z

Young Writers Society

The Call of the Ten *started*

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:28 am
Apple says...

Save me a spot! Will post profile as soon as possible. May take me awhile, but I will get it done.
I spy!

199 Reviews

Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:28 am
Apple says...

Save me a spot! Will post profile as soon as possible. May take me awhile, but I will get it done.
I spy!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:09 am
fictionfanatic says...

I call the Fynn spot! Will post profile in a minute, just wanted to claim it first.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:10 am
fictionfanatic says...

NOOOOOO!!!! I had almost finished and then my computer started acting stupid and I lost all of it. Ugh ugh UGH! I'm just going to post it tomorrow
Live, Love, Laugh

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:33 am
Alz says...

Name: Farren Orangutan
Tribe: Prymait
Appearance:
Spoiler! :

(she doesn't wear the hat)
Farren is very slender, and about 5' 5'. She wears her charm in her hair. She usually wears loose, earthy clothing.
Personality: Very chatty, but emotional. Farren tells it like it is, and can sometimes seem like she is very unfeeling, but would never intentionally hurt anyone. Has a mathematical mind; engineers the defence systems around the tribe.
Other Personality: She is very flexible and has a good understanding of karate style self-defence.
Packing:
Spoiler! :

Up for love: Yes
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon. - Robert Cormier

Check out my blog at http://missalliesadventures.blogspot.com

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:22 am
Light_Devil! says...

I claim Reptyl! :D And not because I love emo characters *shifty eyes*

Name: Shaedow Cobra

Tribe: Reptyll (As there isn't much mentioned about this clam, am I allowed to... sort of make the bits and bobs that make it?)

Appearance: The usual. Black hair, thin slit eyes so dark brown they are almost black - which is why he was given the name Shaedow at birth. However, he has been hiding two of the smallest ears underneath his hair. He is half Dohg. His mother's last name was Shar-pei and as such, both thanking and cursing Jira who bestowed this on him, the ears are very small. They were so small in fact the patch of black hair he was born with hid them well. Shaedow is fairly tall and has very pale skin, though due to his Dohg lineage he doesn't burn easily and his skin isn't that flaky. Also because he is half Dohg his stature is slightly wider, which is cause for some ridicule from others in his tribe.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Has had to live his life hiding his somewhat less serpent qualities, because his father was Cobra, Shaedow was accepted into the tribe as his mother died giving birth to him. Using all his snake like abilities, he has developed a masking personality filled with distrust. He is paranoid most of the time. However, he can sometimes forget himself and that's when the mask slips he shows off his Dohg-like self. When he isn't trying to be as snakey as he can and his mask isn't on, Shaedow is almost sweet and caring. Stubborness is something he has from both his parents as well as bursts of rage.

Other Personality:
Is more lively than the other tribe members and unlike the others he feels the need to explore their desert home. Some part of him wonders if he'll ever know his true heritage, though the other part of him disdains it.

Packing:
As with all tribe members, a snake captured on the day of their birth is given to them. Usually, the snake species is the last name of the member. As such, Shaedow owns a cobra which he carries around with him that is his defence. He carries accupuncture needles tipped with cobra venom and metal claws (also coated in venom) which he sculpted himself.

Spoiler! :
ImageImageImage

Up for love: Of course.

Other: (Will include history... maybe) Carries his charm on his metal claws.
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

199 Reviews

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:54 am
Apple says...

Name: Sailor Raccoon

Tribe: Beesct

Appearance: Sailor is quite small, and doesn't like it how others tower over her. Often she dreams to be ten feet tall, and will often be found in a tree or standing on her tippy toes to elevate her height. She has gray-black hair, with light gray raccoon stripes running through it. It is often tied into a bun at the nap of her neck to keep it from falling into her face. Dark, black circles ring around her eyes drawing out the dull brown. Sailor's eyebrows are instinctively snow white. She hides these by smearing coal across the fine hairs to dull the colour down to a messy gray. Sailor isn't to good at smearing it on and often there are faint coal markings covering her forehead which are only worsened by red blotches which are instinctive marks of where she had practically ripped apart her skin to remove the coal.

Her nails are short, though extremely sharp and her teeth also. There is often dirt collected in her nails, and some times it can look so dirty that the colour is yellow. Her teeth on the other hand are pearly white and something that people often remark on; especially for a raccoon.

Spoiler! :

Ooo almost forgot, her charm is placed in a chocker around her neck.

Personality: Sailor - in one word - is weird. Everyone tells her it, whether it be to her face or behind her back. She laughs at her own jokes; which are not funny, she is always seen walking around in circles and speaking to herself for hours on end and she has no interest in the functioning of her tribe, something which even opposing tribes want to know. Sailor cannot hunt for the life of her. Her mouth is always wide open and when she manages to find her prey, she ends up telling it her problems instead of ripping the animal to shreds. In all intense purposes, the whole tribe believes her to have learning difficulties and most of the older ladies are not afraid to say that she doesn't play with a full deck of cards.

Sailor is dyslexic and cannot train her focus on things for to long. If someone tells her do something, she'll forget it at the last minute and end up destroying everything. Most people do not rely on her and she is often forgotten and left to climb trees for the day. She laughs at the stupidest things and can get scared very easily. She is air headed and receives head aches to often if over loaded with information. She blushes to much also. Compliments make her blush. Insults make her blush. Being scared makes her blush! It's not a very raccoon-like thing, but Sailor does it, especially around boys.

Other Personality: Sailor loves water! She absolutely loves it. It is reason she was named the way she was. Water is her haven and she is often found next to it, dunking her fingers into it or splashing among the waves. Sometimes, she'll fall asleep in the river and wake up miles away from her tribe. Another of her likes is food. Eating and playing with it are like heaven to her. She is always found placing something down her jaws, or throwing an apple up and down until she starts treating it like a hacky sack. She doesn't like strong smells, in fact she loathes them so much she will end up sticking her nose into her shirt battling the smell of her own sweat. Sailor also fears large animals, reptiles in particular (sorry, Devil. But it will change! I promise!). They scare her more then anything and send chills up her spine till she is shaking like a wet cat.

Sailor is a very strong swimmer, scavenger and climber. Speaking of scavenging; she is the best at it. She can steal something from you before you even notice that you're not holding it anymore. She'll take anything whether its been thrown on the ground and stamped on. If tempted enough, she'll seize it. Sailor isn't very picky, which makes her kind hearted and comprehensive. As I've already mentioned, she is a slow learner and can easily jeopardize a plan faster then you can turn a light on.

Packing:

:arrow: Shuriken Stars and Daggers.
Spoiler! :

Up for love: Mhmm.
Last edited by Apple on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I spy!

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:12 pm
Dragonet says...

Devil~ Go ahead!

Apple~ Sorry, but your character wouldn't have ears and a tail. Besides that, I love it!
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:25 pm
Pernicious says...

Name: Alces Moose (He finds it too common for his liking, and hence forth altered it into Muse; Alces Muse.)

Tribe: Hoph, no less.

Appearance: Alces is quite the muscular, young and thriving juvenile. He has quite a soft appealing hairstyle with no parting, of which is adhered with a dark ochre hue. He uses a small amount of a gel like substance to keep his hair in a certain shape, and when he doesn't use it, he gains both a parting and a side fringe. Most of the time, Alces chubby cheeks are bulged into a firm smile, giving him a somewhat sensitive guy, yet more to him appearance. He dresses quite lazily and finds baggy shirts, tops, trousers, et cetera, easier to move in and such. Complimenting his skull are a pair of insignificant moose antlers (In the first following image.) Unlike his father, Alces doesn't have a trophy set of horns, and possibly will never have them. His father is leader of their tribe, yet he likes to call it a herd. He has the most stunning set of horns that prove his authority and even put his son Alces into place by a quick glimpse.

Horns:
Spoiler! :

Facial region:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Alces is quite a timid character that can be very open with people he knows, but like most folk, he is very quiet around strangers he has to work with. Alces is picky about who he is chums with and he has a very small trusting span. To be granted with trust and loyalty from Alces is to considered a privelaged, for only few gain it.

Another need to know fact about Alces is that he has extremely poor eyesight, to some, he may even be classed as partially blind. But despite this, his keen sense of smell and hearing can make up for it, and due to having to live like this for a while, Alces has adapted.

Other Personality: Being part moose has given Alces the deeper personality of, well, a moose. Every trait, every flaw; but of course, like previously stated this is his deeper personality and is only found out by those closest to him. The strengths and weaknesses he is bequeathed with vary immensely; for his strengths, he has stealth, agility, velocity and brute force. For his weaknesses, he has poor eye sight, insignificant antlers, isn't the most couragous person and he's quite gullable too.

Packing: Twin knives; both easy to grip and slice through things with ease when needed, although Alces isn't the violent type.

Spoiler! :

Up for love: ..Sure.

Other: Upon his arm there's a large serpent, for one of his previous best friends was in the Reptyll tribe; although the two tribes themselves may not be so fond of each other.

Spoiler! :
ImageYeah it's on a leg, sorry o.o...
Last edited by Pernicious on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Lost time is never found again."

-Benjamin Franklin

25 Reviews

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:03 pm
Dragonet says...

Sorry guys, but I'm grounded from the computer right now. I have to sneak on just to tell you this (I didn't want you to think that I was abandoning you). Again, sorry, I think we'll start tomorrow.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

84 Reviews

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:38 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Murdoshi BlueShark (Means Lady Fish) She either goes by Murdoshi or Doe.

Tribe: Fynn

Appearance: Murdoshi has blue hair, that's her natural color some how, and ocean colored greenish-blue eyes. She has a very pale complextion, no mater how long she's in the sun. She's six feet tall, only half the size of an actual Blue Shark. Her lips are kind of thin, since she's a fish. Murdoshi has gills in her ribcage, which are a silvery blue color. She also has fins running up from her wrists to her elbows, which are the same color.
Spoiler! :

And she keeps her charm woven tightly into her hair...
Spoiler! :
It's a silver sharktoothImage

Personality: Murdoshi is very outgoing. She will be nice to you for the most part, but make her mad and she'll attack you! She tends to be very territorial. She loves to have a good laugh and pull jokes on people. But sometimes, she just watches you for several hours straight, without talking. She almost always has to be moving...she even sleepwalks sometimes.

Other Personality: (Likes-Water, swimming, eating fish, salt, pulling jokes, fighting, claiming her territory, wide open areas. Dislikes-Being dry for to long, keeping still to long, loosing a fight, loosing her territory, small spaces. Strengths-She's an amazing, fast swimmer. She's a great fisher, she can locate water that's miles away. She's an okay runner, but not one of the best. She's a excellent fighter, she will attack anything and anyone and she will fight dirty. Weaknesses-Doesn't do good in small spaces, can't go to long without water (more of a mental thing than a physical thing), not the best runner.

Packing: Murdoshi is taking her two whale bone daggers and a bow and arrow made from driftwood and whalebone. She has nothing else...she can't swim that well with anything else.

Up for love: Yes

Other: She has long scars along her left arm from getting into a fight...she lost.

I really do apologize, but I have to finish later. I have homework...I'll try to get back on and finish it later tonight.
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

25 Reviews

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:14 am
View Likes
Dragonet says...

>Because no one called it, I'll make a Roddint.<

Name: Yelir (pronounced "Yeller") Weasel

Tribe: Roddint

Appearance: Tall, but for a Roddint that only means 5'3, and gangly. Thick head of brown wispy hair, forest green eyes, and freckles. Yelir isn't really pale, but he doesn't have a great tan either. Like all Roddints, he has a set of whiskers on his cheeks.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... s#/d2g25br
He wears his charm on his cloth belt that he always wears.

Personality: Being a weasel, Yelir has a mischievous mind, and can plot any kind of scheme. But he's really a good kid...most of the time. He's one of the best warriors in his class, but because of his Roddent heritage, he's still quite timid, and might not be as brave as some of the other chosen ones.

Other personality: Is herbivorous. Always hungery. Likes dark, underground, concealed places, it makes him feel safe. He's good at the bow and arrow, and quite talented at theft if needs be. He feels small and nervous around his teammates, especially the bigger, carnivorous tribes.

Packing: His bow and arrows. His cloth belt that carries his charm as well as other memories of his life, such as, his grandmother made it, his little sister made the beads that hang from it, his mother's necklace is woven into the thread, etc. And he always carries around lots of veggtables.

Up for love: He doesn't think he has a chance, but yes, he is.
Last edited by Dragonet on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

25 Reviews

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:41 am
Dragonet says...

I'm babysitting my little siblings right now, so I don't know if I'll be able to start this. But I'm a woman of my word, and I said we could start tonight, so I'll let somebody else start if they want to. Just some guidelines: For your first post, just introduce your character. Write about their average day in their tribe, but be creative, example: Maybe Abby would be late for her class with Mr Barnowl (sorry for singling you out ninja).
And you probably wont be seeing anyone else from another tribe, with the exception of the Bair and Beesct, or the Byrd and Roddint (it's Autumn and the Byrds are there guarding the Roddints crops while they harvest)

ps. You can use unowned characters in you post.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:55 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Abby Humming/Byrd

"Morning Mrs. Cardinal!" I called. Women in the Byrd tribe keep their last names- I waved a jade and amethyst wing at the strong built woman, who wiggled her carmine wing.

"Gathering today?"

"After school! Miss Jay is expecting me, though!" She nods, and I continue on my path. Aerial, of course. I've only ever touched my feet to the ground three times in my life. I swoop into the tiny birdhouse that houses Miss Jay, a bony woman with bluejay's wings.

"Abigale?" she says. Miss Jay's rather old, and her voice shakes when she talks.

"Yes, Miss Jay, it's Abigale,"

She nods and points at the kettle. "It's going to kill me." she announces. I nod and smile sympathetically.

"I'll burn the murder out of it," I promise, and light the stove. After I make her tea, and she confirms that the demon has vanished from her teapot, I kiss her cheek and fly off to Mr. Barnowl.

As I rush in, there are several scoffs of "Tardy!" and "Well, at least she showed up!"

"Glad to see you made it, Miss Humming." Mr. Barnowl's voice is deep and booming.

"I'm glad too, sir, and see, plums are in season, and I had to pick some-" I flipped open my satchel to reveal a load of dark purple fruits, "because I know some people here really like plums, and then I had to stop and talk Mrs. Cardinal, and then Miss Jay needed help-"

"The old bat?"

"She's a jay, Marcus, and she's not a loon either. But I promise I meant to come on time!"

I'm panting, the class is snickering, and the plums in my satchel are starting to feel uncomfortably heavy.

"Yes. Well, you're still late. Now, page fifty-four, on Migration to the Trees. Miss Humming, your book's on the floor."

I blush crimson.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

199 Reviews

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:27 am
View Likes
Apple says...

Sailor Raccoon:

"To catch a fish you must be agile, cunning and wise." I looked up from a lock of hair to see one of the old timers - who was usually to busy stealing food from the kitchens - walking around the small group of children. Trying, emaphsis on trying, to teach us how to fish. Alright so I will admit it. I am learning how to fish with a group of kids; the oldest being eight. Apparently, 'I' had failed all the other tests.

And so I didn't manage to catch a fish or sling a bird to the floor with reasoning (a sling shot), but heck; they're probably the only living things willing to listen to me speak. I'm not about to shoot down something that could become my friend. Jira knows I need more of those. "Your targets are slimy critters and will not be taken easily." The old man jumped onto a stone and lowered himself into a crouch, brushing his snout-like nose. "You must watch, then pounce!"

All the kids turned to waters edge, their eyes locked in attention. I turned solemnly, my eyes tracing the curve of the waves and eventually landing on a silver group of fish. I felt a sick feeling rising into my throat. I had spent just yesterday telling the fish about how I managed to destroy my sisters wedding, and now I was going to have to kill them!This is just no cricket! I lowered my hand into the water and sighed longingly. Why was I doing this. I didn't care for fishing, I'd rather swim with the darn things then tear them open at their stomachs.

A child suddenly picked up a fish and chorused with another two "I did it!". Mesmerised, I looked up from the waves to see who was left. My eyes fell on Johan's boy. 'Brilliant!' I thought. I was so bad at fishing, I was left competing with the blind boy!Forcing my hands to clamp around a fish, it wriggled through my fingers before I could even yell out. Growling, I pushed my hair from my face, pulling away to see some of the coal I had smudged into my eyebrows running down my fingers.

The blind boy advanced towards me. I fell in beside him, both of your eyes - ears in his case - locked onto a stray, large golden fish. Taking in a deep breath, I lunged forward. I felt the boys weight crash on me and our hands flay ridiculously for the amphibian (what ever that means). Startled, it gaped trying to swim away. I forced myself forward and felt my fingers clamp onto it. I gasped with joy before realising where I was. A jolt of cold water rushed down my throat, black and white dots dancing before my eye. Forcing myself to rise, I felt the blind boy pry the fish from my hands. I fought back as best as I could, closing my eyes and shaking my head like a demented seal.

Breaking the surface I gasped. Holding up something over my head, I let out a cry. "Victory!" The blind boy emerged, rubbing at his soulless eyes with his shoulder. "Don't worry kiddo, I've repeated this class millions of times. You'll get it for sure next time!" I said, trying to be comforting.

Coughing, he raised his cupped hands and opened them slightly for me to see. Inside was the golden fish! Cheering burst out from the other kids, their wild laughter worsening my nerves. I looked up through a stand of gray hair to see what was in my hand. The sun reflected off of something smooth....a rock.
I spy!

I didn't know beards could do that ;)
— ShadowVyper