reason I still sat between them was because I felt I had to at least try and break them up.

I shoved my arms out against their chests, of course, they were a lot stronger then me and it hardly effected them. Luckly Mr. Carrier came and stopped them, this is why I love my art teacher, he was laid back, yet always there to stop Nico and Erik from being dweebs.
"Em, your a midget."

Unfortunately, he couldn't stop this. The short jokes started, but I spaced out and counted tiles on the wall. Until, Johnny decided to be a smart Alec, and flip the table, with me, Erik, and Nico in it. I didn't have time to catch my breath for a scream, I hit the ground, with a nice loud thwap!

Erik and Nico went unharmed, Erik complained about his 'bad knee' which we all knew was a ton of bull. They set the table back up as I collected myself and got up, I lifted my pant leg, there as a bruise starting behind my left knee. But I didn't complain, because no one asked. Last time I told them I was hurt, well sick really, they told me to suck it up. I ended up fainting in art class.

I bit my lip hard enough to break the skin and draw blood, as I put my head on the cool table. That was ridiculously embarrassing.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:02 am
GrantBlayfur says...

Garrett

Aahehehe. She was pretty cute. But I didn't have much time to think about her, as my thoughts were interrupted by a loud crash from a couple tables over.

I watched two guys and a girl were flipped out of their table, and the girl made a pretty sweet wipeout. I chuckled a bit, but then I saw the expression on her face - and it just killed me inside.

Which was weird...I had really thought I had shed the whole weep-for-your-fellow-man side of me. Gah. But it didn't matter now, a damsel was in distress.

I waited a couple minutes, so as not to appear to be too concerned, then walked over towards the drinking fountain. As I walked past her, I 'accidentally' nudged her shoulder, just hard enough for her to notice. As I was walking back she glanced over at me coldly. I mouthed Are you okay? as I walked towards her. She nodded slightly, with noticeably less coldness in her eyes, then put her head back on the table.

The bell rang for the end of lunch. I gathered my things and started heading for my locker. I noticed that the girl was taking the same path as I was to the lockers, so I ran to catch up with her.

"Hey," I said. "That was a pretty nasty fall. You okay?"

She blushed slightly. "Yeah, fine."

"Okay, 'coz I've taken some spills like that before, and I know that they can- "

"I said I'm fine. It was just...embarassing."

Well, that made sense. "Don't worry, no one noticed. Hey, why don't you try sitting with us tomorrow?"

Oooh. Facepalm. WHY would you ask that?

"Uhmmm...I'll think about it." She then sped up a little, and I lost her in the crowds. Good job, Garrett. You had to go creep off another girl!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:25 am
SisterItaly says...

Emaly

Off to bloody wood shop. Why was I still in this course? Oh right, I was to shy to go ask for a course change at the office. But you had to admit, the principal was a creepy sight. That other kid was pretty creepy too. I didn't even catch his name, and he asked me to sit at his table. I thought about taking up his offer just to spite Johnny.

Anyways, wood shop. First as usual, just how I like it. Mr. Bolero wasn't even at the door yet, so I was stuck sitting against the wall, in the smelly seniors wing. Some seniors gave each other little pecks before running off to class. It sent shudders down my spine, then I closed my eyes and counted the days until I would finally get out of here and run off to the other side of the globe.

The teacher came and opened the door, here we go again.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:07 am
Sunshine says...

> Kristin<

I hated being the new kid. I hardly hated anything. For one I was incredibly bad at it. For two I'd never done it before. Glancing around the crowded lunchroom I wondered where to sit. The girl I'd talked to in social studies, Linny motioned me over to sit with her friends. I sigh glad to sit with soeone. Linny goes of on a topic I don't know and I glance around the room. A pretty black haired girl meets my eyes. She's just reading a book , alone at her table. She seems to be completely fine with it. Wish I was like that. Her eyes come into foucus and I give a short wave. Hope she was in my next class so I could ask her what she'd been reading. Speaking of which what was my next class? Math. Aw crap.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:05 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Me and James (AEROSMITH) have to withdraw. No one is really inclduing us.
Live, Love, Laugh

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."
— Albus Dumbledore