z

Young Writers Society

Hidden Power *Two* *Starting* *Still Accepting*

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:40 pm
JackpotJohnson says...

*Nothing Has Changed.....I am just re starting it!
You are someone special. You have always been someone special. Ever since your thirteenth birthday, you noticed you could do things no one else could. You are able to do things that amaze other people as well as yourself. However on the mainland there are people who know about you. They know what you could potentially do. You noticed that you are not the only one on the island with your gifts. You slowly have blended in with those other people. The government is after you. You have two options, stay on the island and be eliminated. Or you can inhabit the North Island, with your gifted friends. You choose option two. You and all of the gifted teens have been friends for three years now..... You will do all in your power to stay together

Character Template

Gifted Child or Government Official

Name:
Age(13+):
Appearance:
Image:
Powers(up to three *3*):
Government, or Gifted teen:
History:
Other:

Rules

#1- No GOD-MODDING (Just that simple)
#2- Swearing is allowed, please not vulgar
#3- No descriptive "sex" scenes
#4- Limited to two characters
#5- Keep posts over 555 characters
#6- Stay in character
#7- Have Fun
#8- No killing or beating another character up with out their consent first!
#9- ONLY GIFTED TEENS MAY HAVE POWERS>>>>GOVERNMENT MAY NOT
Last edited by JackpotJohnson on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
-JJ-
My new website needs members: http://wwww.writethiswaywriters.webs.com

9 Reviews

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:45 pm
JackpotJohnson says...

Name: Jon Mason Lovlace *Likes to be called Thunder*
Appearance: Buff Caucasian , with medium wavy hair. green colored eyes and brown hair. About five feet ten inches (5'10'') weighing approximately 205 pounds.
Skills: An extremely smart teen, and a talented mechanic. Is capable of running long distances for long periods of time at a very fast pace (17Mph).
Weaknesses: When injustice has occurred, Jon feels that he has to take the matter into his own hands, which usually results in a fight. Has a weakness when his past is brought up.
Dislikes: People who give up.
Personality: Strong-willed, but quiet. Disciplined and cautious. Like able and easy to be around. Relaxed and kind. Has no tolerance for bullies and people who intimidate other people.
History: Not much is known about Jon other than: His dad was abusive towards him, however his mother was kind and loving.
Powers: Can enter different dimensions, and can enter, then control the souls of the people he doesn't like. (Two Different POWERS)
Other: When Jon is controlling another soul, a little bit of his disappears. He only uses that power when he has to. While entering a different dimension, excruciating pain occurs, and temporary blindness
Government or Gifted Teen: Gifted Teen.
jon_mclaughlin.jpg
jon_mclaughlin.jpg (10.65 KiB) Viewed 569 times
Last edited by JackpotJohnson on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-JJ-

Reviews: 1
Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:04 pm
View Likes
Fox says...

I'll join this, but I don't have time right now to post a profile!
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Reviews: 0
Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:16 am
Undertaker says...

I call a girl spot! ^^
"Show me a "first rate laugh"."

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:26 am
Threnody says...

Name: Rumour Hargreeves

Age(13+): 17

Personality: Rumour is aggressive, tough and independent. She's nice though, and cheerful. She's clever but not book smart as she's not really motivated towards that kind of stuff. She's dependable and competitive but she doesn't talk a lot and is not a leader. She reads marvel comics and dreams of being a costumed Vigilante.

Appearance: Rumour is tall, strong and has a dancer's build. She has burnt sienna coloured hair with lighter highlights that's about shoulder length. She has green/brown eyes. When she dresses she chooses comfort over fashion.
Image: Here

Powers(up to three *3*): She can alter reality by telling a "rumour" to somebody. She starts all of them with "Rumour has it." She can also manipulate her shadow. She can separate it from her body and use it as a second body, a spying device or transportation device. (She can transport to the location of her separated shadow.)

Government, or Gifted teen: Gifted Teen

History: She wasn't a drama queen, a cheerleader or a pretty bitch at school. She was the one who was always left out of social things because people figured she didn't care about them. She's a self proclaimed tom-boy. She usually kept to herself. She'd only open up to people she thought were worth opening up to. She has a mother who has been divorced twice in 2 years, and a little sister named Riddle who has yet to show any sign of powers. Riddle went missing two days before she was transported to the island.

Other: She's very athletic and has a survivalist mentality. She has very good reflexes and isn't afraid to hurt someone. However she hides her emotions and never says what needs to be said. Up for love.
Last edited by Threnody on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:51 pm
Pernicious says...

Name: Kevin O'conner.

Age(13+): 21.

Personality: Kevin is a fun-loving, happy-go-lucky character. Out of work, that is. He is extremely sensitive and down to Earth when it comes to both friends and relations, but his whole personality differs when he is in uniform. Determined to keep the population of those with abilities extremely low; Kevin shows literally no emotion if slaughtering, imprisoning or beating them. He would prefer others not in the goverment that don't have abilities not to know about the barbaric activities including the powered people, and so becomes quite a shady, secretive character during work.

Appearance: Kevin has a retro hair style in his own opinion, which matches his out-of-work personality. After showers he will need to gel his hair, but most of the time it is natural. His eyebrows give his demeanor a more fun loving effect, along with the stubble on his chin, of which he doesn't have to shave on a regular basis to keep it looking like that. But despite all this, don't let his affectionate appearance fool you if you have abilites. For his age, Kevin is adhered with the average appearance, skin, height and weight.

Image:
Spoiler! :

Powers: N/A.

Government, or Gifted teen: Government.

History: Kevin has no real reason for wanting the people with abilities gone; he's just plainly jealous. His whole history is of the average, male life-style. He has however, encountered one person with abilities during his youth, and this is what first sparked his hatred passion towards them. The abilitied person proved to be quite the bully and occasionally abused their powers to irk Kevin.

Other: Up for any sorts of relationships; for drama, mayhaps he has kin folk with an ability? Or something along those lines... He does not have any scars, and due to this, thinks himself as the perfect man, although he doesnt actually gloat much about it.

If I totally misunderstood the concept of this tell me and I'll redo my profile; as well as my following posts for when this starts :smt003
"Lost time is never found again."

-Benjamin Franklin

5 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:58 pm
deepfreeze16 says...

I'm in! I would like to be a gifted child please. I will post my profile tommorow I need thime to think. Please save me a spot! :)

~Freeze~
"Interchanging mind control, come let the
Revolution take its toll, if you could
Flick a switch and open your third eye, you'd see that
We should never be afraid to die, so come on" ~Muse, Uprising~

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:27 pm
Undertaker says...

Name: Nyx

Personality: Many people would describe Nyx as someone who is playful, nice and very sly. She loves to play tricks on people, no matter the outcome and she cherishes her friends. On the other hand, she is not your typical 16 year old girl. When working she becomes cold, ruthless and grim. She will often toy with people when fighting because she loves to watch them struggle. She aslo loves to draw and read.

Appearance: She has long black hair that goes to the middle of her back. Her eyes are an amber color.

Image:
Spoiler! :

Powers(up to three *3*): Can make her drawing come to life, she can also go alter, create an illison and contol your memories/dreams.

Government, or Gifted teen: Government.

History: Both of Nyx's parents worked for the Government. When Nyx was born, the Government decided that at the age of 6 she should start receiving special training. Years later the time came to take Nyx away. After first her mother disagreed, but her father manage to convince her otherwise. After that faithful day, she never saw her parents again. She received difficult training for 9 years and discovered that she could make her drawings come to life. At the age of 15 they decided that it was time to put her to the test. She was very successful and they let her remain working in the field. She had improved vastly since then.

Other: Is up for love. She also has a dragon tattoo on her right arm, which she uses to fight in battles.
Spoiler! :
Last edited by Undertaker on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:17 pm
ThePowerOutage says...

Count me in.

Name Kyran Power

Gifted child

Age 13

Gender Male

Appearance Tallish, Brown Hair, Muscular, Smart-casual clothes

Personality Laid back, all in all fairly mature for his age. Likes to keep himself to himself, but some times has random outbursts of emotion. He is a thinker and can usually use his intelligence to get him out of scrapes that he is always getting into.

Powers He can control and manipulate energy to create power outages, surges ands lightning bolts and the ability to fly by manipulating energy in a way similar to the Biefeld–Brown effect . He has an organic computer in his brain, makes him super smart and lets him interface with computers using his brain.He is also super strong
Don't ask me what a quidnunc is or else I'll Floccinaucinhilipilificate you
I KILLED BOB

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:09 pm
eldEr says...

Name: Jeremy Schol (He calls himself Dust and that's how he introduces himself. Why? It seems that nobody knows.)

Personality: He's extremely defensive and protective over the ones he cares about and will do anything to ensure their safety and well-being. However, he seems dark and morbid, often smirking at the most horrible of times. He's got backbone and a lot of wit. He's also quite sarcastic and unafraid to say what he is thinking, about others...About himself and his past, however, he is extremely secretive. These secrets often torment him and he often has vivid nightmares. If you manage to break his shell, you'll discover a real softy who is more lost than he lets on. He's also very romantic if you'll give him the chance.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Powers(up to three *3*):
-He can see people's past and 'steal' their memories (this is done when somebody opens up emotionally to him and he touches their skin. He will zone out and 'enter' their memories. This makes it hard for him to open up to people)
-He can turn his molecules into a substance that can pass through solid walls/objects, though this gets draining after a while.
-He can manipulate and bend shadows/light.

Government, or Gifted teen: Obviously, Gifted Teen

History: He grew up with a drunk and meth addict as a father. He never knew his mother and his younger sister who he had loved dearly was murdered brutally by one of the drug-dealers his father owed money to when she was 14 and he was 15. He chooses to shove aside the rest of his past and holds his whole story inside. Nobody knows anything about his family.

Other: He carries his sister's journal around with him, occasionally reading through the pages when he gets the time alone. It's an extremely long journal, 700 pages totalled. He also loves thunder and lightning and late-night walks under star-filled skies. He's a daydreamer and may go into silent spells where he will be thinking of what could have been and what will be.
Last edited by eldEr on Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

9 Reviews

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:34 pm
JackpotJohnson says...

Thunder
It started out as a soft knock at the door....Then the knocking became more frantic. I lived alone ever since December of last year, when I moved out of my mom's house, so i didn't have to worry about the noise. I rushed down the spiral staircase and into the living room. I rushed and opened the door, and Dust stumbled in. "Hey, Hows it goin" I said. "Not to bad, Just need them clearance papers". I stood there blank for a moment, then remembered. Everyone in the city of Targoual must have legal registration papers. This ''bill'' was passed by the government officials. "Follow me...." I said after realizing what i was supposed to do. I had to keep my house spotless, and power traceless. For a long time the government has been eyeing me. I needed to take the extra precautions to remain safe, and keep my friends safe to.

I went upstairs, and glanced behind me to make sure Dust was following, and not snooping around. He was, and I proceeded into the hall way. I stopped in front of my bed room, and turned to face the grandfather clock. There was something special about this clock. On the outside it looks like a normal clock, and even on the inside it looks like a normal clock. When you open it, it is just a normal clock. So I opened it, and brushed aside the weights. Then closed the door behind me. Shouting so Dust could hear me, I said "Ill be back in a jiffy''. Then I vanished.... I can enter any dimension I want, when I want. But it has side effects, ones that weaken me. When I use my grandfathers clock, I can go to any dimension when I want, but without side effects.

I arrived at the Gifted TEEN BANK/STORAGE Building, and ran up to an open teller. I was quick and secretive. I retrieved my envelope, and payed my fee. Then I was off, I jumped back into my home's dimension, into the clock. Opening the door, Dust was just as I left him: jaw open, marveling at my powers. I stepped out, closed his mouth for him, and proceeded down the stairs.

He was still kinda of gawking at me, until I slapped him. Then he snapped out of his trance. Before he could protest I shoved the envelope in his hands, and showed him the door.
-JJ-

5 Reviews

Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:57 pm
Pernicious says...

Kevin O'conner

Kevin walked down an achromic hallway. It was above the hygenic standards of a normal hallway; for this was the hallway of the government. They have hired cleaners of course that clean the floors and walls every hour or so. He smiled, bobbing his head gently in an affectionate greeting towards one of the cleaners who he was close with. The petite female smiled back, as did the gentleman behind her, although he knew it was she whom Kevin was smiling towards.

Clutching his clipboard tighter as he read it, various names popped up upon a sheet of paper which was of course his list. Names of which the government had extremely close eyes on. Some people obviously closer than others, and some on the brink of being caught and executed.

He gritted his teeth at the fact people were getting away with huge stuff like having powers. A fraction of this anger was caused by jealousy.

How come he wasn't gifted? Why was it just them? He'd be sure to use his powers in a more interesting way, that would not only be for his own benefit but also for other citizens.

He muttered to himself, analyzing the list thoroughly. A single name had a spacific symbol by it- Rumour Hargreeves ¾. ¾ meant that she was extremely close to being invaded by the government since they thought she was definately a gifted teen.

A chortle escaped his rustic larynx. He would use his charm to get into her house, then snoop around. He was one of the best, one of the top of the game. He knew exactly how to make people have sympathy for him, fall for him, and even hate him. This would be of ease to get into a woman's house, and to ocupy her for a moment to gather some valuable information would prove to be manageable too.

He had his task set for the day. Previously, Kevin had had a bad run in with a relative of his boss. Of course, suspecting your bosses kin isn't the best thing to do. He would have to preform excellently to impress his manager and become the teachers pet of the government again.

Sorry for being suckish, I did this at around midnight my time.
"Lost time is never found again."

-Benjamin Franklin

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:32 pm
Threnody says...

Rumour Hargreeves:

My sister lived with me now. My parents were MIA and I had to make sure no one found out. After all, Rumour had it that the police would be avoiding this family for a long time.

What really happened though, was something weirder. Rumour had it that the plane they were on to come home from their Caribbean vacation was lost somewhere in the Atlantic ocean. All of the passengers were presumed dead.

I didn't care mostly because they weren't my parents. Just some people the government made legal guardians of my sister and I. Riddle thought they were shady and so did I. Turns out they were here to find out more about my "Powers."

I could be using my powers to win the lottery, become president, or graduate from college 3 years early. But, I've always been the balance between a lot of things, and to do anything drastic would be tipping the scales.

So, I'm sitting in my flat that could probably fit into your average McDonald's helping my sister, Riddle, with her homework. The doorbell rings and it's this guy who could have been from the 60s or 70s straight out of an orange juice commercial. He lookes up at me and licks his lips.

"Hello, I'm Kevin." He smiles a little bit.

"I don't like him." Riddle said from behind me. She has always seemed to recognise certain types of people upon first glance.

"What do you want?" I say pleasantly, but still on edge.

"Oh well I heard about your parents and..." That's all he gets to say because my sad little flat starts falling apart around me. I hear a chopper and a few machine guns releasing their load, for intimidation.

"Dammit." I hear him say to himself. "I didn't think they'd invade today."

"Someone missed an important memo" I remember thinking to myself before something buried itself in my neck and everything went dark.

"
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

5 Reviews

Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:33 pm
deepfreeze16 says...

Name: Kelly Elzey

Gifted Child

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She is quiet and shy at times. She is very smart and hates ignorant people. She has big DREAMS.

Powers: She is a dream-walker. She can also pull things out of peoples dreams and use them at her control. She is sometimes known as The Dream-catcher.
"Interchanging mind control, come let the
Revolution take its toll, if you could
Flick a switch and open your third eye, you'd see that
We should never be afraid to die, so come on" ~Muse, Uprising~

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:54 pm
Undertaker says...

Nyx

While the girl stared at what was going on around her, Nyx had easily sneaked up behind and knocked her out. When the girl’s body pitched forward, Kevin reached out and caught her. He then glanced at her, nodded and walked away to do whatever he does.

Nyx grinned as she looked at the destruction around her. Their were boards everywhere, glass was scattered across the floor, and debris was strewn about. She was so glad that she didn’t miss this. She closed her eyes and remember how
she had come to be here.
------

Nyx had been walking around the bland hallways looking for something to do. She had just gotten back from mission and was feeling to restless to sit down and read or draw. So, instead she wandering around, saying hello to people and observing. That was until she saw a closed room with the door cracked open.

Silently she walked open and listen to what was being said. She caught a couple words, like mission, Rumor, and intimidation. After hearing the word, intimidation, she paid closer attention. They talked about sending her, but someone else mention that she had just gotten back from a mission. That was there where she barged in and told them that she would go, and surprisingly they let her. She was after all, one of the best agents.
------

She suddenly came to when she herd someone call her name. Glancing over noticed that they were packing up and leaving. Kevin had thrown the girl in the back of a van and hopped in. I glided up to one of the jeeps, hopped in and watched as Kevin gave the signal to leave.
Last edited by Undertaker on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don't gobblefunk around with words.
— Roald Dahl