z

Young Writers Society

Chaotic Waters

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:25 pm
eldEr says...

Jade

I forced a smile at the old mermaid, trying to be as polite as possible. On the inside, I was screaming at her to stop asking me pointless questions before I snapped her in half. As much as I would have loved to do that, she was paying me three gold coins to deliver a message to the dolphin ranch on the edge of the city.

Quite frankly, I was much in need of that money. Desperate need of it. My mother was busy working three different low-paying jobs as it was, I needed to do what I could to help out. That and my journal was getting full.

"Now scat! No dawdling Jade! Go, go!" she snapped, waving her arms.

I sighed and swam in the opposite direction without another word. Persnickity old ladies were particularly annoying things, especially the ones of high-society who used chemicals to keep their tails from dulling with age.

Well, while I was at the ranch, I might as well go see if Filiker was there. Bright side number one. Possibly, depending on how socialable I felt by the time I got there.

Six in the morning...maybe a nice swim around the city would be a better idea than attempting to socialize. Then again, my mother was constantly telling me about how badly I needed to get out with mermaids my own age more. Fine. I would go see if Filiker was up and working yet.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:08 pm
Pernicious says...

Vulcan

Throughout the murky waters swam a vague, turquoise figure. This mysterious formation seemed to slice through the thick fluid; the goo floating with his tail as this unknown character divebombed onto some passing fish.

Vulcan was his name, and torchuring was definately his game. With a wry smirk, Vulcan swerved to the left, cutting off the fishes escape route. His magnificent tail shimmered despite being in such a dull light. Lunging at the trout and gripping it by its fins, this malicious male chortled with a sinister tone. How evil to hold a fish aimlessly in the sludgey water by its own body parts, and even worse, he enjoyed watching it squirm and occasionally nip at his arm.

Muttering, Vulcan went to bite the fish, but instead let it go. The look that sparked in the fishes eye was hilarious in Vulcan's opinion. A look of shock, horror and despair. But when he let it go, adrenaline pumped through the fishes irises as it rocketed far out of reach.

With an audible respire and a few bubbles blown by his mouth, Vulcan peered down at the hand of which he used to grab the fish. An evident, bold mark was planted in the center of his palm. With curiousity, Vulcan began to rotate his head at an angle and analyze this abnormal imprint upon his hand.

He was born with this; so... Maybe it was just a birth mark?

Rolling his shoulders causally and allowing hte thought to roll off as they rolled, Vulcan then began to return to his obscure home. Many savage mermaids were there, and a few actually had something on their hands too, or maybe Vulcan was in denial about being the only one to have such a mark.

And not only that, but the water was stirring. Rumours of war, five curcial warriors, Lasvasha's down fall... Hands... Eager to get home to hear more of them, Vulcan took no time in motioning his tail in a propelling fashion and swimming with excessive velocity through the murky water, in direction of his hometown.

Sorry for this being late, school and all has started up again :/
"Lost time is never found again."

-Benjamin Franklin

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:43 pm
SisterItaly says...

Issa

He shot his hand out at me, so I grabbed it and twisted it up behind his back, shoving him against a wall. I struggled to hold him there, but he broke free and pushed me back into the opposing wall in the ally. I groaned and shut my eyes when my head smacked against the wall. Stupid theives. He grabbed for the small bag of coins tied around my waist, I shot up, swimming upwards towards... the... surface. I was so close, to close. I didn't know what was up there. Anything could be up there.

I froze up, staring at the surface. Slowly drifting back downwards in the water. I felt a bit of weight come off of me, and snapped my head back as the thief swam off with the last of my food money.
"HEY!" She yelled after him, he laughed and turned his head, smiling at me. Looked to me I wasnt eating today. I was far enough from the surface now, terrible thing it is. I swam back down towards the city, there had to be something to do today... I had all the time in the world.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:40 am
sillyducky says...

taking over for sashadoes!
Writing's a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia E.L. Doctorow
I've always believed that writing advertisements is the second most profitable form of writing. The first is ransom notes Philip Dusenberry
I'm so clever that I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying Oscar Wilde

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:02 pm
sillyducky says...

Filiker

I swam quickly in the general direction of Mel’s Dolphin Ranch. The name seemed a bit obvious to me, so much so that inside I snickered every time I heard it, but I had never mentioned it to Mel, and I most definitely wouldn’t mention it today. I was running ten minutes late as it was. No need to anger him more.
As I neared the edge of the ranch, I noticed an unmistakable glint of green. Jade. My heart skipped a beat. I didn’t know why my heart still jumped out of my chest every time I saw her. We had been friends for the past eight years. But the reason didn’t matter because my heart had a mind of it’s own.
As I approached her, I called out loudly, “Jade!” She turned, her face stretching into a beautiful grin.
“Filiker! I hoped I would see you here!”
I smiled and asked her why she was here.
“I’m delivering a message,” she responded.
“Oh?” I prompted slyly.
She punched my arm. “I can’t tell you what it is, silly! I wouldn’t get my coins then, would I?”
I rubbed the spot where she had touched me, pretending to be hurt. I was actually checking to see if the tingly feeling on my skin would spread. It didn’t.
“No, no I guess you wouldn’t. And we can’t have you getting unhealthy, can we?” No, no we can't...
Writing's a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia E.L. Doctorow
I've always believed that writing advertisements is the second most profitable form of writing. The first is ransom notes Philip Dusenberry
I'm so clever that I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying Oscar Wilde

Make your dreams come true. Don't wish for them, work for them.
— Lilly Singh