z

Young Writers Society

Symbiosis (Starting, Accepting)

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:41 pm
Moo says...

All writing and story/plot ideas are copyright to Pernicious. I'm merely her sidekick. ;) We will be moderating this story together, so take note of this.

Symbiosis – Starting/Accepting

Plot:

A few months ago, a private flight was designated for the Bahamas. Eight people; each either rich or in some way famous, were on this luxurious, high-class flight. Their ages ranged from around 16, to 30. They were quite young indeed, and were only on this flight for the tranquil destination that awaited them. Basically, they were wasting their fortunes on a holiday.

But, an unfortunate twist occurred during the final hour of their flight from England. The pilot received an abrupt notice from the main station reporting a storm in their direction. Having been bequeathed with it on such short notice, the pilot had no time to go around it or go back, so he and the passengers had no choice but to go through it. The storm proved to be vigorous, savage and showed literally no mercy for the plane. Air masks dropped from above the passengers seats, causing them to go into a state of anarchy.

During this scene of chaos, the aircraft assistants had no choice but to remain calm and settle the crowd down. They covered each passenger with a blanket and attached their air masks for them- after all, famous, slightly stuck-up folk wouldn’t expect to do it themselves.

Fortunately, to the passengers’ luck, an insignificant island undiscovered by man-kind was laying beneath them. It was so small, it was undetected by submarine and boat radar, and planes would be too far away in the air to spot it. But this plane however, was of course close enough to now see it since it was crashing.

At first, the island seemed too small to even fit the plane on, but on closer examination, it was big enough. The cock pit severely crashed into the earth first, causing the pilot to gain severe whiplash, as well as die. This was obvious, since there was a minor explosion that followed their landing too.

Since they weren’t strapped in, the aircraft assistants were flung in all directions, most of them dying from head trauma, the remaining others just being burnt alive in fires. Fortunately, the eight passengers made it through this unforgiving event.

After departing from the alight aircraft, they stuck together and made sure to get as far away from it as possible. They were now lost, there was no doubt about it. The island they had landed on, or crashed on rather, was a tropical place. Sounds that would cause your skin to crawl echoed through the abundant forests, and the beach that was constantly licked at by the sea was crawling with mutant amphibians, none of which discovered by man yet. This island was literally a nature preserve for undiscovered creatures; but if nobody knows of this island and nobody knows of the creatures inhabiting it, then what might be lurking here?

The eight passengers have yet to discover the horrific future ahead of them. Deep in a cave lays their master. Little did they know, their master-to-be would soon be in control of their minds and cause them to be pitted against each other.

In a moist, nebulous cave surrounded by thousands of trees dwells a worm. Yes - a worm. It is so small for the eye, that it can not be noticed unless concentrated hard on. But this worm is a devious one. Different to your common earth worm… It contains a lethal liquid, that when transferred into a human, will cause them to fall unconscious and be under the worms command whilst it is attached. The worm will continue to pump its juice into its host, whilst also withdrawing some blood to survive on.

While under the worm’s command, the host will not be in control of his or her actions (obviously the creator of the character will be able to post what the worm is doing to them though). They will represent a zombie, in a way, and will be programmed by the worm to rid the island of the newcomers. Once he/she had killed all of the passengers, the worm will programme its host to then commit suicide. If the host fails too many times at attacking, the worm will detach itself and choose another passenger.

Rules:

1 – Under no circumstances do you kill off and or attack another person’s character without either Pern or Moo’s consent, along with the character’s owner’s consent.

2 – Although this will be a literate and mature storyboard, we ask that there are no sex scenes, although minor romance scenes will be accepted.

3 – Stick to the topic and don’t change what’s going on, for example, if somebody has the worm, don’t say you have it or just ignore the fact a killer parasite is on the loose.

4 – Respect the fact you know each other already and you’re in a group. We ask that you avoid strolling off alone, but I you want to you can. The only reason we ask that you don’t is that you might get… Ignored throughout the posts since you’re not at the centre of activity.

5 – You have mobiles, sure, but absolutely no signal. Yeah, you have as much money as you want, but it’s useless here. Basically, you’re stuck here until further notice.

6 – Do not ask to have the parasite. We will choose who has it. At first, you may all go looking for a shelter and come across the cave that is the worms home. This is just an opinion, but the first few pages of this must include the passengers encountering the worm without knowing it. You shall be PMed when you have the parasite, followed by how long and who you’re allowed to attack/kill.

Character template:

Name:

Age (16-30):

Appearance:

Personality (You’re either really stuck up and arrogant with your wealth, or a nice, modest person :] ):

How they got to be either famous or rich:

Wounds from the plane crash (They can range from minor to severe.)

Other (Such as up for love, or weapons. Nothing big like scythes or axes, why would you take one of them abroad? Maybe a pen knife or something jagged that you could transform into a weapon by carving?):

Add anything you want to this template, but only what’s necessary.

Preferably 4 males and 4 females. Keep it even. And if you don’t understand anything, simply PM either Pern or Moo and we’ll be happy to explain anything to you!

Also, after you are near the worm, hopefully within the first few five or six posts, I’ll PM one of you explaining the whole parasite thing. You’ll have to guess which of you is carrying the worm, but it’ll be quite obvious when they’re acting quite zombie like.

And another reminder… The worm’s fluid causes the host to be extremely strong, but not fast.
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:11 pm
Pernicious says...

Name: Olivia Willams.

Appearance: Olivia is quite good looking, and she has to be for her career. Although she is not natural and has had plenty of botox, Olivia has kept her hair real and is quite proud of it. Like most hair, it has been cut and styled, but Olivia has let the hue of naturally darken, or lighten. The current colour of it is a radiant ochre, which goes with her bronze irises.

Olivia also thickens herself with jewellry; especially bangles/bracelets. Whether they are gold or just illuminious, Olivia is very fond of the sound her jewellry makes when it collides. The way Olivia dressed isn't too in your face though; her clothing is usually quite a laid back look - Just like Olivia's personallity.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Olivia is nor modest, kind or boastful. She is in the middle, but can at times vary from antagonistic to caring. Olivia doesn't like to attract attention to her wealth, because most of the time she is paranoid people are going to try and steal her money and other riches. But, if the intention is to her looks, Olivia will bask in the limelight and milk all the attention for her looks she can get.

How they got to be either famous or rich: At the age of 17, Olivia applied to be a model. She was successful and made it into quite a well-known magazine, and from there she was discovered. After appearing in a famous magazine a few times, Olivia was offered a part in a movie as a background actress. She had no lines, just to smile and look pretty, but that small roll in a movie has caused Olivia's career to go up from there.

Wounds from the plane crash: Olivia's head is very sore after an idiotic hostess grabbed her hair and used it to keep her balance, though she failed anyway. On top of that, Olivia also has a very deep gash across her shoulder from being thrown forwards and smashing her arm off of the seat infront of her with such impact, it sliced through the flesh.

Other: From her grandfather, a slightly famous fisherman, Olivia is bequeathed with a substantial pen and knife to in one. It has barely any ink yet, but the dagger on the other end has proved to come in handy at times, for instance, now. And Olivia is also up for love, but she will mainly be occupied over the fact they're stranded.
"Lost time is never found again."

-Benjamin Franklin

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:10 am
FinalFreedom says...

This sounds rather awesome, actually :D A good one to get me back into storybooks ^_^

Name: Adasen-Rae Castle

Age (16-30): 18

Appearance: Adasen is of a stronger build. She is neither blocky or lacking in terms of proportionality, but rather somewhere near the middle; thin, but with a defined stomach. She has vibrant black hair that stretches to her upper abdomen as well as emerald green eyes, a thin nose, and a mid-sized mouth. Her skin, naturally tanned, gives her the appearance that she has originated from Hawaii or another tropical environment. Though short compared to her loved ones, Adasen is unusually tall compared to most other girls her age; she stands at 5 feet and 11 inches.

Adasen can most often be found wearing "ordinary" clothing. She does not particularly enjoy wearing expensive or fancy clothing, but will do so if prodded by her persistent mother or overly self-conscious father.

Personality: Adasen has lived her entire life being the only child [of 8] to be modest enough to dislike her fortune. Kind, caring, passionate and sweet, Adasen is never quick to judge yet somewhat of a social outcast. She ensures that the only sign of her inherited wealth as through the clothes she wears (bought by her mother) or the jewelry she adorns (gifted by her father).

How they got to be either famous or rich: Adasen is the descendant of an opera singer and a retired basketball player. Though she is convinced that her mother was unfaithful to her father and has been lied to her entire life, Adasen regards her lineage as such.

Wounds from the plane crash (They can range from minor to severe): Adasen managed to escape the crash relatively unscathed. A small cut above her left eyebrow is the only visible wound one could find at a first glance, but beneath her shirt on the right side of her stomach can be found a larger gash that overlaps a preexisting scar; thus making an "X" type figure.

Other: Adasen has a fond love for music, and can be found with a "back-up" music player that isn't nearly as destroyed as the first, but she unfortunately has nothing that could be of any use on the island. She is also up for love, but will be a tough cookie (given the fact that they're stranded) to crumble.
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

5 Reviews

Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:11 am
Pernicious says...

Bump! o-o

I think we'll start with five people then if anyone else wants to join in they can, maybe they just lagged behind a bit in the story and just caught up?

I'm hoping this SB doesn't die o-o' Let's see if we get started before November :D

-Benjamin Franklin

Reviews: 1
Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:32 am
Fox says...

Darn it! I have a feeling I want to join this....but I don't want to read that much!
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

5 Reviews

Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:40 am
Pernicious says...

The plot? I could simplify it for you if you want. I have a feeling this is what a lot of people are thinking.. Maybe I should've have been so... Excessive with the detail D:

What it basically is, is that you're either rich or famous on a private jet to somewhere exotic. The plane crashes over a small, insignificant island undiscovered by mankind. When the plane crashes onto it, the pilots and the aircraft assisstants die (Straight to it there :P) Only the eight passengers make it.

Little do they know, that on the island abundant with mutant creatures lives a little worm. It doesn't look like an earthworm, more like the colour of a maggot (ew o-o) and the width of a worm. Or... Image Like that, but really small. With it's fangs it latches onto a human host and pumps some weird fluid into it that to some creatures may be lethal, but to humans it can only render them unconscious. Like a zombie in a way, since they can still move, but only under the worm's command.

Anyway, the worm really hates the new comers and it's trying to rid the island of them, so of course it programmes its host to kill them all. It obviously won't succeed all at once otherwise this would end quite quickly, but yeah... o-o'

I hope this is simplified enough D: But you can always skim over the main plot to see if I've missed anything out.

-Benjamin Franklin

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:23 pm
Moo says...

It doesn't take a lot of time to read that, Fox. Just patience. If you wish to join, read the guidelines, it isn't a mammoth task. ;) If you were really interested, I'm sure this would pose no barrier to you. :D

(Note: I will post my character soon, working on my October contest entry.) :)

-Moo
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

Reviews: 1
Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:55 pm
Fox says...

Sorry. I'm not a reader, and I have been VERY busy lately.

This doesn't seem like my type of SB...sorry!
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

I am and always will be optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes, the dreamer of improbable dreams.
— 11th Doctor