z

Young Writers Society

Sidekick Acedemy

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:12 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

Run by Thegirlwholived and Allmixedup. Send us a PM if you wish to join.

Plot

You live in a world, but this isn't any world. You grew up hearing about super heroes and super villains in the news. Super heroes have amazing powers, and an amazing potential. The most famous of all heroes was Mr. Day. He had the abilities of super strength and flight, and a hardly used heat vision. The most famous Villain was Dr. Showtime. He had the abilities of illusion, transportation and a hardly used speed ability.

Now, how do you fit into all of this? Well, you are a 'side kick' to a villain or hero. While you are 17-20 you attend a heroing school, sidekick academy. This teaches you not only the normal students curriculum, it also teaches you how to be a sidekick, and some day hero/villain. They don't prepare you for becoming a villain, but many make bad choices and turn that way.

While you are 17-25 you are a sidekick to a hero/villain. You don't hide your true identity at school. So they will not know if you are a sidekick to a hero or villain. or if you are a sidekick at all yet. But out on the streets, you are a sidekick. Let the drama unfold.

Character profile:
Spoiler! :
Name:

Supername:

Appearance:

Personality:

Hero/Villain:*who's sidekick you are. Note: someone can be Mr. Day's and Dr. Showtimes sidekick.*

Your Hero/Villain's powers?:*three*

Powers?:*TWO*

History:

Up for love?:

Other:

Rules:
-No godmoding!
-Posts MUST be at LEAST 1500 characters long
-Please make sure you've read all posts carefully and your post corresponds appropriately.
-Read the profiles CAREFULLY.
-Romance is definitely allowed, as are sex scenes. No details, please, some people eat when they read posts.
-Limit yourself to one character per person, unless either myself or Em have given you permission for two.
-No out-of-place posts (like “please bring me in” or “I'm lost! What's going on?” posts) in the SB.
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

18 Reviews

Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:12 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

Name: Fawn Le'Trek

Supername: Violet

Appearance: Full, short, feathery soft hair. Violet eyes. Brilliant smile.

Personality: Fawn is a headstrong, stubborn girl who knows what to do and when to do it. She is very, very fast, and she can climb a tree like nobody's business. She's flirtatious and pretty, sometimes using it to get what she wants. She's rather stubborn, though, and sometimes it gets in the way of her judgement of actions. She's sneaky, stealthy, and agile. She's thin, around 107 pounds, but most of it is muscle.

Hero/Villain: Fawn is the daughter of Mr. Day, but she's the sidekick of Superman. She told the press not to write about her in the comic books, but sometimes there are glimpses of her.

Your Hero/Villain's powers?: Main ones: Super Strength, the ability to Fly, X-Ray vision.

Powers?: Super Speed, Transformation to any animal.

History: Fawn was born on June 4th to Dr. Day. She was raised very well and was taught her manners. She often found herself helping her dad with projects. She knows how to fix anything, be it a car or a super computer.

Up for love?: Yuppers.

Other: Fawn has many secrets. Many. She has never told anyone any of them, nor hinted toward the fact that she has them. She keeps them in a small bottle that she always wears around her neck.
Last edited by Thegirlwholived on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:13 pm
SisterItaly says...

Name: Tooti Turner

Supername: Shift

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She's a loner, and likes a good fight. She won't say much unless she is spoken to. She's basically... there. Just, there. Living her life everyday. If you can warm up to her, then you can see she's really a nice person, she just feels ignored and unloved.

Hero/Villain: Villain: Lady Beast

Your Hero/Villain's powers?: Three types of transformation, Timber wolf, panther, and hawk

Powers?: Invisability and walk through walls

History: Her mom died when she was young, so she was left alone on an orphanage's steps. She is Mr. Day's daughter, but she doesn't know that. She grew up in the orphanage and was adopted by lady Beast, aka Scarlette Shay. She was embarrassed to have a villain for a mother figure at first, and wouldn't invite anyone around ever. Now she embraces her evil side, and mostly avoids people.

Up for love?: yes

Other:
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:19 pm
eldEr says...

Place holder for a guy! =D
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:58 am
Manny says...

Name: Adam Caldwell

Supername: Sparky

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: He's a very enthusiastic person, or at least that's how he would describe himself. Others might just call it being obnoxious. Adam has well enough control over his powers, but people still tend to be wary of being near him in case he loses it. He can be really friendly once you get to know him.

Hero/Villain: Yeti (Hero)

Your Hero/Villain's powers?: Transforms into Yeti-like creature, Cryokinesis, Superstrength.

Powers?: Electrokinesis, Electrical Travel (entire body turns into electricity in order to travel through electrical lines).

History: Adam grew up as an only child with his father and mother. Once he started exhibiting abilities, he was sent to stay with his uncle on his mother's side who fights crime under the persona of "Yeti". His powers tend to keep people distant because they think he might accidentally electrocute them.

Up for love?: Sure.

Other:

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:50 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Name: Antonia Rivera (Tony)

Supername: Wrench

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Tough, tomboy, and not afraid to get dirty. She speaks her mind, and truly does not care what people think. Well, she comes off like it. She really and truly strives to stick out in someone's mind, and will not hesitate to throw herself under the bus. That's another thing- she's a harsh self disciplinarian and is always hard on herself. She doesn't believe there's no such thing as perfection, and will try with everything in her to get perfection till the day she dies. Despite the hard, competitive side, she's sarcastic and quick to respond, never out of comebacks. And violent. She's great at lying, and almost no one can tell she actually takes herself and her identity very seriously.

Hero/Villain: Crackler, Hero.

Your Hero/Villain's powers?: Bone manipulation (it's sick, Tony hates it, so Crackler doesn't use it a lot), sound manipulation, putting technology on the fritz.

Powers?: Metal manipulation (that means even metal traces in the ground), and slight super strength.

History: Tony came from a working class family, and to this day, cannot stand wealthy people. Since she was twelve, she's been the co-runner of Rivera Mechanics, and business is booming. Car repairmen for the stars, they say to theirselves. Thankless job, but it pays, and Tony loves it. When her powers started acting up, she moved into the shop, a bedroom with a fridge and microwave, tucked off to the side. Crackler was a long-time customer who always had something nice to say to Tony; when she started showing traces of powers, he pounced on her. His last sidekick had gotten fed up with his attention span and humor, and Tony could put up with him just fine. She likes it like this.

Up for love?: Sure. And good luck.

Other: She can drive anything. Seriously. ANYTHING.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:38 pm
Sassafras says...

Name: Vetis Preslin

Supername: Shadow

Apperance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: He's sick and mean. He enjoys watching people scream and squirm. He's malicious but is also a very pursuasive person. He's manipulative and is able to get people to do most whatever he wants with a bit of pursuading. His "charm" only works on simple minded people though. He's either scowling, frowing, has a blank face, or is smiling evily. He doesn't talk much about personal things, and gets angry if someone even askes where he was born. He has mroe emotion to him than he will ever show. He was destined to be a villian, but it's all the pent up anger and resentment towards the people from his past that gives him that extra push. To destroy all before they could destroy him.

Hero/Villian: Night Watch, Villian

Your Hero/Villian's powers: Can manifest lightening. Shadow manipulation. Dark chi.

Powers: Abalitly to melt into shadows. Slight shadow manipulation. Dark chi.

History: His first memory was of himself crying on a street corner. The next was of a man dressed in all black picking him up and comforting him. Vetis has never known his parents and knows he never will. They abandoned him at birth because of the orb of darkness surrounding him when he came out of the woumb. Horrorfied, they threw him out on the street as soon as night fell and they were sure no one was watching. While doing his rounds on the city, Night Watch noticed crying somewhere below. Quickly, he climbed down off of his air board he manifested out of his chi, and came upon a small boy. He was about to kill the thing but then he noticed all the dark power radiating of of him. So, instead, he sort of adopted the boy as his own, named the boy Vetis, and started the training to make him his sidekick.
Vetis has never known his parents, but he knows Night Watch really isn't his dad. He knows he will probably never find his parents but, if he ever does come across them, he swears they will die by his hand.

Up for love?: Sure.

Other: He keeps a tank of pirahna's in his room and has a pet snake named Snyder that he keeps with him.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

18 Reviews

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:24 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

We're going to go ahead and stsrt this, so here goes the first post. Still accepting characters.

Fawn
I sighed, glancing at the clock on the wall. 12:37. We still had about an hour to finish the test. If only Algebra was as easy as winning a battle with Lex Luthor.

6(x-7)>y-4

What? I stared at the problem, wondering if Mrs. Brantley ever tought this to us. I glanced over at Tootie, who looked equally puzzled. The problem with being a sidekick was that all of us were left side dominant. Meaning we were more creative than mathematically inclined. I went through the stps in my head.
Distributive property... Subtract four... Wait... Do we subtract the fourty-two?... Am I supposed to flip the sign?
I growled, scowling at the piece of paper.

Just then, there was a beep on the intercom.
"Mrs. Brantley?" It said.
"Yes?" Mrs. Brantley sighed in annoyance.
"We need Miss Turner and Miss Le'Trek in the front office. Pronto."
"They're taking a test!" Mrs. Brantley retorted.
"It's urgent." The office lady said calmly.
Mrs. Brantley glared as Tootie, then me.
"Fine." She snapped. "But I want them in early tomorrow."
There was a click and the sound went off. I was already out of my seat, my book bag ready to go and everything put away by the time Tootie put her first book in her bag.

*Note: All of the sidekicks will be meeting in the front office. A disaster of some sort has happened.*

66 Reviews

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:03 pm
SisterItaly says...

Tooti

We were all sitting in the office. The principal looked at us each, looking outraged. Well, when wasn't the principal of the villains academy furious?
"Students, as you know, some of you have signed up to return to the sidekick academy. This saddens me, because it was hard to get you here in the first place," She grumbled.

We were practiacally forced to come here, almost like they stole us. I didn't want to go back. I wanted to become a villain, like my adoptive mother. One of the others also was grumbling under his breath. I'm guessing he didn't want to go either.
"So stop your whining and get out of here before we go against the heroes wishes!" she hissed.

We all nodded and stood, heading out of the office and down the dark hall. The school wasn't eco-friendly. Most of the lights were smashed out by villians-to-be.

There was a literal, light at the end of the hall, and we were almost at it, I was nervous, I didn't want to go bac to the other academy. As we opened the door the light poored into our eyes, the bus was waiting to take us back, the bus driver from the S. K. A. Smiling happily. Here we go again.

*is this what you had in mind kim?*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:41 pm
Sassafras says...

Vetis Preslin

Grumbling, I pushed passed the other villians in training and made my way onto the bus.

"We meet again, Vetis," said the bus driver as I walked by.

"Shut up," I said with a horribly bored tone in my voice. I noticed he still had the cast on his arm from the last time we met. I made my way to the back of the bus and plopped down in the very last seat. Humph, that'll teach him to try and take away my snake again. Speaking of snakes... "Hey," I called to the front, "where the eff are my animals?" The bus driver turned around and raised his eyebrows at me.

"Oh, you mean the devil snake and the devil fish?" he said, laughing.

"Just tell me where the hell they are," I growled, my fist clenching. The bus driver, who went by the name of Bobert, raised his hands in defense and turned to face the road.

"They are on the way to the academy with the rest of your things," he mumbled, suddenly not smiling anymore. I scoffed and sat back against my seat, instantly pulling out my ipod and shoving the ear buds in. Great, this place again. If they were just going to make us go back why did they take us out in the first place?

"This is bullshit," I screamed. The bus driver looked back and was about to say something about my lanaguage but he never did. The ball of black chi that traveled from my hands and missed his face by a few centimeters silenced him quickly enough.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:43 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Tony

"No! I said fifteen feet of sheet metal, not fifteen yards! oh, fine. Just throw the extra in my room. I'll deal with it." I mumbled, shooting a glance at the bus driver. A black ball -oh, fun, Vetis was mad again- was still burning by his side. I sidestepped it and sidled into a seat by myself. I liked sitting alone.

Oh my god, I'm turning into Tooti.

But anyway- three more calls pending. "Antonia Rivera, please hold," I repeated three times, starting to punch in more numbers and letters. I had an auto shop to run, didn't I?

"C'mon, Wrenchy-poo. Can't put me on hold."

I groaned. "Crackler, now's not the best time, I'm on my way back to-"

"Sidekick Academy, I know. I sent you."

I grumbled some. Being the mechanic girl on campus, with the metal-bending abilities- that wasn't the funnest. But I could deal. I did learn a lot that I needed to know here. I sighed. "Nice talking to you, Cracky, but I've got two business calls and thirty extra feet of sheet metal to deal with. And someone is seriously ticked and getting dark chi-happy. Catchya." I didn't wait for his response- just hung up and clicked the next number.

"Rivera Mechanics, Antonia speaking, how may I help you today? ... No, ma'am, we don't do dog-sitting. Have a nice day."

Click. Next.

"Rivera Mechanics, Antonia speaking, how may I help you? God, Ramone, I told you! Put the thirty extra in my room! What? I don't know, just... prop it up on the wall, okay? Thanks. ... Love you too, bro."

I sighed and slipped my phone in my pocket. A call from the boss-man, a certain heiress, and my older brother who's close to clueless. Not the worst I could've gotten.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:11 am
Manny says...

Adam

I couldn't have been happier. After who knows how long, I can finally leave that stupid villain academy and see the light of day. At first it seemed like a cool learning experience, that's what Uncle Yeti had said, but really it was just plain old hell on earth. I thought maybe it'd be interesting to see how villains were made, what made them tick, that kind of stuff, but in the end they just wanted to do what they wanted to do. And they busted up all the freakin' lights! Absolutely no light bulbs to play with during the boring parts of school. Yeah, this place pretty much sucked.

I made my way onto the bus, flashing the grin that hadn't left since the great news in the principal's office toward the driver, and finding a seat somewhere in the middle of the bus to plop down in. Letting out a sigh, I glanced around to see who else was on board. Tony was near by on the phone or about to be. Vetis was in the back being, well, Vetis. That left Tootie and Fawn, give or take a few extra stragglers. With the thought of girls still swimming in his head, he made a mental note to beat his uncle senseless once he was strong enough. The idiot had told him that being surrounded by villains meant plenty of hot girls to meet. Well, he had been right on the girl part, but half the girls in that place had some kind of mental disorder, while the other half just would rather burn you alive before dating you. I shuddered a little at the thought.

Rubbing my hands together so that they started cackling with a bit of static electricity, I glanced out the window before saying to no one in particular, "Ahh, sweet civilization, here I come!"

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:33 am
eldEr says...

**you just couldn't wait till I got back from the city could you? =p

Name: Easy Walsh

Supername: The Flash-back

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: He's over-all a very sweet guy. He can be protective, but perhaps that comes with being a side-kick to a hero. He's sensative to insults, though he doesn't show it and choses to laugh along with the others and be hurt in secret. He has a very laid-back appearing personality, though he's usual going absolutely nuts inside. He tries to make everybody happy if possible, though he's not a total pushover. He tries not to flirt too much, as he's been in trouble for leading women on, but hey, who can resist a little?

Hero/Villain: Spectacular Girl

Your Hero/Villain's powers?: Lightning control, wind control and flying.

Powers?: Memorie manipulation, can see details of the past

History: He doesn't really have one. He can't remember anything after his 13th birthday. All he remembers is waking up in the hospital, able to see the past and the memories of everybody surrounding him. He never did learn what happened.

Up for love?: Yes.

Other: He keeps journals...lots and lots of journals.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

161 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:46 am
Sassafras says...

Vetis

The bus took of but I was already lost in my own world of the all great and powerful band Aiden. While nodded my head slightly to the music, I turned to look out of the window. In what seemed like a matter of seconds, the old life that I've come not to despise too much morphed into the much dreaded, much hated, Sidekick Academy life that I will soon come to know again.

The bus pulled up to the school and the sight of all those happy-go-lucky heros in training prancing around made me want to throw up. Or at heast shove a spinning black orb of death down their throats. Hmm, I quite like that idea. Everyone started to file off the bus and, regretfully, I followed behind.

"I'd just like to remind you all to follow the rules and, Vetis," he said, grabbing my shirt but quickly letting it go after I gave him what father, I mean, excuse me, Night Watch would call a death glare, "that means you too."

"Hope off, old man," I grumbled, shoving my ear buds in and walking down the stairs to the bus.

"Where to now," Adam asked. I rolled my eyes at him and started towards the front office. If they weren't smart enough to know we had to get our rooms, schedules, and all that other stuff first then, well, that's their problem.

66 Reviews

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:28 am
SisterItaly says...

Tooti

As we filed off the bus, I saw lady (in civi's clothes) standing off to the side. With a quick glance at the others, I walked over to her and gave her a, almost half-hearted hug.
"What are you doing here, mom?" I asked with emphesis on the 'mom', to remind her she wasn't my real mother.
"I have great news, you get to come home after school! No living in a dorm room with..." she paused and looked around, before leaning in, "A super." she whispered.

That made me happy. It was hard enough to sneak out and help Lady Beast when I was living at the Villain's Academy!
"Help me get my bags!" I yelped, but she did so.

~Later that evening~

I was set up in my old room, when there was a knock at the door.
"Come in," I said briefly, laying on my bed and staring at the ceiling.
"Want to help me tear up the town?" asked Lady Beast.
I looked up to see my mother figure, in full costume. She wasn't all that flashy, it was just a skin tight black jumpsuit, and a black robbers mask. My own costume however, was much more flashy. I quickly grabbed my dark purple jumpsuit, the slipped it on in the bathroom. I ran my hand over the black letter, embrodded into the front 'S', for Shift.

We took to the streets, people screaming at the sight of LB, who had transformed into a panther, I remained invisable, and dragged unsuspecting civilians near her, letting them squirm and scream, then when they were close enough that her hot breath would carress their skin, I'd realise them and let them run off screaming for their mommys... oh man I loved being evil!

The Book.

it's ok, death by laughter was always how i've wanted to go out
— Carina