z

Young Writers Society

The Chosen [Started!]

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:32 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

((We just started, mixed. You should be able to bring yourself in just fine.))
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:40 pm
SisterItaly says...

((I know but I'm brain dead... cant think straight at all))
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:09 pm
Lethero says...

Zeki Zuman - The Hacker - 11:05

"So, were you able to see anything," Tobi asked me as we made our way through the streets.

"Nothing as usual," I replied. "It's a damn shame they cut off all wireless in and out of here. From what I can see, anything important in on government base." I pulled out my PDA out handed it to Tobi. "But I did find something that might be of use."

I watched as Tobi scanned the PDA screen, obviously confused about what it meant. He handed it back to me and asked, "What is, all I see is a list of names and symbols."

I smiled, somewhat amused by his ignorance and replied, "What you saw was a list of names for the next shift of guards." I pulled up a guard's name on my PDA and pointed to a symbol next to it (†). "That person has the first part of a two-part code." I pulled up another name and pointed to a different symbol by his name (‡). "He has the second part."

"How do know this is accurate?"

"They have a procedure, in case they need to get out one of their own. They know there is people in here with psychic abilities like you, so they keep the number of guards who know the code few. They are less aware of my talents, so there's very little security on their technology. But anyways, I did some digging in their files and found a manual that talks about emergency situations. It explained, that if they ever need to open the gates, people with those symbols should be contacted."

Tobi considered this for a second, and asked, "Do we have any pictures of these people? Maybe even where they patrol?"

"Couldn't tell you," I replied. "Like I said, important stuff like that is kept away from here."
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:49 pm
Moo says...

I'll bring you in.

Tobi Smith // 'Psyche' // 11:07 PM

"If only we could find a way..." He broke off abruptly, turning his head to eye the chrome gates that led to Eden with a look that almost mirrored longing. The upper class section of the city was home to the human residents; mostly the Nocturne and their families. It was ridiculous even to suggest trying to break into the Eden computer system- It was the most heavily guarded section of the city, thriving with countless guards.

"It's useless hoping Tobi. We'd never get through those gates. Not with our numbers. We'll just have to bide our time," Zeki sighed with a shrug, as Tobi passed his PDA back to him. The streets seemed even darker without the screen light that it had provided.

Finally they came to their destination. A dilapidated little house sagged into the dry concrete ahead of them, the windows shadowy and lifeless. Tobi opened his mind briefly, hearing only silence. The street was empty.

He nodded quietly towards Zeki as they motioned carefully to the iron door on the house. Tobi raised his small fist to knock the door twice, pausing before knocking once more. The sequence was mirrored from the other side, before a thin slit opened in the door.

"Yes?" came a female voice, one that Tobi instantly recognised. It was Rosalie, or Black Rose as the Order called her. He thought it unusual that she would be on door duty. Zeki replied with the password. Today's was Latin, Tobi was not sure what it meant; though the passwords typically had something to do with liberation.

The door clicked open, and they quickly slipped inside.
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:15 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Eric Thomas//Neptune//11:09

Black rose opened the door letting him inside. Hacker and Psyche walked in. It was such a relief not to be on the door, I hated it. You can recognise the voice but there is always doubt in the back of your mind. What if it isn't them. I was slouched in an old beaten red chair. The tassels at the bottom had been singed and it reeked of something horrid. Psyche always had a certain feel about him when he entered a room. He has a sense of longing, of hope, where as the rest of us had given that up so long ago it is nothing but a distant memory now.

(Sorry if that's wrong I just wanted to bring myself in XD)
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:28 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Maia

Maia was in her usual seat in the corner, watching with a practiced eye. Once she recognized the two she relaxed, sighing. Maia was relatively new to the group, and still very uneasy around them. She glanced up at the corner, where an shadow hung like a shroud. Denys. Denys was always there, speaking to her. He followed her around most of the time, taking on her shape on the ground, or the wall.

"I still think this is a bad idea, dear," he whispered. His voice was soft and hissing.

"They could help us."

"I doubt it. You're only going to get yourself in trouble, dear... You don't need them. You don't need anyone."

"I want to stay with them," she snapped, "leave me alone."

The shadow sighed. Maia's gaze went back to the others. A few gave her very strange looks, but most of them had been around her long enough to understand that this was normal.
Last edited by gsppcrocks10 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

Reviews: 0
Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:47 pm
PikaPika says...

Sorry this took so long Moo D: . I did get it done, and here it is x)

Name: Ayden Ashworth

Order Name: Cyclone

Appearance: Ayden is average height for her age. She has long brown hair, with a hint of red in it. Her eyes are a stunning blue colour, but can look more indigo at certain times, her eyes lashes are long and stand out well from her face, almost looking like they are fake She is naturally skinny, very few curves on her, as well as slender legs which help her flexibility, and to help her run.

Personality:
Ayden is a quiet person, she doesn’t tend to talk to many people. She tends to get angry quite a lot, for no reason, and summons air throwing things around her. She is very cheeky, having never learnt to respect anyone. She does tend to sweet talk a lot of people into doing some stupid little jobs for her.

History: Ayden was raised in a reasonably wealthy family, getting everything she wanted. As she got older, she got very snobby, until one day she flicked her arm and the wind suddenly changed to the direction she moved her arm to. Her parents found out about this and sent her straight off to Nox, where she brutally tortured, leaving the scar that goes across her right eye.

Ability: Air; Can create breezes, remove air from her enemy’s throats* create small storms* control massive cyclones and create air blades* and use wind to allow her to glide*.

Elemental familiar: A stellar sea eagle.

Strengths: Her main strength is her flexibility helping her get out of tight areas it also helps her in a fight. Her other strengths include the way she can sweet talk people to let her into area’s where she shouldn’t be. She knows a lot of areas which she can get alone time, from people not the cameras.

Weaknesses: Her random mood changes, her shyness as well as her cheekiness can get her into deep trouble. She has a bad habit of spitting when walking, and usually tends to try and annoy the guards off even though she knows it will result in a torturing punishment.

Serial Number: 190470738

Other: She has a scar going across her right eye, a memory she doesn’t like talking about. Also, she is up for love and a friendship. PM for any offers. :P
Last edited by PikaPika on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never say never..

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:07 pm
AquaMarine says...

Jason Roberts - Arctic - 11:10

Meetings,s, Jason thought, as he hurried along a side street towards the HQ, I really, really hate the damn things. Planning was all well and good - it was essential - but at the previous meeting, the first one he'd ever been to, Jason has been frustrated at the slow pace everything has moved at. The rational part of his brain knew it wasn't anyone's fault: it wasn't like Jason's previous attempts, when he only had to worry about himself, there were so many people to think about that it couldn't be rushed into. And Nox was becoming more and more well guarded; it was improbable to think that they would leave without careful planning. But still, it didn't stop him desperately wanting to fast-forward everything until the crucial moment.

Nox was quiet tonight, and there weren't any guards in the vicinity. At times like these, it would be easy for one to forget that they were actually a prisoner in this city - until, of course, someone else was shot for breaking the rules.

Jason paused outside the ruined house that served as a headquarters - not that it was as dilapidated on the inside. He knocked, and whispered the password: Expugno, a latin word which meant to overcome or gain. He was nervous, walking into HQ. It was only his second meeting, and he knew a few names, but had no friends in the group as of yet. Any large group of people made Jason nervous, and this was the largest he'd encountered since entering Nox: previously there was just groups of friends, no organisations.

He nodded quickly in the general direction of people, and took the nearest seat.
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:18 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Cassidy Fletcher/ Boomer/ 11: 13

I was late, late, late.

To an Order meeting? No. I meant I was supposed to have done the dishes thirteen minutes ago, and I hadn't. Laurie's Diner ran on a strict schedule, and Miss Laurie herself was to come check. No Order meeting for me tonight. I was left with three hours in a diner's worth of dishes. Here I cursed that we hadn't switched to disposable -my idea, can you believe- and broke out the big water shooters, sliding them under with a packet of soap. Mmkay, those were done, next round!

I whined and waved my hands in circles, begging the dishes to hurry up, cleaning wise. I ran into the kitchen, then the serving area, and patted Rochelle's shoulder.

"Cover me!" I mouthed before running back to the dishwashing station. Burning my hand on steamy-hot metal, I yanked the lever down and slid in the bundle of silverware. Last things. I heard the click, click, click of Laurie's corporate heels on the linoleum, her insistence of being classy 'despite the infestation of mutts' in Nox evident. Needless to say, she had no idea why I treasured my headphones so much.

"Miss Laurie! Would you like to sample the new pie? Angelo made a new recipe two days ago."

"No thank you, Rachel."

"Rochelle."

"Yes, yes. Now, how was the income today?"

"Strong, rather, we had a lot of workers in today."

I heard Miss Laurie mumble "mutts" and then she brushed by Rochelle.

Nice timing, silverware. It'd just popped out the cleaner stand, sparkling next to the stacks of china.

Saved by Rochelle, Angelo's pie, and speed cleaning.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:28 pm
SisterItaly says...

Black Rose

I sat by the door, waiting for anyone else who may be late. Neptune glanced over at me, I gave him an irritated glare. But nonetheless he came over and sat beside me. I glared at him, but he didn't get the message and leave. I sighed and decided to ignore him. Why couldn't people understand that there are times when a girl just wants to be alone.
"Rosalie are you okay?" He asked. I felt my face redden. I turned to him, all emotion hidden behind my mask.
"Don't ever call me that." I muttered, turning back to face nothing. He turned to me a bit more, I clenched my jaw, steaming up.
"What?" He asked, innocently, but not innocently enough. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him closer.
"Don't. Call. Me. That." I warned, letting him co and crossing my arms.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:39 pm
zayer22 says...

If this passage was a preview on a book I would read it. However, this passage alone left me puzzled. To me, it made no sence. If there were more to read, I would.

Reviews: 0
Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm
PikaPika says...

Ayden Ashworth // Cyclone // 11:20

She walked about the streets of the area, blood pouring out of another wound on her head she had gotten not that long ago. She raised a hand wearily to it, touching it lightly before wincing and muttering aloud, ‘God dammit, why do I get so many beatings.’

She scowled, just as a guard walked by, ‘Excuse me, have you not had enough beatings already, now you’re giving a guard dirty looks?’ He said, with a grunt.

‘I have, and I wasn’t giving you a dirty look, I touched the wound on my head, and It hurt.’

‘Good it should hurt.’

‘Joyful.’ She murmured under her breath, in a sarcastic way.

‘Hmm, you shouldn't’t be out now, should you, It’s well past half ten. You better get back to your bedroom, or I’ll make that wound worse, and maybe give you some more to make faces at.’

‘I was heading back to my room, sir’

‘Good.’ And with that, he walked away.

She watched him walk away, rolling her eyes, before starting to walk again. She lifted her hand up again, somehow interested by the large wound on her head. She jabbed it with a finger three times before moving her hand down again.

She turned a corner, the street becoming even darker than usual. She looked for the usual like she saw once she turned that corner but there was nothing. She turned around, while walking backwards she walked right into a door, she spun around, feeling for the handle.

She grabbed onto the door handle, the street still to dark to see. She pulled the door towards her, with no luck as the door didn’t move. She sighed, not even bothering to even try and push it. She banged on the door twice before turning around and sliding down onto the ground, touching the cut on her head once more.

She muttered under her breath, ‘I bet any money, another guard will come over here, and beat me up.’

She nearly fell asleep before hearing a noise, people talking. She couldn't’t make out what they were saying but she knew she heard people talking.

(Sorry, bringing my character in)
Never say never..

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:17 pm
SporkPunk says...

Troy Callahan//Nolan//11:15

Behind my Spiderman comic, I read a book. I wasn't usually a fan of Henry David Thoreau, but his work intrigued me. Civil Disobedience. Obviously banned by Eden...but I had my ways of obtaining things. I glanced at my watch, mourning the fact that I couldn't control time. Oh sure, I could turn the hands back by looking at it...but I couldn't actually reverse time. I was late, too late, for a meeting. I sighed. My favorite part of the meetings was messing with The Hacker's PDA. From across the room, I could make it lock up, play annoying tones, or show inappropriate videos. His exasperated expression was the best! I wondered to myself if he figured out it was me yet...I shrugged to myself and looked around. There were so many machines in here. I could make the register spit out cash, or make the pilot light on the ovens go out if I so chose. But I didn't. I did most of that last week.

Standing up to go and wander around, I saw the dishwasher girl. The machine behind her had a rinsing mechanism. I got an idea. I flicked my wrist and the nozzle began to spray furiously. She looked back and began to panic. I ran in. "I can fix it!"

"You can...?" she asked, eyebrow cocked in doubt.

"No, I just said that because I like to make random outbursts. Yes, I can." I flicked my wrist again and it stopped. I grinned winningly at the girl.

She wasn't impressed.

I saw her headphones, and heard the faint static sound of music. "I know that song," I said, more casually than before this time.

((Was that okay?))
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:42 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Cassidy Fletcher/ Boomer/ 11: 16 PM

I nodded. "Anberlin. Reclusion. Good song." I left out the bit where I screamed at him to get out, out, out of the kitchen, my shift was up and I wasn't supposed to be caught after hours. But there was no way I could get past this one- he was tried to butter me up, probably, and I would have to let him know he wasn't. I could hear the click-click-clicking coming closer though... bad, bad, bad.... oooh...

"Uh, gotta go!" I yelped, shoving him to the side (serving for eight years gave me some muscles) and bolting out of the side door. Running, running, running, around the building once, and then up the fire escape, before I could hear the boy getting up a floor below. Sound freak, remember? Comes with super hearing.

Heart hammering, slumped below the window (which meant my head was basically level with the floor) and still hanging halfway onto the red grate metal, I could still hear the strains of the chorus, my headphones halfway on and halfway on my neck.

There's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around. They don't know they're dead to me cause intent never makes a sound.

And then I hear more footsteps on the fire escape.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:44 pm
Pernicious says...

Remorse Ford | Friction

Hiemal. Taciturn. Solitary. Remorse could think of more descriptive words to describe this hell on Earth; Nox, but she instead concentrated on fighting these bitter conditions. Occasionally, she would wince from the sharp frost-bite pains within her fingers, but after she hid them in her mouth and began to nibble on them, the cold would be chased away by her humid breath.

What was the time? Wasn't she meant to be doing something?

Various thoughts lingered for mere moments within Remorse's head. Each passed as another came; but only a single thought was capable of staying in her mind throughout them all.

The HQ. She was meant to be there.

Respiring some previously bundled oxygen as a visible, hot and steamy cloud of carbon dioxide; with this she emitted a groan, implying the fact she didn't want to have to walk to the meeting. But, despite this, she did anyway.

A lone guard stood in the nebulous road. She needed to get past him, and this to others that had never been to Nox would seem easy, but guards around here were arresting folk just for a sinister look.

Oh, how badly she wanted to toy with him. Why pass down such an oppurtunity for some entertainment in this fatigued world?

Lifting a hand, she elevated the thin bandana upon her forehead, thereby removing a few strands of hair from dangling infront of her eyes. Spoiling her timid demeanor was a dire smirk, of which revealed her pallid enamels. They glowed within the obscure scenery; she was religious for finding ways to keep them clean and alabaster. Relaxing her lips so that her teeth were hidden again, with this, she began to crouch in the cloak of shadows cast down from the buildings to the left of her.

A bulge within the guard's pocket had a distinct shape to it; it was obviously some sort of communication device, a mobile perhaps. Either way, it was electronical. Her talent in which she exelled in. Her bronze irises began to throb and gradually mutated into an ochre hue. This meant she was concentrating her energy into one big mass and was readying herself to distrupt the electrics around her. A lot may be effected by her following actions, but the mobile would be the only object that would brake. Gracefully, she blinked. Whilst reopening her eyes, they had returned to their normal pigment. During this elegant blink, every electronical based item had gone A-wall. Ringing continuously despite the fact nobody was calling it was the guard's mobile.

Immediately, instinct struck her and she took cover. She obviously didn't want to be caught for this, and so would wait for this guard to be long gone before she made her next appearance. Before he left, the guard got excessively fustrated and flung his mobile airborne. He stormed aside in an instant, enabling Remorse to gain hold of his phone. Slipping her hand up her own shirt, she began to wipe the sludge off of the phone screen. Her clothing was already muddy, so this wouldn't matter.

Would this be of some use? Highly unlikely she thought. But prank calls would be most satisfying during these dull days in Nox.

Sprinting towards the crumbling settlement used as the meeting base for the organization she was part of with the mobile clutched within her sweaty fist, she took no time in slamming her fist into the door. Of course she made a racket, but it was still inaudible to those at far distances like guards. Remorse briefly rotated her cranium and viewed a solitary girl behind her; smothered with wounds that were oozing crimson fluid. Gritting her teeth, she knew of course this would be the art of the savage guards. Pushing past the mid-opening door inpatiently now that her mood had dimmed, Remorse still nodded with thanks towards the person that had opened the door for her.

Spotting Tobi from a distance, she swaned over to him; a look in her eye that made her seem lost whilst she was scuttling, although she wasn't at all. She slided down the wall evenly beside him, neck extended so she could talk to him without a fuss.

"I saw a girl outside... She was basically one substantial blob of blood... I want out of here. Tonight. Isn't there any action we could take instantly?"

Tobi turned his head barely to have her gaze locked with his. It would be easy for him to pick up on her distress, but hidden deep within that was a glimmer of excitement. Due to this, he questioned her.

"But despite that..? You've obviously done, discovered or found something. I can tell; don't underestimate me."

"Like I do anyway." Remorse murmured in a muted, yet still aimed for him to hear tone. She stuffed the mobile into his hands, making sure he had a strong hold on it since she had caked it with her sweat before releasing.

"I haven't bothered to have a look at it myself, but it could be a source for some entertainment." Towards the end of this sentence, Remorse abruptly trailed off. She leaned to the opposite side from where Tobi was and rested her head on the wooden floor. By doing this, she was able to hear the rodents scurrying up and down the floorboards. Of course she shuddered, even though she had been around filthy vermin before she was still grossed out by them.

Her heavy eyelids eventually closed and Remorse drifted off after a surprisingly eventful day. Nothing had gone successfully, it never did in Nox, but she at least didn't have to aimlessly walk through the streets like a zombie, she instead could have a little more mischeivous fun since there was a lacking of guards. Amassing off into a deep sleep, Remorse certainly didn't want to remain conscious of her surroundings, she preferred to be in deep sleeps, for the dreams of emerald meadows, real smiles and a natural lifestyle seemed so much more real.

I've recently been having some electricity problems, so if I'm not on or don't respond regularly, please do excuse me, since I may not have internet access. It should be sorted, but don't think I've dropped out if I go idle.

And another thing, inform me of anything I could improve on. This is seriously my first.. story RP thread at 22:40 o.o'. I don't really know how these things work, but I think I have the idea. I've read the forums about them and stuff, but any advise on further posts would be gratefully accepted.

And another, other thing... Sorry for it being so God damn long D:
"Lost time is never found again."

-Benjamin Franklin

Every empire tells itself and the world that it is unlike all other empires.
— Edward Said