z

Young Writers Society

The Game (September 8th|Only 1 spot open)

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:45 am
Lethero says...

The Game

The Game: An online competition made up of twenty teams with five people each. For a single month you and your team plug yourself into the Reality Chambers and fight the other teams in various battles. They can be anything, from a modern shooter, or a sword fight; real, or fantasy; puzzle or combat. The team that wins gets a grand prize of $1,000,000 American per person.

Reality Chambers:

The Reality Chambers are cylindrical pools that are six feet in diameter and 10 feet deep. Inside the pool is a purple goo-like substance filled with micro-sensors. The micro-sensors are used to detect your displacement of the goo, which they will in turn depict how you move. A person is required to where a helmet that looks like a fighter pilots helmet that has a hose for air leading to the outside. Inside the helmet are sensors that project your thoughts into the game. Everyone will where a rubber suit inside the chambers in the color of your team. One person per chamber.

Plot:
This starts out as a normal competition, but when something goes wrong and everyone gets stuck in the machine, it turns into a battle of survival. Someone has hacked the game and set new rules: the losers die. To escape the machine, you must win the competition.

The Teams will be different animals. We can discuss what we want ours to be later. Each team has one captain (which will be me :P) and one second in command if the captain were to be eliminated in the competition (allmixedup will be this one)

Character bios:
Name:

Screen Name:

Real Appearance:

Gamer Appearance:

Skills: (Ex. Are you someone who gets up there and fights, or stays back and snipes or other. Try to keep up close, and distance equal.)

Personality:

History:

Other:

Rules:
1. Normal SB rules.
2. Swear as much as you want to, but if you get in trouble for using it too excessively, it's your own damn fault.
3. No sex scenes.
4. One character per person unless all ten spots are not filled. Then, I will ask people to fill them.
5. You are to defer to me or allmixedup in matters related to this SB.
6. I will decide the competitions, but you may offer suggestions.
7. If you wish to leave, let me know and your character will be killed or taken over by someone else.
8. 750 character minimum. No exceptions.
9. My word is final. You have a problem with it, get lost.

Hurry up, the Game begins September 8th.
Last edited by Lethero on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:46 am
SisterItaly says...

Character bios:
Name: Nicole Terra Mainville

Screen Name: Double_faced

Real Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Gamer Appearance: Her hair seems to be tinted slightly, and she seems to be a bit taller. Her hair is definitely longer and pulled back into a high ponytail.

Skills: Terra - Hand at hand is her best fighting tactic. Nicole - Sniper and distance

Personality: Nicole is a shy girl on the outside, couldn't and wouldn't hurt a fly. She is hard to get to know, and is often frightened by everything. She tries to fit in and be part of a group, because despite her timidness, she hates being alone. She doesn't like being poked, hugged, or touched in general, it irritates her. She's very self conscious. Nicole has a double personality, her other personality is a total biotch, and she cannot remember a thing that happens when she is on her second personality,all she knows is that it is her 'older' sister and it protects her. It calls itself by her middle name, Terra. Terra likes to start fights, and believes she is defending her little sister, Nicole. Nicole only returns when Terra is shocked, for example a slap, or cold water.

History: Her sister died right after she was born, her sister was three. She often over heard her parents talk about her sister, but never knew her, or that she was dead. Nicole was sick with an unknown disease. One day something went horribly wrong in a test, and Terra was born. After Terra started showing up, Nicole's parents started to pay less and less attention to her. Everywhere Nicole went her 'older sister' went. Terra protected Nicole. When Nicole got into video games, Terra appeared less and less. Until people started insulting her. Terra changed, and got into video games as well. Terra is the more aggressive version of Nicole.

Other:
Last edited by SisterItaly on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

169 Reviews

Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:16 am
Lethero says...

Name: Ashton Johnson

Screen Name: The_Wolf

Appearance: Ashton has an average build, six feet tall. with ear length brown hair, with blue eyes. Normally wears baggy game related images. Wears wire-rimmed rectangular glasses.
Spoiler! :

Gamer Appearance: His Gamer character is slightly more built, with long black hair tied into a ponytail. He is about half a foot taller and blue eyes. Clothes change with competition (same with everyone else).

Skills: Is a distance fighter, preferring to fight with sniper rifle, bow, or magic depending on the situation. In real life, he has been trained with a sword, is a competitive long distance marksmen, and an extensive reader. Was chosen as Captain for his skill and ability to read a situation and react, and to think on his feet if he needs to.

Personality: He usually thinks less of other people. He can be harsh when commanding his team, sometimes yelling and screaming at them to get their "ass in the game".

History: He has been a gamer since he could pick up the controller. Reached the top ten gamer in the world status at eighteen and made number one gamer at twenty. His job is a professional gamer, game tester, and part-time game designer. Came to the competition to test his skills against the best of the best. Has no reason to go for the money.

Other: None.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:58 am
Nutty says...

Character bios:
Name: Fiona Green

Screen Name: _Fyra_

Real Appearance:

Fiona is tall, and kind of boney, she forgets to eat while she is gaming. She wears her old faux-tortoiseshell glasses most of the time, only putting on her contacts when she can be bothered. She is usually dressed in jeans and various shirts with slogans on them. Her hair is short and dark.

Gamer Appearance:
Fyra, on the other hand, chooses to go with a different kind of avatar, just as tall but with bright red spiked hair, a more muscular frame (she needs it to pull off carrying weapons she couldn't lift in real life) and dark tattoos down one side of her face, in a tribal pattern. She looks a lot tougher and takes more care of her appearance in-game than outside of it.

Skills: Practically a barbarian. She always goes for the largest weapon and likes to fight up close and personal, slipping into blind rages in the heat of the battle. Make sure she's pointed in the right way.

Personality: Usually calm and collected (when not in battle) Fiona is well-read and well-spoken. When not in battle she is friendly enough, and has a wicked sense of humour, likely to play tricks and tell stories. Highly interested in folklaw and legends. When in battle she is unintelligable and scary.

History: Fiona is a fairly average gamer, always playing videogames in her spare time. She excels in roleplaying and real time strategy games, as well as being pretty good at first person shooters. She dispises arcade style fighters such as mortal kombat, claiming them a button-mashing waste of time; but in reality, they remind her of her tendancy to 'lose it' in battle, the button mashing no better than her blind rages.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

169 Reviews

Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:48 pm
Lethero says...

Due to the lack of people wishing to join, I am changing it from ten teams of ten people to twenty teams with five people. So if you would like a spot, hurry up, there is only two openings left.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:49 pm
sashadoes says...

placeholder!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:13 pm
sashadoes says...

Screen Name: Thief

Real Appearance: There's a pic somewhere...

Gamer Appearance: There's another pic somewhere...

Skills: (Ex. Are you someone who gets up there and fights, or stays back and snipes or other. Try to keep up close, and distance equal.) She's a born fighter, but tends to not use her brains. Her best weapon is herself. She's amazing at hand to hand combat, but not that good with a gun.

Personality: She's fearless as a fighter, but is afraid of commitment in most ways. When her mother was murdered, she completely closed up to the world around her. The only person she has is her one year old little brother, and he's being threatened. She's not exactly famous for thinking things over. She's completely instinctive and impulsive which could be the death of her.

History: When she was one her father left. She does not know where he is. When she was eleven, her mother was murdered by mysterious men, and she doesn't know why. Then, they convinced her to join the game by threatening to kill her brother if she didn't. And they take the money if she wins.

Other: Not much else.
Attachments
greenhairedgirl.jpg
greenhairedgirl.jpg (19.61 KiB) Viewed 226 times
l_10680d499b819f94dd4c10a5fb9792ac.jpg
l_10680d499b819f94dd4c10a5fb9792ac.jpg (52.8 KiB) Viewed 226 times

169 Reviews

Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:15 pm
Lethero says...

Sorry, I have not been able to start this. My home computer's internet went down so I haven't been able to get on. Once I get my school laptop, (which should be in a week or less if things go right) I will start it.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything
— Plato