Young Writers Society

The Chosen [Started!]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:04 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Nerina - "Kali" | HQ | 6:15pm:

I sat near the door, my eyes on the hacker as he did whatever he did. Suddenly he talked to someone over the radio and then left, without arming himself. Sighing, I let him go and looked around, bored. Why did I have to get stuck on the door.

Nerina, please. I looked for the source of the voice and saw the panther, my panther. Be happy with what you have. And then he faded away.

He has a point, I thought and stood up. I started pacing, back and forth. Back and forth. I just could not stay still at the moment. Eventually, I sat down and looked at the door, frowning. Would Hacker need to be armed? Then again, it was the armory and apparently no one was in there.

Shaking my head, I settled back into my chair and closed my eyes, welcoming the darkness. I would wait and I would man the door, like I was told. The rest would come later. I could wait; I could do whatever I wanted later.... once I got out of this hell hole. A hell hole called Nox.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:25 am
SporkPunk says...

Troy // Nolan // 6:12pm

Boomer and I ran hurriedly to HQ. Something big was going down; I could feel it. And we missed it. I uttered a low string of curse words. I genuinely wanted to help, but at this point it looked as if Boomer and I were becoming an afterthought. Superfluous.

We arrived, greeted by the sight of Zeki staring at computer monitors. He wasn't truly there; I knew his power. Even though he couldn't hear me, I stifled a chuckle with a cough. "Watch this, Boomer."

While Zeki's powers and mine seemed similar, they weren't. He was essentially a human computer, not unlike an android. He could access computers no problem, but he couldn't control the other computers. That's where I came in. Where he needed to use hacking skills to gain access to off-limits information, I merely had to take control and open the file. Firewalls and passwords didn't enter into it, I'd never needed to bypass anything like that. When I seized control, I became that computer. In a way.

I seized partial control of the computer, taking care not to mess up anything Order related. He had a monitor that looked fairly useless, it was watching a street corner. Blinking, the video changed to an old non-Noxian children's show. Strange, pudgy, colored beings frolicked in a green wonderland, singing in gibberish. I wondered if Zeki could sense my presence, or if my powers had developed enough to disguise me.

I could hear Boomer giggling as I reverted back to the room. "Nice," was all she said.

"Apparently they're on a Scouting/Recon mission, according to some of Regal's memos. What do you propose we do?" I asked her, unsure myself. To try and keep from worrying, I lifted Zeki's PDA and began to fiddle with it. I took down his many firewalls, changed his password to some silly phrase, among other fairly arbitrary actions. Waiting for Boomer's response, I stayed partially connected to Zeki's PDA so when he tried to hack my modifications, I could send up endless error messages and in turn, override his hack. I was bored.
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:26 am
Lethero says...

Spork, Zeki doesn't physically enter the computer (yet). It's only his conscious in the computer. The hallway is only a physical representation of how his mind interpreting the inside of the computer.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:38 am
SporkPunk says...

I meant that...like, his body is there, but he isn't perceiving reality (hence he can't tell Troy and Boomer are there...?) since his consciousness is in the computer. I can edit my post if it doesn't make sense. Sorry for the confusion. :]
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:35 pm
bonnie babe says...

Ignore that post... -_-' *waits till 'the next day'*
Last edited by bonnie babe on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" -Einstien

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:34 pm
Moo says...

This will be short e.e

Tobi Smith // Psyche // 7:00PM

Nothing. Again.

Recon was proving as useless as ever. He searched every crease and corner of the guard's minds, until his head began to ache. They thought of nothing interesting, just money and guns and women. His stomach twisted into knots with the sickening vulgarity of it all.

He slumped against the wall, holding his head in his hands. A thousand voices created a torrent of noise. A thousand problems, a thousand lives, all brimming and pushing against the borders of his mind. He felt sick. Beads of clammy sweat formed along his forehead and he brushed them away absently. Something was wrong. The voices peaked, as if a thousand more joined in on the fray. They were screaming.

"Something is wrong," he murmured, staggering into an upright position. He could no longer tell what was in his head and what was not. Confusion ran circles around him as he turned his gaze towards the Gate.

Guns. He could hear guns.

*Okay, that was horrid. Major writers block. Basically the guard are raiding houses trying to find the Order after a tip off.*
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:58 pm
Pernicious says...

Remorse Ford | Friction

Out of the corner of her mouth slid a string of drool. It departed from her mouth in an instant and cascaded onto the floor beneath her three story balcony. A guard was unfortunately underneath this, and suspected Remorse of listening to all of their vital conversations, which of course was partly true. Remorse was in desperate need of some rest, but as of now, she'd have to hide herself in her dorm from this guard.

As she retrieved her idle mind from its brief napping, she turned on her heels; catching a glimpse of Tobi's figure in the process. It was small, but evident. Her body was in the opposite direction of him, but she had turned her head to gain sight of him again. As the guard that had spotted her began talking to the general and pointing to her dorm, she fled the building without a moments thought.

Throwing a jacket on as she pivotted through the slum like area; she pulled the hood up after fastening it, for this would attract less attention. Mud splattered up and hit her cheeks, making her freckles seem darker. She murmured incoherently, whiping said blobs of dirt off in the process of finding Tobi.

When she had caught sight of him, instantly, she could tell something was wrong. He seemed dazed, out of it, not all there, whereas usually Tobi has a distinct sharp appeal about him.

Turning around a sharp corner, she held her breath immediately, a horde of guards passing through the exit of the alley she was in. Gradually, she began to slip back into the nebulous shadows; her ebony jacket aiding her in being almost invisible.

At first, she thought they were gone, and so she readied herself to sprint out into the open. Her mind was taken over by her intentions. She didn't think twice about double checking her surroundings, she just wanted to come to Tobi's aid. She was once again stopped in her tracks. Respiring audibly, she began to wriggle her arm whilst turning her head to look up at the man that had grasped her.

He had sharp, ochre irises that shimmered within the dull light source.They told her something, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it yet. He stared back into her eyes, with a neutral expression taped to his features. Purposely, her eyes began to crowd with tears and she threw herself on the floor. Weeping into her knees and covering her fake crying face with her free arm. Instantly, she had gained the man's sympathy. He bent down and began stroking her back, whispering reassuring comments into her ears.

His eyes showed senses. Down-to-earthness. Care. But yet she didn't give a damn. His kind had showed her no mercy, and so, she would show him no mercy. Triggering some lightning from a passing cloud, a smirk fluently ran along her lips as an electrical sensation ran through both herself and the man. He made a struggling noise before rolling away from her, clutching at his abdomen and rolling in the puddles aimlessly. She spat on his helpless figure before sprinting away before other guards came to aid him.

Turning around a final bend, she eventually came to the suffering Tobi. Picking up her pace so she could reach him faster, Remorse grabbed his bulgy cheeks in her arms and lifted his head by them. She pulled on them, but only gently, as if trying to gain a laugh out of him, of which would reassure her that he was alright.

He smiled. But only slightly. Placing her sweaty palm to his forehead to check his temperature, Remorse found this useless. Her hands were too hot to get the approximate temperature of another.

Sliding down the wall beside him, she allowed her palms to cool off. "This isn't just going to be another failed attempt, is it..?" She murmured to fill the chilling silence.

To me, this seems seriously.. rushed o.o..
"Lost time is never found again."

-Benjamin Franklin

169 Reviews

Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:02 pm
Lethero says...

Zuki Zuman - Hacker - 6:30pm

I made it to the armory about fifteen minutes after I left HQ. Neptune was sitting there, casting his glance every which way, a ball of water floating in his hand. He glanced over at the camera as if to say, "Is it safe to walk out." I nodded and gestured for him to follow me.

"Watch my back for me," I said as I ran up to the monitor next to the armory door, and set my hand on it. Instantly, I was transported into the computer's system. I had to dig past all the firewalls and anti-spyware to find what I was looking for, after that it was a simple matter to put me in the system so I could open the door. As a precaution I set up a virus to wipe the computer should anyone try to dig into it.

I took my hand away as I entered reality and watched the door open to the armory. "We're in," I said. So, far everything was going to plan, perfectly, but as I walked in the door, I remembered that if plans seem to go perfect, then there's something wrong.

As Neptune and I entered the door, we came face to face with the barrels of the guards guns. "Don't move," the guard said. Suddenly, I heard Neptune shout in pain. I turned to see him fall to the ground with a guard with a stun gun standing right behind him.

Dammit, was the last through I had before 10,000 volts of electricity ran through my body and I was rendered unconscious.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:34 am
retrodisco666 says...

Eric Thomas// Neptune.

I let out a cry of agony as electricity surged through my body. Hacker turned around for a second to long, the stun gun hit him square in the chest. He fell on the ground next to me writhing in pain. The guard who had shot Hacker still had his finger on the trigger, surge after surge of electricity went into hacker and before long he slipped into unconsciousness. I couldn't move, but I had managed to stay conscious.
"What now?" the guard behind me said. His voice was rough and deep.
"We needed this kid, and that was it," Hackers guard said. why would they need Hacker,I thought to myself. Their conversation seemed to end there as they all pondered what to do next. I needed to get away from them. I needed to escape. I concentrated my gaze on the stunner in Hacker. My eyes seemed to become glazed with excess water. I blinked, and held it for more than what was required. I needed these guards to be the same as the rest, they usually have an overactive trigger finger.I looked at Hacker and could feel his pain. I checked to see the small ball of water around the stunner.
"Help. Help. Help." I muttered loud enough for them to hear. It worked, both guards pulled the trigger. Electricity surged through me, but it never touched Hacker. The excess amounts of water caused the device to shut down. The guard could not fathom it. He kept pressing the trigger trying to cause a shock. It was our time to escape.

I looked at the only guard with an actual weapon. I visualised in my head his red lungs filling up with water, bit by bit, like a water balloon. I then pictured it crawling up his throat. He started to splutter in front of us. Dropping his weapon and scratching at his throat. They may have knew who Hacker was, but they were clueless about me. The two other guards went other to him. His eyes had become blood shot red. He would be dead within seconds. I slowly and painfully moved my arm to the stunner and pulled it from my back. The guard was know motionless on the floor. Floods of water pouring from his mouth.
"What did you do," one of the guards said whilst he grabbed me by the scruff of the neck. All I could do was smile. He punched me straight in the face. Blood filled in my mouth, I just spat it in his face. The other guard picked up the gun and stormed over. His heavy feet echoing in the armoury. He pointed the gun straight at my head. Fear and adrenaline surged through my body. A wall of water appeared between us,How did I do that without realising? The guard fired of a round of bullets. I flinched in case it wasn't as strong as I hoped. I snuck a glance. The bullets had been lodged in the metal wall, and I could feel the wall weakening. I strengthened the wall only to have it weaken with the next set of bullets. I was growing tired. The electricity had really taken it out of me. I strengthened the wall once more, using the last of my energy. I slowly began to drift into unconsciousness, when I heard two gun shots. I presumed they were for me, that I had been shot. Instead the guards fell to the floor and a new dark figure was stood above me.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

72 Reviews

Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:00 pm
Moo says...

I have an idea. How about the 'dark figure' could be a break in from Caine? I was thinking they could have tried to break into Nox in order to bring some out, to gather an army of sorts. That way they could overrun those who imposed the Purge on the Chosen. Seeing as the outside of Nox would be poorly protected, I thought something like this could be possible. I'll go with this anyway, I wanna post. :P If you guys don't like it, I can edit my post.

Tobi Smith // Psyche // 6:32 PM

"This isn't just going to be another failed attempt, is it..?"

Tobi's eyes rolled back in his head as he staggered to the wall, groping blindly for its support. The agony of his head was peaking to the point of torture. "No... no. I can't..." he cried, his forehead shimmering with clammy moisture, his nails arching into the rough texture of the wall. Alarm sprang into Remorse's eyes as she seized him by the shoulders in a rough shake.

"I need you to listen to me, Tobias." The use of his full name only heightened his confusion. Her voice swam through his mind in strange, distorted tones that made his heart jump in his chest like a frightened bird. With ridiculous effort he managed to focus briefly upon Remorse's face. Her stoic expression calmed him slightly, though no comfort could ease the madness that seemed to rub riot in his thoughts. "Now, tell me what's wrong. What do you hear?"

"I don't know! I don't know!" He was close to screaming from the pain. His whole body shook with vicious tremors, his breaths where disjointed and shuddered up his throat in a horrible, rasping gasp. "New ones, voices, they're close. They're shooting and killing, I don't know who, this thing is screaming in my head, I can't make sense of any of it!" He was bordering on hysteria now, his vision blackening in a sinister vignette.

"Listen to me!" She maintained her calm expression, though her voice was rising. "They're scrambling the signals. I can feel some electricity surges." His eyes rolled back to reveal his bloodshot whites and she shook him again. "We have to-"

Her words seemed to drift languid non-existence, as if suspended in time. The static ceased though the pain remained to a lesser degree. His body sagged with relief as he shakily managed to stand again, while his mind slipped back into a state of normality. "It's gone," he managed to say, his voice breathless and weak, as if the words had been uttered from under the frail ribs of a dying songbird. He pressed his face to the cool stone, as the ache subsided and his thoughts were his own once more. Something has broke into Nox.
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

169 Reviews

Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:27 pm
Lethero says...

"Are they awake?" I heard someone ask from very far away.

"No, they're both still out," said a second voice."

"Well, get them in the house, we don't need to be seen out here."

I regained consciousness painfully. I screamed, because it felt like every inch of my body seemed to be on fire. Two figures I didn't recognize ran to my side. "He's okay," one said, putting his hand on my forehead "he's just experiencing after-affects of the stun gun." Slowly, the pain settled away into a dull throb, and I managed to sit up, and I was able to see the two people in front of me. One was a light haired guy, about my age, with glasses and he wore a black sneaking suit. The other was a pale woman, around the same age, with a mess of white hair, and a similar black sneaking suit.

"Who are you people?" I asked.

"We're from Caine, we're here to get you out," answered the light haired guy.

"Get us out?" I asked, perplexed for a second. "Well, be killed if we don't have a plan, and so far we don't."

"We do. Can you tell us your name?" asked the pale guy.

"Zeki. Zeki Zumum, but most just called me the Hacker."

"Well, my name is Effigia, but I'm also called Ghost. This here is Aevum, but we just call him Doctor."

"What about the other guy with me?" I asked suddenly remembering Neptune.

"He's fine, still unconscious over there," answered Aevum. "We came in just in time too." I picked myself up, and saw Neptune's form on another bed across the room. Aevum laid his hand against my head and said, "I think you should rest for a bit."

"But I'm not tired," I said, but I felt myself slip back into sleep.

*Aevum (aka Doctor): His ability is that of control over the human body. He can block pain, stop blood flow, and expel most poisons from the body. He can heal small cuts and bruises easily, but deep cuts and broken bones he can heal as for as easing pain and stopping the blood. It has to heal the rest of the way on it's own.

Effigia (aka Ghost): She can simply walk through solid objects. She has been known to accidentally lose control of her power and slip through the floor.

**Tell me what you think Moo. If it would be preferable, I or you can make bios for them and they can be for anyone to use.**
Last edited by Lethero on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:27 pm
View Likes
retrodisco666 says...

Eric Thomas// Neptune

I stood in the large black and white tiled room. Various pieces of broken pottery surrounded the ground around me. A horse and a castle were amongst the pieces. It was a chess board. A high screeching sound came from behind me, I turned to see the black queen moving towards me at an alarming speed. I turned quickly oh god I though to myself. I sprinted across the large white square towards the black in front of me. My feet skidded to the edge of the square it was hollow. I quickly looked over the edge and I couldn't see the bottom. The queen was now on my square, I had to make my move. I leapt into the hollow darkness below me with eyes closed. When I opened them again I found myself in a completely different location. A girl with striking red hair was sat at the end of a long wooden table playing the violin. As I stepped towards her she stopped playing. She looked at me with watery blue eyes and smiled a little. She placed her violin on the table. She placed her small hands on the edge of the table. She pulled her hands up bringing the table with her, it changed into a piece of fabric before me eyes, it was astounding. She rolled it up into a very small piece and tossed it towards me.
"You'll need that. It's a map" Her voice was high and stringy. She then showed me another smile. She started to walk towards me, I stuffed the map into my pocket. She jumped into the air, her body was changing form. A cloud of dark fog appeared around her.
"Nox is getting weaker. Soon you will escape." Her voice had now become grotesque and her words were followed with a soft crackling sound. " Listen to the doctor and you will get far. There is a traitor amongst you, find them soon or everything will fail." She finished. The fog disappeared revealing an angel like creature. It looked exactly as you would expect an angel to, apart from everything was back. It soared towards me knocking me down and through the floor. It fell away like a jigsaw piece throwing me into the room below.

I felt myself waking up. The room was dimly lit and two faces I didn't know were before me, alongside Hacker. I smiled with relief. My bones began to ache and pain shortly followed.
"Shh. It is fine," one of the voices soothed. I rolled onto my side. A large bump was pressing into my thigh. I rolled back, returning to look at the faces. I nervously put my hand into my pocket and felt a soft piece of fabric. I carefully pulled it out.
"What's that?" Hacker asked me.
"A map, I think" I answered not entirely sure.

(If anything is wrong or you don't like ti just let me know and I will edit)
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

72 Reviews

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:24 pm
Moo says...

That's fine, unusual but fine. xD I'll post tomorrow, I've got an unholy amount of homework tonight.)

--Carl Sandburg

Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything, it is because we are dangerously close to wanting nothing.
— Sylvia Plath