78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:35 pm
Theodorable says...

Name: Tania

Second Name: Dowden

Description/Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She had a fiery spirit, and she likes to break the rules. She is very loyal to the ones she loves, and she likes to speak her mind. She believes that the boundaries that have been set up for women need to be abolished. And so no man has wanted to tackle the challenge of courting her.

History: Her family has had to constantly watch her; she hasn’t gotten out very much. She has been restricted to the menial tasks that are appropriate, but she ends up tearing them apart and burning them. She and her parents are the only ones alive in her family and they have no hope of continuing their line, because of their daughter.

Victorian or Modern: (Basically is your character with the Uni group or living in the time loop)

Educations or Skills: She secretly reads things that are forbidden to her, so she has knowledge that most women don’t have.

Loyal or Neutral the Evil: Neutral

Items or Equipment: She carries a quill with her.

Music: (Song to go with them personality wise) Kings and Queens- 30 Seconds to Mars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMX3qv1N37s&ob=av2e
Or Fighter- Christina Aguilera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PstrAfoMKlc&ob=av2e
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:29 pm
LastPaladin says...

Edgar Hughes

Wiping perspiration from his face he sighed and carried on clearing the dirt away from the dagger. The sun was sweltering, but he was happy to be out of the university. it was known fact he preferred being out doing the practical work of archaeology rather than the reading. Even though sun was high they'd need to leave soon to make it back to the University. But all the students seemed to be enjoying themselves.

They were at a trip which he had managed to finagle into getting. It was possible he was lose his job pretty soon, he kept striking heads with the Board of the University. But for now he would keep teaching them. The risk assessment he had to go through to allow this was insane.

Cleaning the dagger he then gasped when it struck him this couldn't be that old, with a rough estimate it appeared to be early 19th Century. That was strange.

He felt a tap on his shoulder and swung around, "Ah Jesse, is there an issue?"

"Ed, this stuff appears fairly modern --- by that I mean early Victorian era."

Edgar nodded, "I noticed, but we shall stay still, just switch research to Victorian Era."

"Okay" she smiled.

As she walked off he saw the look of confusion on everyone else face. Something strange was going on.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:38 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Save spot. Will be up in a few hours.

Name: Duncan

Second Name Smith

Description/Appearance: Kind of short for his age with brown hair and brown eyes with pale skin.

Personality: He is used to getting his way being a pampered rich kid that bought his way into college. Although he is very smart and could have gotten in on grades alone he finds exerting such an effort to be boring. He is easily bored and entertains himself by messing with people. He's impatient to the point. He enjoys a challenge and in his boredom he sets up many challenges for himself. He is very observant and lets very little escape his notice.

Victorian or Modern: Modern

Educations or Skills: He is skilled at observation thus he chose to study Archaeology

Loyalty: Neutral

Items or Equipment: Several notepads to write down observations.

Music:
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:10 am
Tenyo says...

*Sorry Bishi, I got here first! :D *

Shiloh realised he had been staring at the object much longer than neccesary, but still, it fascinated him no less than when he had first picked it up. 'I should move on,' he said to himself. He touched the space in the ground where it had been, then stuck a flag marked with a seven into the space. He wrote the number on a clear plastic back and put the object into it before squatting down to mull on it further.

'This is from the victorian era, this site is older than that, otherwise there would still be buildings. Unless it was a place destroyed by war, but then nothing in such condition would survive anything that demolished the surrounding area. Maybe someone put it here for a joke.' He sighed. It was a pretty object anyway.

He stood up, ready to head for the box with the other objects in. He realised that the space his classmates had covered was decreasing as they gathered in groups.

'Shiloh!' His teacher shouted. 'Bring that here.' Shiloh replanned his route to manouver around the flags that were already stuck in the ground. He held out the object, which the teacher took and regarded with more curiosity than he had done.

'Sir,' someone else ran over, almost tripping himself on a hole as he did.

'That's why we don't walk over ground we've just dug up,' his teacher reminded him.
We were born to be amazing.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:43 am
Elinor says...

Luke

He was here. Actually outside putting the skills he was learning to use, not cramped up in tight desks for hours listening to boring lectures. It was very, very hot, so much so that Luke felt like he was lying in an oven. Right now, in the back of his mind, he thought about air conditioning. And coolness. But he didn't mind being out in the heat for now. He was digging, but also playing with his tools. That was when he noticed Tom tripping over something. He let a small smile escape as their teacher yelled at him.

They were researching Victorian stuff, something that had always been interesting to Luke. He wondered what exactly they'd find, what he could his friends and family once they got back home.

{Sorry it's so short!}

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:46 pm
Theodorable says...

Tania- Coleraine

She stormed through the doorway and turned to face her father. “Why must I sit and doddle like a worthless woman?”

“Because you are one! And I will not allow my daughter to scare off every possible suitor in this town!” Her father’s face was red with the effort of holding himself back. Last time he had hit her, but this time he had restrained himself.

He pointed to the chase lounge near the fire, “Now sit, and do your work.”

“But, Papa…” She couldn’t finish. He had already strode from the room. She looked down at the stitch work that lay on the table next to the lounge, the intricate needle work that her mother had done that morning. She laid her fingers on it gently, and looked into the fire.

She saw her future fading away, men had ruined her life, and she would never be looked at with respect. She wanted to make something of herself, to change this town and its habits. But, she couldn’t even voice her opinions to her own father!

Tania looked down at her hand; the needle work was now crumpled in her fist. A tear escaped, and she wiped it away. She took a step toward the fire and threw the needle work into the flames. She straightened her back and walked through the doorway.

She grabbed her bonnet and shawl and headed out the front door. She walked down the lane and just thought about how she could change things. She had read that groups could use force, but she knew of no others like herself.

If she had a husband then she could use him to do her bidding, but she had scared away all possible suitors long ago. He father was right, she was going to be reduced to a spinster and live her days alone.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:13 am
SisterItaly says...

Jesse *sorry it's crap. I haven't posted, and when I tried to the backspace betrayed me again.*

I got back to work, a little unsure about myself, because I knew nothing about the Victorian era. I fiddled with my tools while I worked, I carefully pulled an old rusty locket out of the ground. It was a nice, silver little thing. Beautiful engravings. It was amazing! The engravings were so detailed, it looked as if it was done by tiny hands. I laughed loudly as I imagined a little mouse working feverishly on the engravings on the locket.

I got some... odd looks from the others and blushed deeply. Remember Jesse, no one can hear your thoughts. Or maybe that's what they wanted me to think... I wondered what it would it would be like if people could hear my thoughts. They would be annoying to talk to, always finishing my sentences and knowing all my deepest secrets... OH! I guess I would have to be careful not to upset them. Or they may tell my secrets. Or even more embarrassingly, what I was thinking. My dad had always told me I think oddly, and much differently then anyone he knew. So I kept my thoughts to myself.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:58 pm
eldEr says...

Maria

Maria held the ring close to her face, examining the band carefully for any special engravings. There were none. And whatever jewel had been inside the socket had long fallen out. She sighed, placing the ring back into the small wooden box. She could hold the whole thing in the palm of her hand, and there hadn't been much in it. The busted up ring, an old bracelet made of fake pearls and a few silver necklace chains with no charms or ornaments.

Well, it wasn't anything special, but it wasn't nothing either. Besides, Maria had always had a fascination with simple things. She had grown up in a fairly simple home, with a simple family. Well, simple in her eyes anyways.

Maria closed the box carefully, trying not to damage the old hinges. It was surprising that it was all still in one piece really, more surprising still that the wood was actually in tact.

No engravings or names carved into the box that she could see. Nameless. Probably belonged to a little girl who had a bit less than the other children of her day. A little girl who liked to treasure simplicity as much as Maria did.

"If only you could see me now Papa," she whispered to herself. Her father would have been so proud to see her here.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:11 pm
skutter11 says...

Thomas-the dig site

Thomas was pouring through his text book, the sunlight shinig on his glasses as he did so. He had just dug up some interesting looking coins and was trying to classify them. After about two hours he gave up.

Right, he thought, time to have a break.

He then took his thermos and took a deep draugh from the contents. He couldn't make out the markings, but to his opinion they could have been Victorian, possibly Edwardian shillings. He wiped some of the dirt off and could make out the British coat of Arms. Taking a small notebook and pen, he wrote:

Found three Vict-Edwardian coins. Must research more.

He then placed his notes back into his breast pocket and took his trowl from his back pocket, knelt down to where he found the coins and began digging again. Almost immediatly, he found what looked like a gold coin, glistening in the light.

"Oh my God", he whispered. He got up, dusted down his knees, spreading the dirt evenmore. Forgetting everything about Dig Site Safety, he darted towards his teacher.
"Sir! I've fou-" he exclamed as he fell down a hole.

"Thats why we don't run on already dug earth", replied the Teacher.

Thomas clamboured out again, flopping onto the ground infront of the Teacher and the class, their faces trying to hold back the laughter, but failing.

"Sir, I think I've found gold", said Thomas, whispering in calm excitment.

"What do you mean?" asked the Teacher.

"Well, have a look", he replied.
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind