z

Young Writers Society

The Shadow Assassin *started not accepting*

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:12 pm
SisterItaly says...

Black Rose

What was this weird feeling? Anger, frustration, sadness, but a hint of happiness? Stupid emotions needed to get themselves in check. He truly didn't think I was a freak? Acceptance, belonging. Ugh stupid emotions. I should be mad at him for taking off my mask.
"Give it back." I said, holding my hand out. He chuckled, so I looked up to him a bit. He held the mask gingerly in his hands. I hadn't remembered how the mask looked, because it was always on my face, and I avoided mirrors.
"No, I rather it off of you." He said, gazing up to me from the mask. I scowled and grabbed at it, but he pulled away.
"Give it back Revan!" I demanded, a little louder then he liked.

I hadn't noticed the girl. She grabbed Revan's arm and yanked him up from the seat. Since I wasn't sitting right in my chair, and was a little surprised by the girl, I fell back out of my chair. The other blond girl offered me a hand up. I looked over to the other girl and Revan, she kneed him in the gut as I took the other girls hand and she help me up. I covered my face from her view, expecting her to call me a freak. I felt a hand on my shoulder and peeked through my fingers to see the girl who hand kneed Revan offering me my mask, which I quickly slid onto my face.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:18 pm
GrantBlayfur says...

Revan

Owww. Was there no end to my pain today? Stupid lady...who does she think she- then I saw her arm. The dragon tattoo. Another one?

I looked over at Black Rose. She was being helped to her feet, and here I was with a searing pain in my stomach! I locked eyes with her. She glanced quickly at one of the blondes' tattoos, then back at me and nodded her head. So does that mean they were friends or foes? I decided to wait and see what Black Rose did.

She got to her feet and kept switching her gaze between the first blonde and the second. I could practically taste the tension in the air, so I got to my feet quickly.

"You have the dragon tattoo. Come outside with us." I expected them to follow, but they didn't. What is it with women and not being nice to me?

The first blonde spoke up. "We're not going anywhere until you tell us who you are."

Some of the customers heard her outburst, and looked over at us questioningly. I didn't want to make a scene, so I hurried with the introductions. "Fine, fine. I'm Revan. And my friend here is Black Rose."

The first blonde looked at Black Rose. "How's your mask? This jerk didn't break it, right?" Black Rose shook her head. The blonde leaned slightly closer towards Black Rose's face. "Aww, c'mon, why don't you want to talk?"

Some letters appeared on the ground between us four. Maybe she is also a mute. Well, that's a new trick. More words appeared: My name is Elodie. This is my friend, Andrea.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:30 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Dre

What is wrong with me today? I called a guy a jerk! A JERK! I whimpered and took a step behind Elodie. She patted my arm. I resisted the urge to sprint back home, to the coffee shop, to memorizing faces and drinks, to running before dawn and bolting my door. I wasn't being myself.

I was actually about to mumble an apology and make a move for the door when Elodie put her arm out. Still need you, Andrea. she spelled out on my toes. I dropped my head and nodded, sucking in so I wouldn't start blubbering. It would be weak and childish, and right after Elodie just stopped me from being an idiot, I can't afford to act up again.

I rubbed at my eyes, ignoring the awkward silence, and tried not to think of Vente Black, One Cream; if Elodie hated him so much, I had right to be scared, didn't I? I did. Well, no, self assurance never worked out in the past. I'd have to ask El later. Right now, my focus was not chickening out and leaving Elodie by herself.

I just had to wait.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven - and very, very few persons.
— James Thurber