z

Young Writers Society

Pre-Winged Ones

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:35 pm
fictionfanatic says...

This is now Pre-Winged Ones!

You all normal teenagers (by normal I mean no wings...you can make them as messed up as you want, I don't care ) that got exposed to something or were infected with a virus or something. We can post about what happened and how we were taken away. I was thinking then going a few days through the lab (since we never did that) and going through the testing and all that stuff. And then one day you all wake up on the island and have to adapt to it. So technically, it would be like Pre-Winged Ones, but we're including the new additions (as in the people who weren't here for number one) and new members.

DT:
topic73345.html

Characters:
Kaylee - Female
Elizabeth (Ellie) - Female
Marie (Blossom) - Female
Dakotah - Female
Laila - Female

Cole - Male
Tyler - Male
Joshua (Josh) - Male
Lacy - Male
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:40 pm
Dragonet says...

Omg *is so excited*

Name: Corbin

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Wings: Molasses brown and feathery, with pale, creamy tips.

mask: just a plain, regular mask made out of leather. Not the sleek, black leather; the old fashioned, tan kind. (Why do we have masks?)

Personality: He loves everybody and everything. He can always find good in everyone. He's quirky and fun. He is also slightly mischievous. He likes teasing people but it's a fun, brotherly teasing,and he doesn't let it get annoying.
He's like a brother to everyone. At times he's like a big brother that you could tell anything to. And sometimes he acts like a fun-loving, teasing little brother. He calls all the winged ones "his family".

Emotion: Ah, it's good to be home.

Likes: Nature, people, Ester, anything bright and fun and exciting.

Dislikes: Bullies and bossy people. These are the only people that he can't stand.

Strengths: Musically talented; he has a pipe that he loves to play. He is as quiet as a mouse, he can sneak up on anyone. He loves to eavesdrop on people and doesn't consider it wrong. He sees good in anything.

Flaws: Can't sing a note for the life of him. He walks a lot so his wings aren't as strong as they should be. He can't fly as long or as fast as everyone else. He's never serious, even in times where it's a matter of life or death.

Mate: Ester.

..........................................................................................................................................

Name: A.J.

Appearance/wings:
AJ is average height, at 5'9. He has pure jet black hair and dark brown eyes that look like melted chocolate. He normally wears black tanks and a pair of old jeans, with arm bands and to cover up his scar on his right arm. Skinny appearance, but noticable biceps.
Spoiler! :

Mask: Black.

Personality: He is a very, very quiet person. He really doesn't talk that much, he uses body language most of the time. It's not that he wants to be left alone, he actually likes to be in groups and with friends. And he doesn't mind chatty people, it's just that he, himself, doesn't like to talk.

Emotions: Hates it. He doesn't see why the other winged ones missed it so much.

Likes: Cars. He loves cars. He learned how to drive when he was 7 years old. His dad was a race car driver, and A.J. was going to follow in his footsteps but the scientist captured him.
The color black.
Dislikes: Scientists. Not knowing things, he makes it his job to know about all the latest rumors.

Strengths: Really strong, he's probably one of the strongest ones there. Not strongest as in best at fighting, but strongest just in general. Also he has high pain tolerance.
Flaws: Not the best at fighting and survival skills.

Mate: No one.

Other: He got in a car accident a couple years back and his right arm got badly torn up. With therapy he is now able to use his right arm, but he's now left handed. He has a large white scar on his right arm.
Last edited by Dragonet on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:58 pm
View Likes
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Name: Zuri, short for Azura. Named for her wings.

Appearance: White -no, not white-blond- hair, blue eyes, small and unhealthily skinny. Is still in lab clothes, a simple white short sleeved shirt and white pants, both cotton.

Spoiler! :

Wings: Eight to ten feet across (still a growing girl), and bright, cobalt blue, with some lighter feathers.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Typically, sarcastic and hyper and absolutely lovable. Acts on instinct, and has misplaced both dignity and seriousness. Somewhere in the labs. If she's not at her regular, she'll be pulled in, scared, shaky (literally) and prone to black-outs. Like now.

Strengths: Fast runner and flyer, light, good fighter, knows her chemicals well, quick thinking and loyal.

Weaknesses: Not very muscly, hasn't been kept in good shape, hyperactive, bad aim, not emotionally strong (well, she is some), impulsive, prone to passing out. (Also: has been starved for the past two weeks and pumped up with chemicals. She can't keep much down for long. Weakened.)

Emotion?: Sort of relieved. She's spent her whole life in the labs- now open space? Fresh air? Food with taste?

Mate: None yet.

Other: Will eat a lot, if a lot's given. Barely knows the originals Winged Ones, and will stay by Jalen for a long, long time.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

57 Reviews

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:30 pm
Junglelover says...

Name: Mitch

Appearance:
download/file.php?id=7069

Wings:
download/file.php?id=6940

Personality:He's kinda a non thinker, says things that are on his mind without him knowing it. Fast, fun, charming. Hot tempered, but is cooled off very easily. He may flirt around with girls and are happy and hyper, but when it comes down to it, he loves a more quiet and smart girl.

Strengths: he can run fast and fly fast, good with people his own age and younger. Can cheer up anyone, just give him a few minutes.

Weaknesses: not very good with people older then him, Can't really keep a secret. he has a high temper.

Emotion? (about being on the island): He's excited about it

Mate (Not friends. I mean your boyfriend/girlfriend): He doesn't have one yet, so...We'll see what happens.

Other: He wears both of these neckless that use to be his parents, once he finds his love she gets one of them.
Like the pic, but sliver, and a little beat up.
Spoiler! :
--30000--16520_product_1672378710_thumb_large.jpg
--30000--16520_product_1672378710_thumb_large.jpg (62.32 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Last edited by Junglelover on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:31 pm
ultraviolet says...

Here's Blake's profile.

Name: Blake Amalie (I forgot she even had a last name. hehe :P )

Appearance: Pretty much like the picture, but always wears black of some sort.

Spoiler! :

What do your wings look like?: The picture, minus the girl.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Is tough and a loner. Tends to drift off and is often found, hours later, deep in the woods practicing her fighting skills. When made to be in a group, is more than willing to let someone else lead, as long as said person is not overly bossy, and is willing to listen to everyone's ideas.

Strengths: Good fighter, especially hand to hand with her twin daggers. Stays calm under pressure. Can't be tempted by wealth or power. Has a high pain tolerance.

Flaws: Doesn't trust easily. Finds it hard to make friends, and naturally distances self from people. Is uncoordinated in the air, and can't focus when flying for a long time.

Emotion: In a way it's a relief. School was hell. She couldn't take the drama. She's glad that things are the way that they used to be, simply because things were simple then. Even with the almost dieing thing, it's still better than always dealing with unnecessary drama and all the crap of normal life.

Mate: Michel

Here's Jalen.

Name: Jalen Kris

Age(Teenager please): 16

Appearance: Picture.

Picture: Image

What do your wings look like?: Picture, minus the girl.

Picture: Image

Personality: She's kind of given up on things, in a way. She thinks life's crap, it's just cruel. She almost got out, then the winged ones got trapped. They escaped, then they were brought to the arena place. Still, she's happy that she at least has a chance, rather than starving and being tortured in the lab.

Emotions: She doesn't like the idea that the scientists are toying with them, but thinks it's far better than being ever at their mercy and being beaten and tortured and having no say in how things work. At least now she can do something to help their situation.

Strengths: Is a good strategist and a good leader. Can keep a calm head.

Flaws: Can be sometimes stubborn, gets easily frustrated when people don't listen to her when she knows she's right and when people try and take over something she's in charge of.

Mate: None.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:08 am
Apple says...

>I'm so sorry for not posting regulary. I was all caught up in other stuff the computer was the last of my choices - that and when I could go on Mum decided that grounding me would be good for my health - but I am back now and will post so fast that you'll all be like "Apple posted, again!" :D <

Name: Ester Alice

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Wings:
Spoiler! :

Personality:Ester is tough, sarcastic and hates "girliness". She is often thought to be a "joker" and "Clown" because of her bubbly personality. When she wants to be, she can appear innocent and harmless, though she is as every bit as powerful as everyone else. Through all the events that have happened, Ester always has a distant look in her eyes now. Seeing so much has changed her and not in a good way. Ester is a little more quiet then before and looks like she is another world.

Strengths: Ester is a very fast flyer, able to do numerous flips and turns when she is air born. Ester doesn't hate it that she has wings, in fact she loves the feeling of wind wrippling through her wings. She is also a good figher, spending most of her time practicing punching and kicking. Ester isn't very strong though and can easily be beaten down, if it wasn't for her speed she would have been dead long ago.

Flaws: When she was younger she destroyed some of the cartliage in her knee resulting in pain shooting up her legs when ever she throws herself into a run, or sprints for a long period of time. She tends to hide and ignore the pain, but it's there and it's killing her.

Emotion?: Scared. Even though she doesn't admit it to anyone - not even Corbin -, Ester is scared out of her mind about what the scientists might do to her. She can't stand looking at her body anymore because all she sees is the devices, and she can't stand looking into the sky! Ester did not like normal life, but neither does she like being captured. One thing she is happy for though is seeing her home, again.

Mate: Corbin.
I spy!

84 Reviews

Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:25 pm
fictionfanatic says...

We shall start. Post your profiles whenever. Oh, and everything we do is on camera. We just don't know it.

Kaylee:

When I began to wake up I felt something warm beneath me and I heard waves crashing. I smiled. This is a nice dream. I lay there for a minute or so when the freezing cold water ended up washing over me. Holding back a shriek I jumped up and ran away from it. Looking around my eyes widened. Okay, this isn't a dream.

I realized where I was and noticed everyone else laying on the ground still sleeping. "Guys!" I yelled excitidly. Slowly they began waking up "Guys wake up, stand up! We're back!" I began dancing in the water about ankle deep. When my family opened their eyes they let out cheers and woots of excitment and joined me in my dancing.

That's when I realized-"Guys, how did we get here?" I started noticing something heavy on my wrist and ankle. When I looked at them I saw metal cuffs, and everyone else was wearing them too." Some of my happiness went away.

I began fiddling with the one on my wrist to try and get it off, when a spark of electricity went through me and I let out a yelp of pain.

At first, we all just looked at each other wide eyed, except for the new additions who looked a little confused. Then, our happiness came back.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:44 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Kaylee

Appearance: (Post picture tomorrow) Kaylee has long red hair and right blue green eyes, that are framed by thick eyelashes. She has smooth skin that is slightly tanned (naturally) and she has full red lips. She has strange white marking across her cheekbones that she thinks she got from some sort of test when she was in the labs. She also has bite marks on her thigh from being attacked by a wolf.

Wings: Large and golden

Personality: Kaylee takes on the leader role in the group. She gets very motherly sometimes. She will act upon what she believes in. She's outgoing and not afraid to show it. Her opinion is her opinion and few people can change her mind. Once they left the island, she kind of loosened up.

Strengths: Being a leader, she's very strong, she's a fast runner. Kaylee is a good fighter, but not one of the best in the group, and she always puts her family before herself (she'd even rather have someone kill her than one of the others, and she will go through with that if she has to.) And she has a strong motherly instinct.

Weaknesses: She has a strong motherly instinct, she's not one of the best fighters, her leg tends to start hurting if she works to hard or gets really tired. She puts her family before herself and is willing to give her life for them, and she hates talking about her life before the island.

Emotion? (about being on the island): She's a little wary, but her excitemnt and ecstaticness takes over most of that.

Mate: Blaise

Other:
Live, Love, Laugh

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:58 pm
Dragonet says...

Corbin~

The island! I was too excited to be confused or worried. I yet out a "Woohoo!" spread out my arms and fell straight forward, like I had done ever sense I was little. The water hit my face and stomach with a loud "slap" and I sat up held my stomach, "ouch."

"Yeah, brainless, belly flops hurt." Michael smirked from the top of the ledge that hung over the beach.

"Well thanks for the information, Michael, you must be very wise to have come to that conclusion all by yourself."

He rolled his eyes and jumped off ledge, cannonball style, making the rest of us rise in his wave. It was my turn to roll my eyes, "show off." Just then I was hit with a force like a battle ram and my head went under water. I kicked off Ester--for that was who it was, didn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out--and grabbed her hand. I was about to pull her under with me, but my arm stopped when I felt something that was definitely out of place. I came to the surface to study it more clearly, Ester didn't stop me, I guess she had felt it when I pulled on it and she was wondering the same thing I was, "what the heck was it?" It was a bracelet, of sorts. It was big, thick, and neon orange. And Ester said that it had zapped her when I had tugged on it. "Oh no," I muttered. When I looked down my own wrist, sure enough, I had one identical to Ester. It turned out that all of us had one, a similar one on our ankles too. Not good. It would have made me mad, or worried, but I was so happy to be back on the island that nothing could dampen my good mood. Besides, who cares if now we were stuck on the island? We should be thanking them--whoever they are-- for taking us here.

Ester seemed pretty worried about it though, although she tried to hide it, but I could tell, I could always tell.

I stared down at the waves lapping at our chests, and beneath that, the rocks at the bottom. Finally I sighed, "I wonder what it's like to kiss underwater."

Ester looked at me, "What?"

I smiled at her, "I said, 'I wonder what it's like to kiss underwater."

"Your mind is messed up, Corbin," she said, like I had totally lost it.

"Aw, come on Ester, you know you want to know." And with that, I dived under the surface.

As far as I was concerned, it was the best underwater kiss.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:26 am
ForsakenAngel says...

I think I'm leaving Ash out of this one. Hope this is OK.

Name: Ellie May

Age(Teenager please):13, going on 14 in a few months

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
not the nose piercing:Imageand she has her lip pierced. Tattoo located on the left side of her stomach(large): Image

And she always has her daggers:
Spoiler! :

Wings: 15 feet wide, long and huge (But they're still growing.)
Spoiler! :

mask:
Spoiler! :

Personality: she keeps to myself most of the time, and does not speak, but when she does, she has really helpful things to say.--after she is kind, caring, and she loves to interact with people.

Emotions: she can'tate anymore, and she doesn't even have a small grudge on them.

Likes: sitting by the waterfall and looking up at the sky at night

Dislikes: being forced to be grouped with others (she's anti social, but not much when she's around really god friends)

Strengths: when she am left alone, she can see other things that are not near me (like seeing the future only she can see things that are happening now, but far off away from her.)

Flaws: she is am antisocial, all of her family was killed by the people who put her on the island.

Up for love?: yes

Mate: No one
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:40 am
Apple says...

Ester Alice:

I resurfaced and took in a deep gulp of air. Corbin burst through the water next to me, shaking the water from his red hair. I giggled, kicking my feet so I could stay afloat. Corbin winked flirtatiously and nudged me with his arm. Laughing loudly, I splashed him with water, my hand coming from the water. My eyes froze upon the chunky bracelet on my wrist. At the high school we had gone to; the bracelet would’ve been dubbed unfashionable and you’d be teased by preppy girls (AKA: Bianca) until you’re practically forty one!

“What is it?” I asked, poking at it cautiously.

“Looks like a bracelet,” Ellie muttered, sliding down a tree trunk.

“No really, I thought it was a giraffe trying to swallow my hand!” Blake laughed as she dipped her hands into the cool water. Michael burst out laughing swimming to edge and trying to bite at it. Before I could stop him, an electrical current ran up his mouth making him shake. The words in my mouth disappeared and loud laughter began to come.

Corbin, Kaylee, AJ and Blaise – not being as polite as me – burst out laughing; their loud chuckles echoing off of the trees. Swimming towards the side, my giggles were muffled as water kept rushing into my open mouth. Burrowing myself up onto land, I felt the warmth of the sun tickle at the back of my neck.

“Great to be home!” I muttered, hollowly.

Glancing up at the shadow's disarraying across the forest floor, I watched at the new winged ones that we had saved. I couldn’t remember them clearly, but the one boy – Mino, no…Milo? No, Mitch! – stood away from the two girls; glancing at the water with hungry look. The two other girls, whose names blatantly didn’t occur to me, stood closely together. The one with brown hair stood slightly in front, like to protect the other.

“What’s shaking?” I asked, trying to pick up the lingo of high school.

“Mrs. Petra’s bootee; that thing so wide you slide past it by accident it won’t stop shaking till next fall!” Corbin laughed.

Everyone burst into laughter (everyone but the new people). Mrs. Petra was the mathematics coordinator who had made our lives hell at school because we were 'mathematically challenged'.

“Amen to that!” Michel shouted over a rippling wave, his words slurred because of his prematurely burnt tongue.
I spy!

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:26 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

Now this, this was home. I watched as they joked and played, wondering what to do now. So we were back home, we were in this familiar zone where we had made each other our friend. But what now?

I smiled as I walked into the forest, unnoticed--or at least I could hope so. This was nice. My hand reached out involuntarily to touch the tree trunks as I passed them. Yea, we were home, the only home we could call home.

I looked at my wrist, wondering why we had those ugly yellow bracelets on, and why they had shocked Michel. I pulled at it, trying to take it off, but not with much luck. A bolt of electricity passed through me, and I gasped, looking at it shocked. What the hell?

Sitting down, I gave up. We were back home, but why, and could we believe it was safe still? I yawned, sitting back against the tree, pulling my legs against chest. We were home. I smiled, tears spilling over. Yea, home. I couldn't help but be happy, even if it was dangerous. We were home! (The thought was shocking.) I heard some one's footsteps as they walked closer to where I was.

*Anyone*
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:31 pm
Junglelover says...

Mitch

They all started laughing at some joke that I didn't get, must be a in side joke. I saw Ellie walking away from the group and off into the woods. I thought of following her, why not? I started following her, she ended up at a waterfall, "Wow!" I said. She turns and looks at me, "Do you like it?" She ask.
"Yeah, it's beautiful!" I see the tears on her cheek and I try to find the right words."What wrong?" I couldn't think of anything else to say.
She smiles, "Nothing, I'm happy!"
"Oh, here I thought that I might cheer you up. I quite good at that you know." I sat down.
We talked for a bit, then returned back to the group.

**Sorry this is short, but I have to go.**
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:12 pm
Calligraphy says...

Micheal Webb

I wasn't sure why everyone was so calm. I couldn't really remember what happened before we woke up here, but I remembered cages. I felt like I was fighting the calmness myself. I wanted just to relax and lay down. But, I forced myself to get up. Why weren't we doing anything? My thoughts seemed muddled. I couldn't straighten them out. They kept wondering. Focus, I told myself.

"Why aren't we doing anything?" I asked my voice slurred. What was wrong with me? "Shouldn't we be building shelters? Gathering food? Wood for fires? Find something to make beds out of? We will probably be here for a while." It had taken me a while to get my thoughts organized enough to say them so there were long pauses between each sentence. But, I was grateful that everyone was actually listening. "Just because we are back home doesn't mean we are safe." My biggest thoughts at the moment were I sound like Kaylee! and, why isn't she saying this? Were we being drugged?

Everyone just sat there. "Come on." I yelled in there faces. It didn't have the effect I would have liked, but most of them got up. I waited for a few moments for Kaylee to take charge, but when she didn't I started to slowly make commands. "First we will fly up to the caves and see if they are still there... After that... actually right now three of you can go collect wood for fires. Try to make it dry." I trailed off, but added as an after note "And don't get sidetracked!"

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:55 pm
ultraviolet says...

Blake

Why was everyone being to calm, so happy? Sure, I was ecstatic to be on the island, but didn't anyone realize what this meant? Didn't they remember who put us on the island the first time?

Just then Michel started yelling at people, trying to get us to focus. I couldn't help smiling a little. I walked over to him.

"Guys! Michel's right. We gotta figure out why we're here. We gotta find food and water and shelter." Another thought came to me. "Oh, and don't let your guard down. We don't know if the wolves are still here or gone, forever or for now."

Everybody still seemed drugged, like they couldn't concentrate. My mind felt like it was trying to fog, but I guess years of focus and skillful determination were winning out. The new winged ones seemed more scared, and more sober than the rest. Probably because they didn't have the high of coming home hanging over their head and they were probably a lot more unsure.

They'd never been here before. They didn't have any guarantees and they didn't even have the hope that we'd made it out alive before.

We told our group winged ones to go find wood, and the rest of us--me, Michel, and the new ones--went to go search for our old cave, our old training grounds, our old places.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

Some twenty years from now, users will ask a similar question about world famous Chicken poetry and Google will tell them about alliyah.
— Hkumar