z

Young Writers Society

Notre-Dame de Paris

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:40 pm
Dragonet says...

Can someone bring in my character?
Last edited by Dragonet on Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:43 pm
SisterItaly says...

Luca

Up, grab, pass, grab that coin repeat until the day I die. I focused on smiling and not grabbing the end that was on fire. That would hurt and be embarrassing. When I feel confident enough I start dancing a bit, twists and turns, kicking my feet about. Grand finale? Throw all five flaming batons in the air, back-flip, stick the landing and catch the, not hot ends. When I open my eyes I see I have lived to preform another day. I grab the three coins off the ground.

But was living a good thing? I stand, wipe my brow as I bow and hop off the stage, all without making eye contact with anyone. Good job Luca. Play nice Luca. Roll over and jump through hoops Luca. I pulled the bracelet out of my pocket and slid the coins in. The bracelet was always the top item in my pocket.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:54 pm
wonderland says...

(Belle)

I slipped back onto the stage, unnoticed, after taking my little break. I began to move in time to the tambourine, making sure that I was smiling. Later, I thought that I'd make my way to through the crowd, find something worthy enough the steal. My necklace bounced against my collarbone as I moved, spinning in circles. My smiled widened as I remembered how I stole it. I swept up another coin, and tucked it into my skirt.
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:02 pm
Apple says...

>The king of Gypsies - leader actually - is name Capricorn. Just so you know. Also Drago, I'll bring you in but do you mind if it has something to do with the King of the Fools? I'll get rid of this if you don't agree. <

Garridan:

I clapped my hands as Luca - or who I thought was Luca - stepped off of the stage, swinging his lit batons by his side. I sometimes wished that I was as impressive as him with fire batons, unfortunately though, I wasn't. I had a long scar on my leg to prove. Suddenly trumpets began to play noisily into the crowd. The dancers slowed and everyone came to a stop. Taking her chance, a girl with a sparkly blue stone around her neck, plucked a coin from a man's hands and dissapeared into the crowd. I'd seen her many times before, but I couldn't quite remember her name. Bella, I think.

Tsura stopped dancing, pulling her hair away from her face. Smoke exploded from behind her and she vanished. Everyone in the crowd gasped when the smoke dispensed and the stage was empty. The only one standing was Capricorn, the leader of the Gypsies. He bowed his body so that his nose scraped against the ground. Lifting himself back up, he flipped through the air, his jester hat shaking from impact.

I began to walk forward, my interest getting the better of me. Without realising, I stepped on a ladies skirt and began to fall forward. A scream escaped my lips and before I knew it, I was heading towards a girl. I crashed onto her, forcing her towards the ground. She let out a squeal as I landed on her legs.

"Sorry," I began quickly pulling myself to my feet. My eyes locked on someone familiar, Sky.

She dusted off her skirt before looking up at me through large eyes. "That's alright," Placing my hand out to help her up, I said another quick apology. Before she could open her mouth, Capricorn began to speak.

"Another year has passed, and another year we must crown another fool!" he jumped from foot to foot, as if to make himself clear. "Let's bring him out!" Everyone craned their necks to see the prior King of the Fools. I went onto the tips of my toes, my tongue sticking out of the side of my mouth. I was estatic, what could I say. When no one appeared, the crowd began to murmer.

"Olly! Bring out the old Fool!" Capricorn suddenly snapped.

A boy shoved his head out from under a caravan. "He's to flaming heavy!" he retorted.

"Olly, I said bring him out!"

Olly groaned. Dissapearing into the tent, the trumpets began to play as the boy began to tug out a fat looking man, who was holding a bottle of wine. The man was singing drunkly, splashing Olly with thick, red wine. Sky giggled beside me, covering her mouth when she realised she was.
I spy!

362 Reviews

Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:21 pm
wonderland says...

(Bella)

I slipped through the crowd, grabbing whatever I could. I was looking for gold coins, gold bracelets, maybe a necklace anything I could sell or keep for myself. By the time I had my my way through the crowd,The little pocket in my skirt was almost full. I smiled to myself, then stopped as Capricorn began.
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:24 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Tsura [Mirela]:

I ducked out from behind the stage, mask safely back in my caravan and my bright purple costume exchanged for my normal dark red skirt and white peasant top. The Old King Of Fools was being lead towards the stage by Olly. I chuckled. The man was drunk, and heavy. Sighing, I slipped through the crowd and joined Garridan and Sky.

Neither of them had noticed me yet, so I waited. Sometimes watching the Old King and sometimes watching the crowd, hoping to catch a glimpse of my brother. Hoping it wasn't a hallucination or something. I smiled at a moderately rich boy nearby and cast another glance around. The boy had blushed when he noticed me looking. I did that sometimes, kissed the rich boys for fun but they were never be able to catch me when they wanted more.

Finally, Capricorn drew my attention back to the stage. Olly had the old King of Fools on stage now, and Capricorn was gazing into the crowd. I held my breath, waiting. Waiting wasn't exactly a strong point for me; I started to fidget, drawing Garridan's attention. He smiled at me then returned to watching Capricorn. And then our leader spoke.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:17 am
Dragonet says...

Olly~

I carried the heavy oaf onto the stage, mumbling cusses on the way. I probably could have stolen everything off of the man, he was so drunk, but I didn't want anything to do with anything that that man had touched. After I set the man down, I smiled to the crowd and walked on my hands off the stage. I found Tsura, Bella, and Garrindan standing in a group and I walked over and joined them. "Hey, guys." They gave me a quick glance, but then turned back to Capricorn.

"And the king is..." Everyone was bouncing up and down trying to look their stupidest. I looked Tsura like "what the heck, I might as well join in," and did my funniest face.

Capricorn pulled a man from the audience. "Your new king!" Everyone started cheering.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

362 Reviews

Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:31 am
wonderland says...

(Bella)

I smiled thinly at Olly, then let my hair hide my face again. I reached up to rub my necklace as the King of Fools was chosen. I cast my gaze to the ground. I never liked this part of the festival. I preferred the part where all eyes were on me.

*Formerly wickedwonder*

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:19 am
MilkNCookies says...

Sky.

I saw Garridan watching. I covered my mouth, though I could not not sever the laughter. The man was swinging left to right, clearly not knowing what he was doing. It was my uncle, Fredrich. I walked over to him.

"Uncle, you naughty boy. You of all people should know not to get drunk like a fool, today of all days!" I scolded. Ollie, I think Capricorn called him, carried him to the stage. When I climbed up, he leaned on me.

"Sky... I can't help it! It tastes... so good...Decca would let me drink," he leaned on me, swaying slightly. I quieted, as did most people, sensing my uneasyness.

"Sky...I'm sorry..." He murmured. I walked him over to Capricorn, where her sat on the floor.

"Sky, what's wrong?" Garridan asked as I streamed past. He followed my from the caravan, back into the alleys. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" I hissed, fighting tears. "I'm what's wrong. My blasted existence! That's what's wrong!"

"Do you want me to go?" He asked.

"Whatever you want. I'm fine, honest." I told him. He hesitantly responded.

"Who is- was- Decca?"

"Decca was my sister. A clarinet player some other place, not Notre Dame. She was my best friend, we were always together. Then, she had to go." I fingered the locket at my neck, which was under my shirt, among the coins I tucked there. Garridan walked off, clearly worried. I fingered my locket, worried myself.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

I wouldn't think "impossible" was even in your vocabulary.
— Sharpay Evans, High School Musical