z

Young Writers Society

The Lamirghetta (started)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:49 am
TheSailor says...

Spoiler! :
I'd say just go with that you have to scroll. Nothing says you guys don't have it. Plus, Nimue already read it, I think.
"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." - Ernest Hemingway

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:06 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Skyler

I watched the chase, not interfering at all. The two men, who has surprisingly joined forces, paused, exhausted. Now was the time. With a dignified and sort of slow pace, I approached the two men.
"I've been looking for you two. You left something at the library today, chasing after Nimue." He looked at me with a sort of surprised and skeptic look. it was all I needed. I grasped his hand, my eyes clouding as pictures and words flashed by. I focused on nothing, like I was trained, and eventually I saw everything clearly. Childhood memories... no, school lessons... no. Ah ha! The Lamirghetta. I scrolled his information, before withdrawing from a shocked Ithycus.

"Who are you?" The other man asked.

"Please, excuse me. I'm Skyler, but call me sky." I said, hesitantly shaking his hand, gentle as a mouse. In turn, I shook Ithycus' hand. It felt like my father's was, soft but protective.

"Well? What do you want?" Ithycus asked.

"We share a common goal, for a common purpose. We want... the stone, as we will call it, givin our surroundings, the stone not for ourselves, but for the protection of every once else. Since you had already trusted Aegis here, I was wondering if you would... partner with me. Before you think, I just want you to know that I don't want the stone. I want it to be in good hands. And again, think of the logic; two men can protect a blind man better than one. And I don't even know how long... well, that's a lie, I do, but I don't even know if you guys are going to be partners forever, unlike me." I slipped a note into Ithycus' hand, for it held my name, number and adress. Aegis inspected it. "I'd rather you don't come over. Jynx doesn't like visitors." I took off at my dignified pace, Jynx appearing from nowhere and coming after me.
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:59 pm
Lavvie says...

Sorry for all the confusion...

Anyway, for further conversations, I'd rather everyone use the DT.

Thanks,

Lavvi

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:37 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Demorian

Well, even though I lost the only lead I had to the Lamirghetta, I had figured out who I was up against. The woman I was chasing seemed to have some sort of ability that allowed her to change her appearance. Useful in a pinch, but could only really work once against a pursuer. One of the men that was chasing her had the power to teleport himself and anyone around him. He had her pack along with an ally that was smart enough not to show all the cards he had. I also had a feeling that someone knew about me and the ability I had. Perhaps they watched me perform it, but then they would have only seen me teleport from one area to another. It didn't matter how they knew, I had to be careful.

The bigger problem was who had the scroll. The teleporting man took something from the shapeshifter, but I had no way of knowing if the scroll was in the pack. The shapeshifter just kept on running. Well, she was my best source of information at the moment as I had no clue where the two pursuers teleported to. I walked over to the allyway the woman disappeared into and saw that she had met with an ally herself. Well, maybe not ally as she seemed to have trapped the woman in a wall. Powerful magic indeed.

The new woman glanced around and I backed into the shadows. Maybe there was more to her power. Otherwise, how could she have known I had followed. Or that I was a threat. The woman shrugged and looked back at the shapeshifter. I heard her use a name. Nimue. Great, now I had something to go on. The wall melted off of Nimue and the new woman held out her hand. A deal was in the making, and I had to stop it. I had about 5 minutes before I could use my full power again, which meant that I would have to stall if it came to that. Well, if I felt like almost killing myself, I could use it in a pinch but I would rather not.

"Greetings again." I said as I walked out of the shadows. Nimue jumped but the other woman looked to have predicted my appearance, "I'm sorry our meeting was cut short, did those men give you a scare?"

"Um, no." Nimue said and relaxed. I was no threat to her. But the other woman eyed me suspiciously.

"That's good," I said, "who is your friend?"

"None of your business, Demorian." The woman said.

"I am not looking for a conflict." I said.

"I know, but I do know what your goal is."

"And I have suspicions of what your goal is and if I am correct, they are similar, so perhaps a fight would not be a good idea for any of us. Nimue, is it? I think some men took your bag, no?"

Nimue suddenly realized that it was gone and panic started to rise in her again.

"Are you proposing a temporary cease fire?" The woman asked. I think I figured out her power. Something to do with the mind and if I was right, she knew of what I wanted even before I did. Impossible to lie to this one.

"I think you know exactly what I am proposing." I said, "But for Nimue's sake, I'll voice it. I will help you get back at those pursuers of yours if you tell me what was on that scroll."

I wasn't lying. I couldn't lie with such powerful magic directed straight at me. I just hoped they agreed to my proposal. Having an ally such as this one would be more beneficial than it would be to have her as an enemy.
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:11 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Jynx trottong ahead, i heard voices drifting from the alley way.

"... so perhaps a fight would not be a good idea for any of us. Nimue, is it? I think some men took your bag, no?" Nimune! Did they have her? ... best be sure; evil or good, no human should be killed over a scroll. I slid against a wall, carefully watching them. That was not Nimune... no, she had just morphed. She was near a man and a lady. Every now and then I would look over, very careful not to be seen. Though Jynx was not so careful. Happy-go-lucky, he trotted up to the people. They seemed not to see him and continued too chatter.
"Jynx!" I hissed, too low for them to hear well. Jynx ' Raaww!l' ed for them, getting the old lady's attention.
"I'm sorry about him," I voiced, walking like I came from the alley. "He always seems to find trouble."

"No problem," The man said to clenched teeth. Obviously, it was a problem. Should I tell them what I had found? Nimune may find usage in it, but the others, not so much. unless... they were after the Lamirghetta also. Eh, couldn't hurt.

"Nimune." I voiced, giving her a paper. "I found this in a SCROLL I was reading... maybe you would know about it." It simply read ' I visited the Library" I said with emphisis. "by my sister's house today. She told me to get her a scroll from the library. It was about the city of Johun and it's amazing Library. Did you know that they have a wide history section there? One will never know what they may find. I picked up a scroll about some stone types there, and I think you might be interested. Call me if you want it.' It also held my info, and a simple extra message' Keep this safe from wandering eyes'. I dragged Jynx by the collar and led him from the alley.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:25 pm
jok101 says...

*I'm gonna make a post now, I'm gonna ignore dragon writers one just because it make no sense and is kind of just complicating the situation of who has the scroll further, plus it sounds a bit like she thinks it's in modern times, I thought it was based in more middle age era, I could be wrong though. :D *

Nirak

I watched the three people down below, Nimune and Aurora were the ones I had heard of, The man who had entered the fray was I knew nothing of. I had been tracking Nimune for days now waiting for her to make the move on the scroll. Of course I hadn't predicted her persuers and the situation had quickly gotten out of hand. Aurora had chosen to make her move any way. Sorcerers with strong powers normly over estimated themselves it was why most of them died before their second Hundred. I'd heard of Aurora from other Sorcerers she'd made a name for her self in her long life.

* All I can post at the moment without god modding*

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:38 am
Light_Devil! says...

Aegis

Aegis glanced at the piece of paper in Ithycus's hand, he shrugged, "I don't care. Jake didn't get a chance to test his Siding, but he got a whiff of it. Sky's not a goody-goody. I'm just not entirely sure he's on the same side we are. We can go meet him. But I'm not entirely sure about this Jinx character..."

Ithycus sighed, "Do you still have the bag?"

"Yeah. While I'm talking about it, I think I can still use some of her magic essence that's been imbued into it to mimic her ability for a few seconds. Why?" Aegis asked, rolling his shoulders, trying to relax after the chase.

"Well. Is there anything important in it?"

Aegis shrugged and giggled a little, "It'd be a bit rude to go through someone else's bag, wouldn't it?"

Ithycus snatched it from here, "You and your fickle manners. Hmmmm... what is this?"

"What?"
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:57 am
GrantBlayfur says...

Kuutran

Kuutran skip-walked through the crowds, shuffling his cards absent mindedly. As he passed around a corner he spotted pockets of sorcerers and sorceress' either attacking their rivals or teaming up with them. Just how he liked his adventures - gah, this stuff could be so much fun!

He decided that, rather than get into the excitement just now, he would see how much he could figure out on his own. After all, what's the point in a game if all you did was piggy back on the deeds of others? Darting back into the alleys, he pulled out his deck, shuffled them, and drew out a card at random. A puff of pink smoke creeped out of the card, and transformed into a man's face. Kuutran giggled; he loved the personality of this particular card.

"Hello, oh mighty Kuutran. How may I serve you today?" The cloudy face stared sternly at Kuutran, then a small smile crept to it's lips. Then the cloud eruptedin laughter. "Aahh, I'm so sorry, but I can't be serious like that for long! What can I do for you, Kuutran?"

Kuutran chuckled. "Hello old friend...I am searching for something. A stone. It's called- "

"The Lamirghetta? Yup, been there, done that. Not really, but you know what I mean, right? No? Whatever. What, do you want me to find it for you?"

Kuutran shrugged. "Not necessarily. Do you have any idea where I should start looking?"

The cloud huffed a bit of pink smoke in Kuutran's face. "Oh, suddenly this is an 'I' thing? What happened to 'we'? Nevermind, not important. Well, I was conversing with the other cards and apparently one of the other magic-y people in this crowd has a scroll with instructions on obtaining the Lamirghetta. Why not go after that?"

"Very well. You have been a great help. Thanks." With that, Kuutran whipped his arm through the cloud, making it disappear. He then slid his deck into his pocket and rejoined the crowd, peering for the person who had the scroll.

Does anybody else passive-aggressively refresh the page to see if anything you said made it into the quote generator?
— GrandWild