z

Young Writers Society

The Call of the Ten *started*

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:24 pm
Pernicious says...

Ah D:

Right, I haven't had my laptop for a while. I was meant to be doing my homework, but recently I haven't been doing it (Teehee o.o) My sincere apologies, but I've also had no internet. My mother disconnected it for a while and we've only recently got it back. My sincere apologies again, I'll post straight away.
"Lost time is never found again."

-Benjamin Franklin

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:28 pm
Apple says...

Sailor Raccoon

I looked around me. Everything appeared grey, like one of Mama's paintings. I walked towards the river and watched as it lapped onto the shore, the fish within frozen in time. Putting my hand in, I immediatly pulled it out, icy cold biting into my fingers. Something wasn't right. Turning I came face to face with a little boy.

"They need your help," he began before giggling and turning away.

"Who does?" I shouted after him, watching as he began to rush towards the exit of the village.

Trying to run after him, I stopped in front of my house; my mouth falling open in devesation. Animated flames licked at the cobble stone building destroy the hay bunched roof. Mama was hauling herself out of the damage, a large beast like thing dropped in front of her. Stabbing its arm through her belly, Mum fell to the grounfd staring lifelesly into the sky.

"Mama!" I screeched, dropping to my knees. The monster turned around. I froze with fear. It began to run towards me. Turning away, I found my legs stepping one foot in front of the other to get away from it. Collapsing towards the ground, I put my arm up. It flew straight threw me and up into the sky joining in the vast line of creatures. My arms shook and I felt tears beginning to stream down my cheaks.

"S-Sa-i-lor!" I turned at the sound of my name to seem Mum lifting a weak hand up towards me. I collpased by her side, searching her face for signs of life. Her eyes flickered open once more and she cupped my chin in her bleeding hand. "You have to go to the council clearing, for Jira. We need you. Go my sweets, go to the council clearing...It's your destiny-"

I sat bolt upright in bed, my heart racing. Pushing my hair from my sweat licked face I looked around my room to see my Father and Mother snuggled in tightly together. It had been all a dream. Standing shakily, I stumbled towards the window expecting to see the mosnters flying through the sky. They weren't. Everything looked normal again. I turned back to stare at my satchel propped up on a chest of drawers.

Nodding determidly, I strode towards it. "For Jira I'll go to the council clearing."
I spy!

5 Reviews

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:17 pm
Pernicious says...

I might not be on the laptop a lot. Just a heads up, but I'll try get on this as much as possible. And another thing, my following post, I don't think I quite got the drift. If I've done anything wrong, please explain the plot to me thoroughly XD I have a feeling I've probably gone wrong somewhere, but you live and learn o-o
Last edited by Pernicious on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Benjamin Franklin

5 Reviews

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:17 pm
Pernicious says...

Alces Muse

The insignificant antlers his cranium was adhered with were actually proving to be quite.. An annoyance. Due to having had to live with them from birth, you would of thought Alces was immune to the irksome problems his antlers caused, but he wasn't. In fact, he was and always shall be extremely conscious about them.

Muttering, Alces removed the ochre leaves from his small rack and dusted the others off of his shoulders after they too had been dragged down from the tree by his horns.

The bronze sun rays cast a magnificent glow down onto the fallen leaves, of which were different shades of gold. Alces went out of his way to crunch the darkest leaves with his shoes. The sound was just.. Somewhat satisfying for him. He was literally hypnotised by each leaf and the sun that complimented it's already beautiful, crispy self. Syncerus Buffalo stood ahead of Alces; an affection smirk upon his mouth. Alces was facing the floor and didn't notice his regal acquaintance ahead of him, so when Syncerus wrapped his arm around Alces and held him firmly in a head lock it came as a surprise for him. Syn grasped one of Alces thin antlers and wriggled it about, causing Alc's head to move too. He yelped, followed by squirming out of the headlock and a few meters back to analyze his attacker. Seeing it was a teenager of his age, and one of his friends, Alces chortled and rammed his skull into his opponents. Both of them had quite stubby horns, but as Syn grew, his would become a lot more bigger.

As the two friends finally stopped their spar, Syncerus then parted his mouth to speak. But... Nothing? For some abnormal reason, literally nothing was escaping Syn's larynx. It was just... Muffled. Out of nowhere sounded a voice, a man's perhaps. Alces tried tuning in on what Syncerus was saying, but it was no use.

"Listen, Alces Moose of the Hoph tribe."

.."Muse!" Alces said aloud, causing Syn to cast an astranged stare on him.

"I shall address you as your proper name." Replied the male voice, rather sternly, shutting Alces up. "I am Jira, I believe you know of me, so I don't really need to go into the depth of who I am. Now, I want you to stop trying to listen to his friend, I've blocked out every sound around you. The only clear and evident sound you can now hear is my voice. After all, I am a God, I do have some advantages." It was obvious this male, now adressing herself as Jira, the ultimate God, was babbling.

"Now, even if you haven't for some reason heard of the council clearing, I have transferred some memory data about it into your mind. I require you to thoroughly scan over this information and annotate the most important sections- them being on how to get their, why, et cetera. Now. Your friend is losing ultimate patience with you, I apologize for this, and before he gets any more annoyed I shall leave." And with that, a heavy weight was lifted from Alces' head, implying he had left.

"ALCES. ALCES MUSE ANSWER ME!" Hollered Syncerus at the top of his voice. An echo followed after his voice repeatidly. Blinking, Alces allowed himself to just fall onto the floor, making it look like he had just passed out, because otherwise, he would have no other excuse. And anyway, he wasn't quite sure he was even conscious right now...

God Jira, coming to him with a prophecy?
Last edited by Pernicious on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Benjamin Franklin

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:35 pm
Dragonet says...

Um...Pernicious? Yeah, Jira is God, as in male.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

25 Reviews

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:57 pm
Dragonet says...

Cody~

The light from the full moon lit my path as I struggled through the growth of the forest, on my way to council clearing. One of my Dao swords slashed through a cluster of weeds that were taller then me. When the plants cleared, I found myself looking into a large clearing. I was here.

I took a step forward onto the short, green grass; all around me the grass was clean and smooth as if it had been just recently cut, but I knew that was imposable, no one had been here for years. The rich grass continued to make a wide open clearing, shaped in a perfect circle. With thick, high plants all around, like walls, so that you wouldn't even know that it was here unless you happened to stumble upon it. Across from me there was a small opening in the weed-wall, where a small river flowed right up to the clearing, I was guessing that it was the place where the Fynn people entered.

There were ten separate bushes spread out evenly around the diameter of the clearing, all had their branches loaded with colorful flowers. All of the plants had a different color of flower. Not a yard to my left, there was a bush that was loaded with pure white flowers, the color of my tribe. All around there were all the different colors for all the different tribes: Byrd-yellow, Dogg-brown, Roddint-red, Fynn-blue, Beecst-silver, Prymait-orange, Hoph-green, Reptyll-black, and last but not least, Katt-purple.

I stepped into the middle of the clearing. So far I was the only one there, but that wouldn't last for long, because just then I heard the grass rustle and I turned to see who was entering...

>note: remember the tribes don't get along at all. They HATE each other, so think lots of fighting, and hate, and distrust. With the exception of some of the non-carnivorous tribes.<
Last edited by Dragonet on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:48 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Abby

BAIR. BAIR. BAIR.

If I was back home, all front doors would be locked and bolted, and anyone left outside would be left to fly as fast as they could. We'd lost so many of the non-fliers to Bairs, Dohgs, Katts... basically, all other tribes. Byrds were easy prey, and we knew it. So, I did the thing that came natural. I shoved Yelir into another bush (wasn't going to leave him to fend for himself) and bolted under the one with yellow flowers.

I could feel my heart hammering, beating, possibly bruising my ribcage, and I was shaking all over. Bairs were the worst. We were told they didn't even go after Byrds, because we weren't enough sustenance. They were bigger, stronger, fiercer. We could only fly, spot food, and hide exceptionally well. Me, especially. Hummingbirds were tiny, in case you hadn't noticed.

So I left it up to my size that I would be kept hidden, making quieter breaths and clinging to the branches of the bush. Forest floors felt icky on my skin. I couldn't use my wings under here, so I relied on adrenaline-induced strength. I really didn't want to get killed two hours into this trip, without saying goodbye to Chelsea.

Thus, the branches would remain clung to.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

199 Reviews

Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:09 pm
Apple says...

>Hey, Drago, you don't mind if my character knows yours slightly. Because Beecst and Bair thing-o. Also, sorry for the shortness.<

Sailor

The walk had been tiresome. As usual I had forgot to bring the most needed equipment such as water and food, though for some reason I had brang my weapons. My mouth was dry and my stomach was grumbling like Mama when she was giving birth. I stumbled over a twig and lifted one of the branches.

"Finally," I muttered. I looked at the clearing. It had been everythng Papa had explained it would be.

Bursting through the, trees I crashed to the ground, my arms wind milling around me. Goraning as I picked up a mouth full of dirt, I gasped around my like a child in a candy shop. I suddenly felt a shadow standing over me. Looking up through silver hair, I felt a smile spread across my face.

"What are you doing here, Sailor?" Cody sighed impaitently.

"Cody!" I jumped to my feet and grinned at him. He didn't share the same expression as me. I knew why though. Ever since he started trading in the Beecst tribe, I had made his life hell asking him questions that even annoyed the fish! "I'm on mission, from Jira!"

"You!" he looked at me unbelievably. "On a mission!"
I spy!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:22 pm
SisterItaly says...

Alex

As I approached the clearing, I could hear others. I was tired, hungry, but still catious. I grabbed my dagger from my satchel, which was always at my side, and held it defensivly as I approached them. One seemed to be irritated with the other, the other seemed happy to be here. I, for one, was nervous. I looked up to the two, then cleared my throat.
"Who the hell are you?" I said with a shaky voice.

They both looked up, maybe drawing attention to myself wasn't a good thing.

*sorry it's short*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:56 am
Light_Devil! says...

Shaedow Cobra (Likes to be called Shaede)

Shaede frowned, "What are you doing here?"

Python basically hissed at him, "Don't ask me questions, junior. I am the oldest out of the both of us, you respect what I say."

Shaede rolled his eyes, "With all due respect and all that, but you're older than me by a month. And I'm taller than you."

"Freak of nature is what you are. No Reptyll clan member has ever been as tall as you, nor as widely built," Jake Python spat, his eyes narrow slits.

Shaede glanced between their two body shapes. Python was skinny, bony and fairly tall with gangly limbs and long thin fingers. His own, however, was almost exactly the same, but he was taller and his shoulders were wider by about a few finger-widths. It was this minute difference which basically made him an outcast. Shaede's eyes grew darker still, And if they ever find out the real truth behind this, they won't even associate with me.

Python grinned, his sharper than average teeth poking through his smile, "But as the Shodai's son, we can't say much against you... while he's around. Sometimes I think you're not entirely Reptyll. You know, you act weirdly, though I can't even begin to think that the Shodai would ever lay with another clan. That would be against all our teachings."

Shaede's cobra looped around his arm and hissed at Python. Python's eyes widened, "You're not serious. That's a man's challenge, we could both die. I..."

Shaede's eyes narrowed further and he hissed the ancient challenge, "I dare you to accept this duel. This duel has taken many lives, would you like to join the honourable list?"

Python bowed so low that his hair brushed against the floor, "I don't accept. Spare me. Please."

Shaede's cobra disappeared back into his shirt and Shaede nodded, his black lifeless hair bouncing up and down, "You're spared, but if you ever dishonor the Cobra name again I shall see to it you never have your own name passed on. And I'm fully aware you already have a child. Go now. Leave."

Jake Python gracefully stepped backwards through the cloth entrance of Shaede's cave. He wasn't even meant to be here. Shaede swore. That challenge had been risky. If Python had accepted it would've been possible that Shaede wouldn't have survived. Though Shaede's python was the most poisonous out of his clan he was still young and his venom might not be as effective.

When Shaede realised Python's scent was gone he let out a sigh and he felt his dog ears wiggle in response. He slapped a hand up to stop them and his noise wrinkled as their touch. Soft and velvety - not at all what a Reptyll was meant to feel like. He closed his eyes and thought about it. Why had his father done it? Python had been right when he said he couldn't imagine the Shodai to have lain with any other clan as that would've been an act of dishonor.

Shaede couldn't imagine why. As he thought about it he drifted off to sleep.

Shaede sat up, the usual hair sitting on his face gone. Something was wrong. He reached up to touch his head and found it bald. His ears stuck prominently outwards, twitching with a new sense of freeness. He glanced around, terrified someone might find out.

Then he noticed the figure sitting next to his bed. A Dohg clan member, judging by her ears, with small warm brown eyes and a soft smile of her slightly chubby face. In an instant Shaede recognised who she was.

"Mum?"

Her gaze fell upon him and brightened, "Oh, my little pup. I'm so sorry I haven't been there for you, but Jira let me see you. He wanted me to tell you this: Go to the clan's meeting. It is of great importance. I know you'll do great. You're more like me than your father. Go."

Her voice became smaller and smaller as her appearance rippled away, he cried out, "No! Don't go, I want to ask you so many questions! What's your name? Do I have any relatives? Why did father choose you?"

"Love. Always love. Like I have for you..." the voice became a distant echo. Shaede began to cry.

Shaede sat up, his heart beating a million miles a minute. He took a deep breath and it took him a while to realise he was crying. He knew what he had to do. He didn't care what the Shodai, his father, thought. It was something he had to do. He would go the clan's meeting.

Spoiler! :
Shodai means "founding" or "first".
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

5 Reviews

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:48 pm
Pernicious says...

Alces Muse

Creasing the flesh upon his forehead and rolling it up into a frown as his cheeks were rapidly slapped in a certain rythem, Alces awakened. After falling, he must have cracked his skull off of the floor with enough impact cabale of actually rendering him unconscious. Staring down at him was Syncerus and one of the tribe elders, Hemionus Mule.

"Alces... Alces! You're regaining consciousness, lad." Grinned Hemionus, placing a hand on his forehead to check his temperature. "Syncerus, take him back to camp immediately. Take him to my wife and simplify what has happened for her. Then let her do her job."

Nodding slightly submissively, Syncerus helped Alces up and wrapped his arm around his neck for stability. As Hemionus departed, Alces shrugged Syncerus away from him.

"Syn, I can't go back to camp... I know you'll think I'm going crazy, but Jira just visited me!" Knwoing Syncerus wouldn't believe him, Alces tried to sound as serious as possible, and made sure to keep his distance so Syn couldn't grab him and take him back to camp to tell the elders that he had gone nuts!

And he was right to do so. Syncerus lunged for Alces, but fortunately, Alces darted out of his range and down the pathway. He started side skipping before coming to a complete stop. "Fine, if you don't believe me, then I'm going. I'm not going to go against a God's word..."

With a flicker of Syn's lip, Alces had dissapeared into the obscure woods, were trees were strangled by the mist and the umbrage was moist and literally a run way for small amphibians.

"God, this is all going so fast.." Murmured Alces, eyeing an exotic looking reptile sitting on a large leaf indented like a cup and holding some water. "And.. I don't really know where this whole council thing is, do I?" Alces had never really heard of it before, but it sounded familiar. Kneeling down to handle the lizard he had previously spotted, unfortunately, the small being was too quick for him and had slithered into the foliage before he could touch it.

"This is going to be a disaster..." Winced the bewildered Alces.

-Benjamin Franklin

25 Reviews

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:06 pm
Dragonet says...

Cody

I was barley able to hold back a groan of dissipointment when Sailor told me that Jira had sent her on a quest, this quest. Suddenly a voice behind me said, "Who the hell are you?" I snapped around and saw a Katt warrior standing there. A petty Katt tribe girl wasn't going to talk to me like that. "Cody Blackbear. What's your's, kitty?" The girl flicked her black tail in annoyance and glared at me.

She raised her chin, "My name's Alex, Alex Panther. Got any more questions, teddy?"

I sneered, raising part of lip so that she could get a glance at my sharp teeth. "Yeah, I was wondering why Jira would ever put a Katt on a quest. When it's obvious they're natural failures." I noticed a quick flick of her hand and saw a small blade flash in the moon light behind her fingers. She had pulled a dagger out of her sleeve. My hand hovered over my swords' hilts.

Just then Sailor stepped in between us and offered her hand to Alex. "If it helps, my name's Sailor." The Katt, startled, looked suspiciously at her hand and looked like she was trying to decide what to do with it. I rolled my eyes at Sailor, but really I was sort of relieved, I was sore from my trip and wasn't up to fighting. I settled back and relaxed, letting the feline warrior know that I felt satisfied not to fight.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw another figure step into the clearing, and I could swear I could hear another stomping through the brush not far away.

I tensed up, I was starting to feel uneasy with all of theses people. If my clan found out that I was meeting up with people from a bunch different tribes, I would be in so much trouble. Especially because of my heritage. They would never trust me again, all of that hard work that I had to go through to even get to become a warrior, would be thrown away.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:19 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Abby

I hugged my branch tightly, my wings flat against my back. I had my eyes squeezed shut and was biting my lip tight, hoping no one would notice my cloak trailing in the leaves or my braid peeking out of my hood. I was small enough, wasn't I? If I couldn't hide from the blunties -that was what Chelsea called anyone who wasn't a Byrd or Roddint- I was truly a failure of a Byrd.

I peeked through the web of leaves at Yelir, who looked just about as comfy as I did. I crossed one of my feet over the other, not daring to let out my breath in frustration. I raised my eyebrows at Yelir, who raised his right back. Neither of us knew what to do, I guess. Just wait until our branches snapped and we had to face the people we'd avoided our entire lives.

I squeezed my eyes shut tight and prayed to Jira my branh was sturdy.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:32 am
TheGreatIthy says...

Lupin Wolf

I walked through the brush and immediately regretted leaving my tribe. In front of me was a few people from different tribes. Tribes that were sworn enemies of my own. I closed my eyes and remembered why I was there. I was there to prevent something bad from happening. Jira sent me. I had a right to be there.

"Howdy." I said. They all stopped to stare at me. It was pretty awkward to say the least, "What? You never seen a Dohg before?"

"What are you doing here?" The woman from the Katt tribe said.

"No introductions first? Whatever, my name is Lupin. Lupin Wolf."

"And?" She prodded.

"You next. What's your name?"

"Alex Panther," She said with a sigh.

"I'm Cody Blackbear." Another said.

"And I'm Sailor. Now, why are you here."

"It sounds stupid," I said, "but I had a vision from Jira. Said to meet 9 others here." I looked around and knew right away that they all had similar stories and I felt. Well, less stupid for lack of a better word. Obviously, 9 weren't there at the moment and I found myself wondering who else would show up.
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

199 Reviews

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:47 am
Apple says...

Sailor

I know I was supposed to be swarn enemies with everyone - excluding Cody - but I couldn't contain my excitement. These people were DEADLY! I clapped my hands together and cried out, waving my hand in the air, excitedly.

"So did I!" I jumped in front of Lupin and looked into his eyes, well as much as a short girl can. "Did you have the same dream as me?"

He staggered away from me, his hand going towards his the sword at his belt. Cody grabbed at the neck of my shirt and pulled me back. "Stop this foolishness!" Cody snapped. "You two couldn't possibly have been asked by Jira! He wouldn't allow fools to go about his errands."

"Are you calling me a fool?" Lupin asked, raising his eye brow.

"Let me tell you now, the Katt tribe is to much for your petty alliances!" Alex snapped.

Oh great! Not again. "Umm, you guys?" I said in a shaking tone.

"What did you say?!" Cody snarled.

"She said you're pathetic and I have to agree with her for once!" Lupin grinned.

"Can we calm down a 'lil? Please! Fighting isn't going to get us no where." All three of them ignored me and stepped in closer glaring each other down. "Don't your remember the little ryhme!" I shouted uslessly. Clapping my hands together I began to stomp my feet like all the little children in the Beecst tribe would when singing a song.

"Love is important!" I hollered in a high pitch voice. They weren't listening, they were ignoring me. Digging deeper into my voice I began to sing louder. "Let's all join together, and have some fun. There is no need to fight, when you have you shirt back to front! If we all care, we can have some fun..." I pointed at Cody. "Take it away, Dee!" I used the nickname I had given him the first day we had met.

"Cram it, Sailor!" he snapped back.
I spy!

It's all a matter of perspective. Everyone is the hero of their own story, and the villain of another's.
— James