z

Young Writers Society

The Chosen [Started!]

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:41 pm
Lethero says...

My job was much simpler than the other jobs, but still very important, and I was the only one who could pull it off. My job was to use the phone to access their CCTv cameras and keep an eye on guard posts, and watch out for the recons and scouts. As soon as I got home, I returned to the guard's database hallway, and walked in through the CCTV door.

Surrounding me were floating images of what the cameras see. I could see the half dozen cameras surrounding the gates, and the small button cameras located in all the buildings (Zeki makes sure that the meetings never appear on the cameras in HQ). I looked into the armory and saw the walls lined with guns and suits for the guards.

I pulled out after watching the everything going on after few minutes. I laid down on my bed in the corner, a place I specifically picked a long time ago because it's in the cameras blind spot. As sleep came to take me, my last thought was, I'm finally getting out of here.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:13 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Eric Thomas// Neptune

Scout, I was going to scout. I would rather find out what is going to happen first. This was my thought as my eyelids became heavy. I wondered what Black Rose would be doing as well. I sort of hoped she would chose scout. I wanted to make a breakthrough with her. No-one deserves to be lonely, especially not in a place like this. Escape was on the tip of our tongue, and I wanted to make sure she made. I scratched at the serial number that scrawled up my arm. Family is what we had become. The murky ceiling above me faded away to black as I fell asleep.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:11 pm
Pernicious says...

Remorse Ford | Friction

Feeling quite cramped in the chair, she aimlessly began to elbow Tobi countless times in his pelvis area. As Regal entered the room, she stopped this and fell silent. After the negotiating of the phone and such, she was then taken by surprise as her name was mentioned. Fully tuning in to what was being said; the muscles beneath her eye then began to convulse as she was apprently congratulated.

She attempted to speak throughout the voices of praise, but her voice was drowned out by their's. Finally, Regal cut them off and explained the rest. She voiced some input of course, but like almost always, trailed off.

After the momentum of excitement passed and the news of it not being today killing it straight off, there was still a buzz of hope and adrenaline in the atmosphere.

She aimed this at no particular person, but said it anyway. "You know, all this buzz is going to have to die straight away. The guards are arresting people for suspicious looks, if they see you overjoyed or the least bit happy in this perforated city you'll be taken in and interegated..."

Rolling her shoulders casually, she then squirmed; removing herself from the bantam chair without ease at all. She stumbled forward, but used some friction to slow herself down. Readjusting her bandana, she turned to Regal, now able to look him in the eye.

"I'll be a scout; toying with guards will be like a monkey among banana trees for me. As sad as it seems, I enjoy seeing them miserable like they do to us. It's so sadistic, but.." She seemed to trail off at the fact she acknowledged she was beginning to babble. Clearing her rustic larynx, of which had gained a rusty tone due to her babbling, she saluted, although it certainly wasn't necessary.

Sliding back over to Tobi, she eyed each character within the room. Sticking her tongue out of the corner of her mouth, Remorse began to toy with her electric ability; zapping those that caught her eye, or sending anything electrical chaotic and cause it to rapidly electracute those that touched it.

She didn't want to return home, that was obvious. Sleeping in a solid hard bed that had a thin enough matress so that the wires were feelable didn't at all tickle her fancy. But alas, she would of course have to return home. So, before doing so, she would be the last left in the HQ, or at least second last before leaving to her dorm. Spending as much time here as possible was her intention.

I kind of repeated a lot here ><.. Anyway, I'll edit my post if I need to state going home and to bed, since we're going onto the next day O.o?
"Lost time is never found again."

-Benjamin Franklin

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:38 pm
Jas says...

Crap. Crap. Crap. I had no internet for the past 2 days and couldn't post and now you guys are pretty far in and I have no clue what's going on. I always hated doing this and hated people who did this, but...could someone bring me in?
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:57 pm
AquaMarine says...

**Quick because I'm tired.**

Jason / Arctic

Jason signed up for reconnaissance quickly, hoping that he would be able to leave soon. He was feeling restless, especially now they were so soon to breaking out, and he needed to do something dangerous, maybe reckless. Jason knew this was him being horribly macho, but he pushed that thought away.

A close voice caught his attention, and he turned slightly to see a girl with purple hair, apparently talking to herself. He listened harder, and heard her say, "Shut up Denys," which seemed to be the end of the conversation. Jason had no problem with her talking to herself - he generally found that talking to oneself made conversations much less stress-filled.

Ignoring the chatter breaking out in the room, Jason slipped out the door and into the freezing night. Luckily, the cold didn't bother him much - it wouldn't when he could shoot ice out of his hand whenever he wanted to. Jason's breath frosted in the air and he began to walk quickly back to where he slept, exultant thoughts bouncing through his head. It wasn't often he got that excited - most of the time it just meant being let down - but they had the code, it was really happening! A part of Jason wished that he'd been able to steal the phone, that he was responsible for his own escape. But hopefully the recon mission would fill that hole.
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:13 am
SporkPunk says...

Troy//Nolan//11:34PM

"...that's so cool," I mumbled, looking down at my watch. I noticed the time--it was late. I looked back at Boomer. "I'm going to head back to my place, try and catch some sleep...figure out what I missed at the meeting..."

"I missed it too," she smiled slightly.

"Well, then, let's go to HQ tomorrow morning. I'll come by in the morning."

She opened her mouth as if to speak, then closed it. She sighed. "Okay."

I grinned. "Later."

I ran back to my haunt, a small apartment near HQ that didn't draw much attention. It was average looking, though cramped. I curled onto my mattress that lay on the floor and thought about HQ. Sometimes, I wondered if I would even be useful in the event of a breakout and storming of Eden.
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:56 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Cassidy/ Boomer/ 11: 37

I had run to the balcony to say a quick bye, but he was already gone. I sidestepped the window and slid down the wall, another Anberlin song ringing out with pride. Troy had been the first person I'd met in the Order outside of HQ- and I'd only been to the place twice. I heard a knock at the white-painted door, plastered over with band posters. Nine years I'd been here- it showed. I turned the door, swinging a hat, a dog tag with my ID number, and a few loose wires.

"Rochelle?"

"Yeah, Cassidy, sort of obvious there. And -uh- why is there a chair knocked over?"

I glanced over my shoulder. I'd forgotten to fix the chair Troy had knocked over, and my iHome was warm from the ridiculous bluegrass music he'd obviously faked. I didn't do bluegrass.

"Uh, yeah. Fell."

"Ah huh. Anyway. Miss Laurie's off an 'appointment'-" insert finger quotes "so I'd thought I'd lock up. You could... god, can't believe I'm saying this, but you could go out for.... for a... for a run." Her voice stalled. She hated letting me run, mainly because the Nocturne were prone to knowing whose forearm was tattoed. Mine, obviously, was.

I felt the urge to leap forward and hug Rochelle. I acted on it.

"Uh... oof. Have fun?"

"I will!"

By the time I hear her lock the door, I'm halfway down the street, legs pumping and heart racing.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:36 am
View Likes
Jas says...

I really want to be in this but I don't know how to put myself in since you guys are already so far in. Could someone please put me in?
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:23 am
SporkPunk says...

**Just a suggestion but maybe your character could run into Boomer while she's running? I couldn't think of a good way to put you in otherwise. Sorry. :/***
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:41 am
Moo says...

I sent you a PM about bringing you in, Jas. :)

Okay guys, I'll be wrapping up and moving onto the next day, where we'll be able to get some action in. :) I'm going to school now though, so I'll be back in six or seven hours. :3

-Moo
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:45 pm
bonnie babe says...

Hey people, I’m back!

Sorry for being away for so long. -_-' Please forgive me!

Anyhoo I’m joining this!

Name: Itai Yagami

Order Name: Scythe

Appearance: He is Japanese and has black hair and eyes (his eyes turn red when he uses his power). He is 5’8”. He wears ¾ length shorts and a t-shirt. He always smiles.

Personality: He acts happy go lucky but acts this way so he can hide the fact that he is scared of himself when he uses his power because he enjoys using it on people. He can be unintentionally insensitive and will never take the blame. He is very optimistic.

History: His mother was terribly sick and bedridden in hospital; in order to pay for the hospital fees when he was 10 he used his power to steal money from someone and was caught in the process and sent to Nox. In order to save his (chosen) mother he denied that he had any relations and she was saved. He doesn't know the location of his father.

Ability: He can induce pain using his mind. He can’t control his power very well but when he is really angry and focusing he can break bones. He can’t kill people with his power. (If you can remember Hinata; his power is similar but hers is on a whole greater level!)

Elemental familiar: Albino Crocodile

Strengths: He is always optimistic and very resourceful. He makes friends very easily.

Weaknesses: He will do anything for the sake of his mother and so if she is in danger he will be easily manipulated. He expresses empathy badly and often sounds insulting when he is in fact trying to cheer someone up. He also can’t use his power on more than one person at a time and is restricted by his lacking of knowledge of the human body.

Serial number: 528-037-004

Other: Up for love

I will come in when the next day begins. ;)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" -Einstien

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:23 pm
Moo says...

Bonnieeeee :D Welcome aboard. So we're starting the next day. Feel free to start a little action if you have the oppurtunity.

Tobi Smith // 'Psyche' // 6:00 PM

As evening tinted the skies sanguine red outside Nox's walls, the city settled into silence. Tobi skimmed his gaze across the winding paths and through the tight little streets, whistling tunelessly through his teeth as he went. The dingy yellow street light slanted through the alleys, illuminating his face for a fraction of a second, every time he passed through the thin, stone hallways.

He felt his heart jump as a guard turned his faceless gaze upon him, the cold hard glint of his mask causing his stomach to turn in anxious knots. The guard's thoughts were merely a stream of irritated profanity. His whistles subsided to almost a low whisper, before finally subsiding into silence. The guard turned around again.

Madness. A city where a boy couldn't whistle while he walked.

Thud. With a grunt of pain he smacked into a solid object, almost bouncing off the cool, hard pavement. He bit his tongue to hold a curseword, casting a quick glance upwards.

"Cha-"

"Shh, you idiot." With a yelp he was dragged to his feet, roughly being yanked out of view by his wrist. He caught his breath while his racing heart began to still again.

"Sorry," he whispered, pressing his sweat caked palms against the cool touch of the rough tone walls. Chandra rolled her eyes. He felt his pale skin heat with chagrin as he tousled his silver hair abashedly.

"Just keep our names on the QT. We want to keep a low profile if we'e going to get any info from these fools."

"Yeah.. I know," he grunted, taking off towards the Gate with his hands buried in his pockets.

*hope this is okay. As for everyone else, your character should be positioned and ready to perform their duties. Scouts will be keeping the guards off the Recon's tails, just to remind you.*
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:55 pm
Lethero says...

My job was simple: I sat back in HQ with the phone rewired to our computer system and used it to hack into the guards' database the old fashion way. Soon I could pull up videos from everywhere, and keep an eye on guard patrols. I glanced at my other screen where it showed an image of the inside and outside of the armory. Something I wasn't asked to do, but knew it would be useful in some way eventually. And as a little fun, I messed with the vehicle guard patrols, giving them directions that would lead to dead ends on their GPS, severely frustrating them every time they came up to a wall.

I glanced back at my screen and noticed that the armory was suddenly devoid of people. "Somebody call in. I got a job for anyone who's up to it."

"What is it," came a voice over the radio.

"The armory is empty," I replied. "We could probably use some weapons."

"Is it unlocked?"

"One second. I got the code here." I looked around in the armory file and didn't come up with an area to entire the code. Just as I was about to give up, I saw a brief note on the door lock. "Damn I said. It's on a separate server."

"Ok, just give me the code and I'll enter it."

"It's not the simple they have a retina and thumbprint scanner."

"Damn. Can you get by it?"

"Yes, but I need to be there. Meet me in front of the armory." I shut off the radio and ran out, forgetting to arm myself as I left.

*The person on the radio can be whoever.*
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:14 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Eric Thomas// Neptune.

I put down the radio from Hacker. I hadn't seen a guard in a while so this was something different. I crept down the narrow passages on the way to the armoury. No guards where anywhere to be found, this scared me more than anything. We were freaks to always be watched, so where were they?

Scouts were all over the place. Glances in the dark made me feel safe. Only two more passages and I was at the armoury. The feel on the dirt between my feet seemed to have changed texture, it was wetter. It clung to my thread bare shoes, Great I thought to myself. I looked around the corner to see if anyone was coming. Empty. I quickly ran through the clearing to the other side. Hacker would be here soon and then we would be able to stand against them. Something still felt odd though, as if they were expecting someone. I made a small ball of water in my palm. It spun and crashed like a wave in my cupped hand. I let it fall into the dirt. Just in case I thought to myself.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:31 pm
Pernicious says...

Remorse Ford | Friction

Abberating forward throughout the atramentous metropolitan absent-mindedly; each lamp deprived of thriving light flickered as she came in line with them. This was of course due to her ability; and by now she was use to it. When her mind wandered, electricity seemed to go wild around her, but only minorly.

Her eyelids descended over her eyeballs like curtains gradually, and every so often she would have to elevate them up again. So tired after having five days impoverished of sleep, she would have to find a way to maintain being awake to forfill her duties, but also find a way to catch a momentum of sleep so she wouldn't miss anything and so that her motives were preformed with excellence.

She stared up at the balcony; torn, translucent curtains greeting her with the most insignificant of breezes, that to normal folk wouldn't even be classed as one. The walls conducted by shadows had a distinct saffron hue about them. This was obviously because they had been neglected, smoked by and left to rot in the shadows. Reality cornered her heart within her chest and began to violently prod it. Over a wall... She seriously needed to get out, and as this thought occured throughout her mind, her animate being seemed to become more abundant and raise from its slouched posture. She had at least some energy now, she just had to keep thinking about those ambrosial pastures that waited for her beyond the walls.

Gritting her pallid enamels, her abnormally alpine canines began to grate away at the opposing teeth. As her nasal cavities flickered, with this, she bolted through the door, braking both its hinge and lock with the backs of her arms. Her dorm was situated in a building that was quite close to the main gate, meaning she had access to viewing the guards with ease from her balcany adhered room.

There seemed to be quite a few of them, unarmed and conversing aggressively. The largest male, of which seemed to be the general, pointed in direction of HQ, causing Remorse to become concerned immensely. She squeaked the gate preventing her from falling from the balcany; focussing her hearing although it would be impossible for her to here, even thought they were almost shouting.

Standing on her tiptoes for a mere moment to check on the HQ, she saw that nobody was surrounding it, so maybe they were on about something else. Taking advatage of her height to peer at other stations of which her kind may be infiltrated, suspiciously, the most vital ones were lacking guards. She didn't question this, for the thought of luck overwhelmed her mind, not a trap.

"You can't lose anything in here son. Those rodents will get it in their grimey midsts and- You don't know what they're capable of when they have something like that!" Hollered the general, his voice crystal clear and echoing throughout the arrange of buildings. He muttered and began to play with the stubble upon his chin; the fact that one of the 'rodents' possibly hearing him causing his stomach to churn.

"Sir. I don't mean no disrespect, but I bet they didn't know I lost anything. Shouting like that probably alerted them that there's some property for them to steal..." Replied the younger, less muscular guard.

He was somewhat.. familiar. Remorse caught on; this guard was whom she stole the mobile off. She didn't know how to react to this; should they move faster and hurry up before they're caught? Or should they be more slower and careful, more subtle so nobody catches on.

Stress. Panic. Fustration. Dismay.

And despite all of this, she continued checking through the streets she could have a clear view upon for any Recon's that would need assistance.

Every five minutes, Remorse would have a brief sleep, restoring her energy bit by bit so her abilities preformed perfectly.
"Lost time is never found again."

-Benjamin Franklin

So verily with the hardship, there is a relief, verily with the hardship, there is a relief.
— Quran Ch 94:5-6