z

Young Writers Society

The Chosen [Started!]

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:39 pm
Moo says...

---
Last edited by Moo on Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:48 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Oooh. Definitely in, with a girl. Able to bend shadows to her will?

Edit: Profile.

Name: Nerina (Rina) Dravenwulf.

Order Name: Kali.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Nerina seems timid, kind and naive at first but she's not shy or afraid to speak her mind, even if she in trouble for it. Fierce and loyal, Nerina can't stand to see those she cares about hurt or threatened. She's not timid, but she is kind of blunt and sometimes comes off as cold and uncaring. Surprisingly, she does have a fiery temper, but she'll only lose it when she's been pushed too far.

History: Nerina, or Rina as she's sometimes known, came to the city as a child, barely able to walk. She's lived in the city for as long as she can remember, but now she wants out. And the Order have used that to their advantage; teaching her knife work and how to hone her ability, how to use it as a weapon as well as for camouflage and other stealth related objectives. Nerina, or Kali, as the order calls her, has been known to cover her fellow Order members as they enter the secret HQ by using her powers.

Ability: One only- Shadows. She can *wrap herself in shadows, *make the shadow solid and use it to harm others, *smother an area in darkness (useful for when she has multiply enemies and needs to confuse them), and many more.

Elemental familiar: Panther.

Strengths/weaknesses: Strengths; Her abilities, her stealth. Her knowledge of all things thief-related. Her speed, knows how to use weapons, ride and cook. Weaknesses; Panics when backed into a corner and tends to overreact on rare occasions, such as confronted with past misdeeds, which are many. She also has a fiery temper that can sometimes get out of hand and tends to drop things.

Serial Number: 117635249.

Other: A dagger. Some nasty scars across her left shoulder blade.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:51 pm
SisterItaly says...

Name: Rosalie - does not go by her name... EVER

Order Name: Black Rose

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Image She always wears that mask. She won't take it off for anyone.

Personality: Rosalie is very enclosed, and doesn't like people. She considers herself a monster. She doesn't trust anyone and when she fights she lets her anger get in the way of her skill. She doesn't really talk much, but if you could get the mask off, you'd see the scary b*tch is really a scared girl. She feels no sympathy for anyone.

History: She grew up in a middle class family, with middle class family and a middle class school. She was a stronger and better fighter then any of the other kids, so she was called a freak, and turned into an outcast. She hid in her room most of the day, with her plants. When her parents began to call her a freak when she was thirteen, she ran away from home. A man by the name of Robert found her a few weeks later and took her in, training her in martial arts and self defense. She made her mask herself, and gave herself the name black rose. If by chance you figure out her real name, she won't answer to it.

Ability: Earth manipulation

Elemental familiar: Black widow spider

Strengths: Martial arts, green thumb, navigating in the dark,

Weaknesses: Swimming, people, anger issues, is allergic to animal fur, gets dizzy, is terrified of big dogs

Serial Number: 182384864

Other:Her necklace and mask
Spoiler! :
ImageImage
Last edited by SisterItaly on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:11 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Don't entirely get, but will join. BTW- whatever happened to Dark Crusade? :(

Name: Cassidy Fletcher

Order Name: Boomer, a nickname given to her after she... well, boomed. See abilities.

Appearance: Wavy blonde hair and dark green eyes, rather gangly; she's tall and stick thin, almost completely without curves. Has an angular face and a sharp body altogether, and seems to buzz with energy. She's often caught wearing the deer-in-the-headlights expression, and hides a knife under her shirt. Don't make her use it. Long limbs and never squeaky-clean, often bruised or scraped up. Doesn't talk much, and is rather pale.

Spoiler! :

Personality: High energy, skittish, and hyperactive. She's got pretty bad trust issues after all that's happened and will often hang around you, a lot, to see if you're worth trusting. She's quirky, and a fascinating person to just watch; twitchy and intuitive, hyper and cynical. She'll help with anything as long as you do something for her; that's not out of greed, it's out of fear and need. She's always going to run if spooked, and isn't one to start a fight, but if she gets caught in one, she'll get out just fine. She runs whenever she can, and is, as a result, faster than the fastest. Nimble and long-lasting, too. She always runs before when she guesses sunrise is, something unknown by basically all of Nox, but it's just her little treasure.

History: From an orphanage. Not much to say about that. Starved and neglected, left to her own devices, until she started showing powers and was shipped off to Nox at age nine. She's lived there since, and is well known by the locals. She knows where to go to get anything, and usually spends all day scouring the city for... whatever she wants at that moment. She gets touchy about her past, still having nightmares about the orphanage, and the question of who her parents are or were hangs over her, always. In Nox, she was taken in by a caring, if rough, diner owner, and now lives above the shop, working for that diner. She's not especially close with the owner, who lives five blocks away. But she works for her stay and money, and spends whatever free time she can out running.

Ability: Sound manipulation. She can *mimic someone else's voice, or another sound, *throw her voice, *create sonic booms, *create super-high, inaudible frequencies, and take all noise out of a place, stop all sound, and *alter any sound.

Elemental familiar: leopard

Strengths/weaknesses: Strengths: fast as anything, super, super smart, knows her way around, stealthy. Weaknesses: will occasionally lose control of her power, doesn't eat a lot at all, has trust issues, and isn't very strong.

Serial Number: 226897391

Other: Never seen without her silver headphones, either on her ears or around her neck.

Spoiler! :

Goes by Cass mainly, plays violin and guitar. Loves them both. Loves running.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 8 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

72 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:23 pm
Moo says...

Scar: Your power is approved. :)

Ninja: What don't you understand? I'll gladly explain and edit any parts that seem cloudy for anyone. And Dark Crusade just.... died. Not enough interest in it, so I decided to just let it rot in the storybook archives. xD

Also, could we have more takers for males please?
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:25 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

But... is my power approved? *hope*
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:29 pm
SporkPunk says...

Name: Troy Callahan
Order Name: Nolan, his middle name
Appearance: Tall, pale and lanky with short black hair and brown eyes. Sometimes, a goatee depending on his whims. He prefers darker clothing.
Spoiler! :

Personality: To sum it up in one word, blunt. He tells you exactly what he thinks when he thinks it, no holds barred. If he doesn't like you, he'll make sure you know. He's honest, brutally so. Don't expect sugar coating of anything with him. Sometimes, this leads him to a pessimistic streak if he's stressed out. He's not all bad though. Troy has a very soft side. He cares deeply for the ones he loves and will do anything to help them out. Despite this, he is fairly social.

History: Born in suburbia to normal parents, Troy began life quietly. Then, at the age of six, he realized he could make things work, even if they were broken, or even if he'd never seen it before. His parents realized he wasn't normal, and he was sent to Nox without a further inquiry. Adopted by a kindly couple of Noxians, Troy has taken on their last name and continues to hone his ability quietly. This betrayal has led him to have trust issues with most strangers, and most people. He is simply waiting for the day the next person will betray him.

Ability: Machine manipulation. Making him: an amazing hacker* great at repairing anything* expert marksman* and basically able to manipulate anything mechanized. He is only limited by his imagination. :D

Elemental familiar: Silvery fox. Troy has only been able to call it once, when he was being sent to Nox.

Strengths/weaknesses: Strengths: Ability to discern truth from lies, honest, very intelligent, leadership potential

Weaknesses: Can be seen as rude, is rather aloof, tends to be a little paranoid, sometimes doesn't understand when people are joking

Serial Number: 452397143

Other: As a avid drum and bass fan, he has his own turntable and various computers...a makeshift studio. On his person, he usually is seen with a book on philosophy or a comic book. Wears glasses with black lenses---makes it difficult to see his eyes.
Spoiler! :
Last edited by SporkPunk on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:34 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Dude, this sounds FREAKING AWESOME.

Name: Maia
Order Name: Lavender
Appearance:
AnimeGirl58.jpg
AnimeGirl58.jpg (83.12 KiB) Viewed 503 times

She's rather pale, with lavender hair which she insists is natural and reddish purple eyes. Average height.
Personality: Very, very quiet on the outside. Inside, however, she's a hotheaded rebel who will do anything for freedom. She's friendly once you get to know her, and if you become really good friends with her, she reveals a spunky, rebellious side that nobody would ever associate with her. If you make her lose her temple she will make you wish that you'd never been born.
History: Maia's never seen sunlight; she was born in Nox. Her parents were swiftly disciplined for creating her, and she never knew them.
Ability: Extremely good agility. She can climb walls and ceilings if she's concentrating hard enough, and fit into almost any space if she tries.
Elemental familiar: Cat
Strengths/weaknesses: She's very good at reading people. (Body language and such). She thinks things through before she acts, which can be both a strength and a weakness. She's OCD and slightly schizophrenic. Also, vision in her right eye fades in and out.
Serial Number: 754829871
Other: Up for love. She likes daggers, but knows how to use guns. She has a scar across her face going diagonally from a run-in with a Nocturne Guard. She's got several more on her back and arms from punishments.

I can make a guy too if you want.
Last edited by gsppcrocks10 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:39 pm
Jas says...

Name: Chandra Ramone

Order Name: A code name used by the Order in the interest of protecting their identities: Houdini or Witch.

Appearance: Long brown hair, blue eyes, a long scar starting at her left eyebrow and trailing down her cheek. She's pretty tall at 5'11 and is thin.

Personality: She is rebellious and proud. Don't get on her bad side or she'll confuse the hell out of you. She has a pretty face but a bad temper. She's sarcastic and has a good sense of humor. She'll do anything for her friends and has no mercy for her enemies.

History: When she was 11, both her parents were killed when they tried to escape with her. She was hurt badly, causing the scar that reminds her of her past everyday. She hates the humans who forced her to sit through her parents point-blank execution.

Ability: One only. Usually tends to be an element of some sort. [THIS MUST BE APPROVED FIRST.] Also, note that there will be many abilities within a single element. Your character will have the potential to have many abilities within their element, but will not be able to use them all until they are developed. Put a * after each ability that they can use: Can disappear and reappear in other places, giving her the nickname Houdini. She can breathe underwater and move objects without touching them. She is a natural ventriloquist and can make her voice sound like others.

Elemental familiar: An animal spirit that can be summoned by the user. Only the most powerful Chosen can summon their familiar, though some have been known to do so unknowingly in dangerous situations: A black cat with one silver stripe down it's back.

Strengths/weaknesses: Balance them. Try to get four of each: Whenever she uses her powers for too long, she either blacks out or gets killer headaches. She is a horrible fighter and only has her powers to get out of a fight. She will never give up no matter how badly she is hurt. She will never leave a friend or team member behind even if it means her death.

Serial Number: A nine digit number used to identify residents. Tattooed on their arm upon birth or entry to Nox: 221896645

Other: Weapons, scars, equipment etc: She has a long scar starting at her eyebrow and ending at the base of her cheekbone. She always has a tiny bottle of posion on her to use on enemies or herself if she becomes captured.

*Can't wait for this to start!*
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

336 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:43 pm
Jas says...

Wow, I started mine when this was empty. Then I finish, check on my post and see like eight girl profiles. Wow.
I am nothing

~*~

72 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:45 pm
Moo says...

Yeah Ninja, it's approved. :D

Crocks: Approved as well.

Jas, I already claimed a spot for a psychokenetic. Mind changing that bit? I'd like everyone's powers to be as unique as possible. :)

And me either, I'm seriously excited. xD

And no more females. For now.

--Carl Sandburg

336 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:48 pm
Jas says...

Psychokenetic? I just drew up a list of all of Houdini's famous acts and turned them into powers. Which ones should I take out?
I am nothing

~*~

72 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:49 pm
Moo says...

Moving objects with you mind, I think it is. Do you mind? D:

--Carl Sandburg

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:07 pm
Sins says...

Considering you need more guys, I'd be happy to make one, if that's cool with you. :) Is having the ability to swap bodies with any other living thing okay?
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:13 pm
SporkPunk says...

----EDIT----

I changed to machine manipulation. Sorry for all the changes. xD :)
Last edited by SporkPunk on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown