Young Writers Society

Return of Tawtute (DEAD)

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:20 am
ScarlettFire says...

Welcome to Pandora, home of the Na'vi.

It as been twenty years since the Tawtute, the Sky People, have left and the Omatikaya, The People, have been living in peace. Many Uniltìranyu, Dreamwalkers, remain, those who respect the Omatikaya.... But there are rumours, whisperings of more Sky People. There is talk of them coming back, and in greater numbers. Even Benjamin, the oldest of the Humans, knew there was a chance that they would come back.

There is problem, though; some clan members leave camp but do not come back. This worries Kiyeri and her sister, Naria, who go and seek the consul of their mother, Sha'tira, the clan's Tsahìk, the Spiritual Leader, who tells them to go and find the missing clan members and bring them home. She also mentions for the two to capture those who took them and to bring them back to the camp.

Following their mother's advice, the pair make to leave but are stopped by their father, Ahtsan, the Clan leader, who is furious about them leaving the camp and orders them not to go. After a fight with their father, the two ignore his orders and leave anyway, taking with them a small group of other Omatikaya and a few humans who wish to help.

Meanwhile, in a secret base somewhere in the jungle, a small group of humans are conducting experiments on the Na'vi they've been kidnapping---the very ones who have gone missing. Somehow, they have been in contact with Earth and have managed to survive all these years. Now they know there's a new ship coming, and it's good news for them; the ship should be arriving at Pandora within the year. And they're bringing back reinforcements. A lot of them.

Bad news for the Na'vi; it seems like an invasion, an invasion that the Na'vi may or may not be able to stop.

You are one of these Na'vi, Uniltìranyu or Hidden Humans. Will you help Kiyeri and her sister stop the invasion and save the Na'vi? Or will you become part of the Human Invasion that may or may not destroy Pandora? It's your choice; Save or Destroy. Whose cause will you join?

Rules:
-Usual YWS/SB rules.
-ALL posts must be readable, co-relate to previous posts and have correct spelling. That means no chat speak.
-1000+ characters minimum or 250 words for those of you using MS Word or other writing programs. (Check the little box below your text!)
-Swearing; it's allowed just don't overdo it.
-Romance and Sex Scenes are allowed-Just don't be vivid; no one needs to read about details.
-No Fantasy creatures allowed unless they're from Pandora. Also no Supernatural creatures; This is Avatar people, not an alternate Earth.
-Don't God-mod. Please, it's not fair.
-Please don't double post unless there have been no new posts for at least 24 hours.
-Please have a name and place at the top of each post. Such as
-Please PM me and the creator of a character before killing them off or state in your profile if you are going to die before the end of the SB. No one likes it when they're randomly killed.
-Also, Em and I (allmixedup and ScarlettFire) are moding this SB together. If she tells you something or to do something, you listen.

Also, here's a few links that you might find helpful:

English to Na'vi Translator: http://navilator.com/index.php
(Just type in what you want to say and click translate. Only if you really wish to use Na'vi.)

Na'vi Wiki: http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar_Wiki and Pandorapedia: http://www.pandorapedia.com/

Spots Open/Claimed:

Na'vi:
- Ahtsan, Clan Leader (Male, warrior) -
- Sha'tira, Spiritual Leader (Female) -
- Kiyeri, Clan Leaders' Daughter (Female) - Claimed by Firearris.
- Naria, Clan Leaders' Daughter (Female) - Claimed by Me (Scarlett).
- Tìlor, Huntress (Female) - Claimed by Em.
- Female - Claimed by SD.
- Male - Claimed by Twitter.
- Tsanten, Warrior (Male) - Claimed by Isha.

Human:
- Benjamin (Oldest Human/Male) -
- Garrett Palmquist, Colonel (Male) - Claimed by Grant.
- Richard Green, "Eylon" (Male/A) - Claimed by Leth.
- Nick Jonston, "Riti " (Male/A) - Claimed by RedBird.
-
-

Character Profiles:
Spoiler! :
Human:
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (18 or older please)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b] (if you have one)
[b]Appearance:[/b]  (description and picture)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Include likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses)
[b]Avatar:[/b] (if you have one)
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Up for love:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Na'vi:
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (18 or older please)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (description and picture)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Include likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses)
[b]Banshee:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Up For Love:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Link to DT: topic69396.html
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:34 pm
SisterItaly says...

Profile coming whenever I finish it
Name: Tìlor

Appearance: She's about 2.6 meters tall, which is short for the na'vi kind. Her queue is always tailing along behind her, she stands straight, something her sa'nu (mommy) taught her to do. She has a slender build and is quick and nimble. The clothes in the picture are obviously not her clothes.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Tìlor doesn't like to fight with her fellow Na'vi's and animals, she will only attack when it comes to self defence. She enjoys being around other Na'vi's, but also enjoys her time alone and is known to wander off on her own when hunting. Sometimes she'll get sidetracked and watch the viperwolves for hours on end. She hates being out at night, she is afraid of the dark. To her the animals seem more... savage at night. She hates water, and can't swim. But loves the forest, and manuvering through the trees, especially in the rain. It makes her feel alive. Sometimes others wonder why she likes to be alone, and what she does when she is alone. She has her own quiet spot about a mile away from the village, in a cave behind a waterfall.

Banshee:
Spoiler! :
'aw, Stands for one.

History: Tìlor was born two years after the sky people and the destruction of the home tree. So she grew up, helping her family build the village. She was/is disapointed she didn't get the oppertunity to grow up in the home tree like her family. She's nervous about picking her mate, which her folks feel the need to remind her about every chance they get. She has one older brother who defends her with his life.

Up For Love: Duh-ya!

Other:
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Reviews: 0
Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:03 pm
Twitter says...

Place holder for male Na'vi

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:12 pm
GrantBlayfur says...

Name: [omitted for Google search engine purposes. Whoops.]

Appearance: (description and picture)
Spoiler! :
Image Works out regularly, so is in good physical form. Has an ever so slight beer belly (stupid alcohol).

Personality: (Include likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses) Very much get-to-the-point kind of guy. Is friendly to his fellow humans, only so they will help him if he ever needs it. Likes cutting open big blue humanoid aliens. Dislikes not having any alcohol on hand. Strengths: excellent shooter and pilot. Weaknesses: is drunk more often than he is sober.

Avatar: (if you have one) Doesn't have one, yet.

History: Came to Pandora at the age of 24. A few years later, the humans were driven off the planet by the Na'vi. However, Garrett and some other humans managed to stay hidden on the planet, testing possible genetic combinations of Na'vi and human DNA to 'create' better humans. Detests Na'vi strongly.

Up for love: No. But seriously, who would like this guy? (winkwink)

Other: Kidnapped and tortured a small Na'vi child a few years ago, for the heck of it.
Last edited by GrantBlayfur on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:38 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Thanks for joining everyone... Here's my profile. Will finish later.

Name: Naria.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She loves to hunt, especially with her Tsmuke (Sister), Kiyeri. She's strong willed and sometimes a bit of rebel, especially if the orders seem wrong or she really doesn't like them. Fierce and loyal, Naria can't stand to see those she cares about hurt or threatened. She can be blunt on occasion and isn't afraid to speak her mind. Likes to ride her Banshee (Ikran) and to hunt in the jungle, as she loves heights and climbing.

Banshee: Her name is Kinä.
Spoiler! :

History: Naria often got dragged into trouble by her sister when the two were younger. Along with her sister, Naria was born a year after the Sky People left. She grew up, not in Hometree like their parents, but in the village they built near a lake. Now, after hearing rumours from some of the older Na'vi and the few humans still living with them, Naria has come to the conclusion that there are more Sky People coming, and this scares her. She has also overhead talk about some of the Omatikaya who have gone missing over the past twenty years and that the humans believe there are some who don't like the Na'vi still on Pandora. Naria is determined to find them, before the Sky People come back and any more of her people go missing.

Up For Love: Of course.

Other: As the younger sister, she isn't expected to be part of the next leading clan/tribe.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:12 pm
Firearris says...

Name: Kiyeri
Appearance: Sorry, I couldn't find a good picture. Kiyeri is 10 feet tall, (about three meters), the typical height of a Na'vi. She is lithe compared to the other Na'vi.
Personality: (Include likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses) She loved to hunt, especially with her Tsmuke (Sister), Naria. She dislikes being told what to do and will often do things to rebel against/defy orders. She is strong-willed and clever, but she also snaps too easily and yet she may trust others too easily.
Banshee: She has a average sized Banshee with white and blue markings, with black-edged wings named Shi'ola
History: She often got in trouble when she was younger due to not listening and getting into stuff. May add more history later.
Up For Love: Yes, though she kind of has to be.
Other: Will be part of the next leading pair of the clan/tribe.
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:58 pm
RedBird says...

If I would like to be an Uniltìranyu, should I submit a human or Na'vi profile? I'm submitting a Na'vi, but I can change it.

Name: Nick Jonston, called Riti (after the stingbat) by the Na'vi, due to his sarcastic nature.
Rank: Soon to become a hunter, and one of the People. He is just now being accepted into Na'vi society.
Appearance:
Spoiler! :
avatar.jpg (36.66 KiB) Viewed 493 times

Personality: His Na'vi body is very strong, and he is very agile. He is loyal to his friends, and will protect them with his life. This goes for his new home as well, Pandora. However, he has a very sarcastic personality, and this gets him in to trouble with the Clan Leader a lot. He is also accurate with bow and arrows, like all Na'vi hunters.
Banshee:
Spoiler! :
My_Ikran_by_ShinigamiSquirrel.jpg
My_Ikran_by_ShinigamiSquirrel.jpg (49.92 KiB) Viewed 493 times
Her name is Nari, for her superb eyesight.
History: He was always opposed to what the Humans were doing to the Na'vi, and managed to get a mobile link away from the Hell's Gate compound. He set it up deep in the jungle underneath the Hallelujah Mountains, and lived there for several years, before being found by a Na'vi hunting party. They took him to their camp, and slowly grew to trust him. He will soon become one of the People.
Up For Love: Yup.
Other: His human body is very weak from spending so much time in the link.
Last edited by RedBird on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:24 am
eldEr says...

Name: Tsanten
Appearance: He is 10'2''. He keeps his hair cut short. (Except where his queue is of course) He is always standing straight and his eyes are always distant-looking.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Tsanten is usually calm and sure of himself. He does have a temper, though he does his best to control it, that can occasionally get out of hand. He is incredibly protective over the ones he loves, and won't leave their sides if they need him. He is, however, rather outgoing and loves attention.
He's an incredible warrior and lives to train fight. He enjoys being the center of attention, especially when he's flaunting his skills with weapons and combat.
He's extremely stubborn and would much rather give orders than follow them, which can get him into trouble. If he deems an order 'useless' he will not follow it. He also has a tendancy to completely zone out and miss everything that's being said. He is often too embaressed to ask, hence screwing it up.

Banshee:
Spoiler! :

History: (will fill this in later)

Up For Love: Yessiree

Other: He fiddles with anything within arms' reach if he gets nervous.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:55 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Redbird; if he's human with an avatar, use the human profile and add in "Banshee" if he has one.

Isha, your pic isn't showing up.

Okay. No more Na'vi. All those spots are claimed. We need humans now. (And if you do want a Na'vi, PM me or Em and we'll see. It also has to be male. We have too many females.... Or you can claim Ahtsan, the Clan Leader or Sha'tira, the Spiritual Leader. Permission is needed for these two, so PM either me or Em before claiming either one.)

Check the DT for the starting date. Link to DT is at the bottom of the main post.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:17 am
RedBird says...

M'kay, I changed my profile!
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

66 Reviews

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:36 pm
SisterItaly says...

WHEN ARE WE STARTINGGGG!??
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:43 am
ScarlettFire says...

We need more humans...

Oh, and we'll be starting tomorrow. If everyone is here and ready....

66 Reviews

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:20 am
SisterItaly says...

WOOT! YES!

The Book.

66 Reviews

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:12 am
SisterItaly says...

Scar let me have the first post. *Is spaz attack happy*
Tilor

I pranced through the trees, it was nice to just... get out some times. I followed a little fan lizard as it crawled along a branch, it's little eyes watching for any predators. I swung my hand above it and breathed a small, suppressed laugh as it unfurled and flew through the air, in a wonderful display of color.

I saw a viperwolf plop down nearby with her pups, and climbed the nearest tree. It was amazing how all the animals could return to their normal lives, after all they had been through with the sky people. I shuddered at the thought and returned to watching the wolf pups wrestle each other around, I couldn't help but laugh. Their little floppy ears bounced as they chased each other in circles.

I heard something move below, and twisted my body to see who it was. Instead, I fell from the tree and landed on my bottom. Very graceful Ti, very graceful.
"Are you okay?" asked someone.
I looked up and laughed, classic Tilor move, fall down and laugh.

*could be anyone*

The Book.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:22 am
ScarlettFire says...

Naria:

"Are you okay?" I asked and she looked up. And then she laughed. I frowned at her. "Tilor?"

Sighing, I swung down from the low branch I sat on. She was still laughing when I landed next to her.

"Tilor, are you okay?" She didn't answer, so I held out my hand. "Tilor, my friend. Are you done?"

She chuckled and let me pull her to her feet. Nodding, I turned to climb back up onto my branch but fell down instead. I laughed.

((Woot. Go Em! XD Hehe, short but sweet. *pokes Em* Also, people. If you have claimed a place, get those profiles in!))

If you want something badly, you just gotta believe it's gonna work out.
— Andy, Parks & Rec