Assasinations

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:49 pm
Kaywiia says...

Jessica

Date: October 9th, 2010
Time: 9:32

I wasn't an optimistic person, I never had been. But I never looked as things as a failure, unless you got killed. It was a learning experience. End of story, time to forget about it. I took out my journal, and wrote down the nights events in Italian. I would have wrote in chinese, but I needed a mood lifter, and Italian always did that for me. My family was Greek in heritage, with some Russian, but I had always favored Italian things. It had driven my parents crazy, because they had a lot of pride in their heritage. Well, too bad. I couldn't control what I liked.

Date: October 10
Time: 9:59 PM

I walked over to Tashi, and nodded a greeting.

"Again, we are the first two here," she chuckled.

"I would have been the first, if not for you," I said sharply. She kept quiet, smart girl. I had a feeling we would get along, as long as she stayed quiet. Those were the types of people I got along with, the type of girl my father had raised me to be.

Head up, shoulders back, let your mouth be silent, let your actions be loud, eliminate enemies, keep your friends close....

The words had been drilled into me since I was very young. They had made me who I was, and who I would always be. Whether I liked it or not.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:11 pm
Tenyo says...

Hunt Rules are Here: post764150.html#p764150
First person to find it gets it.

Announcement: Bounty Hunt

Target name: Jessie

Target information: Jessie is tall and thin, with black hair. She has the ability to sense the feelings and emotions of those around her.

Crime: Jessie is a new graduate who never turned up to her first mission. Our concern is that she has abused the purpose of the assasin training, and set off on a quest of her own.

Additional Notes:
We all know how much Alpha Dog hates wasting time training runnaway recruits. He asks that this one be dealt with swifty.
We were born to be amazing.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:32 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Tashi Ivanov

Time: 10:03

I sighed. "Miss Jessica? Since the rest of our team appears to have gone missing, I believe I will take a short walk."

I do not wait for approval, but simply walk off. I saw the bounty this morning- it's mine. I happened to have spotted her on my way, and thought she was familiar, but I dismissed it. But now? Now I will prove myself.

I see her first checking her watch anxiously, sitting with a briefcase and inspector's coat. I cover my scoff-laugh with a healthy cough. I take a seat next to her, subtly pulling a syringe from one of my pockets.

"Jessie?" I disguise my voice. A Russian dressed oddly with ominous outlines underneath her pockets? She would know to leave. But now, there's barely a taint of Russian.

"Yes?" She turns to me, with round eyes and a cherry mouth. I smile sweetly and slip the syringe into her side. After every last drop of transparent liquid is in her system, I flip the syringe so it's parallel with my palm and stand. The girl's eyes are staring straight ahead, her cherry mouth open half an inch. I walk briskly back to where Jessica's standing, crushing the syringe into powder and brushing my hands on my pants.

I got the bounty, did I not?
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

560 Reviews

Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:26 pm
Tenyo says...

Lex

Date: October 10th 2010
Time: 10:20

Lex was getting nervous already.

'Where did you go?' He snapped unintentionally at Tashi.

'I had something to take care of,' she answered calmly.

'Oh,' Lex nodded, taking a moment to relax. 'Let me know next time, 'kay. I'm guessing Jaegar isn't turning up, so we're gonna go ahead with the mission.'

'He's one we're better off without,' Nicole said. 'He's a hazard to us.'

'True,' Lex said, 'but we could use his... skills, on this mission.'

They started walking down the mainstreet and twisted off through some awkward roads and alleys until they got near the warehouse. Lex took one last glance at the team to make sure they were dressed right, and were showing nothing that would make them individually identifyable.

'Here's how it's going to work. Tashi, you're coming in from that entrance,' he pointed to the nearest one. 'Nicole, or is it Terra?'

'Nicole.'

'Nicole, make sure Terra knows to go to the one around that right corner. Zach, circle around the building, you're going to take the entrance by the dumpster.' He moved towards Jessica and spoke quietly. 'Your entrance is not far from Nicole's. If Terra doesn't come out to play in time, throw a rock at her right before I give the signal.'

Jessica nodded at the odd request.

'What are you doing?' Zach asked.

'I'm going through the roof.' He took another deep breath. 'Let's do it right this time. We need two witnesses. Ready?'

He took a deep sigh and disappeared into the shadows, leaving the others to find their own ways around.

He climbed up a pipe onto the roof and into one of the airvents. It was cramped, and through it he detected only what smelt like dust. When he got to the vent system he looked down at the warehouse. There were about thirty men in total, and by the looks of it, he was at least the equivelant of four storeys high. That'll give him a shock to the head if nothing else.

He kicked down one of the vent grids, which hit the ground with a loud clang, and dropped down. Down. Down. For a moment he wondered why he was still falling, then hit the ground with a heavy thud.

'What the...?' Someone gasped. Some of them looked up.

Lex climbed to his feet, trying to hide the mild dizziness of the shock to his head.

'Hello,' he smiled. He pulled out a black-painted water gun that had been loaded with pepper spray. 'I have a message.' At least the weapon looked good.

[Posts Remaining: Ten]

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:23 am
MilkNCookies says...

Still accepting?
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

49 Reviews

Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:45 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Name: Skyler Nyanyan (Sky)

Grade: C

Physical Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personal: She is a shy girl that follows orders. She picks one person, and clings to them, like it or not. She may be framed as a 'dumb blond', but each and every thing that she does is planned. She is up for a while at night just staring at a wall, plotting. She is quite soft in the inside and throws up every time she sees blood, but in private. She has a hard shell. She tends to panic if she has no time to think, but she thrives in planned fights and always wins. She's never seen a movie, and pretty much anything electronic.

Abilities: She can see others memories and extract them. she would never forget, but they original owner would. How this is helpful: She can extract the memories of people about their powers in the matter of seconds, making them unable to do magic.
Weakness: she can only remember a handful of others memories at a time, so she must record their info. the memories never return to their original owners.

Habits and quirks: She is always in a clean environment, and actually does better with litterbugs. She's quite new to the assassination thing, and since her father had a government position, is used to wanting to reverse crime, not commit. She doesn't have much experience with different foods, and doesn't have a fave yet. She does best with boys more than girls on her missions.

Up for love? Yes, but she is afraid of it. Her mother, who was an assassin, killed her father in his sleep. So yes, but only if you can convince her that she loves you.

Past experiences: killed her mom because her mom killed Sky's dad. Not before taking her memories, though. She saps on many people who trusts her, and they don't like her anymore because she will NEVER let go of her prey until she is done. in fact, she can't really even she her surroundings when she is stealing memories.
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:45 am
*coco says...

(Sorry this post is so long – Zach had a lot to do! Tenyo & Forsakenshadow - I hope this is okay. DragonWriterFanatic - I'm coming for you in my next post so be ready :) )

Zach

Time: 10:22 PM

I approached the entrance to the warehouse by the dumpster as Lex had instructed me to. Just before I stepped inside, I felt a buzz on my cell phone. Pulling it out from my pocket and flipping it open, I listened to the voice message.

This is a private message to Zach Grayson. At 10pm exactly, I announced a bounty hunt on a runaway assassin by the name of Jessie. Tashi was the first to respond to the bounty hunt and only a few short minutes ago, Jessie’s body was discovered outside Alwayslate train station. You have two missions. The first is to go back in time and save Jessie from the hit. Alpha Dog does not make a habit of giving people second chances but since Jessie has many talents that could be of use to the Guild, it seems that on this occasion, clemency will be shown. Your second mission is to retrieve a young girl by the name of Skyler. I have heard great things about her, and I feel that her skills will prove extremely useful to the Guild.

I quickly snapped the cell phone shut and peered in through one of the warehouse windows. It was half-boarded up but from the little that I could see through, my eyes managed to find my target, Collin Copillo. He appeared to be on his own, smoking a cigarette whilst playing a game of pool. I smiled inwardly.

I’d come for him later.

First, I had to deal with Jessie.

Closing my eyes, I began to run through the information that Alpha Dog had given me. The Bounty hunt was announced at 10pm and the hit was carried out a few minutes after that. Keeping my eyes closed, I concentrated hard, until I felt as though I was being suffocated, until I could no longer here the silence around the warehouse, but the sound of trains...

Time: 10:00 PM

From behind one of the benches, I discretely looked around. Jessica and Tashi were apparently the only ones that had turned up so far. I began to forward the scene until I saw Tashi get up from her seat. I looked down at my Rolex. It was 10:03.

"Miss Jessica? I heard her say. Since the rest of our team appears to have gone missing, I believe I will take a short walk."

This must be when she goes to take the hit. If I was going to save Jessie, I would have to do it before Tashi received the Bounty Hunt announcement. I decided to pause the scene there, and closed my eyes again, feeling the familiar sensation of being strangled...

Time: 10:01

I was outside an upscale bar. From the window I could easily see Jessie sat alone at one of the booths. I quickly removed my trench coat, and straightened my blazer and tie before heading inside.

“Reservations, sir?” asked the man at the reception desk.

“I’m with her...” I said, pointing over at Jessie.

The man smiled and allowed me to walk through. Without asking for Jessie's permission, I joined her at the booth. She shot a look up at me and went for her pistol, but I was already one step ahead of her.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” I said, slowly, my own gun already discretely pointed to her heart. “Now, I need you to listen to me very carefully. My name is Zach, from the Assassin’s Guild. In about three minutes time Alpha Dog will put out a hit on you and you will be killed by another Assassin.”

“What?” she seethed. “But why?”

“You didn’t show up for the first mission.”

“That's because I had something I needed to take care of!” she protested. It was only then, that I noticed the blood-streaks on her neck. Either she was hurt, or she had just carried out an assassination, herself.

“Regardless,” I continued. “Unless you want to die a slow and painful death, you’ll come with me...”
Last edited by *coco on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:52 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Tashi Ivanov

Time: 10:32

I hummed an old song and splayed my hand casually on the door behind me, draining some of the atoms and spreading them out. After a few seconds, I glanced over my shoulder. It was invisible now- no one could tell me or the entrance to the warehouse was here.

And I was mad.

Of course they'd assign me to the entrance that nothing happened at. Of course the Russian girl who was amongst the youngest of the group wouldn't be trusted to kill. Made sense, didn't it? So I shouldn't be mad, should I? Oh, forget that. There was someone coming.

I crossed one foot over the other and pressed my hand to the door more firmly. I willed myself more invisible, and the door followed that lead. The person stared straight at the door -straight at me- for about five seconds straight before turning on his heel and heading around the side.

I spoke quickly into the hidden mic. "Zach, one's coming your way, take care of it." I brushed off my messed up 'way'. He knew that I meant 'way' and not 'vay'. "Zach, did you hear me?" No answer. "Zach? Zach!"

Boy was going to be dead.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:18 am
*coco says...

(DragonWriterFanatic - I hope this is okay. I couldn't really think of anything else)

Zach

Date: October 10th, 2010
Time: 10:22 PM

I was back at the warehouse. After having brought Jessie back, she was now part of the team. The rest of the Guild was familiar with her, and she was familiar with them. It was as if she had never left.

Now, I had to retrieve the girl, Skyler Nyanyan. I looked her up in my Blackberry and found out that she was the daughter of a member of government. Interesting.

Closing me eyes again, I let the familiar sensation of being strangled take over me...

Date: October 10th, 2010
Time: 10:20 PM

I was outside an elegant manor house. By the number of well-dressed people walking around the gardens with drinks in their hands, I realised that Skyler's father was probably hosting a dinner-party.

I scanned the groups of people littered across the garden, looking for the frail blonde and soon spotted her sitting by herself on the veranda. It was hard for me to believe that someone so innocent-looking would attract the attention of Alpha Dog. Whatever powers she had, they must be extremely useful to the Guild.

Quickly checking my appearance, I began to walk towards her. Since there were other young men present that looked to be of my age, I easily blended in without suspicion. As I walked up the veranda decking, the girl looked up at me curiously.

"Did my father send you to me?" she asked, slightly annoyed. "If he did, you can just go back and tell him from me that I'm not interested."

I rubbed the side of my jaw as I sat down beside her. "Miss Nayanyan, I wasn't sent by your father."

She looked quite surprised at this.

"My name is Zach Grayson."

"Never heard of you," she said. "Are you the mayor's son?"

"No, I'm an assassin."

Her face suddenly drained itself of any colour. Before she could react verbally, I continued.

"I was sent here by my boss, you may know him, he's the leader of the Assassin's Guild."

Skyler's eyes opened wide in awe. "Y-y-you mean...Alpha Dog?"

"That's right," I nodded.

"B-but why? Why did he send you to me?" she asked, still stunned.

"Well, Alpha Dog is aware that you have extremely useful powers that will be of benefit to his organisation. He is also aware that, unknown to your father, you have been using said powers and working with several small-time mercenaries in and around the city."

"H-how did you know that?" her eyes quickly darted towards her father, who was currently entertaining one of his guests. "You won't tell him, will you?"

"Of course not," I assured her. "I've come to deliver a proposition and whether you wish to accept it or not, that is entirely up to you."

"What kind of proposition?" she asked, uncomfortable shifting in her seat.

A ghost a smile appeared across my face.

"Well..."
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:10 pm
Kaywiia says...

I'm so sorry about this, but because of my school work and some more persona reasons I am going to have to drop out. Just kill Jessica, I'm sure most of the crew would like a good shot at her.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:19 pm
SisterItaly says...

Edit: Forget I said anything!
Last edited by SisterItaly on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

49 Reviews

Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:28 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Sorry, meh too. School is harder this year than last. =( . SORRY!!!!! *cries*

~Dr.Seuss.

560 Reviews

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:03 pm
Tenyo says...

People are dropping out? That makes me feel really bad about saying that I'm also going to have to abandon this storybook. I'm not going to be on YWS much anymore. Feel free to carry on though. The link to the DT is in the first post.

I'm thinking, for the jobs, you can find random members of YWS to volunteer themselves to be bad guys and post their own announcements.

Again, I'm really sorry for having to dump this on you :( Thanks for the dedication so far.

In the winter months, gale storms in Svalbard can reach wind speeds of 130 km/h. Accompanied by or following snowfall, such storms can reduce visibility dramatically, more so in the winter months of the polar night. During these storms, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian