z

Young Writers Society

The Lamirghetta (started)

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:15 pm
Lavvie says...

The Lamirghetta DT (where the story will be written--starts when all spots are filled): topic68880.html

What it is:

The Lamirghetta is a stone of unknown power, forever being hunted by good and evil. Where it is, nobody is exactly sure and now, there is a number of people who wish to possess it. They're all sorcerers/sorceresses but no one knows what side they're on exactly. And throughout their journey to acquire the Lamirghetta, their loyalties may change for better or for worse.

Who they are:

They are a group of sorcerers and sorceresses, with one goal in mind: to retrieve the Lamirghetta for their own use and side. If evil acquires the stone, then evil shall possess the land and if good acquires the stone, then let it be good that reigns over the land. Now, each of these people have a specific magical trait, be it invisibility, mind-reading or camouflage. Not one sorcerer or sorceress has the same ability and nor can they combine them--as it is the magical law and because they are loyal to no one but themselves.

Rules:
~ No swearing. I know you'd like to, but it ruins the elegance of writing, I find.
~ No God-modding. It goes without saying.
~ Stick to your character. In this case, it's the personality and appearance. Of course, changing "sides" is acceptable, but your loyalties lie only where you wish them to and the other characters should be always unknowing to where they lie.
~ No naughty stuff. Kissing is allowed, but love isn't a priority with your character.

Spots:

Only 10, including me (LavenderBlue) and GrantBlayfur.

1. Nimue, a sorceress (Ability to change her facial features)=LavenderBlue
2. Kuutran, a sorcerer (Spirits drawn from tarot cards)=GrantBlayfur
3. Aurora, a sorceress (Telepathy/mind control)=TheSailor
4. Talinea, a sorceress (Manipulation of the weaker folk)=Kiwisatsuma
5. Demorian, a sorcerer (Ability to slow time down)=TheGreatIthy
6. Ithycus (Burns), a sorcerer (Teleportation)=RedBird
7. Celena, a sorceress (Manipulation of Lunar energy)=MayApple
8. Aegus (Marelk), a sorcerer (Ability to mimic some powers)=Light_Devil!
9. Skyler (Claimer), a sorceress (Memory extraction)= DragonWriterFanatic
10. Narak, a sorcerer (Telekinesis--or however spelled)=jok101

Profile:

Name:

Gender (if you're male, you're a sorcerer, female, you're a sorceress):

Age (in the hundreds, though they resemble youths):

Side (as the character portrays themself in the beginning. We won't know exactly until the SB is finished):

Personality:

Appearance:

Special ability (make sure nobody has the same one):

Other (special tattoo, pet, robe etc. NO SONGS):

Keep in mind, no character has to stick to their "side". They can change it unknowingly or hint to it during the SB.

If I missed anything, PM me (LavenderBlue) or GrantBlayfur (who helped).
Last edited by Lavvie on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:54 am, edited 16 times in total.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

522 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:18 pm
Lavvie says...

Incomplete, will edit later.

Name: Nimue

Gender (if you're male, you're a sorcerer, female, you're a sorceress): Female/Sorceress

Age (in the hundreds, though they resemble youths): 456 (looks about 20)

Side (as the character portrays themself in the beginning. We won't know exactly until the SB is finished): Good

Personality: Nimue is very exact, making sure every spell is cast correctly, following every magic law. Of course, when needed, Nimue will dare to break one or two of the magical laws...and if dire, several magical laws. Nimue is also very fierce, especially when she feels humiliated/mocked. If ever faced with something frightening and/or tough, Nimue will still challenge it, no matter what (she's stubborn). Because of her stubborness, she is often captured by her enemies.

Appearance: She has delicate features, but her eyes show a fierceness that many don't dare to defy.
Spoiler! :

Special ability (make sure nobody has the same one): Ability to change her facial features, so a version of disguises, but only applying to the face.

Other (special tattoo, pet, robe etc. NO SONGS): Nimue always wears this opal necklace, and never parts with it, thought no one knows the reason why, except Nimue herself.
Spoiler! :
Last edited by Lavvie on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:22 pm
GrantBlayfur says...

Name: Kuutran (pronounced Coo-tran)

Gender (if you're male, you're a sorcerer, female, you're a sorceress): Male/Sorcerer

Age (in the hundreds, though they resemble youths): 582 (appears 14. He ages gracefully.)

Side (as the character portrays themself in the beginning. We won't know exactly until the SB is finished): Good

Personality: Just plain weird. Babbles to himself often. Likes to be funny and laugh. Incrediby intelligent; can see things in people/places/etc that no one else notices. However, he belives that if he tells people the things he noticies they will know too much about him. Paranoid, basically.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Special ability (make sure nobody has the same one): Can draw out spirits from special tarot cards he owns to help him in battle, give advice, etc. This power drains his energy, however, and he can only call one spirit forth at a time.

Other (special tattoo, pet, robe etc. NO SONGS): Because he's semi crazy, he trie to turn everything into a game, even if it's a matter of life and death. Life, too him, is a game to be won.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:10 am
TheSailor says...

Name: Aurora

Gender (if you're male, you're a sorcerer, female, you're a sorceress): Female

Age (in the hundreds, though they resemble youths): Very old, 746, but looks like she is 16. Seems to age two years for every hundred.

Personality: Incredibly intelligent, witty, sarcastic, charming, charismatic, and mature, but prone to major mood swings that put her in a terrible brooding black moods. She doesn't open up to people easily, but when she does, she gets attached to them quickly. Because she doesn't open up easily, she bottles up all of her emotions, and may appear cold and uncaring to some people when they try to talk to her about certain things.

Appearance: She has white blonde hair in tight ringlets that is almost down to her hips in length. Bright green eyes. Pretty face. Pale skin. Wears loose flowing clothing that is all bright colors and has bells and things that dangle sewn on. It resembles the wear of gypsies. Never wears shoes.

Special ability (make sure nobody has the same one): Has amazing mental ability. She can read the minds of anything living near her, and sense their emotions. She has telepathic powers that allow her control over all of her brain, letting her manipulate and control the world around her to an extent: including moving objects, and changing their appearance mildly to hide them.

Other (special tattoo, pet, robe etc. NO SONGS): She has the sign for infinity (looks like a sideways eight) tattooed on the webbing between every finger. Often is seen with a coin on her knuckles twirling it back and forth across her hand.
Last edited by TheSailor on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." - Ernest Hemingway

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:08 pm
Kiwisatsuma says...

Name: Talinea

Gender (if you're male, you're a sorcerer, female, you're a sorceress): Female

Age (in the hundreds, though they resemble youths): 217 (quite young compared to others. Looks about 16)

Side (as the character portrays themself in the beginning. We won't know exactly until the SB is finished): Evil

Personality: Young, ambitious and power hungry. She looks out for herself, and believes that there's no point fighting unless you gain something for yourself from it. She has a wild streak and likes to experiment with magic and create new spells. Usually she only makes an effort to befriend people if she thinks they'll be useful to her, but she can grow attached to people she's known for a long time, though she tries not to. She was engaged to a boy from her local town, but she was sick of being told what to do and struck out on her own to seek her own destiny.

Appearance: Brown eyes, freckles and a thick braid of dark brown hair. Has a deceptively kind, friendly face. Is wearing rough, practical clothes and leather boots. Looks like a simple village girl.

Special ability (make sure nobody has the same one): She can manipulate and control weaker people and force them to do her bidding, although strong willed people are able to resist her powers.

Other (special tattoo, pet, robe etc. NO SONGS): She's worried that her parents are searching for her to try and bring her back because she's disgraced them by leaving, so she's unwilling to reveal details about where she's from to people she meets, in case her parents come across them later.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:17 pm
Lavvie says...

Six more spots available.

Lavvi

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:43 am
TheGreatIthy says...

Sounds like fun! I'm in!

Name: Demorian

Gender (if you're male, you're a sorcerer, female, you're a sorceress): Male. Sorcerer

Age (in the hundreds, though they resemble youths): 221 looks to be about 19.

Side (as the character portrays themself in the beginning. We won't know exactly until the SB is finished): Evil

Personality: Demorian is cold and calculating, preferring to hang back and observe his surroundings. He will usually hang out in the shadows waiting for his opportunity to strike and when he does, the enemy doesn't know what hit him. Demorian is a quiet man and doesn't like to stand out for fear of attracting too much attention. He has a fear of having too many people around him and will look for an escape if he feels the crowd is getting too big. He is looking for the Lamirghetta as a possible means of furthering his powers.

Appearance: He has jet black, shoulder length hair and bright green eyes that seem to glow because of his dark features and skin tone. He always wears dark clothing in an attempt to appear uninteresting and thus, not a threat. He is very lean, like a runner and there is not much to him in terms of size.

Special ability (make sure nobody has the same one): Power to slow down time. Appears to his foes that he is teleporting, but in actuality, their movements have slowed down and he is just walking out of the way. Uses a lot of energy and can only be used for a few seconds at a time before.

Other (special tattoo, pet, robe etc. NO SONGS): A tattoo of a Yin-Yang on his chest. Origin of his powers.
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:54 am
jok101 says...

Name: Narak

Side: Good but has learnt over his long life that sometimes the greater good requires act's of great evil.

personality: he's warm and kind but sometimes surprises you by speaking very bluntly. Unlike some sorcerers he appreciates company and is unlikely to strike down a friendly companion. Beware if you betray him he'll get pissed off, he spent three hundred years searching for a the sorceress who tried to kill him.

appearance: brown hair that goes to his neck he has morning shadow almost all the time, he has broad shoulders and Enough muscles to look strong but not to the extent he looks like a creepy bodybuilder. he tends to stand out in the crowd.

ability: telekinesis

other : he hunts the stone only in the hope that he can protect it.

note: what tim period is this set in and is it are world or another world, just asking cause I wasn't sure.
Last edited by jok101 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:44 pm
Lavvie says...

4/5 spots open, depending whether jok101 amkes their profile more specific or not :)

Lavvi

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:28 pm
TheSailor says...

When do you think we will start? If we do get enough people.
"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." - Ernest Hemingway

522 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:52 pm
Lavvie says...

Jok101 isn't replying to my message, so I'd say we have five people (including me). I say we start the 11th of September. I'll start us off with a post first, and then you all can go nuts :D

We won't have my preferred 10 people, but those who are late in entering can still join :)

Lavvi

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:22 pm
RedBird says...

Name: Ithycus Burns

Side: Appears to be on what would be declared as "evil" by most, but he truly believes that controlling the Lamirghetta and using it to negatively change things in the world will lead to everyone being happier. In other words, he's delusional.

Personality: He's generally pretty earnest, but he is also sarcastic and doesn't like others telling him what to do. He is very intelligent, and he plans to use the Lamirghetta to change the world negatively, believing that doing so will help it to rebuild and strengthen. He is also protective of anyone who is close to him, and although he has no family, if you become his friend, he will protect you to the upmost of his abilities, short of sacrificing himself. He's just not that kind of guy.

Appearance: He has dark hair with a smattering of freckles. He is also blind, so his blue eyes are foggy, but his hearing his acute enough to be something akin to echolocation. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://men-haircuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Teen-men-hairstyle-with-long-bangs_fashion-hairstyle.jpg&imgrefurl=http://men-haircuts.com/teenage-boy-hair-haircuts-in-2010/&h=434&w=294&sz=40&tbnid=5ML9TmV4j0jyvM:&tbnh=126&tbnw=85&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dteenage%2Bboy&zoom=1&q=teenage+boy&usg=__Ne9fyI-YzDGk5_L5gGDSYhGQC9E=&sa=X&ei=A7uGTMCqHYu6sAP1os3UCg&ved=0CB4Q9QEwAg

Special ability: Teleportation of himself, as well as anything that he is touching (so if he's touching someone, and teleports, they will as well).

Other: Has a pet bat, named Loki
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

Reviews: 4
Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:15 am
View Likes
MayApple says...

Name: Celena

Gender (if you're male, you're a sorcerer, female, you're a sorceress): Sorceress

Age (in the hundreds, though they resemble youths): 345

Personality: She is contrary to what people expect from her. She is quite sweet, kind, and fun loving. She can be secretive at times, though she usually is pretty open. She is usually quite bubbly and sweet, though she will unexpectedly become dark really quickly. Some people say she is bi=polar, and it wouldn't be a far fetched guess. She changes moods quickly.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Special ability (make sure nobody has the same one): She is able to control/manipulate Lunar Energy. For more about what exactly this includes http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Magic-Powers-of-the-Moon&id=604229. It works best at night, though she has some limited powers during the day.

Other (special tattoo, pet, robe etc. NO SONGS):

She has this tattoo on her right shoulder:

Spoiler! :

But it disappears during the day. During a full moon it's blue. During a blue moon it shines gold.
Last edited by MayApple on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:08 pm
Lavvie says...

This is really picking up. We may start earlier than the 11th if we fill up totally. If there's still spots open, though, we'll keep the date at the 11th.

Lavvi

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:23 pm
Light_Devil! says...

Ooo! Can I join? It's been so long since I've been in an SB, I'm not even sure I have any original characters to make up any more! :D

Name: Aegis Marelk

Age Appearance: 17 (Actually around 333 - half evil. :P)

Side: Evil, though he is... unknowingly evil... You will understand later. :P. (YAY!)

Personality: Aegis is cunning and witty. He is the evil guy you just can't imagine being evil, unless you see him in the act. Aegis is... a bit weird. He sees good acts as bad acts and bad acts as good. So if you're evil, he will think your the best thing since sliced bread - (That have that in this world, right?) He is twisted and likes a laugh. He will always join into a conversation for he's usually completely oblivious of manners and the like. He's a little bit quirky too... Don't expect everything he says to make sense.

Appearance: *Drools* http://nheira.deviantart.com/art/veil-175273616

Special ability: He can understand the powers of others and mimic parts of them, but only when in close contact.

Other: Up for love. Oh, and he has a small snake which he carries around in his clothes, it's name is Jake (and he often calls it Jakey Snakey). He swears he can talk to it, but that is often... questionable. (Underneath is the link to what it looks like, also Aegis is never totally sure where it is, beware.)
Spoiler! :
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

Don't gobblefunk around with words.
— Roald Dahl