z

Young Writers Society

Anthony's School for the Unalike and Unequal

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:13 pm
SisterItaly says...

Ceria

"Charlse. We had a deal," I reminded him as he contemplated his last wish.
he stroked my lamp as he thought. He was on his last wish. We had made a deal that his last wish would set me free from my lamp.
"It's my bloody wish, I'll do what I want with it!" He retorted.
Sometimes I really hated this kid. Why was he the one who found my lamp? Why couldn't someone who would set me free find my lamp! Oh that's right. Because my powers to give them whatever they wanted gave them green eyes.

"I wish I was stronger!" he wished, flexing his muscles.
I smirked, and poked his muscels. From personal experiance with men and this wish, I'd say he could lift 70lbs at best. I flirked my wrist and snapped my fingers, he looked at me oddly for a moment.
"I don't feel any different." he commented, poking his scrawny muscles.
I beamed, living how I had gotten even with him.
"Oh but it is! You can now life 75 Pounds." I replied.
He stared at me oddly for a moment, then realization hit him and he was steamed.
"You didn't! UGH! You know what, it doesn't matter. Because you still have to go back to your lamp now."

I sighed, realising he was right. He put the lamp down and I could already feel the pull. A terrible pain shot through my body, and then, darkness.

Charlse

I picked out the lamp and dusted it off. That's what happens when you mess with me. I knew I would need this today, I thought as I picked up the 'Genie for sale' sign and headed outside. I figured I could get a few bucks out of this. The sun was shining brightly through the glass domes, I waved at a couple of fellow students as I sat in the grass beside the building, sign in my lap.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:54 pm
Blueskysummer says...

Cameo

Cam was having a good day, trinket-wise. She'd found a pretty necklace, most likely rhinestone but still quite shiny, A rat-shaped broach that had what looked like a real diamond embedded in it, and a Snickers wrapper with barely any chocolate on it at all! She was on her way back to her dorm at the moment, floating a few centimeters above the pavement as her wings glowed a barely-visible happy blue-green. Her treasures she held tight to her chest. Her eyes darted around, taking in the other students and buildings when...

"Oh-mi-gosh!" She breathed, zipping over to a boy who sat in the grass with a shiny lamp in his lap. "That's so cool! It's all... shiny!" She gaped at it, then glanced at the sign, catching only the last two words. "How much is it?" She asked excitedly, bouncing happily in midair. She had a few dollars with her, but for the lamp, she'd trade any of her treasures... but maybe not the candy wrapper. That was too shiny to give up.
Hmmm...this snake is called a "Water Moccasin" so in THEORY I should be able to strap them to my feet and cross this river like Jesus?

Hush. Optimus is speaking.

"I get it, the first rule of robot fight club is you don't talk about robot fight club." -Jack, Transformers Prime

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:59 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Lacey

I yawned and flitted over the next patch of whatever they used for grass here. I still wanted to be back on the streets, back in Manhattan, with my modern-hippy get-up not getting hard stares. I hovered for a second, tightening the braided bit of fabric I'd tied around my forehead, then kept on. I passed Charlse, glaring at a lamp that looked vaguely Aladdiny, and sighed before beating my wings a few more times and finding a nice, probably artificial tree to perch on.

I pulled my legs up into the pose everyone associates with yoga- legs crossed, hands upturned on my knees. I didn't meditate (not as much as I needed to), but I found this pose calming. Might as well prepare for the day, right? I starting humming back in my throat, an old song that had almost lost all sense, the language was so different. Like English, Fée evolved. Now, what means 'the child of sky and air' meant, ages ago, 'bird of earth and sea'.

I stopped humming abruptly, feeling a breeze. I latched onto it with my senses and closed my eyes locking my arms around the limb to make sure my fairy senses didn't go wild and make me fly straight into the wall of the dome. I hung onto it until the very last second, and then sighed and relaxed. I scratched where my wings joined to my skin; in Manhattan, everyone thought they were costume wings, like the kind you shrug on like a jacket. They couldn't see the base joint of the wings, see.

Here? Here was different.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

66 Reviews

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:21 pm
SisterItaly says...

Charlse

I looked at the girl, and smiled. Time to get rid of this pathetic teacher.
"Twenty bucks." I said breifly.
She looked at me skeptically, holding many other little trinkets and doo-dads in her arms. Haha, I had a sucker here. She dug into her pocket and felt for the spare change.
"I don't think I have twenty bucks..." She said, sadly.

My eyes lit up at the sound of change colliding with change.
"H-how much you got on ya?" I asked, almost drooling.
She pulled out the change, and I watched it glisten in the sun as she counted it.
"Five bucks exacally. Is that enough?" she asked, sheepishly.

I snatched it away and stuffed it in my pocket, handing her the lamp.
"Good luck,' you'll need it." I warned, walking away.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

8 Reviews

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:34 pm
Blueskysummer says...

Cameo

The pixie completely ignored the warning, holding the lamp up to the sun. "It's ... so... shiny..." she said in awe before clutching it to her chest and zipping towards her room. no-one must get her newest prize. It is hers, and hers alone... such a shiny lamp...

She nearly collided with a mermaid as she rushed up the stairs of her dorm-house or whatever it was called, and shouted a quick apology as she zipped around her, not taking the time to question exactly why there was a mermaid in the stairwell.

finally, she was in the safety of her room. she lifted up her blanket, peering under the bed at her stockpile of treasures. she threw the necklace and broach on the pile, and set the candy wrapper on top of the pile with much care. She examined the lamp with much care, about to place it beside the candy bar wrapper when she noticed (oh no!) a smudge! She frowned at the smudge. How dare it soil the shinyness of the lamp! She rubbed at it furiously, and then... Poof!
Hmmm...this snake is called a "Water Moccasin" so in THEORY I should be able to strap them to my feet and cross this river like Jesus?

"I get it, the first rule of robot fight club is you don't talk about robot fight club." -Jack, Transformers Prime

66 Reviews

Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:11 am
SisterItaly says...

Ceria

I woke up and stretched, looking around the room, then down. A small pixie girl was sitting there, hey wasn't she in my english class? Cameo, that was it. Her S.A. was due in soon.
"Cameo? W-what are you doing with me lamp? Oh hell. Um, uh... Let's start over." I stammered.
She nodded slowly, how did she get my lamp? Charlse was so dead when I saw him.
"I am the all powerful genie, I shall grant you three wishes, you cannot wish for wishes of your own, and my power is only limited by the forces of the domes!" I boomed, she stared in awe, "Take your time. I promise I will not manipulate your wishes if you promise me one thing."

She looked at me for a moment, and as I was about to answer she opened her mouth.
"What is this promise?" she inquired, I huffed and regained my posture.
"Promise me your last wish will be to set me free from my lamp." I said with a sad voice, knowing she'd promise to, but it would never happen.

The Book.

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:41 am
Lethero says...

Suddenly, the fire alarms in the entire school went off. "Dammit!" I shouted as I pulled out the fire extinguisher and doused the burning circuit board, then I ran over to the reset on the fire alarm and put my key in, shutting the alarm off. I walked back to the burnt remains of the circuit and say the two leads of a now non-existent capacitor. In frustration I chucked it at the wall and stalked out of the room.

I rubbed my temple, trying to clear my thoughts. "What did I do wrong?" I asked myself. Then as I went over putting it together, I said," I put the damn thing in backwards!"
Last edited by Lethero on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:11 am
Apple says...

Sylvester Miran:

I watched the teacher rush out of the room, rubbing his temple. Mine - and all the other students - mouthes were practically hitting our desks. I wasn't as shocked as the others, but the reason why I was practically having a heart attack was because that teacher was out of the room. Which meant he couldn't stop what I knew was going to happen. I sucked in a deep breath as I heard chairs move back. Was it to late to follow after him?

Before I could lift myself up, a strong hand pushed me back into my chair. My cap fell over one of my disgustingly girly eyes, the other not so lucky. Brandon slapped the desk with his large hands and put his face close to mine. I tried to move backwards, but his two cronies were behind me and would definitely slap me back into place if I moved the slightest muscle.

"So," Brandon began. "Where is it?"

I gulped again, dread settling in the pits of my stomach. "I don't know." My voice was more shaky then I intended, and the act of having a manly voice fell. Brandon was an orc and I was a sprite, of course I was practically wetting my pants, who wouldn't! I glanced down the rows of desks towards the gaping door.

"What do you mean you don't know where the stupid thing is? I gave you a dead line, idiot! And you failed to meet it." Stretching back off of my desk, he cracked his nuckles. His boofheaded cronnies snickering and following in his lead. "You know what that means, right? I've got to teach you a listen, pipsqueak."

Before he could lay a hand on me, I was up and bee lining out of the door. I didn't have to look over my shoulder to know that they were following me and I had no intention to either. Just keep running, and what ever you do, do not let them catch you!
I spy!

8 Reviews

Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:27 am
Blueskysummer says...

Cameo

Cam took a moment to think. Three wishes? Well, technically two, since she would agree to the deal. But what to wish for...? she had her shiny stockpile. She had a place to live. Her grades were decent. Her hyper, exciteable mind couldn't think of one thing she needed at the moment.

"Huh..." Cam crossed her arms, her wings becoming a befuddled maroon. "Well..." And suddenly she had a solution.

"Oh! What if I just let you go with my first wish, so I don't forget, and have my other two later?" she suggested. And she could've sworn the teacher-genie's jaw fell straight to the floor. Without waiting for a reply, she said quickly "I wish that you will be free after my next two wishes! There, that's loophole-free, right?"

66 Reviews

Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:45 am
SisterItaly says...

Ceria

"Duh, um, uh, what?" I finally studdered out.
"I wish that you will be free after my next two wishes," she repeated.
"R-really?! You know once I grant this, it's set in stone. Your first wish will be used and you can't take it back, and you can't wish for more wishes."
"I know."

I stared dumbfounded at the girl. Could it be possible, that there was someone pure of heart left on this planet?
"Well, what are you're other two wishes. You don't have to rush, and I won't manipulate them."

*sorry it's short, facing a nasty case of writer's block*

The Book.

8 Reviews

Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:25 am
Blueskysummer says...

Cameo

The girl frowned. "See, that's what stopped me in the first place. I have no idea what I want! I'll know when they come to me, I guess." she shrugged. One pointed ear twitched, and she fluttered over to the window. "Do you hear a fire alarm? Weird. I wish..." She clamped her hands over her mouth. "Yikes! I have to watch what I say now that I have a genie, huh?" she said, her wings drooping. she was never good at watching what she said. knowing her she'd probably accidentially blow her wishes on some figure of speech or weird thing that slipped out of her mouth.

*same writers block, sorry!*

8 Reviews

Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:20 am
Blueskysummer says...

Post, people! *bump*

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites