z

Young Writers Society

Spirit Academy

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:40 am
PhoenixBishop says...

The Beginning.

Milton Academy was founded in 1979 by Thomas Milton. The purpose of the academy was to educate people with “The Sight” the term referring to those that can see ghosts and have a connection to the spirit world. The school was shut down in 1991 when Dr. Milton’s wife died. In his quest to bring her back to life, body and all. Milton started to use his students as test subjects as he dabbled into the forbidden Necromancy. All forms of spiritual abilities were taught at Milton Academy except for this one. When kids started vanishing the teachers organized and to stop him. By this time he was too powerful and had influenced many students to join his side. The battle was long but eventually the teachers and the non turned students managed to beat back Milton’s forces and force him to flee. The school was closed and Dr. Milton was never heard from again…

Present.

Samantha Prescott was a student at Milton Academy when the battle broke out. Now that she is an adult she decides to reopen Milton Academy and has changed the name to Spirit Academy. All those with the ability to see ghosts are brought here to further hone their abilities.

At some point Milton will make an appearance as the main antagonist. He along with Samantha will be NPC characters. Use of them will be available in the DT shop. For important events they will be designated. Profiles of them can be seen in the DT.

“The Sight”

Manifests at an early age as merrily being able to see ghosts. This is often misconstrued as having an imaginary friend. If they are not made aware of their powers by roughly the age of 7 they’re abilities will vanish altogether. That is why enrollment starts at the age of 5. From ages 5 to 13 students are taught the basics. How to communicate with a ghost. How to sense ghosts and various other basic techniques. By the age of 14 those with the sight must choose their path. From this point on their classes will become very specific aiming towards a certain job placement.
You will be entering as freshmen preparing to choose their path.

Jobs

Mediums- These individuals have the closest connection to the deceased. They can not only see ghosts, but channel them into their body thus increasing their strength and knowledge.

Shamans- Have a connection to spirits of the earth. Plants and animals. All shamans gain a power animal. A spirit of a animal or plant that can help them do deeds impossible for a regular human. Such as heal or dream walk.

Witches- Bind sprits to their will. Using rituals these people bind spirits depending on their power level to do their bidding. This includes element spirits which would allow for elemental control. A regular sprit however can be used to curse someone.

Psychic – Able to connect the spirit world mentaly, thus seeing the worlds past present and future.

Empaths- Able to connect to living spirits. These individuals can read minds, auras or emotions. Some have even been able to control these aspects of a person.

Rules

About powers- I want this to be as story book about dedication and development. Thus everyone will start off for the most part the same. Sensory abilities can vary, but other than that you are all the same. How do you become a powerful Shaman or whatever? Post. For every post you gain a point, which you can use in the DT shop. The DT shop will be a compiled list of powers, skills and weapons. Items in shop will vary from 1 to 10. (points list is subject to change) If there is a skill that you want that is not listed, pm with a request. If I accept it I will add it to the list for you to buy. After five pages a year of school will have passed. Making it to your next year gets you ten more points. I will keep a tally of points.

About age- You will be starting out as a freshmen. Being as that the school was closed and provided your character had no advanced training they can be over the age of 14.

Posts-

All posts must be 300 words or more and must not be fluff. If either of these rules are broken the post will be ignored and no points will be awarded. Posts exceeding that word count of 300 will receive a extra point for every 300 more words.

God Mod-

This includes killing or hurting another character without permission. I will allow dialogue to be controlled and movements but that is it. If you feel that your character is not represented correctly pm the user.

DT:

The DT will house your profiles. All requests, questions, debates will be asked here and not in the main SB. The shop will be here as well along with your points listed. Post what you want from the shop in DT and I will make the transaction. The new skill or ability can be added to your profile at this point.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post756930.html#p756930

Keeping it rated. I will put the highest rating on this. This means cursing and violence is allowed to the extreme if you so wish, but not sex. You can mention that they have but no scenes. They’re fourteen anyways so no allusion sex until they at least 16.

Code: Select all
]Name
Description (Words)
peace
Description (Picture. No Emo pictures, or cartoons)
Personality (strengths/weakness/likes/dislikes)
History (This would include training before the academy. This is the first year it has been reopened. This means that your character had to have training before they came to school or they would have lost the ability.)
Powers( As of now this is only sensing abilities. Being able to see, hear, smell ghosts along with others.
Field of study: (Job lists)
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:06 am
Ray112 says...

this looks cool, i may join. xD
"Insert life changing statement"

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:47 pm
Ray112 says...

Comeon! really? this seems like a good idea. I wanna try it. there should be more people.
"Insert life changing statement"

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:19 pm
ScarlettFire says...

They are/were more people. Check the DT.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:50 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Paris| Spirit Academy entrance| 1:20

Paris gazed at the dreary looking Victorian style mansion. The sun’s rays touched the schools front of making the many windows glitter like diamonds embedded in the dismal surface of grays and blacks that made up the building. Large silver gates separated him and the very place he dreaded. He wished they would stay tightly shut and not allow him entrance into Spirit Academy, which had so rightly nicknamed, School of the freaks. That’s what he was, a freak and there wasn’t anything he could do about it. The fact that he was doomed to see ghosts for the rest of his life didn’t make him eager to meet others like him.

He looked up at the blue sky dotted with puffy, little clouds that mocked him. The contrast between the beautiful day and the wanna be Haunted Mansion was enough to make him puke.

The silver gates swung open with no notable cause other than a light cool breeze the ruffled his already untidy hair. He looked back at his parents, who were sitting in their car blatantly ignoring their child distress with smiles and waves.

With a sigh, he made his way up the driveway with his rolling suitcase dragging behind him and a small duffle bag draped over his shoulder. It was light since it carried his clothes. The school provided uniforms. Casual days were a rarity. However, his suitcase was very important. The beat up old traveling case housed his most precious belongings. The path to the building was shaded by the crisscrossing shadows of the tall oak trees that lined the sides. Paris was almost impressed, until he remembered where he was headed.

He climbed up the stone steps and moved to knock on the door, but again it simply opened with no apparent source. This time however he saw a grey iridescent figure out of the corner of his eyes as he entered. When he looked over it was gone. He rolled his eyes. This place was probably swarming with ghosts.

They were all the same, self-centered and always moaning about their “unfinished business.” He didn’t have time to worry about the excess of ghosts at the moment. He needed to find his room He memorized the number from his acceptance letter, room 204 was where he was going to be living for the next few months. A number didn’t help much if he had no clue where the boy’s dorms were. He had a map, but it was tucked away in his suitcase somewhere. While he debated whether or not to take the map out, a ghost materialized in front of him. When he was younger a random ghost appearing would have freaked him out, but now it was a mere annoyance. The robust lady that hovered before him was dressed in a maids outfit. A ghastly light resonated from her sucking out all the color she may have had in life. Her figure kept distorting like old-fashioned black and white TV on the fritz.

“I’ll take those. All students are to report to the courtyard for orientation.” She reached for his suitcase, but he yanked away from her. The ghost struggled to take it from him, but the effort seemed to be too much.

Ghosts could take hold of objects if they had the discipline, but not for very long and definitely not if a living person was fighting them for it. The case slipped through her fingers, the sudden lack of resistance surprised Paris and the case clattered to the floor expelling its contents, thanks to a loose zipper. Books, pencils, and various other items littered the floor. He glared up at the ghost. She shrugged and dissipated like fog.

Paris got on his hands and knees and picked up what he could reach, tossing it back into his suitcase.

Yes, already his time at Spirit Academy was shaping up to be exactly as he imagined it. Miserable.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:05 am
iceprincess says...

Ignacio | Spirit Academy | 1:23

And so, another life begins, Ignacio thought as he stepped out of his principal's --- no, former principal, he corrected himself --- car and into the sunlight. Without another word, the man shut the door, holding a hand up in farewell, and he merely looked on as the sleek black car disappeared over the hill, leaving him alone with his messenger bag and the suitcase that held all his possessions, in front of the silver gates that were the entrance to his new home. He knew that this would probably be the last time he would ever see the wise man in his entire life, yet he wasn't sad about it. It's just another goodbye; nothing new.

A cool autumn breeze blew through the oak trees that were all over the place, ruffling his hair as he slipped into the small path to the school. He watched his shadow mingle with the trees', nearly tripping over his own Converses and he would have cursed out loud if he was not already in front of the open door. He stepped inside, the door closing behind him.

The lazy afternoon sunlight streamed through the many glass windows and into the the vast wooden hallway, illuminating his way. He looked around and shrugged to himself. No ghosts yet. But there was a boy that was hurriedly stuffing something into a suitcase (his, no doubt) and so he walked over to see if he could help.

He tapped the boy on his shoulder. "What?" the brown haired boy snapped, still picking things up. Ignacio hesitated for a bit. Someone's sure in a bad mood today. "Would you like some help?" he asked. The boy turned around, eyes widening in surprise and stared at Ignacio like he was some kind of ghost. "Thank you," he said stiffly, and Ignacio and the boy picked up the rest of the stuff in silence.

When they were done, they stood up and he wiped his hands on his jeans. "I'm Ignacio," he said while holding his hand out. "Do you know where we should go?" The boy hesitated, and shook his hand. "Paris. And some ghost said we should go to the courtyard for orientation, but I don't know where it is." Ignacio opened his messenger bag and pulled out a neat copy of the map of the academy. The two boys peered at the map, thinking and figuring out where exactly the courtyard was. "We should probably go that way," Paris finally said, and the duo walked down the bright hallway.

"So, what room are you going to live in?" Ignacio asked, sweeping his fringe aside from his eyes. "I'm in room 203." Paris shrugged and trudged on. "I'm in the room next to you." he said curtly, ending their conversation.

They did not speak again until they reached the end of the hallway. Two large tinted glass doors swung open to let them into the courtyard, where a bunch of other kids their age were waiting. Paris heaved a sigh and pulled his suitcase over. "Come on, " he said, and Ignacio silently followed his lead, lugging his own suitcase behind him.
Last edited by iceprincess on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you'll never find another sweet little girl with sequined sea foam eyes
ocean lapping voice, smile coy as the brightest quiet span of sky
and you're all alone again tonight; not again, not again, not again.
and don't it feel alright, and don't it feel so nice? lovely.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:02 pm
Theodorable says...

Alexa | Spirit Academy | 1:30

Alexa closed the door to the car and looked ahead of her. The large sliver gates stood imposing; she gulped and gripped the handle on her suitcase tighter. She took a step forward and the gates swung open. Oh, great. Theatrics and everything.

She continued walking towards the front door, and stopped when she saw something move in front of her. She froze in place, letting her hair cover her eyes just in case it was a ghost. But then, she remembered Mr. Collins’ training. She took a deep breath and pushed her hair back behind her ear. Once she had enough courage, she looked up and straight into the eyes of a ghost.

“Holy shit!” Alexa jumped, caught off guard that the ghost was so close.

“Don’t worry,” said the ghost. “I’m here to take your things. All students are to report to the courtyard for orientation."

“Okay…” Alexa didn’t know if she wanted to hand over her things. She knew how to control her fear to an extent, but Mr. Collins hadn’t known much about ghosts.

The ghost held out her hands expectantly, and after Alexa looked into her eyes again, she passed her suitcase over to her.

“Thank you. Now you may proceed to the courtyard.” The ghost disappeared, along with her suitcase.

Alexa sighed; she had a long way to go. She pulled the campus map from her pocket and looked to see where the courtyard was. After figuring out where she was she headed inside and meandered down the hallways.

She eventually found the door that lead outside and was surprised to see so many others. And they’re all like me…

She descended the stairs and was swallowed by the crowed. She made her way to the fringes and leaned against a wall near the back. Taking up her favorite past time, she started to watch them. How they acted around each other and to the ghosts that she could see every once in awhile. She steadied her breathing and just observed.

Words: 345
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:30 am
Light_Devil! says...

Amor | Spirit Academy | 1:31pm

Amor skipped, literally, along the hall taking in the scenery. Dull, he thought blankly as he realised he was alone, after a rather strong-spirited (pun intended, he thought, as he smiled to himself) ghost had convinced him to take his luggage. Immediately, almost as if answering his very thoughts, which they might as well be able to do since they were attending Spirit Academy as well, others appeared in front of him (though it was most likely he appeared in front of them as his door of entry was meant for ghosts only...). At first Amor wasn't quite sure whether one of the people was a boy or a girl.

The... person's blue eyes reminded Amor of the time he had visited the Snowy Mountains in Australia, little cobalt flecks in them seemed like snowflakes. S/he was in all ways.... beautiful. S/he had the darkest hair he had ever seen and (typical, Amor thought, with a mental roll of his eyes) skinnies, converses and had a My Chemical Romance bag draped over his/her arm.

Amor sighed, disappointed with his quick glance at the boy, his gaze roamed haphazardly around the room at the other people and then they paused on someone else. His chocolate brown eyes sparkled with curiosity and he dully commented to the 'emo', "You're trying too hard. You're obviously boring. I'm going to go annoy that girl standing by herself against the wall. Cheerio, try-hard."

Then he flashed his brightest smile, though still managing to appear average, and all but sprinted over to the girl. The girl had longish brown hair with gray eyes. Amor took an instant liking to her. More than meets the eye here, he grinned to himself as he bowed to her.

"I'm Amor, pleased to make your acquaintance....?" he said, taking her hand in his and bringing it forward to kiss it.

"Alexa... It's, uhh, nice to meet you too," she replied, almost skeptically.

"Charmed, I'm sure," he laughed to himself, "You are perhaps the most interesting people I have met here so far. Of course, you're only the 2nd person I've met, but I hardly expect your rank of number 1 to go down any. Unless of course we hit inflation or a global finacial crisis. In which case, I'd hardly be expected to keep rankings from a place which would be shut down in that scenario."

Amor looked over to the 'emo' who was finally through his shock enough to look a little out-raged. Amor smiled and waved him over, "Hey, try-hard! Come meet my friend - Alexa."

The 'emo' didn't appear to be coming over anytime soon, so Amor grabbed Alexa by the wrist. Amor giggled, "If he won't come to us. We'll come to him!"

Alexa attempted to struggle out of his grasp, but Amor has a pretty good grip. Besides, Amor seemed harmless enough. Amor pointed to his new friend, "Alexa, this is Try-hard. Try-hard, this is Alexa."

Both seemed somewhat lost on what to do.
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:17 pm
iceprincess says...

Ignacio | the Courtyard | 1:35 PM

Ignacio had met a lot of quirky people (well, ghosts) before, but he had never encountered a weirder person than that guy (who just called him a try-hard!) all of his fifteen years.

"Alexa, this is Try-hard. Try-hard, this is Alexa." the guy said, still tugging the poor brown-haired girl along with him.

No-one replied.

"Aw, come on people! Don't be so boring, it's not good for your blood pressure," the average looking guy lightly scolded them both and folded his arms.

The girl --- Alexa, he remembered --- had grey eyes that were partially covered by her long brown hair. Not bad, he thought to himself. Probably just a goody-two-shoes.

Then he realised that they were both blatantly starting at each other. Alexa flushed but continued staring, her head held high. "Will you two please get a room?" the boy said, "I do not want to see happy lovebirds so early in the year --- they're not yet in season," he explained.

Ignacio stopped himself from rolling his eyes, and decided to ignore the shorter boy. "I'm Ignacio, Ignacio Derwent," he said, slightly tipping his head.

The girl briskly held a hand out. "Alexa Donovan." They shook hands.

The guy grinned. "Perfect! Oh, and Ig, did you know that the third bishop of Antioch --- who was named Ignacio, by the way --- was thrown to wild beasts by the emperor Trajan? And Ignacio Anaya was the inventor of nachos. Which are pretty good, so kudos to you, Ig."

"Really?" Ignacio couldn't stop himself from asking (this was something he actually didn’t know!), but immediately regretted it.

“Yeah!” the guy nodded. “So you’re not such a try-hard after all, Ig. But what’s with the earrings? And the emo clothes?

“What do you think, Alexa?” he suddenly said, whipping his head to look at her. “Is Ig just an emo or something more?”

Alexa hesitated. “Something more, I guess.”

The boy whooped. “You’re getting more and more interesting by the second, Ig! What room are you in?”

Ignacio suddenly had an urge to pray, to beg the guy upstairs that he wasn’t doomed to spend the rest of his school life with the boy. “Room 203.”

The boy punched his shoulder and let out a huge laugh. “Then I guess I’ll be seeing you more often then, Ig, ‘cause we’re in the same room!”

Oh Gordon Bennett, how could this happen to me.

“I wonder who’s living with us,” he continued, “probably the guy over there,” he pointed over to where Paris was standing all on his own.

At that particular moment, Ignacio wanted nothing more than to wring the little prat’s neck. Must keep cool, he chanted in his head. “Nope; he lives in room 202 or room 204.”

“Really?” the guy perked up. “How did you know?”

Damn. Now I’ve got his full and undivided attention. “We talked for a bit on our way to the courtyard.”

“What’s his name, then? He looks boring though.”

He literally facepalmed. “Paris. And he isn’t.”

How in the world can I still not know his name? Ignacio thought to himself exasperatedly.
you'll never find another sweet little girl with sequined sea foam eyes
ocean lapping voice, smile coy as the brightest quiet span of sky
and you're all alone again tonight; not again, not again, not again.
and don't it feel alright, and don't it feel so nice? lovely.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:49 pm
Theodorable says...

Alexa | Spirit Academy | 1:40

Alexa was completely confused with what was going on. A guy had dragged her off of the wall to a guy that had dark hair, and an all over emo look. But there was something about him that had her staring.

Ignacio, interesting. Alexa was not sure what she thought of him or the guy that had dragged her over here.
Alexa looked up when she saw Ignacio face-palmed himself.

“Paris. And he isn’t.”

Alexa glanced in the direction that they were looking. She saw a guy still holding his luggage. She looked at Ignacio and what-ever-his-name-is and then strode over to the guy.

“Hi.” She put her hands behind her back, and the guy just ignored her. She cleared her throat, still nothing.

“Hello, I’m Alexa.” She stuck her hand in front of him, so he couldn’t ignore her anymore.

He glanced at her hand and then after a second took hold and shook it. “Paris.”

“Not much of a talker, are you?” Alexa pushed her hair away from her face, trying to get a better look at him.

“Not when I don’t know you.” Paris readjusted his duffel bag on his shoulder.

“You know there was a ghost at the gates that was supposed to take your bags, right?” Alexa chuckled a little.

“Yes, but I’d rather keep my things with me,” he mumbled.

“Okay, whatever you want is fine.” Alexa put both hands up in surrender.

Paris hadn’t really looked her in the face yet; she smiled at him and then turned back to Ignacio and the other guy. “Hey! Come say hi to Paris!”

Ignacio looked grateful for a way to talk to other people. He quickly made his way over to them. “Hello again.”

Paris nodded to him.

“Hey! How’s it going Paris?” The other guy came up from behind Ignacio and clapped Paris on the shoulder. Paris’ duffel bag landed on the ground with a thud. He gave the guy a look then said a curt “hi.”

Alexa looked over at him, “So, you’ve managed to find out all of our names, but what about yours?”
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

73 Reviews

Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:30 am
Light_Devil! says...

Amor | Spirit Academy | 1:42

Blatantly ignoring her, Amor turned his attention to Paris who didn't look all too happy, "Why are you so depressed? You're surrounded by happy people here. Well, I'm happy mostly... I don't know about Lexy, but Iggy here is not really happy. I think I insulted him by calling him Try-hard. And you know I almost thought he was a girl! But it's obvious by the way the two off-season lovebirds were looking at each other, he is definitely a guy."

"Oh, yeah, Iggy, Lexy, it's such a coincidence that this guys name is Eiffel Tower, I'm calling you Belle, by the way, because my name actually comes from the Latin sub-group which the language of France actually stems from. Yes, my name is Latin. Can you believe that? Latin was so interesting, I've been trying to learn it lately, but it's a dead language apparently," Somehow Amor had managed to grab onto Paris' arm and was not letting go.

Alexa smiled apologetically at Paris and Amor smiled too, caught up in the energy, "Lexy, what's this? I thought love-birds mated for life! Hmm, maybe you're more of a praying mantis then? Iggy! Come over here, you're going to be eaten alive and I want to watch!"

Ignacious had the decency to blush, his pale cheeks basically lighting a'fire, but he made his way over nonetheless, "You still haven't told us your name."

"Well, I'm Love," he giggled a bit, at what was possible an inside joke, but then his smile dropped and anger momentarily rippled over his face, "Seriously. My name is Love in Latin. I am Amor," as sudden as it came his anger was gone.

He smiled lewdly at Paris and drew Paris's hand his lips, "And I am glad to be in such a diverse place full of wonderfully interesting people," Amor kissed his hand and then sprang away, yelling back over his shoulder, "I don't care that you're a guy. You're still interesting."

He doubled back for a second and looked each one in the eyes, his own sparkling with mischief, as he grinned at what he was going to say, "And you're all liable to make me Love. Hehe."

This is going to be fun! he thought as he glanced around at the shocked trio. A smile curled at his lips, Fun, indeed. His fickle attention was drawn to the ghost of a butterfly at the other side of the room and he instantly began to follow it, intrigued. Usually animals weren't all that interested in staying on this plane of existance. Unless it wasn't really an animal at all...

Amor rubbed at his hands and then glanced at the others. He threw a hand forward to point at the butterfly and screamed, "All for one!"

He didn't even pause to check if anyone followed.
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:23 am
Apple says...

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to bring myself in. Could someone do it for me, please. :D
I spy!

73 Reviews

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:08 am
Light_Devil! says...

Spoiler! :
... You could follow Amor. I mean that's why he's there. :P
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Apple says...

Dante:

"And one for all," I muttered, getting a few stares.

I chased after Amor. I didn't know where he was going, but I sure as hell hoped it was far away from the school. He sure was weird one, though. Being Love and all. I snickered. When I finally managed to get into the school everyone had left the dorms. My roommate left no sign of even entering the room, which kind of made me wander if I did have one.

This Amor guy seemed like fun! In fact, they all did. Would they turn me away like my family had? They hadn't even noticed me standing next to them. Either that or they thought I was weird and better to be ignored. I stopped dead in my tracks and watched the butterfly. It flipped across the sky, its antennas quivering.

"Wait," I called out to him. I had seen one of these things before. It would sit on my Grandfather's fingers in the graveyard, one indentical to it. I frowned, what was it doing here? Amor stopped and looked over his shoulder.

"What?"
I spy!

73 Reviews

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:26 am
Light_Devil! says...

Amor | Spirit Academy | 1:46

Amor wanted to whine as he turned, "Wh-a-aat?"

The person who had followed him was girl, about fourteen. Amor took her appearance in. Light brown hair and tan skin she almost looked as normal as Amor did. He bowed deeply and grinned, looking up through his eyelashes, "You must have hidden depths. No one can look like that and not."

"I'm Amor, though you can call me your darling," he muttered as he pulled her hand to his mouth and lightly pecked at it.

"Anyway, we have to catch that butterfly. There's something weird about it... and I don't know what it is. Come on!"

As he span around he realised the butterfly was missing and had disappated out of sight. Amor swore nastily with his back facing the girl, but then when he turned back around he was smiling, "And you are?"

"Dante," she replied, her head somewhat lost inside her hoodie.

Amor smiled cheesily at her, "I would've said good morning, well, afternoon, earlier, but your interesting looks were hidden by that swamping prison you have situated around your head. Plus you didn't even bother to interrupt us, I mean who's so rude that they would do that?!"

Amor rolled his eyes, not even allowing her a moment of speech, "Well, we need to get back. I'll investigate that butterfly later on. It shouldn't really be here, but I'd so like to know why. Excellent. Let's get back before we miss the praying mantis devourment. Oooh, I can't wait."

He latched onto her arm and began to drag her. She looked back at where the butterfly had once been, gazing at the spot, but then smiled and ran off with Amor. Amor hid a grin, I knew this was going to be fun. But the people I keep meeting just keep on getting more interesting.

Amor laughed, "Race you!"

Danta nodded, "Sure!"

"Ready, set, go!" They both screamed.

Dante burst forward, not even glancing back to make sure she wouldn't be destracted. Amor didn't budge. The butterfly had popped into existance a few centremetres from his face and he was instantly taking by it. It began to flutter by and Amor ran off after it. By the time Dante looked back he was no where in sight and she was back with the others.

Amor blindly followed the butterfly and he smiled when it landed, "Just what are you doing here?"

The butterly turned to him and its eyes shimmered, "I do not know whether I am a man dreaming I am a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man."

Amor smiled, "That's a famous line you know. You can't go around stealing such old people's lines like that. What are you doing here, by the way? And in a butterfly form?"

"I was once a man. However, maybe that just a dream of a butterfly. I'm not meant to be here... I'm meant to be forever in my eternal dream of a man and a butterfly." The butterfly hovered by his hand and landed on his nose.

Amor giggled slightly, "You're making as much sense as a Spaghetti Monster God! Come now. I'd like to get to know you better," he reached out his hand for the butterfly to land on, "Here. I'll take good care of you."

"This is no dream. I am not meant to be here. I thought my dream was my final rest and-" the butterfly couldn't continue as it was snatched up by the hand of another teenager. He had strong features, striking blue eyes and short cropped brown hair.

He glared at Amor, "Whatever this little thing has been telling you is a lie. Don't listen to him."

Amor smiled politely, "I don't think you have a right to tell me what's true or not," he face drew into a snarl, "Besides truth is only a perspective and I'll take take things as I want to see them," and then he was smiling pleasantly again, "Mr. Quote was telling me something. Could you please let him go?"

The guy's glare was calm, "Nope. I don't feel like it. Now go along and leave me alone."

Amor grinned, "I don't like you, but you're interesting, so maybe I do like you. And I can tell you have a secret. I think I know it... but you'll never find out unless I spill the beans, huh? You wouldn't like that would you?"

Amor giggled a little, "You may be the most interesting toy I have yet. Hehe. I can't wait to play with you some more, but I have other interesting people. Who may be be prone to digging secrets out of me about you. Hehe. See ya. I'm Amor by the way. Love to you."

As the guy made a move to stop him, Amor disappeared down one of the ghost hallways and was gone. So fun! I'm glad I came, Amor thought to himself as he arrived behind his four new friends, taking them by surprise.

Spoiler! :
By the way Amor is going to keep his mouth shut about this secret, unless I specifically post otherwise. :P
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451